IRC log of ua on 2011-01-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:22:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
17:22:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-irc
17:22:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:22:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
17:22:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
17:22:07 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 38 minutes
17:22:08 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
17:22:08 [trackbot]
Date: 06 January 2011
17:25:00 [JAllan]
regrets: simonH, gregL
17:25:38 [JAllan]
Agenda+ Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference)
17:25:39 [JAllan]
Agenda+ Survey items
17:25:41 [JAllan]
Agenda+ Action item review (deadlines to in sue)
17:32:52 [JAllan]
agenda+ Education outreach - update UAAG materials
17:37:25 [JAllan]
agenda+ testing requirements for test suite
17:41:32 [JAllan]
agenda+ GL 2.9.11 and 1.4.1 conflict
17:42:58 [JAllan]
agenda+ ACTION-480 - Rewrite 3.3.2 document accessibility features, to mirror ATAG20, include Simon Definition in the intent http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0101.html
17:43:23 [JAllan]
agenda+ ACTION-481 - Rewrite 3.3.4 to remove 'benefit accessibility' http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0102.html
17:56:10 [JAllan]
zakim, close item 5
17:56:10 [Zakim]
agendum 5, testing requirements for test suite, closed
17:56:11 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:56:13 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
17:59:29 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
18:01:35 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
18:01:42 [Zakim]
+Jim_Allan
18:02:54 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
18:03:05 [kford]
is the phone working for folks?
18:03:06 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
18:03:33 [JAllan]
phone is working for me and jeanne
18:04:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
18:04:44 [kford]
zakim, microsoft is kford
18:04:44 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
18:05:47 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
18:06:39 [Zakim]
+KimPatch
18:08:20 [Jan]
Jan has joined #ua
18:08:45 [Jan]
zakim, code?
18:08:45 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), Jan
18:09:10 [Zakim]
+??P13
18:09:30 [Jan]
zakim, ??P13 is really Jan
18:09:30 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
18:12:04 [JAllan]
zakim, agenda?
18:12:04 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
18:12:05 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
18:12:08 [Zakim]
2. Survey items [from JAllan]
18:12:10 [Zakim]
3. Action item review (deadlines to in sue) [from JAllan]
18:12:13 [Zakim]
4. Education outreach - update UAAG materials [from JAllan]
18:12:16 [Zakim]
6. GL 2.9.11 and 1.4.1 conflict [from JAllan]
18:12:18 [Zakim]
7. ACTION-480 - Rewrite 3.3.2 document accessibility features, to mirror ATAG20, include Simon Definition in the intent
18:12:22 [Zakim]
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0101.html [from JAllan]
18:12:24 [Zakim]
8. ACTION-481 - Rewrite 3.3.4 to remove 'benefit accessibility' http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0102.html [from JAllan]
18:12:28 [kford]
Scribe: kford
18:12:43 [kford]
zakim, close item 2
18:12:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Survey items, closed
18:12:45 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:12:47 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
18:12:56 [kford]
zakim, close item 3
18:12:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Action item review (deadlines to in sue), closed
18:12:57 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:12:59 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
18:13:07 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
18:13:07 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference)" taken up [from JAllan]
18:13:42 [kford]
JA: Jeanne you seem to be our driver for last call. Do you have a sense?
18:14:19 [kford]
JA: We have a document ready to go, just waiting for logistics to be resolved. Publish on 1/25 with six weeks for comments.
18:14:35 [kford]
JS: Six week comments take us to CSUN.
18:15:08 [kford]
JS: What do you all think?
18:15:23 [kford]
KP: Writing implementation has occasionally changed guidelines.
18:16:01 [kford]
JR: Have we completed our internal review?
18:16:15 [kford]
JA: We were part way done when we left for the break.
18:16:35 [JAllan]
action: Jim to create list of what is done, what needs to be done
18:16:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-482 - Create list of what is done, what needs to be done [on Jim Allan - due 2011-01-13].
18:17:16 [kford]
JS: We could look at last call in May.
18:17:34 [kford]
JA: Seems doable.
18:18:14 [kford]
JA: Do we want to go have a meeting at CSUN?
18:20:26 [kford]
Group talks about who will/won't attend CSUN.
18:22:26 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to create a survey to ask about a F2F meeting.
18:22:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-483 - Create a survey to ask about a F2F meeting. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2011-01-13].
18:22:46 [Zakim]
-kford
18:23:14 [JAllan]
zakim, agenda?
18:23:14 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
18:23:16 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
18:23:19 [Zakim]
4. Education outreach - update UAAG materials [from JAllan]
18:23:21 [Zakim]
6. GL 2.9.11 and 1.4.1 conflict [from JAllan]
18:23:23 [Zakim]
7. ACTION-480 - Rewrite 3.3.2 document accessibility features, to mirror ATAG20, include Simon Definition in the intent
18:23:27 [Zakim]
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0101.html [from JAllan]
18:23:28 [Zakim]
8. ACTION-481 - Rewrite 3.3.4 to remove 'benefit accessibility' http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010OctDec/0102.html [from JAllan]
18:23:52 [JAllan]
zakim, open item 4
18:23:52 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Education outreach - update UAAG materials" taken up [from JAllan]
18:24:42 [JAllan]
js: w3 site has generic pages about browsers that need to be written.
18:25:30 [JAllan]
... tomorrow, EO meeting to have brainstorming session about content
18:26:00 [JAllan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2011JanMar/0001.html
18:28:29 [JAllan]
KP may attend
18:29:17 [JAllan]
jim will try to not draw a blank and send something to jeanne
18:30:08 [JAllan]
zakim, close item 4
18:30:08 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Education outreach - update UAAG materials, closed
18:30:09 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:30:11 [Zakim]
1. Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference) [from JAllan]
18:30:16 [JAllan]
zakim, close item 1
18:30:16 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Goals for the New Year (possible F2F and/or video conference), closed
18:30:18 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:30:20 [Zakim]
6. GL 2.9.11 and 1.4.1 conflict [from JAllan]
18:30:36 [Zakim]
-Jan
18:30:38 [Zakim]
-KimPatch
18:31:05 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
18:31:07 [Zakim]
-Jim_Allan
18:31:07 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
18:31:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jim_Allan, Jeanne, kford, KimPatch, Jan
18:31:42 [JAllan]
meeting ended early, not enough attendees
18:33:55 [JAllan]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:33:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-minutes.html JAllan
18:34:07 [JAllan]
zakim, please part
18:34:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
18:34:33 [JAllan]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:34:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-minutes.html JAllan
18:36:25 [JAllan]
present+ JAllan, KPatch, JRichards, JSpellman, KFord
18:36:35 [JAllan]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:36:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-minutes.html JAllan
18:36:45 [JAllan]
rrsagent, please part
18:36:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-actions.rdf :
18:36:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jim to create list of what is done, what needs to be done [1]
18:36:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-irc#T18-16-35
18:36:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to create a survey to ask about a F2F meeting. [2]
18:36:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-ua-irc#T18-22-26