See also: IRC log
<SteveH> UK users rushing to get lines :)
<SteveH> IPcaller has breathing noise
<SteveH> cbuilara, can you mute, your mic is very noisy
<AndyS> Hi all
I'll do it
<AxelPolleres> scribe: Alex Passant
<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
AxelPolleres: approve minutes for
the last meeting
... comments ?
<AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
AxelPolleres: minutes approved
<NickH> (I think)
... some comments over the break
... draft responses that need approval
... or discussion
<AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:JP-2 from Andy
AxelPolleres: JP-2 - comment from AndyS
<AndyS> LeeF has tentatively approved it. ideally, want a second +1
AxelPolleres: next one, Ian Davis comment
AxelPolleres: response drafted from chimezie
AxelPolleres: discussion on the list around the comment
chimezie: one comment about the
term "RDF knowledge"
... beyond that, would be good to have input
... some things he asks are about graph storage
<AxelPolleres> wait until we have resolved that terminology....
chimezie: please people look at it and comment if you're not ok with it
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - update
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-353 - Update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-18].
chimezie: next regular meeting in
... scribe : olivier
chimezie: collecting topics on LC
on the wiki
... ask ediors to complete this asap
... and mention what's missing
... query document
SteveH: 2 things on the TODO
... check subqueries
... english language
<AndyS> Steve - theer is the formal section to complete for agg/group.
<AxelPolleres> seems we can't hear andy
<SteveH> AndyS, I think that's done, but feel free to point me to missing bits after the call
<AndyS> Steve - not in copy I see - the vars things don't line up yet. Offline.
<AxelPolleres> andy, maybe redai, we can't heaer you it seems
AxelPolleres: comprehensie list
of pending issues
... any reviewer for the query document ?
<LeeF> Me please
<bglimm> I can review Query again
<MattPerry> I can review it ... I just signed up
<LeeF> everyone wants to review query!
AxelPolleres: at leaast 2 reviews per document
<bglimm> Lots of volunteers ;-)
AxelPolleres: LeeF , bglimm and MattPerry volunteer
LeeF: sturctural changes,
language changes ...
... review to be as comprehensive as possible
AxelPolleres: next: update
<AxelPolleres> Alex: got an email from Andy on editorial comments ...
<AxelPolleres> ... main thing missing formal model
<SteveH> ok to review update document
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Alex to wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-354 - Wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update [on Alexandre Passant - due 2011-01-18].
<AxelPolleres> Andy: did Alex take into account august comments
<AxelPolleres> Alex: should be, except if I missed something.
<AxelPolleres> Axel: would help if you add names to each item on the wiki
AxelPolleres: next one:
... wiki page on the formal protocol issues
LeeF: wiki page still
... greg trying to help the protocol document
<AxelPolleres> Greg will help on protocol, lee tries to help... great!
LeeF: different things we want to
support based on the last protocol TC
... direct POSTing of SPARQL update queries
... form-encoding conventions
<scribe> ... done some research on how to use WSDL
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: got comments on
email and twitter
... in favor of being a HTTP only protocol for SPARQL 1.1
... bindings to HTTP
... anybody can go ahead with WSDL bindings
... if protocol goes HTTP only, SOAP wont be a standard implementation
... need to decide if that's what the WG wants
... some additional degree of work on the protocol
AxelPolleres: we have that later
on the agenda
... but can discuss now
... any open question
... or everyone fine for that solution
... drop WSDL in SPARQL protocol and got an HTTP only protocol
<LeeF> Proposal would be to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
LeeF: anybody will be concerned about dropping it ?
<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
<AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
<AxelPolleres> (no objections)
AndyS: JSON and protocol issues
<SteveH> JSONP I think
LeeF: issue with
... adding to the protocol page
kasei: would not pursue it
... and consider CORS
<SteveH> CORS is a while oof being widely available
<SteveH> it's been around since FF3.5 / Safari 4
AxelPolleres: objections or support ?
<AndyS> agree with SteveH -- CORS is done (std) but deployment rollout is the issue (browsers and servers)
sandro: no ise of the deployement
... whether users and JS developers will be happy to use that
AxelPolleres: leave that open for
... not sure we can include in the protocol doc
sandro: we could put it at risk and ask for comments
<kasei> regarding "at risk", it's not in the doc right now, and I'm the only one who brought up the issue.
kasei: no one has brought the issue yet
AxelPolleres: reviewers for protocol
<LeeF> We need at least 2 reviewers.
<cbuilara> I can review
AxelPolleres: AndyS agreed
... cbuilara agreed
... next document : service description
kasei: most issues taken into
... few editorial issues remaining
... aligning links between service description and protocol document
AxelPolleres: closed to be
... LeeF volunteer. needs another one
AxelPolleres: NicoM agreed
kasei: reviews could start soon
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Lee to review SD documents for LC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-355 - Review SD documents for LC [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Nico to review SD documents for LC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-356 - Review SD documents for LC [on Nico Michaelis - due 2011-01-18].
<AxelPolleres> Steve, Andy, SteveH agreed a solution
<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph
AxelPolleres: default graphs in update
chimezie: query component with
... understood that operation applies to the default graph context
<AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph
<AxelPolleres> close ISSUE-63
<trackbot> ISSUE-63 Handling of default graph in HTTP update protocol closed
<bglimm> I am now bglimm and bglimm.a :-(
AxelPolleres: next one on the title of the document
<AxelPolleres> Thoughts on Dave Beckett's comments re: name? (search for "uniform" in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2010Dec/0001.html)
AxelPolleres: based on Dave Beckett comment
chimezie: David gave one
... agreed to make it shorter
... suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 RDF graph management protocol"
<AndyS> The word "management" is also a bit odd to me. "management" does not associate with GET to me.
<LeeF> SPARQL 1.1 Basically RESTful But Maybe Not Strictly RESTful HTTP Protocol
chimezie: concrete suggestion would be "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol for managing RDF (graphs)"
<AndyS> SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph protocol.
SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol
<SteveH> PARQL 1.1 HTTP graph protocol
<LeeF> What about removing "SPARQL 1.1" from the name?
<AxelPolleres> SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph management protocol
<chimezie> my suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP Graph Management Protocol"
<AndyS> +1 to SteveH
<kasei> SteveH, haha
<SteveH> you don't need RESTful, and protocol
<SteveH> ...but it's not clear without
<AxelPolleres> RDF graph management protocol
<SteveH> SPARQL is kind of a brand
<SteveH> helps users know what to expect
<AndyS> And spec uses SPARQL Update for defn.
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Chime to collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-357 - Collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2011-01-18].
AxelPolleres: next document :
... no issues recorded
bglimm: document can be reviewed
AxelPolleres: reviewers for the
HTTP protocol document
... AndyS already agreed
<NickH> I am a bit short of time
<NickH> but I will try
<SteveH> I can do it, probably
AxelPolleres: NickH agreed
... SteveH agreed
<LeeF> when the editors say "go"
AxelPolleres: want to start reviews as soon as docs are ready
<LeeF> I will ask Kendall.
AxelPolleres: volunteer for entailement ?
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: leeF to ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-358 - Ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
<MattPerry> I can ask around for another team member here at Oracle
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Matt to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Matt
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Matthew to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-359 - Find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc [on Matthew Perry - due 2011-01-18].
<AxelPolleres> next document: federated query
AxelPolleres: issues will be summarised by email
<AxelPolleres> ACTION: Carlos to summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html#action10]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-360 - Summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-01-18].
kasei: put a call for comments
and no response
... so probably good
AxelPolleres: reviewing should be eary
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/.. or/... or/ No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: AlexPassant Found Scribe: Alex Passant WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Alex AlexPassant Andy AndyS Axel AxelPolleres IPcaller LeeF MattPerry NickH NicoM P12 P15 P30 P4 P50 P52 PROPOSED Phil Sandro SteveH aaaa aabb aadd aaee bglimm cbuilara chimezie joined kasei sparql trackbot You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy Regrets: Paul_Gearon Olivier_Corby WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-11 Got date from IRC log name: 11 Jan 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html People with action items: alex axel carlos chime lee leef matt matthew nico update[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]