IRC log of lld on 2011-01-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:47:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
14:47:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-irc
14:47:33 [TomB]
rrsagent, bookmark
14:47:33 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-irc#T14-47-33
14:47:44 [TomB]
zakim, this will be lld
14:47:44 [Zakim]
ok, TomB; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
14:47:52 [TomB]
Meeting: LLD XG
14:47:56 [TomB]
Chair: Antoine
14:49:13 [TomB]
Regrets: WilliamW, EdSu, MichaelP
14:49:36 [TomB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jan/0005.html
14:50:06 [TomB]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html
14:51:45 [antoine]
antoine has joined #lld
14:53:22 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:53:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:53:29 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
14:54:33 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
14:54:33 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-irc#T14-54-33
14:54:52 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
14:54:52 [Zakim]
ok, antoine; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:55:02 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
14:55:10 [antoine]
Chair: Antoine
14:55:36 [TomB]
antoine - already set up :-)
14:56:28 [emma]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:56:30 [TomB]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:56:58 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
14:57:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:57:33 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:57:33 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
14:57:41 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:57:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.764.aaaa
14:58:07 [antoine]
zakim, aaaa is jeff_
14:58:07 [Zakim]
+jeff_; got it
14:58:15 [antoine]
zakim, ??P13 is TomB
14:58:15 [Zakim]
+TomB; got it
14:58:24 [GordonD]
GordonD has joined #lld
14:58:34 [AnetteS]
AnetteS has joined #lld
14:58:38 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:58:38 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:59:03 [markva]
markva has joined #lld
14:59:07 [Zakim]
+emma
14:59:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:59:33 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller
14:59:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'IPcaller', antoine
14:59:57 [AlexanderH]
AlexanderH has joined #lld
15:00:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
15:00:03 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is Uldis
15:00:03 [Zakim]
+Uldis; got it
15:00:15 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller.a is GordonD
15:00:15 [Zakim]
+GordonD; got it
15:00:25 [kosuke]
kosuke has joined #lld
15:00:30 [Zakim]
+markva
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:43 [uldis]
uldis has joined #lld
15:00:51 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller isAlexanderH
15:00:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'IPcaller isAlexanderH', antoine
15:00:52 [markva]
zakim, mute me
15:00:52 [Zakim]
markva should now be muted
15:00:59 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is AlexanderH
15:01:00 [Zakim]
+AlexanderH; got it
15:01:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-minutes.html TomB
15:01:15 [jodi]
jodi has joined #LLD
15:01:16 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, TomB, jeff_ (muted), emma, Uldis, GordonD, markva (muted), AlexanderH
15:01:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jodi, uldis, kosuke, AlexanderH, markva, AnetteS, GordonD, kcoyle, antoine, RRSAgent, Zakim, TomB, Asaf, emma, jeff_, danbri, digikim, edsu
15:01:22 [Zakim]
+rsinger
15:01:32 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #lld
15:01:46 [rsinger]
rsinger has joined #lld
15:01:53 [rayd]
rayd has joined #lld
15:01:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.763.463.aabb
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +49.221.400.7.aacc
15:02:13 [jodi]
zakim, aabb is Jodi
15:02:14 [antoine]
zakim, aacc is AnetteS
15:02:28 [AnetteS]
zakim, please mute me
15:02:31 [Zakim]
+Jodi; got it
