IRC log of sparql on 2011-01-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:52:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-irc
14:52:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
14:52:45 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:52:45 [Zakim]
ok, AxelPolleres; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:53:02 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-11
14:53:15 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
14:53:35 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Paul Gearon, Olivier Corby
14:54:56 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
14:54:59 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:55:04 [NicoM]
NicoM has joined #sparql
14:56:47 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:56:54 [Zakim]
+??P4
14:57:05 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
14:57:05 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:57:18 [Zakim]
+SteveH
14:57:32 [SteveH]
UK users rushing to get lines :)
14:57:37 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:57:51 [SteveH]
IPcaller has breathing noise
14:57:52 [cbuilara]
Zakim, +IPcaller is me
14:57:52 [Zakim]
sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
14:57:59 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres
14:58:17 [SteveH]
Zakim, who's speaking?
14:58:28 [Zakim]
SteveH, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bglimm (24%), [IPcaller] (39%), AxelPolleres (50%)
14:58:44 [cbuilara]
Zakim, ??IPcaller is me
14:58:44 [Zakim]
sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '??IPcaller'
14:58:44 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:58:45 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:58:50 [cbuilara]
Zakim, IPcaller is me
14:58:50 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:59:03 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:59:08 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:59:08 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:59:09 [Zakim]
+kasei
14:59:09 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
14:59:12 [SteveH]
cbuilara, can you mute, your mic is very noisy
14:59:17 [AndyS]
Hi all
14:59:45 [Zakim]
+ +49.911.973.4.aaaa
15:00:02 [NicoM]
zakim, +49.911 is me
15:00:10 [Zakim]
+NicoM; got it
15:01:01 [Zakim]
+LeeF
15:01:04 [AndyS]
zakim, be happy
15:01:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'be happy', AndyS
15:01:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aabb
15:01:36 [MattPerry]
zakim, aabb is me
15:01:51 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
15:02:22 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:03:23 [NickH]
NickH has joined #sparql
15:03:28 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
15:03:43 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone
15:03:55 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', AxelPolleres
15:04:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bglimm (muted), SteveH, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, NicoM, LeeF, MattPerry, Sandro
15:04:39 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aacc
15:04:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.636.aadd
15:04:45 [AlexPassant]
ok
15:04:51 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, 3539149aacc is me
15:04:53 [AlexPassant]
I'll do it
15:04:57 [Zakim]
sorry, AlexPassant, I do not recognize a party named '3539149aacc'
15:04:58 [chimezie]
Zakim, +1.216.636.aadd is me
15:05:02 [AxelPolleres]
scribe: Alex Passant
15:05:03 [Zakim]
+chimezie; got it
15:05:12 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, +3539149aacc is me
15:05:17 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:05:28 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-11
15:06:11 [AlexPassant]
topic: admin
15:06:15 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
15:06:17 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: approve minutes for the last meeting
15:06:19 [Zakim]
+ +44.164.235.aaee
15:06:19 [AlexPassant]
... comments ?
15:06:42 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
15:06:44 [AlexPassant]
... minutes approved
15:06:52 [NickH]
zakim, +44.164.235.aaee is me
15:06:52 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
15:06:56 [NickH]
(I think)
15:07:08 [AlexPassant]
... current comments
15:07:14 [AlexPassant]
... some comments over the break
15:07:23 [AlexPassant]
... draft responses that need approval
15:07:25 [AlexPassant]
... or discussion
15:07:39 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:JP-2 from Andy
15:07:45 [AlexPassant]
... JP-2 - comment from AndyS
15:08:06 [AndyS]
LeeF has tentatively approved it. ideally, want a second +1
15:08:06 [AlexPassant]
... next one, Ian Davis comment
15:08:08 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:ID-1
15:08:13 [AlexPassant]
... response drafted from chimezie
15:08:44 [SteveH]
also http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:DBeckett-1
15:08:44 [AlexPassant]
... discussion on the list around the comment
15:09:08 [AlexPassant]
chimezie: one comment about the term "RDF knowledge"
15:09:28 [AlexPassant]
... beyond that, would be good to have input
15:09:40 [AlexPassant]
... some things he asks are about graph storage
15:09:42 [AxelPolleres]
wait until we have resolved that terminology....
15:10:07 [AlexPassant]
... please people look at it and comment if you're not ok with it
15:10:50 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses
15:10:50 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - update
15:11:01 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses
15:11:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-353 - Update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-18].
15:11:10 [AlexPassant]
... next regular meeting in a week
15:11:15 [AlexPassant]
... scribe : olivier
15:11:39 [Zakim]
-bglimm
15:11:43 [AxelPolleres]
topic: To Last Call
15:11:52 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
15:12:03 [AlexPassant]
... collecting topics on LC on the wiki
15:12:07 [AlexPassant]
... ask ediors to complete this asap
15:12:39 [AlexPassant]
... and mention what's missing
15:12:46 [AlexPassant]
... query document
15:12:52 [AlexPassant]
SteveH: 2 things on the TODO list
15:12:56 [AlexPassant]
... check subqueries
15:13:03 [AlexPassant]
... english language
15:13:20 [SteveH]
no
15:13:24 [AndyS]
Ah.
15:13:26 [Zakim]
+??P50
15:13:36 [AndyS]
Steve - theer is the formal section to complete for agg/group.
15:13:37 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P50 is me
15:13:37 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
15:13:57 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:13:57 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
15:14:02 [AxelPolleres]
seems we can't hear andy
15:14:10 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
15:14:10 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
15:14:11 [SteveH]
AndyS, I think that's done, but feel free to point me to missing bits after the call
15:14:29 [NickH]
<silence>
15:14:30 [AndyS]
Steve - not in copy I see - the vars things don't line up yet. Offline.
15:14:31 [AxelPolleres]
andy, maybe redai, we can't heaer you it seems
15:14:37 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:14:44 [Zakim]
-NicoM
15:14:55 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: comprehensie list of pending issues
15:15:09 [AlexPassant]
... any reviewer for the query document ?
15:15:20 [LeeF]
Me please
15:15:20 [bglimm]
I can review Query again
15:15:22 [MattPerry]
I can review it ... I just signed up
15:15:26 [LeeF]
haha
15:15:29 [LeeF]
everyone wants to review query!
15:15:30 [AlexPassant]
... at leaast 2 reviews per document
15:15:42 [bglimm]
Lots of volunteers ;-)
15:15:45 [AlexPassant]
... LeeF , bglimm and MattPerry volunteer
15:16:12 [AlexPassant]
LeeF: sturctural changes, language changes ...
15:16:18 [AlexPassant]
... review to be as comprehensive as possible
15:16:38 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: next: update
15:17:03 [AxelPolleres]
Alex: got an email from Andy on editorial comments ...
15:17:08 [Zakim]
+??P15
15:17:10 [AxelPolleres]
... main thing missing formal model
15:17:16 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P15 is me
15:17:16 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:18:07 [SteveH]
ok to review update document
15:18:18 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Alex to wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update
15:18:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-354 - Wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update [on Alexandre Passant - due 2011-01-18].
15:18:44 [AxelPolleres]
Andy: did Alex take into account august comments
15:18:47 [Zakim]
+NicoM
15:18:54 [AxelPolleres]
Alex: should be, except if I missed something.
15:19:44 [AxelPolleres]
Axel: would help if you add names to each item on the wiki
15:20:04 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: next one: protocol
15:20:10 [AlexPassant]
... wiki page on the formal protocol issues
15:20:18 [AlexPassant]
LeeF: wiki page still accurate
15:20:24 [AlexPassant]
... greg trying to help the protocol document
15:20:44 [AxelPolleres]
Greg will help on protocol, lee tries to help... great!
15:20:51 [AlexPassant]
... different things we want to support based on the last protocol TC
15:20:56 [AlexPassant]
... direct POSTing of SPARQL update queries
15:21:05 [AlexPassant]
... form-encoding conventions
15:21:19 [AlexPassant]
... done some research on how to use WSDL
15:21:45 [AlexPassant]
... got comments on email and twitter
15:21:58 [AlexPassant]
... in favor of being a HTTP only protocol for SPARQL 1.1
15:22:07 [AlexPassant]
... bindings to HTTP
15:22:20 [AlexPassant]
... anybody can go ahead with WSDL bindings
15:22:44 [AlexPassant]
... if protocol goes HTTP only, SOAP wont be a standard implementation
15:22:52 [AlexPassant]
... need to decide if that's what the WG wants
15:23:04 [AlexPassant]
... some additional degree of work on the protocol
15:23:20 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: we have that later on the agenda
15:23:23 [AlexPassant]
... but can discuss now
15:23:45 [AlexPassant]
... any open question
15:23:50 [AlexPassant]
.. or everyone fine for that solution
15:24:02 [AlexPassant]
... drop WSDL in SPARQL protocol and got an HTTP only protocol
15:24:06 [LeeF]
Proposal would be to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:24:26 [AlexPassant]
s/.. or/... or/
15:24:36 [AlexPassant]
LeeF: anybody will be concerned about dropping it ?
15:24:37 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:24:46 [chimezie]
second
15:24:47 [bglimm]
+1
15:24:48 [AndyS]
seconded
15:24:53 [AlexPassant]
+1
15:24:54 [cbuilara]
+1
15:25:15 [SteveH]
+0.5
15:25:21 [NickH]
+1
15:26:08 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:26:11 [AndyS]
q+
15:26:30 [AxelPolleres]
(no objections)
15:27:25 [AlexPassant]
AndyS: JSON and protocol issues
15:27:34 [SteveH]
JSONP I think
15:27:36 [AlexPassant]
LeeF: issue with cross-domain
15:27:43 [kasei]
q+
15:27:53 [AndyS]
ack AndyS
15:28:03 [AlexPassant]
... adding to the protocol page
15:28:22 [Zakim]
-bglimm
15:28:42 [AlexPassant]
kasei: would not pursue it
15:28:47 [AlexPassant]
... and consider CORS
15:28:56 [SteveH]
CORS is a while oof being widely available
15:29:07 [SteveH]
*off
15:29:49 [SteveH]
it's been around since FF3.5 / Safari 4
15:29:55 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: objections or support ?
15:30:10 [Zakim]
+??P52
15:30:16 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P52 is me
15:30:16 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
15:30:18 [AlexPassant]
http://enable-cors.org/
15:30:21 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:30:21 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
15:30:32 [AndyS]
agree with SteveH -- CORS is done (std) but deployment rollout is the issue (browsers and servers)
15:30:44 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:30:55 [AlexPassant]
sandro: no ise of the deployement timeframe
15:31:06 [AlexPassant]
... whether users and JS developers will be happy to use that
15:31:18 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: leave that open for the moment
15:31:26 [AlexPassant]
... not sure we can include in the protocol doc
15:31:34 [AlexPassant]
sandro: we could put it at risk and ask for comments
15:31:47 [kasei]
regarding "at risk", it's not in the doc right now, and I'm the only one who brought up the issue.
15:33:08 [AlexPassant]
kasei: no one has brought the issue yet
15:33:42 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: reviewers for protocol
15:33:55 [LeeF]
We need at least 2 reviewers.
15:33:57 [cbuilara]
I can review
15:34:09 [AlexPassant]
... AndyS agreed
15:34:19 [AlexPassant]
... cbuilara agreed
15:34:29 [AlexPassant]
... next document : service description
15:34:48 [AlexPassant]
kasei: most issues taken into account
15:34:52 [AlexPassant]
... few editorial issues remaining
15:35:03 [AlexPassant]
... aligning links between service description and protocol document
15:35:46 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: closed to be reviewed
15:35:58 [AlexPassant]
... LeeF volunteer. needs another one
15:36:31 [NicoM]
ok
15:36:47 [AlexPassant]
... NicoM agreed
15:37:33 [AlexPassant]
kasei: reviews could start soon
15:37:52 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Lee to review SD documents for LC
15:37:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-355 - Review SD documents for LC [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
15:37:57 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Nico to review SD documents for LC
15:37:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-356 - Review SD documents for LC [on Nico Michaelis - due 2011-01-18].
15:38:13 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:38:14 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:38:19 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
15:38:19 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
15:38:45 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010OctDec/0529.html
15:39:02 [Zakim]
+Phil
15:39:04 [bglimm]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:39:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see cbuilara, AxelPolleres, kasei, LeeF, MattPerry, Sandro, chimezie, NickH, AndyS, NicoM, bglimm (muted), Phil
15:39:49 [AxelPolleres]
Steve, Andy, SteveH agreed a solution
15:40:02 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant
15:40:40 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/63
15:41:09 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph
15:41:20 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: default graphs in update
15:41:39 [AlexPassant]
chimezie: query component with ?default
15:41:44 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:41:50 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P30 is me
15:41:50 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
15:41:50 [AlexPassant]
... understood that operation applies to the default graph context
15:41:53 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:41:53 [Zakim]
bglimm was already muted, bglimm
15:41:57 [AndyS]
seconded
15:41:59 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:42:05 [kasei]
q-
15:42:12 [SteveH]
+1
15:42:15 [chimezie]
+1
15:42:35 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph
15:42:44 [AxelPolleres]
close ISSUE-63
15:42:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-63 Handling of default graph in HTTP update protocol closed
15:42:57 [AndyS]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:43:05 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is speaking?
15:43:08 [Zakim]
AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Phil (5%), bglimm.a (51%)
15:43:18 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Phil (5%), AxelPolleres (19%), bglimm.a (57%)
15:43:18 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, mute bglimm.a
15:43:20 [Zakim]
bglimm.a should now be muted
15:43:23 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:43:23 [Zakim]
bglimm was already muted, bglimm
15:43:32 [Zakim]
-bglimm
15:43:36 [bglimm]
I am now bglimm and bglimm.a :-(
15:43:38 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: next one on the title of the document
15:43:48 [AxelPolleres]
Thoughts on Dave Beckett's comments re: name? (search for "uniform" in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2010Dec/0001.html)
15:43:53 [bglimm]
Zakim, bglimm.a is bglimm
15:43:53 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
15:43:54 [AlexPassant]
... based on Dave Beckett comment
15:43:59 [AlexPassant]
chimezie: David gave one
15:44:03 [AlexPassant]
... agreed to make it shorter
15:44:17 [AlexPassant]
... suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 RDF graph management protocol"
15:44:24 [AndyS]
The word "management" is also a bit odd to me. "management" does not associate with GET to me.
15:44:33 [LeeF]
SPARQL 1.1 Basically RESTful But Maybe Not Strictly RESTful HTTP Protocol
15:44:36 [AlexPassant]
... concrete suggestion would be "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol for managing RDF (graphs)"
15:44:46 [AndyS]
SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph protocol.
15:45:10 [AlexPassant]
SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol
15:45:42 [SteveH]
PARQL 1.1 HTTP graph protocol
15:45:45 [LeeF]
What about removing "SPARQL 1.1" from the name?
15:45:49 [AxelPolleres]
SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph management protocol
15:45:56 [chimezie]
my suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP Graph Management Protocol"
15:45:57 [AndyS]
+1 to SteveH
15:45:57 [kasei]
SteveH, haha
15:46:04 [SteveH]
you don't need RESTful, and protocol
15:46:39 [SteveH]
...but it's not clear without
15:46:56 [AxelPolleres]
RDF graph management protocol
15:47:20 [SteveH]
SPARQL is kind of a brand
15:47:28 [SteveH]
helps users know what to expect
15:47:48 [AndyS]
And spec uses SPARQL Update for defn.
15:47:48 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Chime to collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC
15:47:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-357 - Collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2011-01-18].
15:48:23 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
15:48:32 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: next document : entailement regime
15:48:36 [AlexPassant]
... no issues recorded
15:48:41 [AxelPolleres]
Birte?
15:48:42 [bglimm]
yes
15:48:46 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
15:48:46 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
15:49:13 [AlexPassant]
bglimm: document can be reviewed
15:49:25 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:49:25 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
15:49:27 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: reviewers for the HTTP protocol document
15:49:49 [AlexPassant]
... AndyS already agreed
15:49:56 [NickH]
I am a bit short of time
15:49:59 [NickH]
but I will try
15:50:03 [SteveH]
I can do it, probably
15:50:06 [AlexPassant]
... NickH agreed
15:50:06 [AndyS]
q+ to ask about when reviewing can start (all docs)
15:50:11 [AlexPassant]
... SteveH agreed
15:50:34 [LeeF]
when the editors say "go"
15:51:00 [AlexPassant]
... want to start reviews as soon as docs are ready
15:51:37 [bglimm]
Yes
15:52:13 [LeeF]
I will ask Kendall.
15:52:22 [bglimm]
+1
15:52:27 [AlexPassant]
... volunteer for entailement ?
15:52:37 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: leeF to ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc
15:52:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-358 - Ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
15:53:31 [MattPerry]
I can ask around for another team member here at Oracle
15:53:45 [MattPerry]
ok
15:54:02 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Matt to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc
15:54:02 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Matt
15:54:56 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Matthew to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc
15:54:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-359 - Find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc [on Matthew Perry - due 2011-01-18].
15:57:12 [AxelPolleres]
next document: federated query
15:57:30 [AlexPassant]
... issues will be summarised by email
15:57:45 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Carlos to summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail
15:57:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-360 - Summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-01-18].
15:58:59 [AlexPassant]
kasei: put a call for comments and no response
15:59:02 [AlexPassant]
... so probably good
15:59:16 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: reviewing should be eary
16:00:06 [Zakim]
-LeeF
16:00:36 [SteveH]
bye
16:00:38 [AlexPassant]
bye
16:00:39 [MattPerry]
bye
16:00:39 [Zakim]
-chimezie
16:00:39 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
16:00:40 [bglimm]
bye
16:00:41 [cbuilara]
bye
16:00:41 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:00:42 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:00:43 [NicoM]
bye
16:00:44 [Zakim]
-NickH
16:00:45 [Zakim]
-bglimm
16:00:46 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
16:00:47 [Zakim]
-kasei
16:00:50 [Zakim]
-AndyS
16:01:05 [AlexPassant]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:01:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html AlexPassant
16:01:31 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
16:02:20 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
16:03:15 [SteveH]
AndyS, where did you get application/ from? I don't see it anywhere in docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml
16:03:23 [AlexPassant]
AxelPolleres: can you remind me how I move the minutes to http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Chatlog_2011-01-11 ?
16:03:29 [AxelPolleres]
summary: as for reviews, all reviews should cover substantive issues, structure, and editorial issues
16:03:51 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim , make records public
16:04:12 [AxelPolleres]
Alex, go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/
16:04:28 [AndyS]
Ah - it's application/ in the results doc.
16:04:31 [SteveH]
AndyS, ah, it's in http-rdf-update
16:04:34 [AxelPolleres]
... control panel ... all quite self-explanatory
16:04:42 [AxelPolleres]
... HTH
16:04:46 [AndyS]
I don't mind much but I understood that text/ was hard to register.
16:05:00 [AxelPolleres]
alex, ping me if trouble thanks for scribing
16:05:00 [SteveH]
could be, not really my area
16:05:03 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
16:05:15 [SteveH]
but I was under the impression that text/ should be used for anything human readable
16:05:19 [SteveH]
will mail the list
16:05:43 [Zakim]
-NicoM
16:05:44 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
16:05:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were bglimm, SteveH, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, kasei, +49.911.973.4.aaaa, NicoM, LeeF, +1.603.897.aabb, MattPerry, Sandro, chimezie, AlexPassant, NickH, Phil
16:06:00 [AndyS]
Minor - point of ref: It's "application/json" (formally)
16:06:08 [SteveH]
AndyS, hm, it's application/sparql-results+xml, which would be correct
16:06:11 [kasei]
doesn't text/ come with a close tie to being ascii? i didn't think text/ media types could default to utf encodings.
16:06:24 [SteveH]
text/turtle does
16:06:27 [AndyS]
kasei, good point
16:06:33 [AndyS]
text/turtle is not registered.
16:06:35 [kasei]
i didn't think text/turtle was official
16:06:39 [SteveH]
not yet, no
16:07:30 [AndyS]
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/
16:07:36 [SteveH]
it's application/x-turtle, pending registration
16:07:57 [AndyS]
That is nowadyas bad style. Hard to switch to non x- form.
16:08:21 [AndyS]
c.f. x-www-form-urlencoded
16:08:22 [SteveH]
yes, that's why they recomment text/turtle
16:09:40 [SteveH]
several of the types in http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/ allow UTF-8
16:10:38 [AndyS]
text/xml is whatever charset the XML is.
16:11:05 [AndyS]
do they allow a default of UTF-8?
16:11:09 [kasei]
right. i thought the issue was that it couldn't *default* to utf8.
16:11:18 [SteveH]
no idea
16:11:27 [AlexPassant]
who was the Phil that was online ?
16:11:38 [SteveH]
CSV says it can be any type defined by IANA for use in the "text" tree, but doesn't give a default
16:11:41 [AlexPassant]
the chatlog script cannot find him
16:12:45 [kasei]
AlexPassant, I think Phil might have been SteveH rejoining the call.
16:13:01 [SteveH]
ah, could be, but only if Zakim was really confused
16:13:21 [kasei]
I don't see you as ever rejoining, but Phil comes on right after you drop off...
16:13:54 [kasei]
and then you say you're already back on the call...
16:14:48 [SteveH]
makes sense
16:15:03 [AndyS]
I think that is the issue - charset of "text/turtle" (no charset) might default to ascii.
16:15:40 [AndyS]
yes - RFC 2046 seems to be cover all text/ and dft is ascii (mentioned in text/html RFC).
16:17:51 [AndyS]
sec 4.1.2 -- dft can only be a subset of text/plain defn. (on a quick read)
18:16:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
18:18:10 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
20:18:01 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
20:26:57 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql