IRC log of poiwg on 2010-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:46:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #poiwg
12:46:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/27-poiwg-irc
12:46:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:46:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #poiwg
12:46:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be UW_POI
12:46:39 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_POI(POIWG)9:00AM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
12:46:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: Points of Interest Working Group Teleconference
12:46:40 [trackbot]
Date: 27 October 2010
12:46:52 [matt]
zakim, ping me in 13 minutes
12:46:52 [Zakim]
ok, matt
12:49:56 [marengo]
marengo has joined #poiwg
12:53:54 [jdesmit]
jdesmit has joined #poiwg
12:57:08 [ajbraun]
ajbraun has joined #poiwg
12:57:09 [Zakim]
UW_POI(POIWG)9:00AM has now started
12:57:17 [Zakim]
+ +31.30.230.aaaa
12:57:19 [Zakim]
+Vinnie_Reynolds
12:57:22 [Zakim]
- +31.30.230.aaaa
12:57:23 [Zakim]
+ +31.30.230.aaaa
12:57:35 [ggale]
ggale has joined #poiwg
12:58:04 [Zakim]
-Vinnie_Reynolds
12:58:27 [Zakim]
+ +39.011.228.aabb
12:58:30 [jlemorda]
jlemorda has joined #poiwg
12:58:34 [matt]
zakim, code?
12:58:34 [Zakim]
the conference code is 76494 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), matt
12:58:38 [marengo]
Zakim, aabb is me
12:58:38 [Zakim]
+marengo; got it
12:58:40 [Zakim]
+Andy
12:58:44 [marengo]
Zakim, mute me
12:58:44 [Zakim]
marengo was already muted, marengo
12:58:58 [Zakim]
+Matt
12:59:00 [Zakim]
+Gary
12:59:11 [ajbraun]
Good morning
12:59:12 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:59:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +31.30.230.aaaa (muted), marengo (muted), Andy (muted), Gary (muted), Matt (muted)
12:59:18 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
12:59:18 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
12:59:20 [ggale]
Just joined
12:59:37 [ajbraun]
zakim, unmute
12:59:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmute', ajbraun
12:59:37 [jdesmit]
zakim, unmute me
12:59:38 [Zakim]
sorry, jdesmit, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:59:42 [Ronald]
Ronald has joined #poiwg
12:59:50 [matt]
zakim, aaaa is jdesmit
12:59:50 [Zakim]
+jdesmit; got it
12:59:51 [ggale]
How do I unmute me?
12:59:53 [Zakim]
matt, you asked to be pinged at this time
12:59:55 [ajbraun]
zakim, unmute me
12:59:55 [Zakim]
sorry, ajbraun, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:59:55 [matt]
zakim, unmute jdesmit
12:59:56 [Zakim]
jdesmit should no longer be muted
13:00:06 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:00:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit, marengo (muted), Andy (muted), Gary (muted), Matt
13:00:13 [Zakim]
+Jacques
13:00:15 [matt]
zakim, unmute andy
13:00:15 [Zakim]
Andy should no longer be muted
13:00:19 [Zakim]
+Karl
13:00:19 [ggale]
zakim, unmute me
13:00:20 [Zakim]
sorry, ggale, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:00:29 [matt]
zakim, unmute gary
13:00:29 [Zakim]
Gary should no longer be muted
13:00:42 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:00:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit, marengo (muted), Andy, Gary, Matt, Jacques (muted), Karl (muted)
13:00:44 [Zakim]
+Vinnie_Reynolds
13:00:47 [matt]
zakim, unmute all
13:00:47 [Zakim]
sorry, matt, I do not know which phone connection belongs to all
13:00:54 [Karl_]
Karl_ has joined #poiwg
13:00:56 [matt]
zakim, unmute jacques
13:00:56 [Zakim]
Jacques should no longer be muted
13:01:06 [Karl_]
karl seiler in on the call
13:01:17 [matt]
zakim, unmute karl
13:01:17 [Zakim]
Karl should no longer be muted
13:01:21 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:01:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit, marengo (muted), Andy, Gary, Matt, Jacques, Karl, Vinnie_Reynolds (muted)
13:01:36 [matt]
zakim, unmute vinnie
13:01:36 [Zakim]
Vinnie_Reynolds should no longer be muted
13:01:38 [marengo]
zakim, unmute me
13:01:38 [Zakim]
marengo should no longer be muted
13:01:50 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:02:05 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:02:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit, marengo, Andy, Gary, Matt, Jacques, Karl, Vinnie_Reynolds, [IPcaller] (muted)
13:02:09 [matt]
zakim, unmute ipcaller
13:02:09 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] should no longer be muted
13:02:20 [matt]
zakim, ipcaller is Ronald
13:02:20 [Zakim]
+Ronald; got it
13:02:42 [matt]
zakim, mute me
13:02:42 [Zakim]
Matt should now be muted
13:03:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:03:10 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:03:10 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:03:11 [danbri]
zakim, [IPcaller] is danbri
13:03:12 [Zakim]
+danbri; got it
13:03:41 [matt]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:03:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit, marengo, Andy, Gary, Matt, Jacques, Karl, Vinnie_Reynolds, Ronald, danbri (muted)
13:04:10 [matt]
Scribe: jdesmit
13:04:34 [matt]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-poiwg/2010Oct/0049
13:04:43 [matt]
zakim, mute me
13:04:43 [Zakim]
Matt should now be muted
13:04:43 [jdesmit]
ajbarun: walks through the agenda
13:04:53 [ggale]
Really bad echo on the line
13:05:00 [Ronald]
zakim, mute me
13:05:00 [Zakim]
Ronald should now be muted
13:05:08 [matt]
zakim, who is noisy?
13:05:13 [matt]
Topic: The Wiki
13:05:23 [Zakim]
matt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: jdesmit (70%), Andy (60%), Jacques (11%)
13:06:09 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: re-iterates jdesmit's proposal how to handle editing the terminology wiki
13:06:11 [matt]
q+
13:06:18 [ggale]
+1 to that suggestion
13:06:34 [danbri]
+1 public is good!
13:06:43 [matt]
ACTION: ajbraun to send out mail describing mailing list usage
13:06:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ajbraun
13:06:49 [matt]
ACTION: andy to send out mail describing mailing list usage
13:06:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - andy
13:06:52 [danbri]
public makes things easier to find in search engines, link from blogs/twitter etc, which will help outreach etc
13:06:53 [matt]
ACTION: andrew to send out mail describing mailing list usage
13:06:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Send out mail describing mailing list usage [on Andrew Braun - due 2010-11-03].
13:06:56 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:06:56 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:06:59 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: proposes to do as much discussion on the public list
13:07:27 [jdesmit]
matt: only use member mailing list for arranging f2f and such; stuff that is REALLY only relevant to member
13:08:11 [matt]
zakim, mute me
13:08:11 [Zakim]
Matt should now be muted
13:08:13 [matt]
q-
13:08:21 [jdesmit]
matt: issues that need resolution when there is a problem that needs a resolution, that's member list. the rest is public list
13:08:38 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:08:38 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:08:41 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: even updating the wiki and getting the word out is good for the public list
13:10:18 [vinod]
vinod has joined #poiwg
13:10:23 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=45386&public=1 Participant list
13:10:25 [jdesmit]
matt: you can set up watchlists for the wiki if you want to track something
13:10:55 [jdesmit]
??: is the wiki editable by all?
13:11:07 [jdesmit]
matt: no, only WG members
13:11:11 [matt]
s/??/Gary/
13:11:49 [jdesmit]
matt: we will need to decide how to organize the wiki, but it's working out ok now. future action item though
13:12:03 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Agenda
13:12:55 [jdesmit]
matt: Andy put up a page with all the agendas. you can edit the agenda if you have items and Andy will finalize it ~ 48hrs before the next call
13:13:34 [matt]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:13:44 [Zakim]
matt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: jdesmit (56%), Matt (46%)
13:14:27 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: sent out a proposal for face to face 8-9 december in Atlanta
13:14:40 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/45386/POIWG-F2F-2010/ Poll for F2F in Atlanta
13:15:00 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: would like to get a feeling for how many people will attend, please fill in the poll
13:15:36 [jdesmit]
ggale: can't make it that week. the week of the 13th would suit me better
13:16:07 [danbri]
(though I won't be able to make the trip, I know that...)
13:16:29 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: would be good if we know what we're up to before the next call
13:16:45 [ggale]
Idealistic but it would be good if we could *all* be there ... would achieve much more IMHO
13:17:24 [jdesmit]
jdesmit: can't make it either if it's that weel
13:17:24 [Ronald]
For me a week later (13th) would be a bit better as well
13:17:35 [jdesmit]
ronald: would like the 13th better as well
13:17:39 [ggale]
Suggestion ... if there's too much dissent on the f2f meeting ... we could push it to early 2011 after the New Year festivities
13:17:50 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: later may cause us trouble with holidays and all
13:17:57 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:17:57 [Zakim]
Matt was not muted, matt
13:18:02 [matt]
zakim, mute me
13:18:02 [Zakim]
Matt should now be muted
13:18:08 [matt]
Topic: Action Item Review
13:18:26 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Terminology Terminology
13:18:30 [ggale]
+q
13:18:43 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: started a terminology wiki
13:18:47 [matt]
ack next
13:18:58 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:18:58 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:19:11 [matt]
zakim, mute me
13:19:11 [Zakim]
Matt should now be muted
13:19:24 [matt]
zakim, who is noisy?
13:19:37 [Zakim]
matt, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: jdesmit (16%)
13:19:42 [vin]
vin has joined #poiwg
13:19:44 [ajbraun]
matt, Need to head out. I think the terminology is a good start
13:19:56 [matt]
Chair: Andy, Matt
13:20:01 [jdesmit]
ggale: started the wiki page by going through old conversations
13:20:14 [matt]
q+ to address the questions from mail
13:20:26 [Zakim]
-Andy
13:20:26 [jdesmit]
ggale: probably some gaps in it, definitely a WIP, hopefully will grow in the next weeks
13:20:28 [matt]
zakim, umute me
13:20:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'umute me', matt
13:20:36 [matt]
zakim, unmute me
13:20:36 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:20:42 [jdesmit]
ajbraun: was a good start
13:21:01 [ajbraun]
bye to all sorry for the speedy exit. ANSWER the POLL please
13:21:04 [jdesmit]
matt: takes over chairing from Andy who got another meeting
13:21:32 [vin]
I'm having trouble dialling in. I'm temporarily in a new home, and have no international call privelages. my colleague vinod is here though who can answer questions on my behalf
13:21:35 [jdesmit]
matt: mail from Christine: what was the purpose of the terminology wiki?
13:22:00 [matt]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-poiwg/2010Oct/0022.html Jens reply
13:22:21 [ajbraun]
Try calling through google chat should be free to US number
13:22:40 [jdesmit]
ggale: jens' email summarizes my proposal: the terminology is for within the group
13:23:26 [ggale]
+1 for reviewing action items
13:23:52 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/track/actions Tracker actions
13:24:12 [matt]
"ACTION-4"
13:24:31 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/track/actions/4 Action 4
13:24:32 [ggale]
Mea culpa .... will know for next time
13:24:45 [jdesmit]
matt: going over how to work with action items when typing e-mails
13:24:48 [Karl_]
+q
13:24:54 [matt]
close ACTION-4
13:24:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 Start terminology page on POI wiki closed
13:25:02 [ggale]
Yay!
13:25:15 [jdesmit]
matt: shows how to close an action item through irc
13:25:50 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/track/actions/open Open Action Items
13:26:02 [matt]
ack me
13:26:02 [Zakim]
matt, you wanted to address the questions from mail
13:26:02 [matt]
ack
13:26:03 [matt]
karl
13:26:07 [matt]
ack karl
13:26:41 [jdesmit]
Karl_: about ACTION-3, not sure if my spreadsheet got through to the rest because permissions had not been setup yet
13:26:46 [jdesmit]
matt: did not see it...
13:27:25 [jdesmit]
Karl_: can I send it through again?
13:27:49 [jdesmit]
matt: send it through the public mailing list or the wiki. If it's not too big, do it on the list
13:28:17 [matt]
close ACTION-5
13:28:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 Introduce Matt and Andy to Korean potential IEs closed
13:28:25 [matt]
ACTION: matt to follow-up on Korean contacts
13:28:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Follow-up on Korean contacts [on Matt Womer - due 2010-11-03].
13:28:55 [Karl_]
ACTION-3 sent to member email
13:29:41 [Ronald]
got the mail
13:30:02 [matt]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-poiwg/2010Oct/0058.html Karl's action item
13:30:34 [jdesmit]
Karl_: sent the results of ACTION-3
13:30:41 [jdesmit]
matt: shall we walk through it?
13:31:20 [jdesmit]
Karl_: 4 categories; Search, Destination Selection, B2B, Informational
13:31:27 [matt]
ACTION: Karl to move usecases XLS to wiki
13:31:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Move usecases XLS to wiki [on Karl Seiler - due 2010-11-03].
13:32:01 [jdesmit]
matt: go through it one by one?
13:32:15 [jdesmit]
Karl_: let's not take call time for that, but everybody please read through it
13:32:41 [jdesmit]
ACTION: all to read Karl's use cases once on the wiki
13:32:41 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - all
13:32:46 [matt]
Topic: AOB
13:33:22 [jdesmit]
matt: time to start thinking about what we're going to be producing
13:33:28 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/charter/ Charter
13:33:42 [jdesmit]
matt: charter is mostly a stake in the ground to get going from
13:34:33 [ggale]
+q
13:34:54 [jdesmit]
matt: charter contains a 'recommendation' and some 'notes'. difference between recommendation and notes is that a recommendation is subject to all the IP hoo-ha of the W3C, notes are less stringent
13:35:35 [Karl_]
lets add that term to the list - "IP hoo-ha"
13:35:47 [jdesmit]
matt: reiterates the deliveables in the charter
13:36:16 [matt]
ack ggale
13:36:55 [jdesmit]
ggale: I have a problem with the phrase "focus on POI use within AR applications"
13:37:20 [jdesmit]
ggale: there are a whole lot of non-AR POI use cases in the real world right now
13:37:37 [jdesmit]
ggale: a focus on AR would be a disservice to the rest of the field
13:37:45 [danbri]
q+ to comment on " This group will primarily focus on POI use within AR applications "
13:37:48 [jdesmit]
matt: AR was the main driver for this group forming
13:38:03 [jdesmit]
matt: we can also add deliverables if we want to
13:38:25 [jdesmit]
matt: that's why the "core" deliverable is formulated AR-free
13:38:33 [jdesmit]
ggale: AR as driver for the WG is new to me
13:38:52 [Karl_]
yes for AR is an example of the need for connectivity, one of many uses, but not the only or core purpose
13:39:20 [matt]
q?
13:39:26 [matt]
ack danbri
13:39:27 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to comment on " This group will primarily focus on POI use within AR applications "
13:39:41 [jdesmit]
ggale: all this AR on the charter might put off people
13:40:39 [Karl_]
so what's the process to amend the charter?
13:40:45 [jdesmit]
matt: we can have a separate AR taskforce or something
13:41:02 [danbri]
what's good for general POI exchange, so long as it's extensible, should be good for AR; and AR is a great sanity-check use case for us
13:41:36 [jdesmit]
matt: I think the "core" is where most of the hard work is going to be done
13:41:42 [ggale]
So does someone want to take a stab at rewording the charter?
13:41:46 [Ronald]
Agree that the core POI should be general, and use AR as a good use case
13:41:53 [jdesmit]
and we really should keep extensibility and mutiple uses in mind
13:42:07 [jdesmit]
matt: don't be put off by the word AR just yet
13:42:19 [jdesmit]
matt: amending the charter already might be a little early
13:42:21 [marengo]
+1 to keep AR in the background (e.g. a use case)
13:42:30 [matt]
q?
13:42:33 [ggale]
Not trying to derail ... merely clarify
13:43:08 [danbri]
I take it along lines of ... "This group will primarily focus on POI re-use; in particular taking AR applications as a source for requirements and for evaluating it's work in a demanding setting." (but +1 on not formally redoing the charter)
13:43:18 [jdesmit]
+1
13:43:20 [Karl_]
q+
13:43:58 [ggale]
Someone's line died
13:43:59 [jdesmit]
matt: previous process that worked is starting with a ToC
13:44:04 [danbri]
matt?
13:44:06 [danbri]
we lost audio
13:44:07 [Zakim]
-Matt
13:44:10 [matt]
zakim, dial matt-voip
13:44:10 [Zakim]
ok, matt; the call is being made
13:44:12 [Zakim]
+Matt
13:44:26 [matt]
zakim,unmute me
13:44:26 [Zakim]
Matt should no longer be muted
13:44:30 [ggale]
I can hear myself on echo so I must still be on the call
13:44:42 [jdesmit]
matt: sorry, phone crashed
13:44:53 [jdesmit]
matt: so, start off with a skeleton ToC/document structure
13:44:55 [Zakim]
-Jacques
13:44:57 [jlemorda]
AR is probably more difficult than non AR?
13:45:08 [Karl_]
q+
13:45:11 [matt]
q?
13:45:18 [matt]
ack next
13:45:25 [jdesmit]
matt: anyone want to volunteer to start on this doc, manage the process?
13:45:46 [jlemorda]
yes
13:45:47 [jdesmit]
Karl_: from the e-mail I gather there's a lot of good existing work that we should use
13:45:49 [matt]
[[I should have started with reviewing what's out there, yikes, sorry]]
13:46:14 [jdesmit]
Karl_: we really should pull together budding standards, emerging POI formats that are in the world out there
13:46:30 [jdesmit]
Karl_: and then as a group do cherry picking on the best ones
13:47:14 [jdesmit]
matt: maybe we want to start a wiki page collecting existing standards?
13:47:45 [Karl_]
right and start the work of extracting pros and cons and best reuse sections
13:48:03 [matt]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Related_Specifications Related Specifications page
13:48:09 [jdesmit]
matt: gonna make a wiki page with related stuff, please make contributions to it
13:48:34 [jdesmit]
matt: don't be shy about adding stuff :)
13:48:36 [Karl_]
+1
13:48:43 [Ronald]
Sounds good
13:49:59 [ajbraun]
ajbraun has joined #poiwg
13:50:25 [jdesmit]
matt: next week is big W3C meeting in France, so no call
13:50:43 [jdesmit]
matt: but, please work through e-mail
13:50:48 [jdesmit]
+q
13:50:51 [matt]
ack next
13:51:07 [matt]
jdesmit: We should work on terminology and related specifications?
13:51:25 [ggale]
So to confirm, there's no call on 11/3 ... ?
13:51:30 [jlemorda]
will give a demo with audio POI at TPAC
13:51:30 [matt]
matt: yes
13:52:11 [matt]
zakim, who is muted?
13:52:11 [Zakim]
I see Ronald muted
13:52:13 [danbri]
oh cool
13:52:16 [Karl_]
was the poll via email, can not find?
13:52:27 [jdesmit]
matt: Jacques will give demo of Audio POI at TPAC similar to what he showed at ISMAR
13:52:32 [matt]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:52:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/27-poiwg-minutes.html matt
13:52:38 [Karl_]
thx
13:52:39 [matt]
rrsagent, make logs public
13:52:59 [matt]
Topic: Action items for everyone
13:53:10 [matt]
matt: 1. Answer the F2F poll: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/45386/POIWG-F2F-2010/
13:53:11 [Karl_]
Sorry, Insufficient Access Privileges - t get to the poll
13:53:26 [matt]
2. Update the related specifications page: http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Related_Specifications
13:53:36 [Karl_]
good
13:54:13 [danbri]
where would i put something like this? http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxpoints/index.xml.ID=body.1_div.2 ... ... oxford uni db of points (of various kinds) around campus
13:54:21 [matt]
3. Contribute use cases to: http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Use_Cases
13:54:54 [matt]
4. Ponder the Table of Contents/Skeleton form for our three documents
13:55:09 [matt]
5. Consider whether you can be a gatekeeper/editor of the documents
13:55:37 [danbri]
q+ to ask about kinds of user (personas?) re Use cases (eg. client side .js developer, mobile developer, search engine architect, mapping professional, Actual End User [of various kinds] ...
13:55:44 [jdesmit]
matt: so these are the 5 things to work on/consider the next two weeks
13:55:47 [matt]
ack next
13:55:48 [Zakim]
danbri, you wanted to ask about kinds of user (personas?) re Use cases (eg. client side .js developer, mobile developer, search engine architect, mapping professional, Actual End
13:55:51 [Zakim]
... User [of various kinds] ...
13:56:08 [matt]
zakim, who is noisy?
13:56:18 [Zakim]
matt, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: jdesmit (41%), Gary (1%), danbri (54%)
13:56:21 [jdesmit]
danbri: thinking about use cases: developers and such and end users
13:56:29 [jdesmit]
danbri: how should we organize this?
13:56:40 [jdesmit]
matt: haven't given it any thought myself
13:57:25 [jdesmit]
Karl_: let's classify use cases by their perspective and perhaps some other categories. I'll take a pass at that
13:57:29 [matt]
ACTION: Karl to add a persona/perspective type field to use cases.
13:57:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Add a persona/perspective type field to use cases. [on Karl Seiler - due 2010-11-03].
13:57:40 [danbri]
biggest distinction I see is end-user of some system, versus technology-user of this W3C POI WG tech/standard; presumably the two are quite related...
13:58:07 [jdesmit]
ggale: do we want to try and build on the discussion of "what constitues a POI"?
13:58:39 [jdesmit]
ggale: because I think we were getting somewhere, would be great to codify it somewhere
13:58:42 [Karl_]
yes, i will primarily focus on non-end user as we drill into details, those aspect of use cases needing enablement
13:58:44 [jdesmit]
matt: sounds like an action item
13:58:50 [jdesmit]
ggale: oh, go on then
13:58:51 [matt]
ACTION: Gary to codify on the WIki the "What is an Point of Interest" discussion
13:58:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Codify on the WIki the "What is an Point of Interest" discussion [on Gary Gale - due 2010-11-03].
13:59:12 [jdesmit]
ggale: another action item for someone: please beautify the terminology page if you know some wiki markup
13:59:15 [danbri]
if we chose say 200 *actual* points of interest, we could use that as a metric for when the group is "done", ie. when we've adequately described them all
13:59:26 [jdesmit]
ggale: make it look as if we're a bunch of professional, not like this
13:59:43 [matt]
ACTION: Matt to make the terminology page look nicer
13:59:44 [jdesmit]
matt: I was planning on trying to figure out a style for us to use so I'll take that
13:59:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-11 - Make the terminology page look nicer [on Matt Womer - due 2010-11-03].
13:59:53 [matt]
ACTION: Matt to work on style guide for Wiki usage
13:59:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-12 - Work on style guide for Wiki usage [on Matt Womer - due 2010-11-03].
14:00:36 [jdesmit]
matt: thanks all. remember that there will not be an offical call next week
14:00:45 [Zakim]
-danbri
14:00:46 [Zakim]
-Karl
14:00:47 [Zakim]
-Gary
14:00:48 [Zakim]
-Vinnie_Reynolds
14:00:50 [Karl_]
ok, adios
14:00:51 [Zakim]
-marengo
14:00:52 [matt]
zakim, drop me
14:00:52 [Zakim]
Matt is being disconnected
14:00:52 [Zakim]
-Matt
14:00:54 [Zakim]
-Ronald
14:00:55 [ggale]
Have a good week everyone
14:01:04 [jdesmit]
matt: the conference is open so you can start a chat if there's a big discussion
14:01:10 [Ronald]
Thanks everybody
14:01:18 [matt]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:01:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/27-poiwg-minutes.html matt
14:05:39 [matt]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jdesmit
14:05:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ajbraun, Ronald, ggale, jdesmit, marengo, Zakim, RRSAgent, danbri, matt, trackbot
14:05:43 [matt]
zakim, drop jdesmit
14:05:43 [Zakim]
jdesmit is being disconnected
14:05:45 [Zakim]
UW_POI(POIWG)9:00AM has ended
14:05:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were +31.30.230.aaaa, Vinnie_Reynolds, +39.011.228.aabb, marengo, Andy, Matt, Gary, jdesmit, Jacques, Karl, Ronald, danbri
14:05:53 [marengo]
marengo has left #poiwg
14:06:09 [matt]
rrsagent, stop