IRC log of webfonts on 2010-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webfonts
19:51:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to
19:51:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:51:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webfonts
19:51:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3668
19:51:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_Fonts()4:00PM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
19:51:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: WebFonts Working Group Teleconference
19:51:10 [trackbot]
Date: 27 October 2010
19:57:06 [jfkthame_afk]
jfkthame_afk has joined #webfonts
19:58:22 [Zakim]
IA_Fonts()4:00PM has now started
19:58:30 [Zakim]
+ +44.184.426.aaaa
19:58:58 [jfkthame]
zakim, aaaa is jfkthame
19:58:59 [Zakim]
+jfkthame; got it
19:59:04 [Vlad]
Vlad has joined #webfonts
19:59:22 [John]
John has joined #webfonts
19:59:24 [ChrisL]
jfkthame, i just checked in an update of woff with the ids and classes
19:59:37 [jfkthame]
ChrisL: great, thanks
19:59:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.970.aabb
19:59:41 [ChrisL]
it has ugly formatting so i can see what I am doing
19:59:45 [jfkthame]
20:00:05 [ChrisL]
normative/informative references and markup prettifying not done yet
20:00:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.250.247.aacc
20:00:13 [jfkthame]
20:00:20 [ChrisL]
zakim, code?
20:00:20 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3668 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.203.318.0479), ChrisL
20:01:14 [Zakim]
20:01:30 [sylvaing]
sylvaing has joined #webfonts
20:01:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.536.aadd
20:01:45 [ChrisL]
zakim, aadd is cslye
20:01:45 [Zakim]
+cslye; got it
20:01:47 [John]
zakim, aacc is John
20:01:47 [Zakim]
+John; got it
20:01:51 [cslye]
cslye has joined #webfonts
20:01:57 [Zakim]
20:02:11 [sylvaing]
Zakim, [Microsoft] has sylvaing
20:02:11 [Zakim]
+sylvaing; got it
20:03:03 [ChrisL]
zakim, who is here?
20:03:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jfkthame, +1.781.970.aabb, John, ChrisL, cslye, [Microsoft]
20:03:05 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has sylvaing
20:03:06 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cslye, sylvaing, John, Vlad, jfkthame, Zakim, RRSAgent, ChrisL, trackbot
20:03:33 [ChrisL]
zakim, aabb is Vlad
20:03:33 [Zakim]
+Vlad; got it
20:03:42 [ChrisL]
scribe: ChrisL
20:03:49 [ChrisL]
topic: finalize agenda
20:03:59 [ChrisL]
20:04:26 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: anyone in WG can add items
20:05:30 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: checked in a modified spec with all conformance statements fitted with class and id
20:05:49 [ChrisL]
topic: open actions
20:05:51 [ChrisL]
20:06:09 [ChrisL]
20:06:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 -- Jonathan Kew to split intro to remove these requirements and insert them into a new section, "normative references" -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN
20:06:09 [trackbot]
20:06:43 [ChrisL]
jfkthame: pending, talked with chris
20:06:55 [ChrisL]
20:06:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 -- Jonathan Kew to verify whether, with zlib, it's possible to have a stream that allows an EOF midstream, so extra data can be padded on mid-stream. -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN
20:06:55 [trackbot]
20:07:00 [Zakim]
20:07:10 [ChrisL]
jfkthame: still open
20:07:11 [sergeym]
sergeym has joined #webfonts
20:07:18 [ChrisL]
20:07:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-24 -- Jonathan Kew to work with Chris L on reformatting footnotes section into normative and non normative references -- due 2010-08-24 -- OPEN
20:07:18 [trackbot]
20:08:00 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: discussed on phone, in progress
20:08:16 [ChrisL]
20:08:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 -- Chris Lilley to write up a test suite plan -- due 2010-08-25 -- OPEN
20:08:16 [trackbot]
20:08:23 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: in progress
20:08:32 [ChrisL]
20:08:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 -- John Hudson to review woff faq with chris and vlad -- due 2010-10-06 -- OPEN
20:08:32 [trackbot]
20:08:56 [ChrisL]
John: was it ok?
20:09:02 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: yes, great
20:09:26 [ChrisL]
John: will sent to wg. need to list benefits of test suite
20:09:43 [ChrisL]
Vlad: also split benefits of webfonts in general and woff in particular
20:10:01 [ChrisL]
20:10:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-33 -- Chris Lilley to write up the proposed text for WOFF processing model -- due 2010-10-27 -- OPEN
20:10:01 [trackbot]
20:10:14 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: not yet
20:10:31 [ChrisL]
20:10:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-35 -- Jonathan Kew to add the language expalining that attributes with 'id' as a name should not be treated as element ids. -- due 2010-10-27 -- OPEN
20:10:31 [trackbot]
20:10:37 [ChrisL]
Vlad: editorial
20:10:55 [ChrisL]
Vlad: ok so that is all the open actions
20:11:09 [ChrisL]
20:11:26 [ChrisL]
Review WOFF spec text before Last Call
20:11:26 [ChrisL]
Minuted decision to go to Last Call
20:11:26 [ChrisL]
Review test plan, allocate actions for test creation
20:11:26 [ChrisL]
Meet with I18N, CSS WGs
20:11:26 [ChrisL]
Check with other WGs on length of review period for last call.
20:11:27 [ChrisL]
Demo of WOFF validator?
20:12:16 [ChrisL]
Vlad: no link to the wiki from the wb page
20:12:20 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: will add
20:13:26 [ChrisL]
sylvaing: conflict between svg and webfonts
20:13:38 [ChrisL]
sylvaing: thursday pm is FX TF also
20:13:59 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: yes I will be hopping from one meeting to another
20:14:56 [ChrisL]
ChrisL: will probably do mornings in webfonts and afternoons with svg
20:15:26 [ChrisL]
Vlad: need to check with I18N and CSS WGs, also length of LC review
20:15:37 [ChrisL]
Vlad: is Tal at TPAC?
20:15:56 [ChrisL]
cslye: about joint meetings - is that in our timeslot or another time
20:16:03 [ChrisL]
Vlad: in our slot
20:16:36 [ChrisL]
Vlad: tal is not registered, maybe he can call in
20:16:47 [ChrisL]
regrets: tal, dave
20:16:55 [cslye]
Follow-up: Do those WGs come in with their own agenda, or do we settle something ahead of time?
20:17:13 [ChrisL]
cslye: can be either way, depends
20:18:09 [ChrisL]
ChrisL (explains bad standing)
20:18:46 [ChrisL]
Vlad: so far its not needed
20:19:12 [ChrisL]
Vlad: anything else to add?
20:19:28 [ChrisL]
John: clear what room to go to?
20:19:40 [ChrisL]
ChrisL; ask at the info desk, they will direct you
20:21:30 [ChrisL]
cslye: got a travel advisory on Lyon
20:21:46 [ChrisL]
ChrisL (explains about train strikes and demos/rioting)
20:22:02 [ChrisL]
Vlad: planned strike on nov 6, rumour
20:23:03 [ChrisL]
vlad: (reviews list of attendees for tpac)
20:23:12 [ChrisL]
John: adam will probably be there
20:23:37 [ChrisL]
Vlad: need to pay more for late registration
20:23:50 [ChrisL]
Vlad: ok, that sit for today, see you next week
20:23:53 [ChrisL]
20:23:56 [Zakim]
20:23:59 [Zakim]
20:24:00 [Zakim]
20:24:01 [Zakim]
20:24:02 [Zakim]
20:24:02 [cslye]
cslye has left #webfonts
20:24:03 [Zakim]
20:24:03 [Zakim]
IA_Fonts()4:00PM has ended
20:24:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were +44.184.426.aaaa, jfkthame, +1.781.970.aabb, +1.250.247.aacc, ChrisL, +1.408.536.aadd, cslye, John, sylvaing, Vlad, [Microsoft]
20:24:06 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:24:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate ChrisL
20:31:19 [jfkthame]
jfkthame has left #webfonts
22:28:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webfonts