IRC log of webperf on 2010-11-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

02:58:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webperf
02:58:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-irc
02:58:21 [AndersonQuach]
clear the agenda
02:58:28 [AndersonQuach]
Zakim, please part
02:58:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webperf
02:58:31 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, please part
17:00:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webperf
17:00:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-irc
17:00:37 [AndersonQuach]
meeting: Web Performance Working Group
17:00:42 [AndersonQuach]
scribe: AndersonQuach
17:00:46 [AndersonQuach]
present+ AndersonQuach
17:01:16 [AndersonQuach]
agenda+ Follow-up on feedback with respect to private domain implementation of same origin.
17:01:22 [AndersonQuach]
agenda+ Follow-up on the window.performance namespace.
17:01:26 [AndersonQuach]
agenda+ Resource Timing and User Timing.
17:01:30 [AndersonQuach]
agenda+ Any other business.
17:01:43 [AndersonQuach]
set logs world-visible
17:01:58 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
17:01:58 [Christian]
Christian has joined #webperf
17:04:02 [AndersonQuach]
present+ NicJansma
17:04:04 [AndersonQuach]
present+ TonyG
17:04:25 [tonyg]
tonyg has joined #webperf
17:07:38 [AndersonQuach]
Present+ Zhiheng
17:07:43 [AndersonQuach]
Present+ ArvindJain
17:07:47 [AndersonQuach]
Chair: ArvindJain
17:07:50 [AndersonQuach]
list the agenda
17:09:45 [Zhiheng]
Zhiheng has joined #webperf
17:18:55 [AndersonQuach]
move to agenda 2.
17:18:57 [AndersonQuach]
move to agenda 2
17:19:09 [AndersonQuach]
topic: Follow-up on the window.performance namespace
17:19:14 [mdelaney]
mdelaney has joined #webperf
17:19:25 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Found low risk with window.performance.
17:21:14 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Looks to be around 0.00993% of top traffic websites.
17:21:36 [AndersonQuach]
TonyG: That's one in ten thousound sites.
17:21:57 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Yes, I recommend to with window.performance.
17:22:02 [AndersonQuach]
TonyG: Sounds reasonable.
17:22:20 [AndersonQuach]
Zhiheng: Sounds good.
17:22:46 [AndersonQuach]
Topic: Conformance best practices
17:23:23 [AndersonQuach]
Zhiheng: I'll send out notes and best practices to the email group.
17:26:20 [AndersonQuach]
Present+ JasonSobel
17:28:49 [AndersonQuach]
move to agenda 3
17:28:57 [AndersonQuach]
Topic: Resource Timing and User Timing
17:29:29 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Updates to resource timing proposal sent to the email group. Would like to capture the proposals in the spec. So we can review both proposals.
17:29:39 [AndersonQuach]
Zhiheng: Sounds good.
17:30:13 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Resource timing shares similar problems with Navigation Timing w.r.t sharing with sites.
17:30:40 [AndersonQuach]
AndersonQuach: Options include: document.domain, CORS, or implement our own switch.
17:30:53 [AndersonQuach]
NicJansma: Also there's the option to provide less information by default.
17:32:20 [AndersonQuach]
JasonSobel: A lot of value would be lost if there's a limited timeline. We should consider an implementation where we can get access to the full timeline.
17:32:39 [AndersonQuach]
Zhiheng: Does CORS fit?
17:32:57 [AndersonQuach]
JasonSobel: It's a better fit, to allow cross-domain access to resource timings.
17:33:21 [AndersonQuach]
Zhiheng: The timing information with resources is more valuable, may warrant a more comprehensive design.
17:35:03 [AndersonQuach]
JasonSobel: Let's send a ping on the public list on alternate designs and CORS to allow access to resource timings. I suspect designing an alternate solution may be straightforward. Perhaps we can flush this out fully.
17:57:56 [mdelaney]
mdelaney has joined #webperf
18:14:53 [AndersonQuach]
regrets+ JasonWeber
18:15:02 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:15:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-minutes.html AndersonQuach
18:15:21 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
18:15:24 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, generate minutes
18:15:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-minutes.html AndersonQuach
18:20:40 [Christian]
Christian has left #webperf
18:59:51 [AndersonQuach]
topic: Summary of Action Items
19:01:30 [AndersonQuach]
1. Next week's meeting, get together and discuss the feeback on the private domain design decision.
19:01:45 [AndersonQuach]
2. Add resource timing design proposal as a separate section in the spec.
19:02:27 [AndersonQuach]
3. Brainstorm solutions for sharing resource timings across domains.
19:03:41 [AndersonQuach]
[decision] Given the current low risks for Internet websites, we'll continue to use window.performance as the global namespace for Web Timings.
19:03:45 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:03:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-minutes.html AndersonQuach
19:17:35 [AndersonQuach]
4. Zhiheng to send out conformance tests notes and best practices.
19:17:46 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:17:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/17-webperf-minutes.html AndersonQuach
19:20:44 [AndersonQuach]
clear the agenda
19:20:48 [AndersonQuach]
rrsagent, please part
19:20:48 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items