IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-12-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:59:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:59:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc
09:59:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:59:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:59:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:59:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
09:59:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:59:10 [trackbot]
Date: 08 December 2010
10:00:13 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Dec/0010.html
10:01:30 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
10:03:14 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
10:03:21 [Zakim]
+Erik
10:03:52 [Zakim]
+Raphael
10:04:14 [raphael]
Regrets: Silvia
10:04:26 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:04:37 [raphael]
Present: Erik, Davy, Raphael, Yves, foolip (irc)
10:05:53 [raphael]
Chair: Erik, Raphael
10:06:18 [raphael]
Scribe: Davy
10:06:21 [raphael]
scribenick: davy
10:07:17 [davy]
TOPIC: ADMIN
10:07:27 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-mediafrag-minutes.html
10:07:34 [davy]
+1
10:07:37 [raphael]
+1
10:07:40 [Yves]
+1
10:07:44 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
10:07:46 [davy]
minutes accepted
10:07:57 [davy]
TOPIC: MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION
10:08:38 [davy]
raphael: action 199 and 200 will be finished today
10:08:54 [davy]
.. related to issue-19
10:09:43 [davy]
.. mail will be sent out today
10:09:55 [davy]
Action-191?
10:09:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-191 -- Yves Lafon to update the production rules of the time dimension with the npt format for making the hours optional -- due 2010-11-08 -- OPEN
10:09:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/191
10:10:24 [davy]
Yves: did the code, I'm working on the spec right now
10:11:20 [davy_]
davy_ has joined #mediafrag
10:11:44 [davy_]
TOPIC: HTML5 BUG
10:11:48 [raphael]
ACTION-202?
10:11:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-202 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to draft the paragraph that the group will propose to HTML5 regarding how the control of media fragment URI should be done -- due 2010-12-01 -- OPEN
10:11:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/202
10:12:10 [raphael]
See text at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Dec/0009.html
10:12:37 [raphael]
Raphael: do you have comments on this text?
10:13:42 [raphael]
... my only comment is whether we should further detail how temporal media fragments can work, with our without server help
10:13:46 [raphael]
.. depending on the container format
10:14:00 [raphael]
... should we go into this level of details
10:16:06 [davy_]
raphael: when no controls are specified in <video>
10:16:16 [davy_]
... the rendering is like the ?-approach
10:18:17 [davy_]
raphael: is the text of silvia sufficient?
10:18:28 [davy_]
... and reopen the bug with this text
10:18:42 [davy_]
Yves: nothing against it
10:19:27 [davy_]
close action-202
10:19:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-202 Draft the paragraph that the group will propose to HTML5 regarding how the control of media fragment URI should be done closed
10:20:08 [davy_]
action: silvia to send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist
10:20:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-205 - Send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-12-15].
10:20:32 [raphael]
Raphael: both whatwh and w3c mailing lists
10:20:32 [davy_]
action: troncy to reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker
10:20:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-206 - Reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-12-15].
10:21:02 [davy_]
TOPIC: LC COMMENTS
10:21:19 [davy_]
raphael: action 196 will be done today
10:21:32 [davy_]
TOPIC: OPEN ISSUES
10:21:48 [davy_]
close action-191
10:21:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-191 Update the production rules of the time dimension with the npt format for making the hours optional closed
10:21:51 [raphael]
List of open issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
10:21:52 [Yves]
done
10:22:16 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/open
10:22:56 [davy_]
raphael: Issue-19 is taken care of
10:23:26 [davy_]
raphael: difference between issue-13 and 20?
10:24:59 [davy_]
no difference -> close issue 13
10:25:03 [davy_]
close ISSUE-13
10:25:03 [trackbot]
ISSUE-13 Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the fragment scheme for all media types closed
10:25:20 [davy_]
issue-18?
10:25:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-18 -- RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI -- open
10:25:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18
10:25:33 [davy_]
raphael: should we include this in the spec or not?
10:25:52 [davy_]
yves: if we do that, we probably need another LC
10:26:37 [davy_]
raphael: alternative could be putting this into an annex
10:26:42 [davy_]
... informative status
10:27:29 [davy_]
Yves: better would be in another document (a note)
10:28:42 [davy_]
action: troncy to setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note
10:28:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-207 - Setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-12-15].
10:28:58 [davy_]
Issue-17?
10:28:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-17 -- Media Fragment track names and IRIs -- open
10:28:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17
10:30:02 [davy_]
Yves: or we close it because we don't know how to handle IRIs
10:30:09 [davy_]
... or we continue discussions
10:32:17 [raphael]
reading the thread starting at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/0149.html
10:33:28 [davy_]
raphael: I18N recommends us to use IRI as reference
10:34:51 [raphael]
Key message: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/0153.html
10:36:04 [davy_]
action: troncy to ask today who will make it to the teleconf next week
10:36:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-208 - Ask today who will make it to the teleconf next week [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-12-15].
10:37:03 [homata]
homata has joined #mediafrag
10:38:51 [davy_]
close action-208
10:38:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-208 Ask today who will make it to the teleconf next week closed
10:39:21 [raphael]
Raphael: both Erik and Davy cannot make next week telecon
10:39:36 [davy_]
raphael: we will organize early in January a teleconf with everybody, joined by Addison Philips
10:39:56 [davy_]
Issue-10?
10:39:56 [trackbot]
ISSUE-10 -- Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance -- open
10:39:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10
10:40:02 [davy_]
raphael: related to test cases
10:40:08 [davy_]
issue-9?
10:40:08 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases? -- open
10:40:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/9
10:40:32 [davy_]
raphael: also related to test cases, we can ignore them for transitioning
10:40:39 [davy_]
TOPIC: TEST CASES
10:40:58 [davy_]
Action-167?
10:40:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-167 -- Erik Mannens to find licence free movies for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN
10:40:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167
10:41:40 [davy_]
raphael: fine to use elephants dream and big bug bunny sequences
10:43:02 [davy_]
... so we can use these media resources in our demos and examples in the spec
10:43:08 [raphael]
Movies to use:
10:43:12 [raphael]
Sintel, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7KhViaVqc
10:43:19 [raphael]
... longer version, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
10:43:28 [raphael]
Big Bunny, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
10:43:34 [raphael]
The Elephant Dreams
10:43:39 [davy_]
close action-167
10:43:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-167 Find licence free movies for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons closed
10:43:53 [davy_]
action-168?
10:43:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-168 -- Davy Van Deursen to investigate how the automatic test suite could also be done for evaluating the UA behavior -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN
10:43:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/168
10:43:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:47:37 [davy_]
TOPIC: AOB
10:51:07 [raphael]
Raphael: presentation of test cases handling by Davy during the face to face meeting, http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/meetings/2010-11-01-f2f_lyon/
10:51:47 [raphael]
Raphael: we have an exhaustive list of test cases for the time dimension on the wiki
10:52:00 [raphael]
... which has been reviewed by Conrad, Silvia, Jack and Philip
10:52:39 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
10:52:52 [homata]
homata has joined #mediafrag
10:53:21 [raphael]
Davy: I'm happy to convert the information in the wiki into a RDF file
10:53:47 [raphael]
... this RDF file can then be the input of our test validation framework
10:53:54 [davy_]
close action-168
10:53:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-168 Investigate how the automatic test suite could also be done for evaluating the UA behavior closed
10:54:23 [davy_]
action: Davy to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version
10:54:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-209 - Convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2010-12-15].
10:57:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:57:34 [davy_]
[adjourned]
10:57:48 [davy_]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:57:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html davy_
10:57:50 [Zakim]
-Yves
11:00:14 [davy_]
davy_ has left #mediafrag
11:00:37 [Zakim]
-Raphael
11:00:39 [Zakim]
-Erik
11:00:39 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
11:00:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Erik, Davy, Raphael, Yves
11:00:56 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
11:01:11 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
11:01:25 [raphael]
s/http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension//
11:01:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:07:35 [homata]
homata has joined #mediafrag
12:45:35 [homata]
homata has joined #mediafrag
13:07:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
14:42:04 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: silvia to send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist [1]
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc#T10-20-08
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker [2]
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc#T10-20-32-1
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note [3]
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc#T10-28-42
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to ask today who will make it to the teleconf next week [4]
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc#T10-36-04
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Davy to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version [5]
14:42:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc#T10-54-23