15:02:32 [Marcia]
Marcia has joined #lld
15:02:35 [Zakim]
+AnetteS; got it
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+??P26
15:02:47 [Zakim]
AnetteS should now be muted
15:02:56 [antoine]
zakim, ??P26 is kcoyle
15:03:05 [Zakim]
+??P41
15:03:07 [GordonD]
Zakim, please mute me
15:03:13 [antoine]
zakim, ??P41 is fsasaki
15:03:14 [Zakim]
+kcoyle; got it
15:03:31 [Zakim]
GordonD should now be muted
15:03:33 [jneubert]
jneubert has joined #lld
15:03:37 [Zakim]
+fsasaki; got it
15:03:39 [Zakim]
+marcia
15:03:49 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:03:55 [antoine]
zakim, LC is rayd
15:03:55 [Zakim]
+rayd; got it
15:04:05 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, TomB, jeff_ (muted), emma, Uldis, GordonD (muted), markva (muted), AlexanderH, rsinger, Jodi, AnetteS (muted), kcoyle, fsasaki (muted), marcia, rayd
15:04:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jneubert, Marcia, rayd, rsinger, fsasaki, jodi, uldis, kosuke, AlexanderH, markva, AnetteS, GordonD, kcoyle, antoine, RRSAgent, Zakim, TomB, Asaf, emma, jeff_, danbri,
15:04:11 [Zakim]
... digikim, edsu
15:04:30 [Zakim]
+Phil
15:04:44 [Marcia]
Zakim, please mute me
15:04:44 [Zakim]
marcia should now be muted
15:04:56 [antoine]
zakim, pick a victim
15:04:56 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose kcoyle
15:05:04 [kcoyle]
i scribed last time
15:05:32 [rsinger]
uh, sure
15:05:39 [rsinger]
but i'll, like last time, need help
15:06:14 [kefo]
kefo has joined #lld
15:06:19 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:06:24 [kefo]
zakim, LC is me
15:06:24 [Zakim]
+kefo; got it
15:06:26 [Zakim]
+??P51
15:06:37 [Asaf]
Zakim, ??P51 is me
15:06:37 [Zakim]
+Asaf; got it
15:06:43 [kefo]
zakim, mute me
15:06:43 [Zakim]
kefo should now be muted
15:06:53 [rsinger]
TOPIC: Admin
15:07:09 [rsinger]
Accept minutes of previous meeting?
15:07:14 [rsinger]
Accepted
15:07:29 [antoine]
RESOLVED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html
15:07:34 [rsinger]
thanks :)
15:07:39 [rsinger]
was looking for that
15:08:06 [rsinger]
TOPIC: DRAFT OUTLINE FOR FINAL REPORT
15:08:17 [rsinger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline
15:08:35 [markva]
zakim, unmute me
15:08:35 [Zakim]
markva should no longer be muted
15:08:42 [antoine]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jan/0014.html
15:09:19 [rsinger]
added to the wiki page
15:09:26 [rsinger]
three subsections, one for each term
15:09:38 [rsinger]
short explanations and examples for similar terms, confusions
15:09:52 [rsinger]
:)
15:10:04 [emma]
q+ about attributes vs properties
15:10:05 [rsinger]
markva: can people look over and see if it's clear?
15:10:15 [markva]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained#Vocabularies.2C_Element_sets.2C_Datasets
15:10:16 [antoine]
zakim, ack emma
15:10:16 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:10:35 [rsinger]
emma: q about definitions, attributes or elements
15:11:03 [rsinger]
emma: why use attributes rather than property to describe the metadata?
15:11:14 [rsinger]
markva: i thought we have agreed on term "element"
15:11:16 [TomB]
Mark: "A metadata element set defines classes of entities and attributes (elements) of entities."
15:11:28 [rsinger]
markva: property too RDF-centric
15:11:39 [rsinger]
emma: questioning the term "attribute"
15:11:44 [kcoyle]
i like attribute
15:11:53 [rsinger]
markva: using it as synonym - if confusing it can be deleted
15:11:57 [TomB]
+1 "attributes" introduces new possibilities for confusion
15:12:02 [rsinger]
emma: not relation oriented
15:12:21 [rsinger]
emma: attributes are more like literals, then there are relationships - between two entities
15:12:51 [rsinger]
markva: either delete word "attribute" or add attributes and relations
15:12:58 [TomB]
q+ to suggest that people may think of XML attributes
15:13:02 [rsinger]
emma: add attributes or relations
15:13:09 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
15:13:09 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to suggest that people may think of XML attributes
15:13:10 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:13:21 [rsinger]
TomB: see some possibility of confusion with XML attributes, etc.
15:13:28 [Marcia]
'attributes' are used in various library museum metadata sets/schemas
15:13:37 [kcoyle]
unfortunately, attribute is what is used in frbr
15:13:49 [TomB]
kcoyle, good point
15:13:58 [rsinger]
antoine: is everyone happy with this proposal for markva? any objection?
15:13:59 [kcoyle]
no objection
15:14:00 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:14:03 [rsinger]
__SILENCE__
15:14:05 [TomB]
can live with "attribute"...
15:14:17 [GordonD]
Keep the quote marks around attribute, etc. to warn of ambiguity between different communities.
15:14:35 [TomB]
+1 to Gordon's suggestion
15:14:54 [rsinger]
ACTION: Mark to add these definitions to the wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action01]
15:14:55 [rsinger]
--done
15:15:46 [markva]
zakim, mute me
15:15:46 [Zakim]
markva should now be muted
15:15:47 [antoine]
Karen's mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Dec/0086.html
15:15:59 [rsinger]
"Karen's feedback http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Dec/0086.html"
15:16:18 [rsinger]
kcoyle: took various things mentioned in the use cases and put them in a list
15:16:28 [rsinger]
kcoyle: separated them out into proper categories
15:16:37 [rsinger]
kcoyle: gave some interesting examples
15:16:56 [rsinger]
kcoyle: VIAF - is that a dataset? or vocabulary?
15:17:00 [jeff_]
q+
15:17:20 [rsinger]
emma: tab completion is WAY faster :)
15:17:33 [markva]
q+
15:17:49 [markva]
zakim, unmute me
15:17:49 [Zakim]
markva should no longer be muted
15:17:53 [antoine]
zakim, ack jeff_
15:17:53 [Zakim]
unmuting jeff_
15:17:54 [Zakim]
I see markva on the speaker queue
15:18:21 [rsinger]
jeff_: i don't think VIAF is a vocabulary -- it's an ontology, but that's not it's purpose
15:18:40 [rsinger]
... thing that makes uncomfortable with "data set" is that there's no bulk download
15:18:58 [rsinger]
... geonames, dbpedia are available for download - they are datasets
15:19:01 [jodi]
to me, a data set is not necessarily available in bulk
15:19:08 [antoine]
+1
15:19:10 [emma]
+1 jodi
15:19:12 [TomB]
q+
15:19:16 [Asaf]
+1 jodi
15:19:16 [antoine]
zakim, ack markva
15:19:16 [Zakim]
I see TomB on the speaker queue
15:19:25 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
15:19:25 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
15:19:33 [rsinger]
markva: looking at VIAF example, and I think it's a vocabulary
15:19:50 [rsinger]
... documented in confusions part in aforementioned section
15:19:58 [rsinger]
... ARGUE WITH ME ON THE INTERNETS
15:20:29 [rsinger]
... viaf lists authorities - authorities intended to be used in metadata records as values of the elements in the records
15:20:41 [rsinger]
... also has it's own set of metadata elements to describe authorities
15:20:54 [rsinger]
... but primarily intended to be used in other datasets
15:21:05 [jeff_]
I can believe VIAF is a value vocabulary in part
15:21:06 [kcoyle]
mark makes sense to me. i can see it either way, tho'
15:21:33 [rsinger]
... can see it either way, but would argue towards value vocabulary
15:21:44 [rsinger]
antoine: things could be both
15:21:51 [Marcia]
Authority files are value vocabularies. VIAF itself is a hub of them and provides more other things. If not consider it as an authority, it is a dataset.
15:22:06 [rsinger]
kcoyle: it's really a function of how you use it
15:22:10 [TomB]
MikaelN also made this point at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Dec/0023.html
15:22:22 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
15:22:22 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:23:09 [rsinger]
TomB: the important thing here is to distinguish functionality
15:23:12 [emma]
q+ to discuss the definition of value vocab
15:23:28 [antoine]
zakim, ack emma
15:23:28 [Zakim]
emma, you wanted to discuss the definition of value vocab
15:23:29 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:23:39 [rsinger]
emma: back to the definition of value vocbulary, we need to be more explicity
15:23:43 [rsinger]
s/y//
15:24:01 [rsinger]
... confusion around value term - literal? URI?
15:24:12 [rsinger]
... value could be a code, URI, literal, etc.
15:24:31 [rsinger]
... these value vocabularies are used in environments as a closed list
15:25:04 [Marcia]
always controlled (value voc.)
15:25:05 [rsinger]
... always pick from the data set -
15:25:11 [rsinger]
(btw, i agree with this)
15:25:56 [rsinger]
ACTION: Add definition of value vocabulary
15:26:37 [antoine]
s/Add definition of value vocabulary/Mark and Emmanuelle to clean definition of value vocabulary and use of attribute
15:27:01 [rsinger]
TOPIC: USE CASES AND CASE STUDIES
15:27:06 [rsinger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases - all use cases are linked here
15:28:00 [rsinger]
ACTION: Karen and Emma to curate archive cluster for end of December [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action02]
15:28:06 [rsinger]
emma: we are closed to finished
15:28:18 [rsinger]
... if you're happy with wording, we can delete top of page
15:28:25 [rsinger]
... just consider that we're done
15:28:37 [rsinger]
kcoyle: minor editiing, maybe, but that's it
15:28:45 [rsinger]
--continues
15:29:03 [rsinger]
ACTION: Mark, Jodi, and Asaf to curate digital objects cluster for end of December [recorded in
15:29:03 [rsinger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action04]
15:29:31 [rsinger]
markva: 1/3 away from cluster page
15:29:37 [Zakim]
-Phil
15:29:51 [rsinger]
--continues
15:29:52 [Zakim]
+ +49.4.aadd
15:30:03 [rsinger]
antoine: do you think you'll be finished soon?
15:30:14 [rsinger]
markva: won't be here next week, so next 2 weeks?
15:30:16 [Asaf]
I will be putting some more time into it in the coming two weeks
15:30:25 [Zakim]
-Felix
15:30:36 [TomB]
wonders if the Cluster pages should be linked to http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline ?
15:30:48 [emma]
+1 Tom
15:30:49 [Asaf]
TomB: our thoughts lead this way
15:31:06 [jneubert]
zakim, 49.4.aadd is me
15:31:06 [Zakim]
sorry, jneubert, I do not recognize a party named '49.4.aadd'
15:31:06 [Asaf]
we were thinking of proceeding with a view to filling the outline.
15:31:15 [rsinger]
TomB: we could link cluster pages to final report outline
15:31:18 [jneubert]
zakim, aadd is me
15:31:18 [Zakim]
+jneubert; got it
15:31:23 [markva]
zakim, mute me
15:31:23 [Zakim]
markva should now be muted
15:31:48 [rsinger]
ACTION: TomB to link cluster pages to http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline
15:32:01 [rsinger]
ACTION: Gordon and Martin to curate bibliographic data cluster for end of December [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action05]
15:32:04 [Zakim]
-fsasaki
15:32:38 [rsinger]
GordonD: still working on it - topic section still the main area to do. 1 or 2 weeks, max.
15:32:45 [rsinger]
--CONTINUES
15:32:53 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
15:32:53 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
15:32:56 [rsinger]
ACTION: Jeff and Alexander to curate authority data cluster for end of December [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action06]
15:33:16 [rsinger]
jeff_: still working on it - haven't talked about it, couple of weeks
15:33:29 [Zakim]
-Jodi
15:33:35 [rsinger]
jeff_: been using google docs to edit the content
15:33:51 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
15:33:51 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
15:33:54 [rsinger]
--continues
15:33:54 [jodi]
sorry, skype has been buggy for me recently
15:33:57 [rsinger]
ACTION: Antoine and Michael to curate vocabulary alignment cluster for end of December [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action07]
15:34:07 [rsinger]
antoine: quite late on this one, Marcia has joined us
15:34:22 [rsinger]
... together can make progress, hope for 1 or 2 weeks
15:34:22 [Zakim]
+Jodi
15:34:39 [rsinger]
--continues
15:35:10 [rsinger]
TOPIC: NEW CLUSTER(S)?
15:35:16 [rsinger]
-> See "Use case notes page" and "use case clustering" threads
15:35:16 [rsinger]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Dec/0064.html
15:35:16 [rsinger]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Dec/0071.html
15:36:04 [rsinger]
jodi: talked about having a cluster on collections or collection level description
15:36:29 [rsinger]
... final books in a collection, access description, library hours, etc.
15:36:50 [rsinger]
... nor sure if it's about collection building?
15:37:10 [rsinger]
... social cluster - uldis & jodi curating
15:37:14 [uldis]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Social_Uses
15:37:21 [rsinger]
... social and emergent information information
15:37:52 [rsinger]
... circulation data, lending materials to others
15:37:53 [uldis]
some ideas at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jan/0006.html
15:37:59 [rsinger]
... kindle (nook) lending
15:38:16 [uldis]
(and the thread starting at that email)
15:38:20 [rsinger]
... lend ebooks to one another, how did they find each other? what are the circumstances?
15:38:44 [rsinger]
... why "emergent" is relevant: whole realm of machine & computational uses, like relevance ranking
15:39:26 [rsinger]
... it's not only ubiquitous, but needs more attention
15:39:56 [rsinger]
... use cases are mainly focused on what people are already doing
15:40:30 [rsinger]
antoine: would you be happy with continuing discussion on mailing list?
15:40:32 [rsinger]
jodi: yes
15:40:55 [rsinger]
ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03]
15:41:00 [rsinger]
--continues
15:41:13 [kcoyle]
q+ to discuss cases of 'missing technology'
15:41:23 [GordonD]
I will curate the collections cluster
15:41:32 [jodi]
Gordan++
15:41:46 [Asaf]
cheers for Gordon!
15:41:56 [GordonD]
Co-curators welcome!
15:42:13 [rsinger]
ACTION: GordonD to curate social and emergent uses cluster
15:42:16 [rsinger]
is that right?
15:42:24 [GordonD]
No, it's the collections cluster
15:42:25 [rsinger]
rsinger--
15:42:28 [jodi]
There's still one use case that doesn't have a cluster. Has someone adopted this? http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NLL_Digitized_Map_Archive
15:42:38 [monica]
monica has joined #lld
15:42:40 [jodi]
I think maybe it's archives/heterogeneous material but maybe there's another
15:42:42 [rsinger]
ACTION: member:GordonD to curate collection cluster
15:43:23 [GordonD]
I assume I will have that support!
15:43:41 [emma]
for me, it's rather digital objects
15:44:05 [uldis]
perhaps it is relevant to both?
15:44:22 [emma]
I'll look at it again.
15:44:27 [markva]
is there an aspect of groups in it? then it belongs in DO
15:44:45 [kcoyle]
ok
15:44:48 [markva]
ok
15:45:11 [Asaf]
yes, I think it's in DO.
15:45:17 [rsinger]
ACTION: Curators of archives and digital archives cluster to take http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NLL_Digitized_Map_Archive
15:45:38 [TomB]
s/cluster/clusters/
15:45:45 [Zakim]
-jneubert
15:45:52 [rsinger]
ACTION: Monica and JISC colleagues to introduce and discuss JISC work on next call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action02]
15:45:56 [Marcia]
s/digital archives/digital objects/
15:46:19 [rsinger]
antoine: would we like owen to participate in future call?
15:46:20 [kcoyle]
i had a comment/question on clusters/final document
15:46:29 [rsinger]
... or are we happy with explanation?
15:46:31 [emma]
q?
15:46:36 [Asaf]
I'd love to hear more on JISC
15:47:05 [Asaf]
...but no one else would?
15:47:13 [TomB]
+1
15:47:16 [rsinger]
+1
15:47:34 [rsinger]
fair enough
15:47:37 [TomB]
ok
15:47:37 [Asaf]
I guess I can follow up offline, though.
15:47:42 [Zakim]
+ +44.194.346.aaee
15:47:50 [Asaf]
I don't think it makes sense to use up call time just for me.
15:48:08 [Zakim]
+jneubert
15:48:25 [jneubert]
zakim, mute me
15:48:25 [Zakim]
jneubert should now be muted
15:48:41 [GordonD]
+1 for existing explanation
15:48:42 [antoine]
+1
15:48:42 [kcoyle]
happy enough
15:48:45 [emma]
I'm happy with http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0119.html
15:48:55 [AnetteS]
+1
15:49:19 [rsinger]
no
15:49:22 [Asaf]
no, it's fine.
15:49:25 [TomB]
fine with me
15:49:45 [rsinger]
--done
15:49:53 [antoine]
ACTION: Monica and JISC colleagues to introduce and discuss JISC work on next call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action02]
15:49:55 [antoine]
--DONE
15:51:04 [TomB]
q+
15:51:15 [rsinger]
antoine: perhaps come back to it later rather than close it forever
15:51:53 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
15:51:53 [Zakim]
I see kcoyle on the speaker queue
15:52:23 [antoine]
zakim, ack kcoyle
15:52:23 [Zakim]
kcoyle, you wanted to discuss cases of 'missing technology'
15:52:25 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:52:40 [rsinger]
TOPIC: TOPICS
15:52:41 [rsinger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
15:52:58 [kcoyle]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Dec/0101.html
15:53:40 [jodi]
this is a key question: what is stopping people
15:53:46 [rsinger]
kcoyle: what are the missing technologies that preventing people from realizing their use cases
15:53:58 [rsinger]
... we haven't identified what is needed to move forward?
15:54:24 [emma]
we should add a section in use case cluster curation template
15:54:35 [TomB]
Karen:
15:54:36 [TomB]
[[
15:54:38 [TomB]
We don't seem to have identified in our use cases the problems that
15:54:39 [Marcia]
do you mean 'types of' technologies?
15:54:39 [TomB]
people are facing; what is holding them back; what is missing from the
15:54:41 [TomB]
available technology that would make LLD implementable. It seems that
15:54:42 [TomB]
this would be an important section in the report since it is from
15:54:44 [TomB]
these barriers that projects could be incubated.
15:54:46 [TomB]
]]
15:54:50 [markva]
do you have an example of barrier?
15:55:03 [emma]
q+
15:55:05 [rsinger]
kcoyle: what is missing to help you move forward with your use case?
15:55:39 [rsinger]
antoine: topics are mostly technology topics, when we come back, we can say how they were handled in various use cases
15:56:00 [rsinger]
kcoyle: there are probably examples of vocabs needed that don't exist yet
15:56:19 [rsinger]
... there isn't software that helps make relationships in a db environment
15:56:39 [rsinger]
... people making datasets available, but no library specific applications
15:56:48 [rsinger]
... gap analysis
15:57:01 [rsinger]
... we didn't ask people doing the use cases to do the gap analysis
15:57:07 [markva]
start separate wiki page for that?
