IRC log of dap on 2010-12-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:41:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:41:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-irc
14:41:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:41:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:41:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:41:31 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
14:41:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:41:32 [trackbot]
Date: 01 December 2010
14:42:48 [dom]
Regrets+ Dom
14:48:47 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0069.html
14:49:44 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:49:47 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:51:30 [fjh]
Regrets+ John_Morris, Niklas_Widell, Suresh_Chitturi, Marco_Marengo
14:51:56 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:52:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.534.aaaa - is perhaps lgombos
14:52:15 [lgombos]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
14:59:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:59:21 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:59:21 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:59:24 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:59:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see lgombos, fjh
14:59:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, ilkka, wmaslowski, lgombos, trackbot, shepazu, dom
14:59:45 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
15:00:01 [Zakim]
+AnssiK
15:00:03 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
15:00:21 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
15:01:07 [cmarc]
Present + Cecile_Marc
15:01:16 [Zakim]
+ilkka
15:01:19 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:01:39 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:39 [Zakim]
+Vincent_Mahe
15:01:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see lgombos, fjh, AnssiK, ilkka, Vincent_Mahe
15:01:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, cmarc, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, ilkka, wmaslowski, lgombos, trackbot, shepazu, dom
15:02:01 [ilkka]
Present+ Ilkka_Oksanen
15:02:08 [Zakim]
+??P18
15:02:25 [maoteo]
maoteo has joined #dap
15:03:00 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aabb
15:03:01 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
15:03:01 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
15:03:13 [darobin]
Zakim, Vincent_Mahe is cmarc
15:03:13 [Zakim]
+cmarc; got it
15:03:24 [cmarc]
zakim,029912 is Cecile_Marc (not vincent_Mahe)
15:03:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, cmarc
15:03:37 [Claes]
Zakim, aabb i Claes
15:03:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aabb i Claes', Claes
15:03:42 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see lgombos, fjh, AnssiK, ilkka, cmarc, darobin, +46.1.08.01.aabb
15:03:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see maoteo, Claes, cmarc, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, darobin, ilkka, wmaslowski, lgombos, trackbot, shepazu, dom
15:03:48 [Zakim]
+Susana
15:03:53 [Claes]
Zakim, aabb is Claes
15:04:01 [Zakim]
+Claes; got it
15:04:13 [maoteo]
Zakim, Susana is really maoteo
15:04:22 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
15:04:25 [Zakim]
+maoteo; got it
15:04:47 [maoteo]
Present+ Maria_Oteo
15:05:06 [AnssiK]
ScribeNick: AnssiK
15:05:13 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:05:23 [AnssiK]
Topic: Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
15:05:37 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
15:05:40 [maoteo]
zakim, mute me
15:05:40 [Zakim]
maoteo should now be muted
15:05:53 [darobin]
Zakim, mute ilkka
15:05:53 [Zakim]
ilkka should now be muted
15:05:55 [jgiraud]
Present+ Jerome_Giraud
15:06:10 [Zakim]
+richt
15:06:19 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
15:06:25 [fjh]
June/July 2011 F2F hosting
15:06:35 [AnssiK]
fjh: we'll have to find out a host for June 2011 F2F
15:06:35 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Nov/0011.html
15:06:50 [dcoloma]
dcoloma has joined #dap
15:06:57 [danielcoloma]
danielcoloma has joined #dap
15:07:00 [AnssiK]
richt: I'll have to check if Opera is able to host, will come back
15:07:24 [maoteo]
zakim, unmute me
15:07:24 [Zakim]
maoteo should no longer be muted
15:08:12 [AnssiK]
maoteo: I'll check if we can host as well
15:08:30 [AnssiK]
fjh: should we cancel meeting around Xmas?
15:08:45 [AnssiK]
s/meeting/meetings/
15:09:01 [AnssiK]
darobin: I'm away during Xmas time
15:09:13 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
15:09:30 [AnssiK]
fjh: ok to cancel the two meetings 22th and 29th?
15:09:30 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
15:09:57 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: meeting on 22nd and 29th of Dec cancelled
15:10:12 [fjh]
Apple releases Calendar, Messaging APIs modelled on work in DAP
15:10:21 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0063.html
15:10:25 [AnssiK]
fjh: do you want to talk about Apple release of Calendar, Messaging APIs?
