IRC log of egov on 2010-11-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:57:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
11:57:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-irc
11:57:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:57:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
11:57:32 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
11:57:33 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
11:57:33 [trackbot]
Date: 05 November 2010
11:57:54 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Nov/0002.html
11:57:58 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Michael
11:58:08 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:58:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:58:14 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:01:05 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has now started
12:03:20 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
12:03:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
12:03:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, mhausenblas, MacTed, Zakim, sandro, trackbot
12:04:30 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list attendees
12:04:30 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been (none)
12:05:12 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Zakim seems to think no one is around, though both Brand and I are
12:05:22 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
12:05:41 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
12:05:53 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: accept http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/meeting/Project_3/2010-10-15
12:05:59 [mhausenblas]
Brand: fine with me
12:06:02 [Brand]
Brand has joined #egov
12:06:38 [Brand]
+1
12:06:45 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/meeting/Project_3/2010-10-15 have been accepted
12:06:58 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-116?
12:06:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-116 -- Brand Niemann to contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge -- due 2010-10-22 -- OPEN
12:06:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/actions/116
12:07:05 [Brand]
I'd be glad to speak more about the project, Brand, but I'm afraid I wont be able to join this call. I will review the links, though, and hope that you might have time for a one on one conversation soon.
12:07:31 [mhausenblas]
(Tom Lee's reply)
12:07:59 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-116
12:07:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-116 Contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge closed
12:09:35 [Brand]
http://www.data.gov/conference
12:09:41 [mhausenblas]
Michael: involve http://www.okfn.org/?
12:10:24 [mhausenblas]
Brand: yes
12:10:44 [Brand]
Tim McNamara said: I've been working with a few government spreadsheets. Their quality is ...variable. I've spent some time cleaning things up, however departments seem to be very reluctant to updating their records with something infected from the outside world. Do you think that there is any scope for CKAN to hold blobs of data as alternative sources?
12:11:12 [Brand]
Brand said I have focused on working with a number of US government data spreadsheets with high quality that are updated regularly and would not suggest using blobs of data as alternatives since one looses the ability to do analytics/statistics on those data. See http://semanticommunity.net/
12:11:39 [Brand]
For: My 'user story': I have a spreadsheet that I've cleaned up and want to provide back to the community so that the clean-up process doesn't need to be repeated. I want to upload that somewhere easily and forget about it. I use Spotfire to store the cleaned up spreadsheets, do statistics and visualizations, and provide back to the commmunity as CSV downl
12:12:20 [mhausenblas]
present+ Michael
12:12:25 [mhausenblas]
present+ Brand
12:12:34 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:12:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:13:14 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
12:13:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
12:13:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Brand, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, MacTed, Zakim, sandro, trackbot
12:16:19 [mhausenblas]
present+ Charly
12:16:19 [Brand]
http://innovativequery.com
12:17:38 [mhausenblas]
s/Charly/Charlie
12:18:17 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:18:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:20:24 [Charlie]
Charlie has joined #egov
12:20:34 [mhausenblas]
welcome Charlie!
12:21:08 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:22:05 [Charlie]
Super, thanks.
12:23:03 [mhausenblas]
http://www.data.gov/conference
12:25:02 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Hausenblas to invite OKFN for org
12:25:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-119 - Invite OKFN for org [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-11-12].
12:26:02 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
12:26:29 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
12:26:35 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has ended
12:26:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were
12:26:44 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
12:26:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
12:26:44 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
12:26:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
12:26:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html trackbot
12:26:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
12:26:46 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-actions.rdf :
12:26:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Hausenblas to invite OKFN for org [1]
12:26:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-irc#T12-25-02