IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-10-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:03:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:03:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-irc
09:03:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:03:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:03:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:03:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
09:03:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:03:14 [trackbot]
Date: 20 October 2010
09:04:20 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:04:28 [Zakim]
+ +33.9.52.30.aaaa
09:04:30 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
09:04:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:04:53 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is raphael
09:04:54 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
09:05:00 [Zakim]
+??P5
09:05:01 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik, Jack
09:05:12 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:05:23 [raphael]
zakim, +P5 is foolip
09:05:23 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+P5'
09:05:29 [raphael]
zakim, +??P5 is foolip
09:05:29 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+??P5'
09:05:32 [raphael]
zakim, P5 is foolip
09:05:32 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'P5'
09:05:37 [raphael]
zakim, ??P5 is foolip
09:05:37 [Zakim]
+foolip; got it
09:06:03 [raphael]
Present: Philip, raphael, davy, jack (irc), silvia, Yves
09:06:15 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0013.html
09:06:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:06:28 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aabb
09:06:28 [Zakim]
+Davy
09:06:39 [silvia]
Zakim, aabb is me
09:06:39 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
09:08:50 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
09:08:50 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
09:09:20 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
09:09:24 [raphael]
Scribenick: raphael
09:09:29 [raphael]
topic: 1. Admin
09:09:40 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 06 October 2010 telecon
09:09:46 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html
09:09:48 [foolip]
+1
09:09:50 [davy]
+1
09:09:55 [raphael]
minutes are accepted
09:10:34 [raphael]
ACTION-185?
09:10:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
09:10:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185
09:11:03 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
09:11:03 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
09:11:55 [foolip]
November 1 and 2, any time between 0800 and 1800 in UTC+2
09:12:12 [raphael]
Raphael: for Silvia and Philip, could you write down time slot where we can phone you
09:12:15 [silvia]
Monday is better for me than Tuesday - it's both in the afternoon/evening for me, I think
09:12:33 [foolip]
in other words, any time is fine, since I'm in the same timezone as TPAC
09:12:56 [raphael]
zakim, who is make noise
09:12:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is make noise', raphael
09:13:01 [raphael]
zakim, who is make noise?
09:13:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
09:13:07 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
09:13:10 [silvia]
if you start early, I can join in the mornings
09:13:21 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: raphael (76%), foolip (76%)
09:13:32 [raphael]
zakim, mute foolip
09:13:32 [Zakim]
foolip should now be muted
09:14:06 [raphael]
Topic: 2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION
09:14:22 [raphael]
ACTION-189?
09:14:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 -- Raphaël Troncy to put the top-level production rules back into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) -- due 2010-10-06 -- OPEN
09:14:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/189
09:14:59 [silvia]
ok
09:15:22 [foolip]
can't say anything until I see the actual suggestion for the spec
09:16:37 [raphael]
Raphael: I will implement the ACTION-189 in the spec and ask all the group if we can close this issue
09:16:43 [raphael]
Topic: 3. Implementation experiment
09:16:58 [foolip]
Zakim, unmute me
09:16:58 [Zakim]
foolip should no longer be muted
09:17:19 [raphael]
Raphael: problem with pixels, are we talking about physical pixels or css pixels?
09:17:26 [raphael]
Silvia: pixels in video are always a problem
09:18:29 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
09:18:29 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
09:18:37 [raphael]
Raphael: I'm looking for a reference that we could use so that any developers understand what we are talking about
09:18:55 [raphael]
Philip: this definition is provided by HTML5 and not CSS
09:19:05 [foolip]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#concept-video-intrinsic-width
09:20:01 [Zakim]
-silvia
09:20:20 [foolip]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/video.html#concept-video-intrinsic-width
09:21:19 [raphael]
ACTION: troncy to update our spec to talk about video intrinsic width
09:21:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-190 - Update our spec to talk about video intrinsic width [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-10-27].
09:24:23 [foolip]
well, there's an issue we discussed at FOMS
09:25:30 [raphael]
Davy: this issue is solved
09:25:32 [foolip]
ah :)
09:25:42 [raphael]
... there is indeed too many byte ranges to send to the UA
09:26:10 [foolip]
do you always redirect, or just when number of ranges > n ?
09:26:11 [raphael]
... therefore, we send a redirect pointing to a media fragment with the ?
09:26:34 [foolip]
always seems simpler :)
09:26:37 [raphael]
Davy: currently, always redirect
09:27:18 [raphael]
Raphael: the UA issues a new request with the query parameter
09:27:31 [raphael]
Davy: yes, and we had a Link header pointing to the master resource
09:31:25 [raphael]
Philip: we could implement that but I really wonder if it is useful
09:31:46 [raphael]
... we will always need a specialized server
09:32:00 [raphael]
... so the query parameter migt be enough
09:32:15 [raphael]
Davy: there are other scenarios where the # is useful
09:32:18 [raphael]
... we should have both
09:32:36 [raphael]
... even if in the retrieval behavior, the # will always be converted into the ?
09:32:49 [raphael]
s/behavior/scenario
09:33:04 [raphael]
Philip: what should we do with the name dimension
09:34:37 [raphael]
Davy: in MP4, refer to the cue points; in Matroska, refer to the chapters names
09:34:51 [raphael]
Philip: OK, yes the chapters are part of WebM
09:35:45 [silvia]
and Ogg can have chapters through a srt chapter track in Ogg Kate
09:36:23 [raphael]
Raphael: ok, so it seems important that we cover the name dimension even if it is limited to chapter names!
09:36:44 [raphael]
Raphael: last issue from Philip, make the hour optional in specifying the time dimension
09:36:54 [raphael]
... currently, we need one or two digits
09:37:05 [raphael]
... but most clips have duration less than 1 hour
09:37:19 [raphael]
... but the grammar will be more complicated
09:37:37 [raphael]
... because we could then have just one digit for the minutes
09:37:48 [raphael]
Philip: in WebSRT, the hours are optional
09:38:19 [raphael]
Raphael: I suggest we discuss this at the F2F
09:39:51 [silvia]
I would support that if you can find a grammar to describe it correctly - it's also more complicated to implement then, btw
09:40:23 [raphael]
Look at the demos at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/code/plugin/demos/
09:41:39 [raphael]
Davy: yes, Ninsuna understands range request with SMPTE time codes
09:41:47 [raphael]
... and answers with smpte time codes
09:41:54 [raphael]
... though I need to check
09:42:19 [raphael]
Yes Silvia, that's also our conclusion, re the gramme
09:42:24 [raphael]
s/gramme/grammar
09:43:07 [raphael]
... the questio is who is willing to work out this more complex grammar? I suggest to hack this during the f2f but if you want to work on it before, please feel free
09:45:14 [silvia]
do it with Yves - he is good at that stuff :)
09:46:01 [raphael]
Topic: 4. AOB
09:46:15 [raphael]
no other topic to discuss
09:46:19 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:46:22 [raphael]
meeting adjourned
09:46:22 [Zakim]
-Davy
09:46:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:46:28 [foolip]
ok, about the syntax then
09:47:05 [foolip]
it's be simplest to just say that all components are 1 or 2 digits
09:47:13 [foolip]
ugly, but simpler, and simple is good :)
09:47:20 [raphael]
:-)
09:47:41 [foolip]
but let's discuss that further later
09:47:42 [raphael]
we will see what the grammar should loook like, indeed, Yves might be able to sort that out elegantly
09:47:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:48:47 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
09:48:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:49:19 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
09:49:32 [Zakim]
-foolip
09:49:33 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:49:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were +33.9.52.30.aaaa, raphael, foolip, +61.2.801.2.aabb, Davy, silvia
09:51:17 [silvia]
bye!
09:52:08 [raphael]
raphael has left #mediafrag
09:54:59 [jackjansen]
bye!
09:55:03 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has left #mediafrag
11:51:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag