IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-10-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:56:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to
19:56:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:56:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:56:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
19:56:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:56:39 [trackbot]
Date: 21 October 2010
19:58:59 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
19:59:06 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:06 [Zakim]
20:00:11 [Zakim]
20:00:28 [Zakim]
20:00:29 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle has James_Nurthen
20:00:29 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:00:49 [Mary]
Mary has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:01:11 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:13 [Zakim]
20:01:30 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:01:36 [Zakim]
20:01:37 [jamesn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:01:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Oracle], Mary_Utt, Bruce_Bailey, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic
20:01:39 [Zakim]
[Oracle] has James_Nurthen
20:01:51 [MichaelC]
20:01:53 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:01:54 [Zakim]
20:02:30 [Zakim]
20:02:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Wolf_Schmidt
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+Wolf_Schmidt; got it
20:03:02 [Zakim]
20:06:26 [Zakim]
20:06:53 [AWK]
AWK has joined #WAI-wcag
20:07:49 [jamesn]
20:14:13 [Loretta]
is IRD more reliable for you?
20:14:44 [Zakim]
20:14:48 [AWK]
calling back
20:15:31 [AWK]
was going to say that it might be safer to separate PDF and SL techiques, since the PDF techs might have more comments and slow publication of the SL techs, or vice versa
20:16:02 [Zakim]
20:22:44 [jamesn]
TOPIC: 1. Issue 2860: 3rd Party Content - Embedded Video Player
20:28:00 [Zakim]
20:33:02 [Zakim]
20:33:53 [Zakim]
20:34:05 [Zakim]
20:35:09 [Zakim]
20:42:27 [Zakim]
20:44:54 [Zakim]
20:44:55 [Zakim]
20:44:56 [Zakim]
20:45:10 [Zakim]
20:46:56 [Zakim]
20:54:40 [Zakim]
20:59:31 [Zakim]
21:00:08 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
21:00:18 [Zakim]
21:03:42 [Zakim]
21:04:23 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:10 [jamesn]
ACTION: loretta to send revised proposal on issue 2860 to list and send response if no objections.
21:05:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-112 - Send revised proposal on issue 2860 to list and send response if no objections. [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2010-10-28].
21:05:41 [Zakim]
21:06:17 [jamesn]
TOPIC: test procedures
21:07:22 [Zakim]
21:10:17 [Loretta_]
Loretta_ has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:14:01 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: allow multiple test procedures for a technique
21:19:35 [Zakim]
21:21:30 [jamesn]
ACTION: Michael to investigate categorizing test procedures.
21:21:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-113 - Investigate categorizing test procedures. [on Michael Cooper - due 2010-10-28].
21:22:39 [Zakim]
21:24:10 [Zakim]
21:28:33 [Zakim]
21:29:58 [Zakim]
21:30:53 [Zakim]
21:30:57 [Zakim]
21:31:47 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: while we will permit test procedures which rely on specific tools we want to encourage test procedures which rely on looking at the accessibility tree, the object model or source examination.
21:34:37 [Zakim]
21:36:48 [Zakim]
21:36:49 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: let discussion of user agent and AT support in test procedures stay open for a bit such that we can see what future techniques provide in this area.
21:36:50 [Zakim]
21:36:54 [Zakim]
21:36:57 [Zakim]
21:36:59 [Zakim]
21:37:04 [Zakim]
21:37:05 [Zakim]
21:37:16 [Zakim]
21:37:16 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:37:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jamesn
21:37:17 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:37:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Mary_Utt, Bruce_Bailey, James_Nurthen, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Wolf_Schmidt, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland
21:37:25 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:37:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jamesn
21:38:24 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
22:25:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag