IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-12-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:58:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:58:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-irc
16:58:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:58:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:58:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:58:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
16:58:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:58:43 [trackbot]
Date: 07 December 2010
16:59:09 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:59:16 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:59:50 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
17:00:15 [mphillip]
trackbot, start telcon
17:00:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:19 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
17:00:20 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
17:00:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start now
17:00:20 [trackbot]
Date: 07 December 2010
17:00:26 [alewis]
err.
17:00:32 [alewis]
we'd already started.
17:00:48 [mphillip]
oops sorry
17:00:52 [alewis]
:-)
17:01:02 [alewis]
doesn't seem to have caused problems, though.
17:01:25 [mphillip]
no, phew, good old trackbot
17:02:29 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
17:02:49 [Zakim]
+Mark
17:03:00 [Zakim]
+eric
17:03:17 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
17:03:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.280.aaaa
17:03:31 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
17:03:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see alewis, Mark, eric, +1.781.280.aaaa
17:03:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eric, peaston, mphillip, Zakim, RRSAgent, alewis, trackbot, Yves
17:04:51 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
17:05:03 [Zakim]
+padams
17:06:34 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
17:06:44 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
17:06:49 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
17:07:01 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
17:07:11 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/30-soap-jms-minutes.html
17:07:24 [mphillip]
Minutes approved
17:07:33 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
17:08:01 [mphillip]
No modifications to agenda
17:08:15 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Administrative items
17:08:32 [mphillip]
Eric: Propose we skip meeting of 28th
17:09:14 [mphillip]
No objections
17:09:22 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No meeting on 28th Dec.
17:09:39 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
17:09:49 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/222 - Derek - no status
17:09:59 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/223 - Phil - no progress
17:10:19 [mphillip]
Phil: Planning to work on this over Christmas period
17:10:39 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/230 - Mark - no progress
17:10:56 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/231 - Mark - complete
17:11:02 [mphillip]
close action-230
17:11:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-230 Apply the changes for ISSUE-67 closed
17:11:14 [mphillip]
close action-231
17:11:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-231 Come up with a concrete proposal to resolve issue 68 closed
17:12:04 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/232 - Eric - Complete
17:12:12 [mphillip]
close action-232
17:12:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-232 Revise the proposal with Amy's addition and the fault in the proposal closed
17:12:35 [mphillip]
(see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Dec/0001.html )
17:12:54 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Moving to PR (via CR? & LC)
17:13:43 [mphillip]
Eric:Any issues, comments & concerns regarding producing a conforming implementation
17:14:24 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Specification Issues
17:14:43 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/65
17:15:16 [mphillip]
See Eric's email (link above WRT action 232)
17:15:54 [mphillip]
Eric: made modifications to proposal noted in previous meeting
17:17:17 [mphillip]
Peter: Contacted CXF who want this feature, so this is a welcome & timely addition
17:17:55 [mphillip]
Eric: Should we wait for CXF to review this proposal before changing the spec.
17:18:45 [mphillip]
Sounds like a good idea if we think there are people who will review the proposal
17:19:50 [mphillip]
All: No objection to waiting a week for comments from CXF
17:20:19 [mphillip]
action: Peter to forward proposal for ISSUE-65 to CXF folk for their approval
17:20:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-233 - Forward proposal for ISSUE-65 to CXF folk for their approval [on Peter Easton - due 2010-12-14].
17:20:43 [mphillip]
Next issue : http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/66
17:21:16 [mphillip]
Peter: These changes have been applied
17:22:25 [mphillip]
Peter: http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html
17:23:02 [mphillip]
Peter: Have added Test0020 to cover Protocol-2070
17:23:08 [mphillip]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html#test0020
17:24:23 [mphillip]
Peter: This is an optional test for the queue variant (topicReplyToName)
17:27:08 [mphillip]
Eric: Would it be worth mentioning in the text for the test that this would involve vendor-specific use of the API to specify the destination name (passed to the Session.createQueue )
17:27:37 [mphillip]
(and Session.createTopic)
17:28:46 [mphillip]
Eric: Probably unnecessary to spell this out - the test will all require some tweaks / JNDI setup to get them running
17:29:41 [mphillip]
Peter: The other change is to add references to WSDLUsage3003, WSDLUsage3004 in WSDL tests test0006 test0007 test0009 test0010 test0013 test0014 test0015 test0016
17:30:15 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The applied resolution is accepted - ISSUE-66 is closed
17:30:27 [mphillip]
Mark: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/68
17:30:44 [eric]
Mark's latest email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Dec/0004.html
17:33:09 [mphillip]
Mark: Proposal to set heaer properties on the producer instead of the message
17:34:16 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The new proposal is accepted as-is
17:34:35 [mphillip]
action Mark: to apply the resolution for ISSUE-68
17:34:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-234 - Apply the resolution for ISSUE-68 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-12-14].
17:35:16 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/67 - pending application of resolution per ACTION-230
17:35:23 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI scheme
17:36:12 [mphillip]
Eric: Posted new draft with language to register IANA JMS URI scheme variants
17:36:21 [mphillip]
Eric: Review came back with 3 comments
17:38:11 [mphillip]
Eric: One on the formatting - caused by conversion to text , one because the URI examples were not indented - so Eric has indented the samples
17:38:35 [mphillip]
Eric: We should now be ready to submit for final review
17:39:25 [mphillip]
Eric: Contacted various open-source implementations of JMS to bring the JMS URI to their attention (ActiveMQ, QPID), plus Oracle
17:39:33 [mphillip]
Eric: No feedback to date
17:41:41 [mphillip]
Eric: Draft 10 is the latest draft - will chase up IETF later today
17:43:04 [mphillip]
TOPIC: AOB?
17:46:48 [mphillip]
Mark: Potential issue with BytesMessage being written and read in different ways (e.g. writeBytes, and readUTF)
17:47:41 [mphillip]
Mark: Will send details to the list
17:49:18 [mphillip]
Eric: Yes, we nned to understand the scope of the possible change to the spec. e.g. normative, non-normative, FAQ etc.
17:49:34 [mphillip]
action mark to get details of potential BytesMessageproblem
17:49:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-235 - Get details of potential BytesMessageproblem [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-12-14].
17:50:29 [Zakim]
- +1.781.280.aaaa
17:50:30 [Zakim]
-padams
17:50:30 [Zakim]
-Mark
17:50:31 [Zakim]
-eric
17:50:33 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:50:34 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:50:35 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:50:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Mark, eric, +1.781.280.aaaa, padams
17:51:20 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:51:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:52:11 [eric]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:52:16 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
17:52:34 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
19:18:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
19:24:28 [eric_]
eric_ has joined #soap-jms
19:27:11 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms