IRC log of dap on 2011-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:45:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:45:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-dap-irc
14:45:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:45:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:45:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:45:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
14:45:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:45:38 [trackbot]
Date: 12 January 2011
14:51:39 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:52:43 [fjh]
trackbot-ng, start telecon
14:52:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:52:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:52:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:52:49 [trackbot]
Date: 12 January 2011
14:52:53 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0022.html
14:53:59 [fjh]
Chair : Frederick_Hirsch, Robin_Berjon
14:54:14 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch, Robin_Berjon
14:59:51 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:59:52 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
14:59:57 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:59:57 [Zakim]
+??P17
15:00:01 [fjh]
zakim, ??P17 is me
15:00:02 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
15:00:14 [Zakim]
+richt
15:00:15 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
15:00:21 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
15:00:21 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
15:00:23 [cmarc]
Present + Cecile_Marc
15:00:31 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, richt
15:00:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cmarc, ilkka, Claes, ingmar, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, arve, richt, darobin, wmaslowski, shepazu, trackbot, dom
15:00:34 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:00:59 [Zakim]
+??P29
15:01:18 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Dong-Young_Lee has joined #dap
15:01:33 [ktaklee]
ktaklee has joined #dap
15:01:39 [Zakim]
+Phil
15:01:39 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Present+ Dong-Young_Lee
15:01:58 [ktaklee]
Present+ Kyung-Tak_Lee
15:02:21 [Zakim]
+??P38
15:02:30 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P38 is me
15:02:39 [cmarc]
0299 12 is cmarc
15:02:53 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
15:02:55 [Suresh]
Suresh has joined #dap
15:03:06 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:03:08 [Suresh]
Present+ Suresh_Chitturi
15:03:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
15:04:17 [Zakim]
+??P41
15:04:22 [fjh]
Regrets+ John_Morris
15:04:22 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, richt, ??P27, ??P29, Phil, darobin, ??P41
15:04:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Suresh, ktaklee, Dong-Young_Lee, cmarc, ilkka, Claes, ingmar, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, arve, richt, darobin, wmaslowski, shepazu, trackbot, dom
15:04:28 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
15:04:46 [jgiraud]
Present+ jerome_giraud
15:04:48 [Zakim]
+??P48
15:06:03 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaaa
15:06:32 [cmarc]
zakim, 029912 is cecile_marc
15:06:32 [Zakim]
sorry, cmarc, I do not recognize a party named '029912'
15:06:41 [cmarc]
(+33)
15:06:53 [arun_prasath]
arun_prasath has joined #dap
15:06:57 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is claes
15:06:57 [Zakim]
+claes; got it
15:06:59 [Claes]
zakim, aaaa is Claes
15:06:59 [Zakim]
sorry, Claes, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
15:07:09 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:07:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, richt, ??P27, ??P29, Phil, darobin (muted), ??P41, ??P48, claes
15:07:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see arun_prasath, jgiraud, Suresh, ktaklee, cmarc, Claes, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, arve, richt, darobin, shepazu, trackbot, dom
15:07:21 [Claes]
zakim, +46.1.08.01.aaaa is Claes
15:07:22 [Zakim]
sorry, Claes, I do not recognize a party named '+46.1.08.01.aaaa'
15:07:36 [fjh]
Present?
15:07:50 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
15:07:52 [arun_prasath]
present+arun_prasath
15:08:13 [richt]
Present+ arun_prasath
15:08:20 [darobin]
Zakim, pick victim
15:08:22 [Zakim]
-??P48
15:08:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick victim', darobin
15:08:36 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:08:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, richt, ??P27, ??P29, Phil, darobin (muted), ??P41, claes
15:08:52 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:08:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see arun_prasath, jgiraud, ktaklee, cmarc, Claes, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, arve, richt, darobin, shepazu, trackbot, dom
15:09:05 [richt]
zakim, who's making noise?
15:09:08 [Zakim]
+MaxF
15:09:17 [Zakim]
richt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: MaxF (4%), fjh (75%)
15:09:33 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
15:09:39 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:09:46 [fjh]
i'll call back
15:09:56 [fjh]
zakim, what is the code?
15:09:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), fjh
15:10:07 [darobin]
it can't be MaxF
15:10:15 [Zakim]
-claes
15:10:26 [Zakim]
+ +5850486aabb
15:10:36 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
15:10:39 [AnssiK]
zakim, aabb is me
15:10:40 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
15:10:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.610.801.aacc
15:11:22 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Jan/0002.html
15:11:30 [fjh]
seoul logistics avaiable
15:11:31 [maoteo_]
maoteo_ has joined #dap
15:11:47 [fjh]
ScribeNick: claes
15:11:54 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
15:11:58 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes
15:12:09 [fjh]
Approve 5 January minutes
15:12:10 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/att-0014/minutes-2011-01-05.html
15:12:19 [maoteo_]
Present+ Maria_Oteo
15:12:24 [Zakim]
+ +91.80.67.82.aadd
15:12:28 [Claes]
RESOLUTION: 5 January minutes approved
15:13:01 [Claes]
Topic: Access Control Requirements
15:13:12 [fjh]
update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0020.html
15:13:13 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
15:13:28 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.312.aaee
15:13:48 [Claes]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Publish Access Control Requirements
15:13:49 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
15:13:56 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
15:14:04 [maoteo_]
Zakim, aaee is me
15:14:04 [Zakim]
+maoteo_; got it
15:14:23 [Claes]
RESOLUTION: Publish Access Control Requirements
15:14:23 [Zakim]
+Phil.a
15:14:33 [Claes]
Topic: Web Introducer
15:14:36 [fjh]
Services Discovery and Permissions - "Web Introducer"
15:14:45 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0016.html (Tyler)
15:14:45 [fjh]
prototyping, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0021.html
15:14:54 [dcoloma]
dcoloma has joined #dap
15:15:21 [dcoloma]
Present+ Daniel_Coloma
15:17:54 [dcoloma]
Zakim, maoteo_ holds maoteo_, danielcoloma
15:17:54 [Zakim]
+maoteo_, danielcoloma; got it
15:18:39 [Claes]
Encourage people to read the Web Introducer specification and check the web site
15:19:09 [Claes]
Topic: Messaging
15:19:49 [Zakim]
-??P29
15:19:55 [fjh]
dom notes that messaging could be layer on URI schemes, thus changing the scope of messaging
15:20:14 [fjh]
dom notes however that change in scope not yet clear
15:20:15 [Zakim]
+??P14
15:20:37 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:20:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see richt, ??P27, Phil, darobin, ??P41, ??P1, MaxF, AnssiK, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.610.801.aacc, +91.80.67.82.aadd (muted), maoteo_, Phil.a, ??P14
15:20:40 [Zakim]
maoteo_ has maoteo_, danielcoloma
15:20:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dcoloma, Dzung_Tran, maoteo_, AnssiK, arun_prasath, jgiraud, ktaklee, cmarc, Claes, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, richt, darobin, shepazu, trackbot, dom
15:21:30 [fjh]
we need a concrete proposal on the list
15:22:05 [Zakim]
+lgombos
15:22:10 [fjh]
dom notes can defer uri scheme aspect, but update direction
15:22:14 [fjh]
can that be sotd
15:22:18 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
15:22:20 [Claes]
Dom: 2 aspects, how to tie with URI schemes? send clear message weher we are going
15:24:08 [Claes]
Dom proposes not to publish until document it clearer in terms of our direction with this API
15:24:34 [fjh]
s/weher/weher
15:24:41 [fjh]
s/weher/where
15:25:01 [fjh]
action: fjh to prepare access reqmts for publishing, pubrules etc
15:25:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-324 - Prepare access reqmts for publishing, pubrules etc [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-01-19].
15:25:31 [fjh]
ok with publishing early and often
15:25:31 [AnssiK]
+1 to Rich's proposal
15:25:47 [Claes]
Rich: Prefere not to publish until clearer
15:26:02 [fjh]
rich would like not to publish, remove dependency on permissions
15:26:25 [Claes]
....we can publish but prefer a better specification before this
15:26:59 [fjh]
dom offers to make changes over the next week, allowing publication next week
15:27:14 [Claes]
Dom: Give another week to give time for scope etc clarifications
15:27:40 [seong]
seong has joined #dap
15:27:57 [Claes]
...wants to calrify security considerations in relation to URI schemes
15:28:15 [fjh]
s/calrify/clarify
15:28:21 [fjh]
q?
15:28:28 [dcoloma]
q+
15:30:18 [Claes]
Daniel: Agree with Suresh.
15:30:19 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
15:30:24 [Claes]
Suresh: Clarify scope ok but not major changes
15:30:42 [fjh]
ack dcoloma
15:30:42 [fjh]
action: dom to update Messaging to clarify security considerations and URI schemes
15:30:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-325 - Update Messaging to clarify security considerations and URI schemes [on Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux - due 2011-01-19].
15:30:42 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:30:47 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Dong-Young_Lee has joined #dap
15:30:58 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Present+ Dong-Young_Lee
15:31:18 [Claes]
RESOLUTION: Dom updates on scope etc and postpone publication until next week
15:31:33 [Suresh]
Suresh has joined #dap
15:31:35 [Claes]
Topic: Contacts
15:31:36 [fjh]
updates, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0018.html
15:31:47 [Suresh]
Present+ Suresh_Chitturi
15:32:25 [Zakim]
+??P16
15:32:26 [Zakim]
-MaxF
15:32:39 [fjh]
message from Anssi, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0031.html
15:33:02 [Claes]
Rich: Have difficulties interpreting Rich
15:33:22 [dom]
Zakim, ??P16 is me
15:33:22 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:36:10 [Zakim]
+ +36.7.384.aaff
15:39:38 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
15:39:40 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
15:39:51 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
15:40:04 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:40:08 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
15:40:26 [fjh]
q?
15:40:27 [dcoloma]
dcoloma has joined #dap
15:40:32 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:40:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see richt, ??P27, Phil, darobin, ??P41, ??P1, AnssiK, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.610.801.aacc, +91.80.67.82.aadd (muted), maoteo_, Phil.a, ??P14, lgombos, dom,
15:40:35 [Zakim]
... +36.7.384.aaff
15:40:35 [Zakim]
maoteo_ has maoteo_, danielcoloma
15:40:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dcoloma, fjh, richt, gombos_, lgombos_, wmaslowski, Zakim, RRSAgent, trackbot, dom
15:40:38 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
15:40:40 [maoteo]
maoteo has joined #dap
15:40:49 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
15:41:10 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:41:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:41:20 [fjh]
suresh is concerned about not having a clear javascript api
15:41:20 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
15:41:39 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:41:40 [fjh]
Present+ Dom
15:41:50 [fjh]
s/Present?//
15:42:00 [fjh]
s/(+33)//
15:42:01 [Claes]
Sorry, had IRC problems and had to reload IRC
15:43:17 [fjh]
s/i'll call back//
15:43:17 [fjh]
s/Sorry, had IRC problems and had to reload IRC//
15:43:17 [fjh]
s/it can't be MaxF//
15:43:17 [fjh]
s/0299 12 is cmarc//
15:43:20 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
15:43:21 [Claes]
..so missed to document discussion
15:43:29 [fjh]
richt notes that can use other approaches beyond javascript api
15:44:05 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:44:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:44:33 [fjh]
richt suggests using existing web framework
15:50:00 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
15:50:01 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
15:50:01 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
15:50:02 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:50:05 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
15:50:12 [dcoloma]
dcoloma has joined #dap
15:50:16 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
15:50:18 [Claes]
...
15:50:29 [Claes]
IRC problems but back again
15:50:29 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
15:50:58 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:51:15 [richt]
Suresh, my key question is: for adding and updating contacts, why do we need a programmatic API rather than reusing the existing web platform?
15:51:21 [Claes]
Fjh: Suresh, please docuemnt your issues in the chat or in a mail
15:51:46 [richt]
...we need new content on this subject. We've got a JS API. It kills the user experience. Please assume policy and permissioning is not possible.
15:52:15 [fjh]
s/docuemnt/document
15:53:49 [Claes]
Suresh: I willsend an e-mail on the Contacts API issues.
15:53:53 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
15:53:53 [Claes]
Topic: Calendar
15:54:09 [Claes]
Rich: Aligned with Contacts API done
15:54:11 [richt]
Suresh, please put your thoughts in an email on the Contact API Adding and Updating contacts.
15:54:31 [Claes]
....optimizations
15:54:43 [Claes]
...feedback appreciated
15:56:08 [Claes]
Suresh: Have looked at it and have proposed changes
15:59:34 [Zakim]
-lgombos
15:59:54 [Zakim]
-??P1
15:59:57 [Zakim]
- +36.7.384.aaff
15:59:58 [Zakim]
- +1.610.801.aacc
16:00:00 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
16:00:01 [Zakim]
-richt
16:00:04 [Zakim]
-Phil.a
16:00:07 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
16:00:11 [Zakim]
-??P27
16:00:11 [Zakim]
-darobin
16:00:11 [Zakim]
- +91.80.67.82.aadd
16:00:21 [Zakim]
-maoteo_
16:01:45 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
16:01:46 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
16:01:51 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
16:02:28 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
16:02:31 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
16:02:40 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #dap
16:02:45 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:07:52 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
16:08:12 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:08:54 [Zakim]
-??P14
16:14:19 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:14:19 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
16:14:19 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
16:14:33 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:14:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:14:33 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
16:15:08 [fjh]
Topic: Calendar
16:15:14 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
16:15:37 [fjh]
Updated draft available, suresh has additional proposed changes. Will work with Rich offline
16:15:49 [fjh]
note - due to IRC issues part of chat transcript was apparently lost.
16:15:54 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
16:16:03 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:16:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:17:00 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
16:18:54 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
16:26:22 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:26:32 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
16:26:32 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
16:26:32 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
16:26:35 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
16:27:19 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
16:28:34 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
16:30:01 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
16:30:03 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
16:38:44 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
16:38:44 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
16:38:55 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:39:01 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
16:39:12 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
16:39:20 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
16:39:47 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
16:48:31 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #dap
16:50:32 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
16:58:01 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
16:58:22 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
16:58:50 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
16:59:07 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
17:05:24 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
17:17:34 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
17:17:34 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
17:17:34 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
17:24:36 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
17:24:43 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
17:26:18 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
17:36:02 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
17:36:13 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
17:36:32 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
17:36:56 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #dap
17:41:00 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
17:45:28 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
17:46:50 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #dap
17:47:10 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
17:47:27 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
18:13:22 [wmaslowski]
wmaslowski has joined #dap
18:13:46 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap
18:13:46 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
18:18:19 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
18:18:22 [gombos_]
gombos_ has joined #dap