15:57:28 [rsinger]
antoine: there was a section of the use case template for that - not many people used it
15:57:38 [antoine]
zakim, ack zakim
15:57:38 [Zakim]
I see emma on the speaker queue
15:57:40 [rsinger]
emma: there is a section for problems and limitations - not always relevant
15:57:44 [antoine]
zakim, ack emma
15:57:44 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:58:10 [rsinger]
... out of all the use cases, one of them might have a limitation that's general to many
15:58:31 [jodi]
I think this is a good idea: looking at all the problems + limitations out of what's already in the use cases
15:58:46 [GordonD]
+1 Emma's suggestion to curate problems/limitations from use cases and list discussions
15:58:46 [rsinger]
... education/training, architecture
15:58:58 [rsinger]
... we do have some material in the use cases
15:59:16 [rsinger]
kcoyle: since i'm the one bothered, i should go through and make a list
15:59:26 [markva]
+1 !
15:59:28 [rsinger]
antoine: could you do it for your own cluster?
15:59:47 [rsinger]
kcoyle: let me see if our cluster reveals problems
15:59:54 [GordonD]
+1
16:00:32 [rsinger]
ACTION: kcoyle to see if cluster reveals problems or limitations
16:01:11 [rsinger]
ACTION: GordonD and Antoine to study use cases that relate to vocabulary merging use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]
16:01:41 [GordonD]
+1
16:01:43 [rsinger]
--DROPPED
16:02:02 [rsinger]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
16:02:05 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
16:02:06 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
16:02:36 [Asaf]
I think at least a link to some sketch on this should make it into the report.
16:02:54 [rsinger]
--CONTINUES
16:03:18 [rsinger]
ACTION: Jeff to write one or two paragraphs on VIAF design discussions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06]
16:03:48 [rsinger]
--CONTINUES
16:04:00 [rsinger]
antoine: any other business?
16:04:03 [Zakim]
-AlexanderH
16:04:03 [rsinger]
__SILENCE__
16:04:19 [Asaf]
Cheers.
16:04:20 [Marcia]
bye
16:04:20 [Zakim]
-GordonD
16:04:21 [Zakim]
-rayd
16:04:23 [Zakim]
-Uldis
16:04:24 [AnetteS]
bye!
16:04:24 [Zakim]
-kcoyle
16:04:24 [Zakim]
-jeff_
16:04:24 [Zakim]
-Jodi
16:04:26 [Zakim]
-Asaf
16:04:27 [Zakim]
-kefo
16:04:32 [Zakim]
-monica
16:04:34 [antoine]
zakim, please list attendees
16:04:34 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been antoine, +1.614.764.aaaa, jeff_, TomB, emma, Uldis, GordonD, markva, AlexanderH, rsinger, +1.763.463.aabb, +49.221.400.7.aacc, Jodi,
16:04:34 [Marcia]
thanks, Ray
16:04:36 [emma]
rrsaegnt, please draft minutes
16:04:37 [Zakim]
... AnetteS, kcoyle, fsasaki, marcia, rayd, Phil, kefo, Asaf, Felix, +49.4.aadd, jneubert, +44.194.346.aaee, monica
16:04:40 [Zakim]
-jneubert
16:04:50 [jodi]
jodi has left #LLD
16:04:50 [Zakim]
-marcia
16:04:56 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:04:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-lld-minutes.html emma
16:04:58 [Zakim]
-markva
16:05:00 [Zakim]
-AnetteS
16:05:04 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:05:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, TomB, emma, rsinger
16:05:39 [emma]
have to leave early today, sorry
16:08:03 [emma]
bye
16:08:07 [Zakim]
-emma
16:11:11 [Zakim]
-rsinger
16:37:29 [Zakim]
-antoine
16:37:30 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
16:37:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were antoine, +1.614.764.aaaa, jeff_, TomB, emma, Uldis, GordonD, markva, AlexanderH, rsinger, +1.763.463.aabb, +49.221.400.7.aacc, Jodi, AnetteS, kcoyle, fsasaki,
16:37:35 [Zakim]
... marcia, rayd, Phil, kefo, Asaf, Felix, +49.4.aadd, jneubert, +44.194.346.aaee, monica
16:59:04 [ksclarke]
ksclarke has joined #lld
17:06:53 [ksclarke]
ksclarke has left #lld
18:20:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld