IRC log of sparql on 2010-11-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:56:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/16-sparql-irc
14:56:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
14:56:50 [AxelPolleres]
trackbot, start meeting
14:56:52 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:56:54 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
14:56:54 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:56:55 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:56:55 [trackbot]
Date: 16 November 2010
14:56:59 [kasei]
i think steveh was strongly opposed to it
14:57:10 [kasei]
as was I
14:57:37 [AxelPolleres]
yes, and matt as well.
14:58:06 [AndyS]
Bad zakim day.
14:58:10 [AxelPolleres]
nickH, are you ok to scribe today?
14:58:21 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:58:21 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, AndyS
14:58:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, NickH, cbuilara, karl, OlivierCorby, AndyS, AxelPolleres, SteveH, pgearon, ivan, AlexPassant, kasei, iv_an_ru, trackbot, ericP, sandro
14:58:28 [AndyS]
zakim, start SPARQL
14:58:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'start SPARQL', AndyS
14:58:29 [NickH]
AlexPassant: sure
14:58:49 [NickH]
wish tab completion of nicknames was working though
14:58:50 [AxelPolleres]
NickH, I am axel ;-)
14:59:05 [NickH]
argh! exactly
14:59:32 [AndyS]
zakim, this is SPARQL
14:59:32 [Zakim]
ok, AndyS; that matches SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM
14:59:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:59:56 [AndyS]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:59:56 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:00:02 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:00:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, ??P2, +1.310.729.aaaa, AxelPolleres, AndyS
15:00:11 [kasei]
Zakim, aaaa is me
15:00:11 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
15:00:11 [ivan]
zakim, dial ivan-voip
15:00:12 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; the call is being made
15:00:12 [Zakim]
+Ivan
15:00:13 [cbuilara]
I just called
15:00:15 [AndyS]
zakim, mute AndyS
15:00:15 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
15:00:21 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.92.38.aabb
15:00:28 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
15:00:29 [AndyS]
zakim, unmute AndyS
15:00:29 [Zakim]
AndyS should no longer be muted
15:00:54 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:01:07 [Zakim]
-??P2
15:01:07 [AxelPolleres]
carlos, you were the IPCaller ;-)
15:01:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aacc
15:01:22 [MattPerry]
zakim, aacc is me
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+??P7
15:01:34 [NickH]
zakim, ??P0 is me
15:01:39 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
15:01:41 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P7 is me
15:01:50 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:01:56 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P13 is me
15:01:57 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:02:21 [AxelPolleres]
41# on your telephone keypad is "raise hand" for those who need to identify themselves
15:02:30 [SteveH_]
SteveH_ has joined #sparql
15:02:44 [AxelPolleres]
40# on your telephone keypad is "hand down"
15:02:55 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH, kasei, AxelPolleres, Ivan, +33.4.92.38.aabb, MattPerry, cbuilara, AndyS
15:03:06 [OlivierCorby]
Zakim, aabb is me
15:03:06 [Zakim]
+OlivierCorby; got it
15:03:29 [Zakim]
+pgearon
15:03:35 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2010-11-16
15:03:41 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
15:03:47 [AxelPolleres]
scribe: NickH
15:03:54 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: souri, Lee
15:04:23 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.439.aadd
15:04:30 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:04:32 [sandro]
regrets+ sandro
15:04:34 [SteveH]
Zakim, aadd is me
15:04:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH, kasei, AxelPolleres, Ivan, OlivierCorby, MattPerry, cbuilara, AndyS, pgearon, +44.208.439.aadd
15:04:42 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
15:05:10 [Zakim]
-NickH
15:05:10 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-11-09
15:05:33 [cbuilara]
I can try
15:05:40 [cbuilara]
scribe: cbuilara
15:05:48 [AndyS]
scribenick: cbuilara
15:05:49 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-11-09
15:06:06 [AndyS]
topic: admin
15:06:25 [AxelPolleres]
topic: ISSUE-16
15:06:25 [cbuilara]
Topic: issue 15, aggregates
15:06:31 [cbuilara]
ISSUE-16
15:06:36 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:06:43 [NickH]
zakim, ??P27 is me
15:06:43 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
15:06:56 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-16 by noting that aggregates define their semantics over mixed data types which can include errors, errors that propagate to a SELECT list result in an unbound variable, errors that propagate to GROUP BY clause result in an "unbound" key.
15:06:56 [NickH]
sorry, phone troubles :(
15:07:21 [cbuilara]
Lee's proposal: close issue 16 aggregates and errors,
15:07:39 [SteveH]
I think we should close
15:07:46 [NickH]
Axel: any opinions?
15:08:13 [NickH]
Axel: Paul wrote lots about context
15:08:30 [NickH]
Alex: is that covered by this proposal
15:08:37 [kasei]
+1
15:08:41 [NickH]
Alex: any support for this proposal?
15:09:05 [AxelPolleres]
s/Alex/Axel/
15:09:16 [NickH]
AndyS: are you planning in putting in expanitory text?
15:09:38 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:09:43 [AndyS]
+1
15:09:45 [NickH]
Any other support?
15:09:46 [OlivierCorby]
+1
15:09:46 [cbuilara]
+1
15:09:48 [NickH]
+1
15:09:49 [SteveH]
+1
15:10:00 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-16 by noting that aggregates define their semantics over mixed data types which can include errors, errors that propagate to a SELECT list result in an unbound variable, errors that propagate to GROUP BY clause result in an "unbound" key.
15:10:00 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:10:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see kasei, AxelPolleres, Ivan, OlivierCorby, MattPerry, cbuilara, AndyS, pgearon, SteveH, NickH
15:10:10 [NickH]
Axel: resolve to close
15:10:12 [AxelPolleres]
close ISSUE-16
15:10:12 [trackbot]
ISSUE-16 Dealing with aggregates over mixed datatypes closed
15:10:32 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Potential shortcuts in update (ISSUE-59)
15:10:52 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/shortcuts.xml
15:11:09 [NickH]
Axel: Alex proposed three shortcuts
15:11:20 [NickH]
Axel: Copy, Move and Add
15:11:33 [NickH]
Axel: Copy would allow you to copy one graph into another graph
15:11:49 [NickH]
Axel: Move would do the same but remove the original graph
15:12:16 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-59 by including the shortcut operations from http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/shortcuts.xml within SPARQL 1.1 Update
15:12:17 [NickH]
Axel: the proposal is the following
15:12:28 [SteveH]
Who has user experience?
15:12:31 [kasei]
can we do a strawpoll on this? I'm worried that we were too few last week to be representative of the group.
15:12:31 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:12:34 [AndyS]
me
15:12:42 [SteveH]
AndyS, can you say a little bit about it?
15:12:49 [AndyS]
sure ...
15:12:50 [kasei]
3/1/2 was the vote from last time
15:13:04 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:13:14 [NickH]
Axel: in the interests of going ahead, we should reach concensus or not do it
15:13:44 [NickH]
AndyS: there is the redundency factor
15:14:12 [AxelPolleres]
andy has implemented them, finds it handy
15:14:18 [NickH]
AndyS: secondly there is the easy of optimisation
15:14:34 [NickH]
AndyS: much easier to spot the optimiations with the shortcuts
15:14:54 [NickH]
SteveH: would be happier if more people had implemented them
15:15:18 [NickH]
SteveH: very similar but not exactly the same and feels very early to be doing this
15:15:43 [NickH]
Axel: we have a number of opinions and one concern
15:15:44 [SteveH]
"probably harmless"
15:16:04 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-59 by including the shortcut operations from http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/shortcuts.xml within SPARQL 1.1 Update
15:16:18 [SteveH]
abstain
15:16:27 [kasei]
-1
15:16:41 [NickH]
Axel: lets put in the proposal and would like a concensus
15:17:07 [ivan]
q+
15:17:08 [NickH]
Axel: kasie: can you tell us your objection
15:17:28 [NickH]
kasie: not sure if we have the experience to know if these are the shortcuts that users wants
15:17:46 [NickH]
ivan: we are adding and adding and to the terms in SPARQL
15:17:46 [AxelPolleres]
s/kasie/kasei
15:18:00 [NickH]
ivan large number of things to consume and understand
15:18:04 [NickH]
abstain
15:18:06 [ivan]
-0.5
15:18:06 [AndyS]
+1
15:18:09 [MattPerry]
+1
15:18:10 [cbuilara]
q+
15:18:11 [AxelPolleres]
+1 (on behalf of DERI)
15:18:11 [OlivierCorby]
0
15:18:14 [SteveH]
q+
15:18:15 [pgearon]
abstain
15:18:21 [ivan]
ack ivan
15:18:24 [cbuilara]
abstain
15:18:50 [kasei]
(somebody is breathing very loudly into the phone)
15:19:05 [AxelPolleres]
3/1.5/4
15:19:38 [NickH]
Ivan: I won't lie down on the road to oppose this
15:20:06 [AndyS]
We usually write yes/0/no i.e. 3/4/1.5
15:20:17 [NickH]
SteveH: we can't resolve with 4 abstainsions
15:20:29 [NickH]
Axel: how can we go forward?
15:21:10 [NickH]
Ivan: is does not reflct consensus, therefore it is rejected
15:21:10 [SteveH]
I'd be very happy to postopone it
15:21:22 [SteveH]
...make it the next groups problem
15:21:56 [kasei]
+1 to postpone
15:21:57 [NickH]
Axel: who would be happy to postopone issue 59?
15:21:58 [SteveH]
+1 to postpone
15:22:01 [AndyS]
not really
15:22:05 [NickH]
+1 to postpone
15:22:07 [AxelPolleres]
strawpoll: who wants to postpone ISSUE-59?
15:22:10 [ivan]
q+
15:22:17 [NickH]
+1
15:22:18 [AxelPolleres]
-1 (on behalf of DERI)
15:22:23 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:22:50 [ivan]
ack cbuilara
15:23:08 [NickH]
sorry, I can't hear very well
15:23:40 [NickH]
Axel: if it is not in the spec, then it doesn't really exist
15:23:57 [NickH]
Axel: should we put it in the spec or not?
15:24:10 [NickH]
cbuilara: I would leave it out
15:24:25 [ivan]
ack SteveH
15:24:27 [SteveH]
ack me
15:24:36 [NickH]
cbuilara: would postpone it and keep it as an unofficial extention
15:24:59 [NickH]
SteveH: is it a strawpoll or an official vote?
15:25:34 [ivan]
ack ivan
15:25:35 [NickH]
SteveH: not obvious what type of vote the original poll was
15:25:48 [NickH]
ivan: what does postponing mean?
15:25:55 [AndyS]
q+
15:26:27 [NickH]
ivan: does it mean that we need more implementation experience? or that the complexity of the language is too much?
15:26:30 [AxelPolleres]
ivan: two concerns, one about implementation experience, one about complicating the language
15:27:12 [NickH]
AndyS: my interpretation is that it is put on a list of things to look at later
15:27:16 [AxelPolleres]
andy: postponed was meant as "put it on the list of Postponed ISSUES"
15:27:45 [NickH]
ivan: i agree with postponement
15:28:07 [AxelPolleres]
summary: majority seems to be for postponing ISSUE-59
15:28:29 [NickH]
Axel: we are likely not to such ISSUE-59 untl the end
15:28:36 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:28:38 [AndyS]
I do not support postponing.
15:29:14 [NickH]
AndyS: I think it is an importand issue and it isn't something that should be postponed
15:29:26 [NickH]
AndyS: take it to the community and see what they think
15:30:08 [NickH]
Axel: that alternative would be to put it into the draft get feedback and then take it out again later
15:30:20 [pgearon]
+1 to avoid idioms
15:30:57 [AxelPolleres]
Andy: how about putting it in as "At risk" feature into LC
15:31:00 [NickH]
Axel: I don't see any problems with adding it to the next draft if we don't have agreement - it can be 'At risk"
15:31:05 [AxelPolleres]
Ivan: even possible in CR.
15:31:22 [NickH]
Axel: that would be a way that we could go forward
15:31:26 [ivan]
q+
15:31:29 [ivan]
ack AndyS
15:31:29 [AndyS]
q-
15:32:06 [NickH]
Ivan: that is a way forward, I think that in the document we should make it clear the reason that it is At Risk and that we would like feedback
15:33:23 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: add update shortcuts in LC marked explicitly "AT RISK" and asking for feedback, explicitly about potentially complicating the language, and implementation experience
15:33:27 [SteveH]
-1, I think it's a bad idea
15:33:40 [NickH]
this is a strawpoll
15:33:44 [ivan]
1
15:33:54 [NickH]
0
15:34:03 [OlivierCorby]
0
15:34:07 [NickH]
AndyS: can you say why this is a bad idea?
15:34:48 [NickH]
SteveH: this is quite a big chunk of text to add to the document. But is mainly a 'faster horses' problem. If you ask people if they want faster horses, they wil say they want it
15:35:23 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
15:35:24 [AxelPolleres]
q+ to speak with chairhat off for Alex
15:35:26 [NickH]
SteveH: the 'faster horses' propblem is a quote from Henry Ford about why User Focus groups don't work
15:35:46 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:35:49 [NickH]
SteveH: is a an example of when you will get bad results from asking users what they want
15:36:00 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:36:05 [ivan]
ack iv_an_ru
15:36:05 [NickH]
SteveH: it will add 4 or 5 extra pages of specification
15:36:09 [ivan]
ack ivan
15:36:09 [AxelPolleres]
ack ivan
15:36:14 [SteveH]
maybe 3 or 4
15:36:49 [AndyS]
It's 1.5 pages currently for me in FF
15:36:50 [NickH]
Axel: this is nor really makeing the language more complex but making it easier for users
15:37:03 [NickH]
Axel: the spec is already there
15:37:05 [kasei]
q+
15:37:14 [AxelPolleres]
ack AxelPolleres
15:37:14 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, you wanted to speak with chairhat off for Alex
15:38:31 [NickH]
greg: we have already described that there are two possible ways of storing, either as graphstores or quadstores. I don't think this is idiomatic in any way.
15:39:18 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: add update shortcuts in LC marked explicitly "AT RISK" and asking for feedback, explicitly about potentially complicating the language, and implementation experience
15:39:28 [NickH]
Axel: now putting this forward for an offical vote
15:39:35 [SteveH]
abstain
15:39:37 [kasei]
0
15:39:38 [pgearon]
+1
15:39:39 [AndyS]
+1
15:39:39 [ivan]
1
15:39:40 [OlivierCorby]
abstain
15:39:42 [cbuilara]
abstain
15:39:42 [AxelPolleres]
+1 (for DERI)
15:39:43 [MattPerry]
+1
15:39:45 [NickH]
0
15:39:54 [SteveH]
what does 0 mean?
15:40:09 [SteveH]
you can either abstain, object, or be silent
15:40:13 [NickH]
abstain
15:40:34 [AxelPolleres]
4/5/0
15:40:58 [NickH]
Axel: there are still a lot of abstaintions, but no objections
15:41:10 [NickH]
SteveH: still can't move forward from this
15:41:33 [NickH]
AndyS: you can move forward from this, abstain could mean "don't care"
15:41:58 [NickH]
Ivan: my feeling right now is to move on and postpone the issue
15:42:24 [NickH]
Axel: I need to talk to Alex and see what he says
15:42:37 [NickH]
Axel: and see if he objects to this
15:42:54 [AxelPolleres]
summary: majority seems to be for postponing ISSUE-59
15:42:57 [NickH]
Axel: what is your opinion AndyS?
15:43:29 [NickH]
AndyS: I see no evidence of that conclusion
15:44:23 [AxelPolleres]
Suggest to bring these two questions forward again when Alex is back: (a) put in as AT RISK (b) POSTPONE ISSUE-59
15:44:39 [NickH]
Axel: moving on to next topic
15:44:45 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Grouping by expressions
15:45:04 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: The GROUP BY clause can include expressions with or without AS aliases. These aliases can be re-used in the HAVING clause and query result clause.
15:46:02 [NickH]
Axel: last time there was some discussion if the BIND in the where clause might be redundant
15:46:14 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: The GROUP BY clause can include expressions with or without AS aliases. These aliases can be re-used in the HAVING clause and query result clause (i.e. SELECT or CONSTRUCT clause). projections created in the SELECT clause are not accessible for GROUP BY expressions.
15:46:43 [kasei]
+1
15:46:54 [NickH]
Axel: projections after groupings
15:46:55 [AxelPolleres]
q?
15:46:59 [SteveH]
is the idea that { ... BIND( expr AS ?x ) } GROUP BY ?x exatly= { ... } GROUP BY (expr AS ?x) ...
15:47:02 [kasei]
ack kasei
15:47:34 [AndyS]
q+
15:47:49 [kasei]
except that GROUP BY (expr) wouldn't cause an extra variable binding
15:48:45 [NickH]
sorry, having trouble hearing/understanding this bit
15:49:57 [NickH]
SteveH: there could be a variety of different things happening after the SELECT
15:50:27 [NickH]
AndyS: if you do SELECT COUNT(*) then there is an implicit grouping
15:50:37 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: The GROUP BY clause can include expressions with or without AS aliases. These aliases can be re-used in the HAVING clause and query result clause (i.e. SELECT or CONSTRUCT clause). projections created in the SELECT clause are not accessible for GROUP BY expressions.
15:50:49 [Zakim]
-NickH
15:50:59 [NickH]
stupid phone
15:51:05 [cbuilara]
sure
15:51:42 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I do not see any objection, vote proposal
15:51:43 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:51:47 [kasei]
+1
15:51:53 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:51:54 [OlivierCorby]
+1
15:51:54 [MattPerry]
+1
15:51:55 [AndyS]
+1
15:51:56 [ivan]
0
15:51:58 [cbuilara]
0
15:52:03 [NickH]
+1
15:52:07 [pgearon]
+1
15:52:18 [cbuilara]
8 +1, 2 abstentions
15:52:22 [NickH]
Zakim, ??P27 is me
15:52:22 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
15:52:43 [cbuilara]
sorry, 7 +1
15:52:44 [AxelPolleres]
7/2/0
15:53:05 [NickH]
Axel: I guess we can accept it
15:53:08 [SteveH]
8/2/0, I didn't say anything
15:53:10 [kasei]
I didn't abstain
15:53:10 [ivan]
forever hold my piece
15:53:25 [NickH]
Axel: anyone want to explain their abstention?
15:53:29 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: The GROUP BY clause can include expressions with or without AS aliases. These aliases can be re-used in the HAVING clause and query result clause (i.e. SELECT or CONSTRUCT clause). projections created in the SELECT clause are not accessible for GROUP BY expressions.
15:54:01 [NickH]
Axel: a few minutes left...
15:54:15 [AxelPolleres]
topic: function library
15:54:25 [NickH]
Axel: see if we can agree anything on the function library
15:54:27 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010OctDec/0188.html
15:54:55 [AxelPolleres]
no objections against including these
15:55:28 [AxelPolleres]
17.4.1 bound .... 17.4.24 NOT EXISTS and EXIST
15:55:34 [NickH]
Axel: we have a set of functions already in the current draft that are non-controversial
15:55:48 [AxelPolleres]
plus RAND() RAND (seed)
15:56:24 [NickH]
Axel: would there be any objection to the functions in Lee's email?
15:56:40 [NickH]
Axel: silence is taken as agreement
15:56:54 [AxelPolleres]
fn:concat
15:57:20 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-concat
15:57:20 [NickH]
Axel: there was some discussion about concat, and if it needs to be redefined for SPARQL
15:57:27 [SteveH]
we have variable arity already
15:57:49 [NickH]
AndyS: the problem with concat is that it takes an existing type and casts it to string
15:58:07 [AndyS]
s/existing/xsd atomicType/
15:58:19 [SteveH]
I think we should use fn:concat as is
15:58:28 [NickH]
Axel: it would mean rather than casting to string, it would use our special string function
15:58:30 [SteveH]
but not for +
15:58:35 [AxelPolleres]
AXEL: CONCAT() would be either implicitly use STR() or only acccept strings
15:59:43 [NickH]
AndyS: it can either only accept a string or it can blow up
16:00:14 [NickH]
Axel: there are two options to add our own function
16:00:23 [AxelPolleres]
variable arity is fine
16:00:35 [ivan]
q+
16:00:39 [AndyS]
q-
16:00:52 [NickH]
Axel: we are running out of time, going to finish the queue
16:00:56 [AxelPolleres]
ack AndyS
16:01:23 [ivan]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-rif-dtb-20100622/
16:01:28 [AndyS]
q+
16:01:37 [ivan]
ack ivan
16:01:41 [NickH]
Ivan: the RIF people have already been through this, can't we just use their definition
16:02:24 [NickH]
Axel: there are no errors in RIF, but SPARQL does have errors, so we can return an error
16:02:50 [NickH]
Ivan: there should be compatibility between RIF and SPARQL
16:03:36 [SteveH]
+1 to using a similar set of functions as RIF
16:03:41 [NickH]
Ivan: I understand that there are semantic different, but if I was a dumb user, I would want them to behave in the same way
16:03:53 [SteveH]
or at least a similar set of names
16:04:30 [NickH]
Axel: the things that are mentioned in Lee's email do not contrdict that
16:05:14 [ivan]
zakim, drop me
16:05:14 [Zakim]
Ivan is being disconnected
16:05:16 [Zakim]
-Ivan
16:05:19 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
16:05:20 [Zakim]
-SteveH
16:05:22 [Zakim]
-kasei
16:05:22 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to take functions discussion on email.
16:05:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-333 - Take functions discussion on email. [on Axel Polleres - due 2010-11-23].
16:05:23 [Zakim]
-OlivierCorby
16:05:25 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
16:05:26 [Zakim]
-pgearon
16:05:29 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
16:05:35 [SteveH]
AndyS, why are you in favour of type strictness for CONCAT()?
16:05:42 [SteveH]
maybe I'm missing something
16:05:44 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
16:05:54 [cbuilara1]
cbuilara1 has joined #sparql
16:06:10 [cbuilara1]
cbuilara1 has left #sparql
16:06:15 [AndyS]
I'm not - was expressing alternatives as I recall discussion
16:06:18 [NickH]
Axel: sorry about calling you Alex! Im not the best at typing fast!
16:06:24 [SteveH]
AndyS, ah, ok
16:06:24 [Zakim]
-AndyS
16:06:30 [cbuilara1]
cbuilara1 has joined #sparql
16:06:58 [Zakim]
-NickH
16:06:59 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
16:07:01 [AndyS]
We are strict for REGEX, say.
16:07:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.310.729.aaaa, AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, Ivan, +33.4.92.38.aabb, +1.603.897.aacc, MattPerry, NickH, cbuilara, OlivierCorby, pgearon, +44.208.439.aadd, SteveH
16:07:32 [AndyS]
I do think strict for + makes sense as a conservative spec choice.
16:07:41 [NickH]
Axel: I think it was the UK phone number gateway that kept disconnecting me - it is still far from ideal
16:16:21 [OlivierCorby]
OlivierCorby has left #sparql
16:20:55 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
16:21:20 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #sparql
16:27:27 [cbuilara1]
cbuilara1 has left #sparql
18:10:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
19:02:03 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
20:24:41 [ericP]
LeeF (or anyone), do you know how to invoke the an xmlspec transformation to give a WD instead of an editor's draft?
20:59:03 [kasei]
ericP: I'm not sure if it's multiple things, but I think this covers the process: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Pub-Process
20:59:24 [kasei]
either ENTITY maturity.level, or spec w3c-doctype="wd", or some combination...
21:09:14 [ericP]
kasei, rock. tx!
21:24:51 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
21:27:29 [wsirc_735156]
wsirc_735156 has joined #sparql
21:57:06 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql