IRC log of au on 2011-01-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:51:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
20:51:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/10-au-irc
20:51:56 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
20:51:56 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 51 minutes ago
20:52:01 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
20:52:24 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JanMar/0009.html
20:52:29 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:52:34 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
20:59:12 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:59:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:00:42 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
21:01:09 [Jan]
zakim, code?
21:01:09 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), Jan
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+??P17
21:01:40 [Jan]
zakim, ??P17 is really Jan
21:01:40 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
21:02:10 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Cherie
21:02:10 [Zakim]
+Cherie; got it
21:02:22 [Zakim]
+Greg
21:02:23 [Zakim]
+??P11
21:02:50 [Jan]
zakim, ??11 is really Alastair
21:02:50 [Zakim]
sorry, Jan, I do not recognize a party named '??11'
21:04:20 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has joined #au
21:04:48 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:05:05 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
21:05:05 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
21:05:57 [Jan]
Chair: Jan Richards
21:06:18 [Jan]
Scribe: Alastair
21:06:26 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JanMar/0009.html
21:06:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.561.582.aaaa
21:06:34 [Zakim]
+ht
21:06:48 [Jan]
survey http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110103/results
21:06:58 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Sueann
21:06:58 [Zakim]
+Sueann; got it
21:07:06 [Jan]
zakim ht is really Andrew
21:07:10 [Jan]
zakim, ht is really Andrew
21:07:10 [Zakim]
+Andrew; got it
21:07:40 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110103/results#xq2
21:07:46 [Jan]
Topic: break-up A.2.1.1 Alternative Content
21:11:43 [alastairc]
"pre-existing" not needed in this case, as per Jutta's comment.
21:14:35 [Jan]
(b) user agent option: the author has the option to have the content being edited *previewed* in a *user agent* that is able to render the alternatives for the time-based content.
21:15:36 [Jan]
A.2.1.1 Text Alternatives for Rendered Non-Text Content: If an *editing-view* *renders* *non-text content* with *programmatically associated* *text alternatives*, then the text alternatives can be *programmatically determined*. (Level A)
21:16:29 [Jan]
A.2.1.X Alternatives for Rendered Time-Based Media: If an *editing-view* *renders* time-based media, then at least one of the following is true: (Level A)
21:16:31 [Jan]
(a) alternatives rendered: alternatives for the time-based content are also rendered; or
21:16:33 [Jan]
(b) user agent option: the author has the option to have the content being edited *previewed* in a *user agent* that is able to render the alternatives for the time-based content.
21:16:34 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:17:19 [Jan]
(b) the author has the option to *preview* the time-based content in a *user agent* that is able to render the alternatives.
21:18:01 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110103/results#xq2
21:19:09 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept the new wording of A2.1.1 and A.2.1.X here.
21:19:27 [Jan]
Topic: B.1.1.2 (NEW) Content Auto-Generation During Authoring Sessions (WCAG)
21:19:33 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110103/results#xq3
21:21:22 [Zakim]
-Andrew
21:23:20 [Zakim]
+??P25
21:27:25 [alastairc]
Discussion on whether options A to D need to be at different levels (A/AA/AAA)
21:32:52 [alastairc]
Discussion on how far ATAG would affect a supply chain.
21:36:20 [Jan]
Topic: A.2.2.2 Access to Text Presentation (Minimum)
21:36:31 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110103/results#xq4
21:37:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:37:27 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jutta
21:37:27 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
21:44:43 [alastairc]
Jan and Alex will discuss definition of authoring tool outside of the call.
21:46:09 [Jan]
Action JR: to create nerw proposal from A222 A223 and sueanns' comment " that can be communicated by the supported platform accessibility service(s)",
21:46:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-317 - Create nerw proposal from A222 A223 and sueanns' comment " that can be communicated by the supported platform accessibility service(s)", [on Jan Richards - due 2011-01-17].
21:46:21 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.5.1 Text Search
21:46:31 [Jan]
A.3.5.1 Text Search
21:46:55 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept Proposed A.3.5.1 Text Search
21:47:14 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JanMar/0009.html
21:47:25 [Jan]
Topic: Expanding ATAG2 table of contents to the Guideline Level
21:47:31 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20110105/
21:48:18 [Jan]
UAAG 2.0 is doing it
21:49:00 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree to Expanding ATAG2 table of contents to the Guideline Level
21:50:42 [Jan]
Topic: Removing "@@Note: As per Success Criterion A.3.6.1, authors' display settings must still be independent of the web content being edited."
21:50:59 [Jan]
Resoltion: Remove "@@Note: As per Success Criterion A.3.6.1, authors' display settings must still be independent of the web content being edited."
21:51:20 [Jan]
Topic: Reworded handle: A.3.6.5 @@Assistance with Preferences:
21:52:21 [Jan]
Resolution:All accept @@Assistance with Preferences
21:52:44 [Jan]
Topic: Rewording in B.2.3.2 Conditions on Automated Suggestions: During the authoring session, the authoring tool @@may only automatically suggest programmatically associated text alternatives for non-text content under the following conditions: (Level A)
21:55:13 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept new wording B.2.3.2 Conditions on Automated Suggestions: During the authoring session, the authoring tool @@may only automatically suggest programmatically associated text alternatives for non-text content under the following conditions:
21:55:27 [Jan]
Topic: Rewording in B.2.3.3 Let User Agents Repair: @@The authoring tool avoids repairing programmatically associated text alternatives for non-text content using any text value that would also be available to user agents
21:57:58 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:58:18 [Zakim]
-Alex
21:58:20 [Zakim]
-??P11
21:58:21 [Zakim]
-Jutta
21:58:22 [Zakim]
-Sueann
21:58:22 [Zakim]
-Cherie
21:58:24 [Zakim]
-Jan
21:58:27 [Zakim]
-??P25
21:58:30 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
21:58:47 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
21:58:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/10-au-minutes.html Jan
21:58:52 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
21:58:56 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
21:58:56 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Jeanne, Jan, Cherie, Greg, Alex, +1.561.582.aaaa, Sueann, Andrew, Tim_Boland, Jutta
21:58:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
21:58:59 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has left #au
21:59:01 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
21:59:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/10-au-actions.rdf :
21:59:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to to create nerw proposal from A222 A223 and sueanns' comment " that can be communicated by the supported platform accessibility service(s)", [1]
21:59:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/10-au-irc#T21-46-09