IRC log of mediafrag on 2011-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:03:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:03:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-irc
10:03:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:03:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
10:03:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:03:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM already started
10:03:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:03:39 [trackbot]
Date: 12 January 2011
10:04:09 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0004.html
10:04:33 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
10:04:36 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik
10:04:54 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.93.00.aabb
10:05:08 [Zakim]
+ +329331aacc
10:05:23 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is davy
10:05:23 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
10:05:33 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is tomayac
10:05:33 [Zakim]
+tomayac; got it
10:06:02 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Thomas, Davy, Yves, Silvia, Philip
10:06:07 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:06:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:07:10 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
10:07:44 [raphael]
Yves: management team discussing this afternoon about charter renewing
10:07:58 [raphael]
... I think it makes sense to have another LC step, but very short, 2 weeks
10:08:10 [raphael]
... given the substantial changes made
10:08:13 [davy_]
davy_ has joined #mediafrag
10:08:47 [raphael]
... and so we give time to get more comments
10:09:02 [raphael]
Raphael: will this enable to have the RTSP part in the document?
10:09:14 [raphael]
Yves: the problem will be to get implementations
10:09:44 [raphael]
Davy: we have a server side implementation of RTSP
10:10:04 [raphael]
Yves: I think that separate note for RTSP would be better
10:10:12 [raphael]
Raphael: poll is controversial on this aspect
10:10:58 [raphael]
... results are: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results
10:12:10 [raphael]
Propose to accept PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon:
10:12:10 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html
10:12:17 [davy]
+1
10:12:30 [raphael]
s/PROPOSED to accept/
10:12:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:12:44 [raphael]
+1
10:12:46 [Yves]
+1
10:12:50 [davy]
+1
10:12:52 [tomayac]
+1
10:12:55 [raphael]
minutes accepted
10:13:10 [raphael]
Topic: 2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION
10:13:17 [raphael]
ACTION-199?
10:13:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-199 -- Raphaël Troncy to add a clarification text regarding the purpose of the grammar -- due 2010-11-24 -- OPEN
10:13:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/199
10:13:39 [raphael]
close ACTION-199
10:13:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-199 Add a clarification text regarding the purpose of the grammar closed
10:13:46 [raphael]
ACTION-200?
10:13:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-200 -- Raphaël Troncy to send a proposal to close ISSUE-19 that consists in: clarification text + normative parsing algorithm -- due 2010-11-24 -- OPEN
10:13:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/200
10:13:58 [raphael]
close ACTION-200
10:13:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-200 Send a proposal to close ISSUE-19 that consists in: clarification text + normative parsing algorithm closed
10:14:08 [raphael]
ISSUE-19?
10:14:08 [trackbot]
ISSUE-19 -- Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself -- open
10:14:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/19
10:14:42 [raphael]
Raphael: we cannot close this issue yet
10:14:53 [raphael]
... Philip sent patches that I have to review
10:15:09 [raphael]
... and include them in the document
10:15:34 [raphael]
ACTION-196?
10:15:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-196 -- Raphaël Troncy to address comments from the Media Annotations WG and draft a reply -- due 2010-11-09 -- OPEN
10:15:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/196
10:16:09 [raphael]
Topic: 3. 3. HTML5 BUG:
10:16:18 [raphael]
s/3. 3./3.
10:16:23 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft mionutes', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
10:16:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:16:40 [raphael]
ACTION-205?
10:16:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-205 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
10:16:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205
10:16:46 [raphael]
close ACTION-205
10:16:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-205 Send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist closed
10:16:48 [raphael]
ACTION-206?
10:16:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-206 -- Raphaël Troncy to reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
10:16:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/206
10:16:54 [raphael]
close ACTION-206
10:16:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-206 Reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker closed
10:17:44 [raphael]
Raphael: Ian has closed the bug again
10:17:52 [raphael]
... he complains because we have 2 issues in one bug
10:18:00 [raphael]
... first issue, he replied
10:18:01 [raphael]
"For comment 10 issue 1: the spec already says as much as it needs to say on the
10:18:01 [raphael]
subject: "If either the media resource or the address of the current media
10:18:01 [raphael]
resource indicate a particular start time, then set the initial playback
10:18:01 [raphael]
position to that time and then seek seek to that time." (in the resource fetch
10:18:01 [raphael]
algorithm)
10:18:18 [raphael]
... second issue, he replied
10:18:19 [raphael]
"For comment 10 issue 2: that's a browser UI issue and out of scope of specs
10:18:20 [raphael]
such as HTML.
10:18:54 [raphael]
See also http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723
10:21:37 [raphael]
Yves: I agree with Ian for comment on issue 1
10:21:49 [raphael]
... I suggest to defer to Silvia for comment on issue 2
10:22:05 [raphael]
Thomas: I think Ian is correct for issue 2
10:22:42 [raphael]
Raphael: Silvia indicates we should open more bugs and would like to discuss them
10:23:20 [raphael]
... I suggest that Silvia mails the group which bugs she would like we open
10:24:13 [raphael]
Topic: 4. RTSP processing
10:24:20 [raphael]
ISSUE-18?
10:24:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-18 -- RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI -- open
10:24:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18
10:24:30 [raphael]
ACTION-207?
10:24:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-207 -- Raphaël Troncy to setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
10:24:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/207
10:24:35 [raphael]
close ACTION-207
10:24:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-207 Setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note closed
10:24:44 [raphael]
Results of the poll: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results
10:25:11 [raphael]
... 4 are for a separate note and 3 for inclusion in the main spec
10:25:44 [raphael]
Yves, Thomas and Erik haven't replied yet
10:25:51 [raphael]
Yves: I abstain
10:26:20 [raphael]
Thomas: I don't have an opinion on this (lack of knowledge of RTSP), so I abstain as well
10:27:37 [raphael]
Raphael: from the comments, the main fear is to delay the process ... but it seems we will have another LC anyway
10:27:53 [raphael]
... so I will rephrase the question: who is really *against* having this part in the main spec?
10:28:10 [raphael]
Yves: my main concern is the delay to get the implementations of this part
10:28:31 [raphael]
... but this is not a main concern
10:30:01 [raphael]
ACTION: Davy to add the RTSP processing section as an appending to the main document
10:30:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-210 - Add the RTSP processing section as an appending to the main document [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2011-01-19].
10:30:16 [raphael]
Raphael: content to add is at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_RTSP_Communication
10:31:02 [raphael]
... I will ask ALL to commit to a date where we are all here for inviting Addison to a telecon
10:31:40 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Use Cases
10:31:56 [raphael]
s/4. Use Cases/5. Use Cases
10:32:25 [raphael]
Raphael: NEC is a new member in the group
10:32:37 [raphael]
... one representant suggest a new use case, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0005.html
10:32:57 [raphael]
Silvia: good use case but no more requirements that what we have
10:33:11 [raphael]
Davy: perhaps he wants to have 2 regions in one URI ?
10:33:47 [raphael]
... perhaps he wants moving regions too
10:35:20 [raphael]
Raphael: perhaps we could adapt our text in the UC document with this new input
10:35:54 [raphael]
Topic: 6. Test Cases
10:36:11 [raphael]
ACTIOn-209?
10:36:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-209 -- Davy Van Deursen to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
10:36:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/209
10:36:25 [raphael]
Davy: I'm working on it, hope to finish it by next week
10:36:38 [raphael]
... I'm also working on an HTML visualization so we don't have to look at the RDF
10:36:45 [tomayac]
(did everybody leave the call?)
10:37:31 [raphael]
Davy: we will need an entire telecon about test cases to re-review them later on
10:37:46 [raphael]
... include-setup has been added in the meantime
10:38:01 [raphael]
Topic: 7. AOB
10:38:05 [raphael]
[silence]
10:38:11 [raphael]
meeting adjourned
10:38:35 [tomayac]
same here
10:39:02 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:39:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:39:05 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:39:06 [Zakim]
-davy
10:40:12 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
10:40:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:41:02 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
11:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, tomayac, in IA_MFWG()5:00AM
11:05:01 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
11:05:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were +49.408.081.7.aaaa, +33.4.93.00.aabb, raphael, +329331aacc, davy, tomayac, Yves
11:10:23 [homata]
homata has joined #mediafrag
11:12:24 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
11:12:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
11:12:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Davy to add the RTSP processing section as an appending to the main document [1]
11:12:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-irc#T10-30-01