IRC log of egov on 2010-10-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:00:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
12:00:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/15-egov-irc
12:00:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:00:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #egov
12:00:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
12:00:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM already started
12:00:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
12:00:43 [trackbot]
Date: 15 October 2010
12:01:02 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Oct/0040.html
12:01:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.281.aabb
12:01:08 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, code?
12:01:08 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), mhausenblas
12:01:15 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
12:01:31 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is Brand
12:01:31 [Zakim]
+Brand; got it
12:01:36 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
12:01:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.240.515.aaaa, Deirdre, Brand, mhausenblas
12:01:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, DeirdreLee, Brand, gdick, mhausenblas, MacTed, trackbot, edsu, sandro
12:02:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is K
12:02:03 [Zakim]
+K; got it
12:02:14 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Michael
12:02:19 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
12:02:32 [mhausenblas]
sandro, are you going to join in?
12:03:26 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
12:03:35 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/meeting/Project_3/2010-10-01
12:03:45 [gdick]
I could join, or I could give D's list a little geographical context. Which would you prefer ? I think a map would be more helpful ...
12:04:12 [Brand]
+1
12:04:19 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
12:04:27 [mhausenblas]
actions http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/products/20
12:04:34 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-116?
12:04:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-116 -- Brand Niemann to contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge -- due 2010-10-08 -- OPEN
12:04:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/actions/116
12:04:43 [mhausenblas]
continues
12:05:17 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-117?
12:05:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-117 -- Sandro Hawke to check back with W3C legal about the organisation status -- due 2010-10-08 -- OPEN
12:05:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/actions/117
12:05:23 [mhausenblas]
sandro, any news?
12:06:08 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Linked Open Government Application Challenge straw man call
12:06:17 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/RelatedEvents
12:06:20 [Zakim]
-K
12:09:19 [edsu]
edsu has joined #egov
12:09:38 [Zakim]
+K
12:10:22 [mhausenblas]
Michael: trying to define a profile for our desired target venue
12:11:41 [Zakim]
+Sandro
12:12:51 [mhausenblas]
Michael: academic vs. practicioners
12:13:08 [mhausenblas]
... size, location, etc.
12:15:38 [mhausenblas]
sandro: maybe narrow it down based on 'where do all the cool people go'
12:15:50 [sandro]
aka "thought leaders"
12:18:04 [mhausenblas]
sandro: I'd probably focus on thought leaders-oriented rather than academic event (reporters!)
12:18:14 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1
12:19:21 [mhausenblas]
sandro: maybe the bigger is better
12:19:44 [mhausenblas]
sandro: should be an international event
12:20:41 [mhausenblas]
Michael: this list is open for other suggestions, please people contribute as well
12:21:02 [mhausenblas]
K: we need more conferences
12:21:21 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
12:21:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Deirdre, Brand, mhausenblas, K, Sandro
12:21:33 [gdick]
ICT seems to fit http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/ict/2010/index_en.htm
12:21:50 [Zakim]
-K
12:21:51 [mhausenblas]
gdick, yes that's one of the proposal on the list
12:23:32 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-117?
12:23:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-117 -- Sandro Hawke to check back with W3C legal about the organisation status -- due 2010-10-22 -- OPEN
12:23:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/actions/117
12:23:49 [mhausenblas]
Sandro: yes, checked back, and we're fine with it
12:23:57 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-117
12:23:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-117 Check back with W3C legal about the organisation status closed
12:25:05 [mhausenblas]
Michael: for people who have sort of committed please put it on the Wiki http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft#Judge.27s_Prize
12:25:16 [Zakim]
+K
12:27:14 [mhausenblas]
sandro: check conferences against if judges would be able to attend
12:28:20 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:28:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/15-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:28:27 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:28:42 [sandro]
try to find out the highest profile folks at each conference --- look for possible judges, and presence of judges we've thought of.
12:29:25 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
12:29:49 [Zakim]
-K
12:29:56 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
12:29:58 [Zakim]
-Deirdre
12:29:59 [Zakim]
-Sandro
12:30:00 [Zakim]
-Brand
12:30:02 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
12:30:02 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has ended
12:30:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.240.515.aaaa, Deirdre, +1.703.281.aabb, mhausenblas, Brand, K, Sandro
12:30:24 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:30:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/15-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:31:15 [gdick]
gdick has left #egov
12:31:59 [sandro]
sure.
12:32:03 [mhausenblas]
thanks a lot!
12:32:51 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
12:32:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
12:32:51 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
12:32:52 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
12:32:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/15-egov-minutes.html trackbot
12:32:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
12:32:53 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items