From Web Events Wiki
There is quite a lot of prior art and background work on the topics of touch-interface events and intentional/representational events. This page provides some of the background of the work on these topics.
- Touch Gesture Reference Guide; by Luke Wroblewski;
- Mozilla Touch Interfaces:
- JQuery Mobile Touch Events
- QuirksMode: Browser advisory paper - touch actions
- QuirksMode: Touch Table
- Touch events - MDC - documents Mozilla's experimental MozTouchDown/MozTouchMove/MozTouchUp DOM events.
- Touch and Gesture Events; email by Olli Pettay to www-dom on 17-June-2009
- discussion of differences between WebKit touch events and Gecko MozTouch events, including capture and multiplexing.
- Apple's TouchEvent Class Reference; Safari Developer Library
- Nokia Starlight Touch Documentation - documents WebKit touch events and proposed manipulate/transform events, including a specific mapping from low-level to high-level events implemented for Qt / WebKit on Windows 7.
- nsIDOMSimpleGestureEvent (Mozilla) - defines events for magnify, rotate, multi-finger tap, and swipe. (Some of these are high-level "representational" events; others are mid-level "gestural" events.)
- Intent Based Events; W3C's Forms WG
- User Interface Independence for Accessible Rich Internet Applications; by Apple's James Craig and Chris Fleizach
- Transform Action Event Interface; by Nokia's Ilkka Oksanen and Cathy Chan