IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-11-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:03:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:03:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/11/02-soap-jms-irc
16:03:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:03:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:03:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:03:39 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
16:03:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:03:40 [trackbot]
Date: 02 November 2010
16:03:44 [padams]
Zakim, who is here?
16:03:44 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, padams
16:03:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Derek, peaston, eric, mphillip1, padams, trackbot, Yves
16:04:19 [mphillip1]
trackbot, start telcon
16:04:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:04:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:04:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start 4 minutes ago
16:04:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:04:24 [trackbot]
Date: 02 November 2010
16:04:35 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
16:04:35 [mphillip1]
Zakim, who is here?
16:04:35 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, eric
16:04:37 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, mphillip1
16:04:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Derek, peaston, eric, mphillip1, padams, trackbot, Yves
16:04:54 [mphillip1]
Zakim, this is [will be] WS_SOAP-JM
16:04:54 [Zakim]
sorry, mphillip1, I do not see a conference named '[will be] WS_SOAP-JM' in progress or scheduled at this time
16:05:02 [mphillip1]
Zakim, this is WS_SOAP-JM
16:05:02 [Zakim]
ok, mphillip1; that matches WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM
16:05:17 [mphillip1]
Zakim, list
16:05:17 [Zakim]
I see IA_WebApps(TPAC)4:00AM, XML_QueryWG(XQUERY)3:30AM, WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM, W3C_AC(*)8:00AM, IA_MFWG(TPAC)3:00AM, WAI_EOWG(EOWG)3:30AM, Team_(forms)12:33Z active
16:05:20 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are T&S_XMLSEC(TPAC)3:00AM, WAI_PFWG(WAIPF)3:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM
16:05:25 [mphillip1]
Zakim, who is here?
16:05:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see padams, Derek, +1.781.280.aaaa, mphillip, eric
16:05:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Derek, peaston, eric, mphillip1, padams, trackbot, Yves
16:06:08 [mphillip1]
Chair: Eric
16:06:25 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:06:26 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:06:30 [mphillip1]
Scribe: Mark
16:06:41 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:52 [mphillip1]
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/19-soap-jms-minutes.html
16:06:59 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:07:27 [mphillip1]
Minutes are approved without modification
16:07:36 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:08:00 [mphillip1]
No amendments to agenda
16:08:09 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Administrative items
16:08:49 [mphillip1]
DST changes - US adjusts clock this week so back to normal next time
16:09:22 [mphillip1]
Week of Thanksgiving in US: Amy will not be available, but all other attendees expect to be here
16:09:46 [mphillip1]
We will see prior to the call whether it is worth having a meeting
16:11:17 [mphillip1]
Between Christmas and New Year Eric Mark, and Peter will definitely not be available
16:11:31 [mphillip1]
RESOLUTION: We will not have a meeting between Christmas and New Year
16:12:25 [mphillip1]
Eric: Charter for the workgroup runs until end of 2010, so producing a PR before then would be advantageous, but the W3C may tolerate an extension as long as the group is making progress
16:12:37 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:12:56 [mphillip1]
Eric: 181 is complete - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Nov/0000.html
16:13:01 [mphillip1]
close action-181
16:13:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-181 Fix broken link on landing page closed
16:13:40 [mphillip1]
Eric: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/193 - would like to declare complete
16:14:05 [mphillip1]
we are on tract to declare provisional URI
16:14:11 [mphillip1]
close action-193
16:14:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-193 Investigate provisional uri process and how we would move forward after that closed
16:14:42 [mphillip1]
Eric: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/218 - has sent proposal for variant registry to mailing liost
16:14:46 [mphillip1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Oct/0031.html
16:15:48 [mphillip1]
close action-218
16:15:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-218 Report back to the group on options for IANA registration of JMS variants closed
16:15:59 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Specification Issues
16:16:02 [mphillip1]
No new issues
16:16:12 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: Moving to PR (via CR? & LC)
16:16:23 [mphillip1]
Eric: What do we need to do for test cases?
16:17:03 [mphillip1]
Peter: Will check the test cases are up to date
16:17:14 [mphillip1]
action peter to check the test cases are up to date
16:17:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-219 - Check the test cases are up to date [on Peter Easton - due 2010-11-09].
16:17:30 [mphillip1]
Eric: Any updates to the FAQ?
16:18:21 [mphillip1]
action Eric to review the FAQ
16:18:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-220 - Review the FAQ [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-11-09].
16:19:07 [mphillip1]
Eric: Shall we get the PR version of the doc ready?
16:20:13 [mphillip1]
Eric: Need to update the status of the document, change the URIs etc.
16:21:59 [mphillip1]
Eric: Suggest we wait a week or two then take an action to create a new PR copy
16:23:29 [mphillip1]
Eric: Next step is getting two implementations
16:23:40 [mphillip1]
Peter: Does IBM WAS support JAX-WS
16:23:47 [mphillip1]
Phil: Yes, it does
16:24:23 [mphillip1]
Peter: So that might be the closest option - tesing the WAS server against a CXF client
16:25:06 [mphillip1]
Derek: How would this work - set up VPN to a common server?
16:25:54 [mphillip1]
Eric: Should be sufficent to use (open source) CXF talking to another implementation, to work through the test cases
16:26:50 [mphillip1]
Eric: It is sufficent for us to assert to the W3C that the tests have been run and passed
16:27:26 [mphillip1]
Derek: Wouldn't it be better to have a portable test suite / WSDL etc. that all vendors could run
16:28:06 [mphillip1]
Phil: We agreed that we'd define the test suite but not create a common implementation of the tests
16:29:01 [mphillip1]
Peter: Should be possible to plug vendor's JMS implementations into CXF so that CXF test suite can talk to 3rd party vendors
16:33:35 [mphillip1]
Peter: Using the CXF test suite is straightforward if you know Maven and can buid
16:37:27 [mphillip1]
Discussion on allocation of test work
16:40:23 [mphillip1]
action Peter to send some orientation material on getting started and running CXF SOAP/JMS tests to Phil
16:40:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-221 - Send some orientation material on getting started and running CXF SOAP/JMS tests to Phil [on Peter Easton - due 2010-11-09].
16:46:41 [mphillip1]
Derek: Are the CXF test cases a full implementation of the SOAP/JMS tests?
16:46:54 [mphillip1]
Peter: Yes - apart from WSDL 2.0
16:49:14 [padams]
Phil needs to drop off the call... I'll assume an action item for me will be created for looking into the testing of WAS and CXF... see you all next week :)
16:49:17 [Zakim]
-padams
16:49:19 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
16:51:50 [mphillip1]
action Derek to review the CXF tests to see if they can be tested against a Software AG implementation
16:51:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-222 - Review the CXF tests to see if they can be tested against a Software AG implementation [on Derek Rokicki - due 2010-11-09].
16:52:38 [mphillip1]
action Phil to Look into building and running the CXF tests against WAS
16:52:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-223 - Look into building and running the CXF tests against WAS [on Phil Adams - due 2010-11-09].
16:52:48 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: URI scheme
16:53:17 [mphillip1]
IETF is starting a new working group to take one-off RFCs like ours and help them through the process
16:53:43 [mphillip1]
Eric: IETF is closed for submitting new drafts until next Monday
16:54:10 [mphillip1]
Eric: Will aim to have a new draft for submission next week.
16:54:45 [mphillip1]
Eric: Has discussed IETF copyright with Oracle - still trying to progress this issue
16:55:36 [mphillip1]
Eric: There is an IETF apps mailing list where this is discussed
16:56:08 [mphillip1]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss
16:56:26 [mphillip1]
TOPIC: AOB
16:56:39 [mphillip1]
None
16:56:42 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:56:46 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:56:47 [Zakim]
-eric
16:56:48 [Zakim]
- +1.781.280.aaaa
16:56:49 [Zakim]
-mphillip
16:56:49 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:56:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were padams, Derek, +1.781.280.aaaa, mphillip, eric, alewis
16:57:05 [mphillip1]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/11/02-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip1
16:57:28 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:41:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms