See also: IRC log
<scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips
<scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip
<r12a> hi addison, give me a moment and i'll start the meeting with tracker
<r12a> trackbot, prepare a telcon
<trackbot> Sorry, r12a, I don't understand 'trackbot, prepare a telcon'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
<David> I am...
<r12a> trackbot, status
<r12a> trackbot, prepare telcon
<trackbot> Meeting: Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 08 December 2010
Topic Action Items
Ask fantasai what bits of CSS3 are most interested in being commented upon
<trackbot> ACTION-1 Ask fantasai what bits of CSS3 are most interested in being commented upon closed
<trackbot> ACTION-2 Move the two I18N meetings so that they don't overlap closed
Move the two I18N meetings so that they don't overlap
Ask the Korean HTML5 Interest Group what should happen if "word-break: keep-all" is used with "word-wrap: break-all"
<freedom> ok, I am using VoIP, I think that causes the problem
kenny has been working on new CSS property
... underlines are drawn such that adjacent underlines get connected
... so <u></u><u></u> draws a single underline
... but some CJK uses make a problem
<kennyluck> CJK use of underline
scribe: above link is an
... since there are no spaces in CJK text, they more often encounter the problem
... especially a problem with huperlinks
kenny: interesting progress on vertical text in chrome
richard: ruby spec news
... sent email to CSS asking if could publish as WD instead of CR
... got comments back
... CSS may not have picked up as a topic today
Addison: "U" extention to BCP 47 published
scribe: RFC 6067
<kennyluck> me q?
<r12a> ACTION: Richard to change the language tags article to say that now there is an extension defined, and describe it briefly [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Change the language tags article to say that now there is an extension defined, and describe it briefly [on Richard Ishida - due 2010-12-15].
felix: should validators handle extensions?
<kennyluck> aphillip: Well-formedness is not a problem.
<kennyluck> r12a: Do you need to validate the extention?
<fsasaki> here are some examples of what the html5 validator does currently with language tags: http://tinyurl.com/33lhk4p
<kennyluck> aphillip: Not necessary. But you can do it.
<scribe> ACTION: addison: check on HTML5 language tag validator and send any comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Check on HTML5 language tag validator and send any comments [on Addison Phillips - due 2010-12-15].
<fsasaki> aphillip: you can send the comments to me - I created the bcp 47 patch for the validator
<r12a> felix, is deprecated in "The language tag zh-yue is deprecated" correct? I think it's just not recommended.
<fsasaki> richard, the registry says deprecated, IIRC
<fsasaki> the validator just reads the registry and validates based on that
richard: explains all about trackbot
richard: other groups use
... above link is main page for our trackbot
... tracks issues and action items
... bottom of page has link to tracker doc
... linked to this IRC channel
... and to public-i18n-core list
... change actions here in IRC or via email
... can we use to replace tables for review comments?
... need to investigate
... initial email propagation may be an issue
... another issue might be that our Issue-43 might conflict with (say) someone else's issue-43
... there are ways to deal with that
... such as prefixing with group id (e.g. I18N-ISSUE-43)
kennyluck: think the table is nice
richard: can still have
... but it's a big maintenance headache
... especially for this "RI" person
richard: also subject header
changes in email threads cause thread to get lost
... would have one issue for every comment
... can assign issues to "products" (spec)
... one potential problem is with individual vs. WG comments
... so might need to look into that
richard: something holding up
... not clear on how bopomofo works
... so to try to help that
... have written blog post that I'll update as I get more info
richard: trying to gather in one
place how bopomofo ruby works
... sent email asking CSS and our WG for more info and to look it over
... like to put this to rest after many years
david: surely there are some bopomofo experts?
richard: sent to public-cjk list
kennyluck: one special issue in
... "i" symbol
... for historical reasons, no one knows why Unicode has it as vertical
... horizontal version is vertical
... but no one knows why it should ever be rendered that way
<freedom> it's vertical, 'cause it's a vertical one in GB code
<freedom> GB 2312, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
addison: representative glyph in Unicode doesn't mean it cannot be rendered horizontally
richard: asking if kenny is asking if we should comment on this?
richard: should keep it as it
... can publish a new note easily
... and we can update ours to match
norbert: there should be no separate versions
<scribe> ACTION: addison: convey to Unicode desire to keep UTR#20 as a joint publication with identical versions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Convey to Unicode desire to keep UTR#20 as a joint publication with identical versions [on Addison Phillips - due 2010-12-15].
kennyluck: there was an action
item to write about non-translate tag
... report as HTML bug
felix: sent something to member list but didn't receive comments
everyone please comment for next time
<scribe> ACTION: felix: nudge everyone to ensure everyone review non-translate email by next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Nudge everyone to ensure everyone review non-translate email by next week [on Felix Sasaki - due 2010-12-15].
<trackbot> ACTION-1 -- Richard Ishida to ask fantasai what bits of CSS3 are most interested in being commented upon -- due 2010-12-10 -- CLOSED
fantasai's note on CSS3 says that all parts are active
scribe: so we need a plan to review all of CSS3 Text
<scribe> ACTION: addison: update review radar and ping www-international seeking comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Update review radar and ping www-international seeking comments [on Addison Phillips - due 2010-12-15].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/calendar/ca/ FAILED: s/greogorian/gregori/ Succeeded: s/question/problem/ Succeeded: s/htat/that/ Succeeded: s/asing/asking/ Succeeded: s/asking if we should/asking if kenny is asking if we should/ Found Scribe: Addison Phillips Found ScribeNick: aphillip Default Present: +1.617.466.aaaa, David, aphillip, [IPcaller], Felix, Norbert, Richard, kennyluck, freedom, matial Present: +1.617.466.aaaa David aphillip [IPcaller] Felix Norbert Richard kennyluck freedom matial Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2010Dec/0007.html Found Date: 08 Dec 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-i18n-minutes.html People with action items: addison convey everyone felix nudge richard[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]