15:10:32 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0066.html
15:10:45 [AnssiK]
darobin: some people on the WG may not be able to access the resource as it's behind a login
15:10:55 [AnssiK]
... I've been talking to Apple so this may do somewhere
15:11:13 [AnssiK]
... Dean Jackson, working for Apple, clearly said on the ML that they base their work on DAP stuff
15:11:18 [fjh]
s/do somewhere/go somewhere/
15:11:44 [AnssiK]
lgombos: only for ad context?
15:12:35 [AnssiK]
... perhaps they see some security concerns and that's the reason they're sandboxing the APIs?
15:12:55 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Minutes approval
15:12:57 [fjh]
Approve 17 November minutes
15:12:57 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/att-0055/minutes-2010-11-17.html
15:13:10 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 17 Nov approved
15:13:41 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: HTML Media Capture API
15:13:49 [fjh]
CfC, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0054.html (Dom)
15:13:49 [fjh]
ISSUE-105, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0059.html (Anne)
15:13:55 [fjh]
ISSUE-105?
15:13:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-105 -- Should the capture hint in HTML Media Capture be specified through a MIME parameter? -- raised
15:13:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/105
15:14:01 [fjh]
ISSUE-78?
15:14:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 -- Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) -- open
15:14:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/78
15:14:10 [AnssiK]
darobin: should coordinate mode with HTML WG, we have feedback from Goog that it's pretty much what they implement in the Android Browser
15:14:17 [AnssiK]
s/mode/more/
15:14:32 [AnssiK]
... got feedback from Anne/Opera, raised an issue
15:15:26 [AnssiK]
richt: I may be able to give some feedback later on, only issue is that we don't have too much control over file picker
15:16:17 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to contact Microsoft about HTML Media Capture to get some feedback
15:16:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-308 - Contact Microsoft about HTML Media Capture to get some feedback [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
15:17:05 [AnssiK]
darobin: we'll have to get more feedback from implementors and then talk to HTML WG folks
15:17:16 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to contact Mozilla to get some feedback about HTML Media Capture
15:17:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-309 - Contact Mozilla to get some feedback about HTML Media Capture [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
15:17:29 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to coordinate with the HTML WG on HTML Media Capture
15:17:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-310 - Coordinate with the HTML WG on HTML Media Capture [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
15:18:39 [ilkka]
zakim, unmute me
15:18:39 [Zakim]
ilkka should no longer be muted
15:18:52 [darobin]
In addition to the requirements already highlighted in the [HTML5] and [FILE-API] specifications, implementors should take care of additional leakage of privacy-sensitive data from captured media. For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting.
15:19:54 [AnssiK]
frederick: how to deal with this issue?
15:20:11 [AnssiK]
... the issue of pricacy and security considerations
15:20:17 [AnssiK]
... will fire a mail to the ML
15:20:18 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Messaging API
15:20:31 [AnssiK]
s/frederick/fjh/
15:20:37 [darobin]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/ new messaging API
15:20:45 [AnssiK]
maoteo: did changes agreed during last F2F
15:21:49 [AnssiK]
Maria walks us through tge changes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dap-commits/2010Nov/0021.html
15:22:00 [AnssiK]
s/tge/the following/
15:22:15 [AnssiK]
darobin: are we ok publishing a heartbeat version of the draft?
15:22:43 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to prod the list about reviewing Messaging in view of a heartbeat publication
15:22:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-311 - Prod the list about reviewing Messaging in view of a heartbeat publication [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
15:22:50 [AnssiK]
... I should send a message to the list asking people review it
15:22:56 [AnssiK]
... anything else?
15:23:03 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Sysinfo API
15:23:06 [darobin]
ISSUE-92?
15:23:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 -- Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; -- open
15:23:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/92
15:23:11 [bryan]
bryan has joined #dap
15:23:12 [AnssiK]
darobin: not much to do on the call
15:23:14 [darobin]
ISSUE-102?
15:23:14 [trackbot]
ISSUE-102 -- Sysinfo asynchronous calls needs to be expressed in terms of events loop -- open
15:23:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/102
15:23:22 [darobin]
ISSUE-64?
15:23:22 [trackbot]
ISSUE-64 -- "Generic" sensors may permit discovering sensitive information -- open
15:23:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/64
15:23:35 [darobin]
ISSUE-98?
15:23:35 [trackbot]
ISSUE-98 -- On what data model should the contacts API be based? -- open
15:23:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/98
15:23:45 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Contacts API
15:23:51 [AnssiK]
ISSUE-98?
15:23:51 [trackbot]
ISSUE-98 -- On what data model should the contacts API be based? -- open
15:23:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/98
15:24:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aacc
15:24:36 [darobin]
close ISSUE-98
15:24:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-98 On what data model should the contacts API be based? closed
15:24:43 [AnssiK]
darobin: anyone against closing?
15:24:46 [darobin]
Zakim, aacc is bryan
15:24:46 [Zakim]
+bryan; got it
15:24:48 [bryan]
present+ Bryan_Sullivan
15:24:49 [fjh]
ISSUE-98: being dealt with in current work
15:24:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-98 On what data model should the contacts API be based? notes added
15:24:49 [AnssiK]
... (silence)
15:25:14 [AnssiK]
darobin: should we pub a heartbeat of Contacts?
15:25:18 [AnssiK]
richt: would be good
15:25:24 [AnssiK]
darobin: objections?
15:25:42 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: Publish a heartbeat draft of Contacts API
15:25:52 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to prepare a draft of Contacts for heartbeat
15:25:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-312 - Prepare a draft of Contacts for heartbeat [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
15:26:12 [AnssiK]
richt: I'm waiting feedback on Contacts Blob Writer
15:27:07 [AnssiK]
... so we'll l got Contacts Blob Writer, Contacts Reader API and Contacts Writer API
15:27:17 [AnssiK]
... should we combine them
15:28:21 [AnssiK]
darobin: perhaps not enough people have found the drafts?
15:28:35 [AnssiK]
... sending a mail to the list may help to get feedback
15:28:42 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Security and privacy status
15:28:55 [AnssiK]
fjh: there's privacy workshop next week
15:29:14 [AnssiK]
... the obvious thing to do is to check S&P sections are in the docs
15:29:39 [AnssiK]
... that's all
15:29:51 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Interop and testing
15:30:00 [AnssiK]
darobin: not sure how to handle this yet
15:30:20 [AnssiK]
... we'll waiting for something to test
15:30:47 [AnssiK]
fjh: we'll waiting for Contacts to morph into testable spec
15:31:00 [AnssiK]
... we can call for volunteers
15:31:25 [fjh]
s/we'll waiting/open action
15:33:10 [AnssiK]
darobin: we may want to wait until LC, process-wise CR requires tests, but LC is better in practice for killing bugs
15:33:44 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
15:33:54 [fjh_]
ISSUE-78?
15:33:56 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 -- Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) -- open
15:33:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/78
15:34:08 [AnssiK]
richt: Opera can look if they can contribute some code that would help
15:34:40 [AnssiK]
s/they/we/
15:34:43 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/
15:35:41 [AnssiK]
darobin: anything else on testing or IOP?
15:36:12 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Adjourn
15:36:13 [Zakim]
-bryan
15:36:19 [Zakim]
-maoteo
15:36:23 [fjh]
Regrets for next week from me
15:36:23 [Zakim]
-darobin
15:36:25 [Zakim]
-lgombos
15:36:26 [Zakim]
-ilkka
15:36:28 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
15:36:32 [Zakim]
-richt
15:36:33 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:36:37 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:36:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:36:39 [Zakim]
-cmarc
15:36:39 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has left #dap
15:36:40 [Zakim]
-Claes
15:36:42 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:36:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.781.534.aaaa, fjh, AnssiK, ilkka, +46.1.08.01.aabb, darobin, cmarc, Claes, maoteo, richt, +1.425.214.aacc, bryan
15:37:55 [fjh]
Regrets+ Thomas_Roessler
15:39:06 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:39:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:40:01 [fjh]
Regrets+ Soonho_Lee
15:40:12 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:40:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html fjh
17:20:46 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
17:30:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap