IRC log of lld on 2010-10-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:44:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:44:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc
13:44:11 [TomB]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:44:11 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T13-44-11
13:44:17 [TomB]
zakim, this will be lld
13:44:18 [Zakim]
ok, TomB; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
13:44:24 [TomB]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:44:26 [TomB]
Chair: Tom
13:45:20 [TomB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0052.html
13:46:00 [TomB]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html
13:50:37 [TomB]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:50:52 [TomB]
Regrets: Emmanuelle, Antoine, Lars
13:51:35 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
13:51:48 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
13:51:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:52:04 [TomB]
zakim, IPcaller is TomB
13:52:04 [Zakim]
+TomB; got it
13:54:26 [marka]
marka has joined #lld
13:54:33 [jodi]
jodi has joined #LLD
13:54:46 [aseiler]
aseiler has joined #lld
13:55:31 [Zakim]
+michaelp
13:55:40 [Zakim]
+ +49.221.400.7.aaaa
13:55:53 [TomB]
zakim, aaaa is Anette
13:55:53 [Zakim]
+Anette; got it
13:56:13 [jeff_]
zakim, michaelp is me
13:56:13 [Zakim]
+jeff_; got it
13:56:24 [aseiler]
zakim, Anette is aseiler
13:56:24 [Zakim]
+aseiler; got it
13:56:24 [marma]
marma has joined #lld
13:56:51 [Zakim]
+jodi
13:56:59 [AlexanderH]
AlexanderH has joined #lld
13:57:30 [aseiler]
Zakim, mute me
13:57:30 [Zakim]
aseiler should now be muted
13:57:35 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #lld
13:57:37 [GordonD]
GordonD has joined #lld
13:57:43 [Zakim]
+marma
13:58:00 [marma]
zakim, mute me
13:58:00 [Zakim]
marma should now be muted
13:58:16 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:58:37 [Zakim]
-aseiler
13:58:41 [TomB]
zakim, ??P14 is AlexanderH
13:58:41 [Zakim]
+AlexanderH; got it
13:58:43 [jar_]
jar_ has joined #lld
13:58:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+aseiler
13:59:37 [marcia]
marcia has joined #lld
13:59:51 [rsinger]
rsinger has joined #lld
13:59:52 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:00:00 [pmurray]
pmurray has joined #lld
14:00:01 [aseiler]
zakim, mute me
14:00:03 [whalb]
whalb has joined #lld
14:00:03 [Zakim]
aseiler should now be muted
14:00:14 [TomB]
zakim, ??P18 is GordonD
14:00:14 [Zakim]
+GordonD; got it
14:00:27 [michaelp]
michaelp has joined #lld
14:00:30 [kai]
kai has joined #lld
14:00:42 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aabb
14:00:48 [Zakim]
+rsinger
14:00:48 [whalb]
zakim, aabb is me
14:00:49 [Zakim]
+whalb; got it
14:00:54 [kefo]
kefo has joined #lld
14:00:57 [rsinger]
zakim, mute me
14:00:57 [Zakim]
rsinger should now be muted
14:00:58 [rayd]
rayd has joined #lld
14:01:01 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:01:05 [Zakim]
+pmurray
14:01:06 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:01:15 [rsinger]
zakim, unmute me
14:01:15 [Zakim]
rsinger should no longer be muted
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+??P30
14:01:24 [rsinger]
zakim, mute me
14:01:24 [Zakim]
rsinger should now be muted
14:01:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.330.672.aacc
14:01:31 [bvatant]
bvatant has joined #lld
14:01:32 [TomB]
zakim, LC is Keven
14:01:32 [Zakim]
+Keven; got it
14:01:40 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:01:47 [TomB]
zakim, aacc is probably Kai
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+Kai?; got it
14:01:55 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:01:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB, jeff_ (muted), jodi, marma (muted), AlexanderH, Felix (muted), aseiler (muted), GordonD (muted), whalb, rsinger (muted), ??P21, pmurray (muted), Keven,
14:01:59 [Zakim]
... ??P30, Kai?, [LC]
14:02:03 [Zakim]
+jar
14:02:04 [kai]
Zakim, ??P30 is kai
14:02:05 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
14:02:06 [TomB]
zakim, LC is Ray
14:02:06 [Zakim]
+Ray; got it
14:02:20 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:02:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB, jeff_ (muted), jodi, marma (muted), AlexanderH, Felix (muted), aseiler (muted), GordonD (muted), whalb, rsinger (muted), ??P21, pmurray (muted), Keven,
14:02:26 [marka]
same here, phone troubles
14:02:26 [Zakim]
... kai, Kai?, Ray, jar
14:02:51 [kcoyle]
karen
14:03:00 [marka]
marka has left #lld
14:03:05 [TomB]
zakim, ??P21 is probably Karen
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+Karen?; got it
14:03:21 [markva]
markva has joined #lld
14:03:24 [TomB]
zakim, Keven is really defo
14:03:25 [Zakim]
+defo; got it
14:03:33 [TomB]
zakim, defo is really kefo
14:03:35 [Zakim]
+kefo; got it
14:04:48 [Zakim]
+??P40
14:05:13 [TomB]
zakim, ??P40 is Asaf
14:05:13 [Zakim]
+Asaf; got it
14:05:24 [Abartov]
Abartov has joined #lld
14:05:47 [TomB]
Scribe: whalb
14:05:53 [TomB]
Scribenick: whalb
14:05:57 [digikim]
digikim has joined #lld
14:06:00 [digikim]
hello
14:06:18 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.44.92.aadd
14:06:29 [TomB]
zakim, aadd is bvatant
14:06:29 [Zakim]
+bvatant; got it
14:06:44 [ww]
all circuits busy on the uk dialin number :(
14:06:56 [whalb]
tomb: important thing is to make sure agenda is ok
14:07:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:07:16 [digikim]
digikim calling
14:07:23 [digikim]
(is zakim awake?)
14:07:29 [TomB]
zakim, IPcaller is digikim
14:07:29 [Zakim]
+digikim; got it
14:07:51 [whalb]
topic: admin
14:08:10 [whalb]
proposal: accept minutes of last telco http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html
14:08:18 [whalb]
resolved: accept minutes of previous telco
14:08:28 [bvatant]
zakim, mute me
14:08:28 [Zakim]
bvatant should now be muted
14:08:33 [whalb]
topic: Pittsburgh face-to-face meetings
14:08:48 [whalb]
tomb: two meetings, one friday afternoon about application profiles
14:08:54 [whalb]
... main meeting on saturday and half of sunday
14:09:19 [rayd]
q+
14:09:35 [whalb]
... for the meeting on friday preparation: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010
14:09:43 [whalb]
... content will change until tomorrow
14:11:14 [whalb]
marcia: will put a link to current model
14:11:42 [whalb]
tomb: meeting on saturday, required reading is charter
14:11:53 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:11:54 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:12:00 [whalb]
... use cases:
14:12:20 [whalb]
... there is a list of background, topic list, how use cases relate to topics
14:12:28 [Zakim]
-rsinger
14:12:29 [Zakim]
-marma
14:12:57 [whalb]
... most people will present one use case, a few will have to present more
14:13:12 [whalb]
... people please add names to use cases in brackets
14:13:16 [marma]
Got disconnected
14:13:20 [Zakim]
+jeff_.a
14:13:30 [Zakim]
+rsinger
14:13:30 [marcia]
q+
14:13:36 [TomB]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0058.html
14:13:45 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Citation_of_Scientific_Datasets
14:13:55 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Enhanced_Publications
14:14:02 [jodi]
zakim, jeff_a is michaelp
14:14:02 [Zakim]
sorry, jodi, I do not recognize a party named 'jeff_a'
14:14:30 [whalb]
... we dont have to assign namens right now to new use cases
14:15:13 [whalb]
... but we need at least one member per use case, each f2f attendant assigned to at least one use case
14:15:19 [Zakim]
+marma
14:15:33 [whalb]
... use case assignment is to read use case description and prepare for discussion
14:15:47 [marma]
zakim, mute me
14:15:47 [Zakim]
marma should now be muted
14:16:00 [marcia]
q+ how many minutes for each use case?
14:16:14 [whalb]
... everybody should sign up for at least one use case (to lead discussion)
14:16:28 [whalb]
... maybe prepare some bullet points for driving discussion in the right direction
14:16:30 [Abartov]
+q use case owners
14:16:35 [michaelp]
I would be happy to lead discussion for Authority date enrichment
14:16:44 [jeff_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
14:17:01 [pmurray]
I picked up the NDNP use case on the F2F agenda.
14:17:14 [whalb]
... will send out a reminder to list of use cases are still not covered tomorrow
14:17:22 [GordonD]
All note: list of assigned rapporteurs has changed significantly since this agenda was prepared!
14:17:40 [whalb]
... there is quite some background reading, it is not necesary to read everything in detail
14:18:15 [marcia]
Will the case presented in this order as listed, or in 'related' groups?
14:18:46 [whalb]
... we have to keep in mind that there are only 7 months left for the xg
14:18:48 [Abartov]
(remember: some UC owners can't make it to the F2F, but would be very happy to answer questions before and even during the F2F, remotely)
14:19:11 [marcia]
+q
14:19:13 [jodi]
marcia: IMO, 'related' would be nice, if it's obvious what's related to what.
14:19:19 [whalb]
... we should be able to define what we want to achieve in the remaining 7 months
14:19:27 [jodi]
y
14:19:29 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute mey
14:19:29 [Zakim]
sorry, jeff_, I do not know which phone connection belongs to mey
14:19:34 [jeff_]
y
14:19:35 [michaelp]
y
14:19:35 [kcoyle]
yep
14:19:35 [rsinger]
well, i am
14:19:39 [kefo]
yes
14:19:39 [whalb]
... we should sort out what is achievable
14:19:39 [bvatant]
yes we are
14:19:40 [marma]
y
14:20:00 [marcia]
+q
14:20:08 [digikim]
:)
14:20:26 [whalb]
topic: Use cases and case studies
14:20:36 [whalb]
tomb: going through actions...
14:21:19 [whalb]
kcoyle: regarding action01 - we have done what can be done before the meeting
14:21:25 [whalb]
... action will be continued
14:21:27 [TomB]
ack rayd
14:22:05 [whalb]
rayd: question regarding friday meeting: if someone not registered for dc meeting will she/he have to pay?
14:22:30 [GordonD]
May depend on venue security?
14:22:32 [whalb]
tomb: theoretically should be registered, in practice dont know
14:22:36 [TomB]
ack marcia
14:22:56 [whalb]
marcia: can ask dc committee if it is ok for unregistered participants
14:23:22 [whalb]
... how many minutes should be taken for each case, what order of presentation?
14:23:48 [whalb]
tomb: would be good idea to group the use cases
14:24:20 [whalb]
... we dont need to sort that out today but we should start grouping and do it over the coming week
14:24:45 [GordonD]
+1 Tom's suggestion
14:25:27 [whalb]
kcoyle: we need to look at topic list
14:25:40 [GordonD]
Suggest a pragmatic approach and finalise groupings just before meeting
14:25:43 [markva]
I understood it was necessary and registered...
14:26:10 [whalb]
tomb: regarding action03 i suggest that we carry that action forward as use cases keep coming in
14:28:05 [whalb]
ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01]
14:28:09 [whalb]
-- continues
14:28:34 [whalb]
--continues
14:28:37 [whalb]
ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03]
14:28:40 [whalb]
--continues
14:28:50 [whalb]
ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09]
14:28:55 [whalb]
--continues
14:29:02 [Abartov]
"champions" :)
14:29:11 [GordonD]
De facto word for uc presenters is Presenter
14:29:13 [whalb]
topic: Other Wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas
14:29:33 [rsinger]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats
14:30:05 [jodi]
in general, I prefer using the world-writable wiki
14:30:06 [Zakim]
-marma
14:30:09 [rayd]
+q
14:30:10 [whalb]
ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by signing their names in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08]
14:30:13 [whalb]
--continues
14:30:24 [jodi]
yes, let's make a template :)
14:30:30 [kcoyle]
agree
14:30:31 [Abartov]
Are you proposing to begin collecting ontologies and vocabularies for LLD?
14:31:08 [rsinger]
no, datasets
14:31:51 [Abartov]
rsinger: oh, I see. thanks.
14:32:10 [whalb]
topic: Upcoming topics - FYI...
14:32:16 [whalb]
tomb: nothing to discuss atm
14:32:26 [whalb]
topic: Upcoming face-to-face meetings
14:32:32 [whalb]
tomb: reminder for meeting
14:32:35 [whalb]
topic: aob
14:32:44 [Abartov]
+q
14:33:12 [marma]
We're having trouble with the phones at KB. Will follow IRC. Sorry.
14:33:16 [whalb]
tomb: hotel is in transition from hilton to new management, link has been posted to list
14:33:36 [whalb]
... if anyone is concerned about reservation you can call the hotel to check
14:33:49 [whalb]
... hotel is trying to make transition as smooth as possible
14:33:55 [GordonD]
All: looking forward to seeing most of you next week!
14:34:08 [whalb]
.. looking forward to meeting participants at conference
14:34:18 [whalb]
... there will be no call next week
14:34:29 [whalb]
... irc will be used for friday afternoon meeting
14:34:44 [whalb]
... remote participants are welcome
14:35:24 [whalb]
... on saturday zakim and irc will also be used and remote participants are invited to join by voice or irc
14:35:31 [Abartov]
-q
14:35:46 [whalb]
... on sunday no zakim will be used because of the costs (no sponsor for wifi)
14:35:53 [whalb]
... notes will be taken
14:35:55 [jar_]
I recommend someone bring an access point anyhow
14:36:19 [jar_]
even if no Internet, you can use if for file transfer, local web servers etc
14:36:26 [jar_]
s/if for/it for/
14:36:30 [jodi]
bye
14:36:31 [Zakim]
-Karen?
14:36:31 [whalb]
... look forward to meeting at f2f and in 2 weeks at next call
14:36:32 [jar_]
sorry I won't be there
14:36:32 [bvatant]
bye
14:36:33 [Zakim]
-GordonD
14:36:33 [marcia]
have a good trip, all
14:36:34 [rsinger]
bye!
14:36:34 [Zakim]
-kai
14:36:34 [jodi]
jodi has left #LLD
14:36:35 [Zakim]
-digikim
14:36:37 [AlexanderH]
thx bye
14:36:37 [Zakim]
-bvatant
14:36:38 [Zakim]
-jeff_
14:36:38 [kefo]
bye
14:36:40 [Zakim]
-pmurray
14:36:40 [kefo]
kefo has left #lld
14:36:40 [aseiler]
bye
14:36:42 [Zakim]
-jodi
14:36:43 [Zakim]
-Felix
14:36:43 [Zakim]
-whalb
14:36:44 [Zakim]
-Ray
14:36:44 [digikim]
thanks
14:36:46 [Zakim]
-Kai?
14:36:48 [Zakim]
-AlexanderH
14:36:50 [Zakim]
-rsinger
14:36:52 [Zakim]
-jar
14:36:54 [Zakim]
-michaelp
14:36:56 [whalb]
[adjourned]
14:36:56 [Zakim]
-Asaf
14:36:58 [Zakim]
-kefo
14:37:04 [Zakim]
-aseiler
14:37:19 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:37:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB
14:37:19 [whalb]
zakim, list attendees
14:37:20 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been TomB, +49.221.400.7.aaaa, jeff_, aseiler, jodi, marma, AlexanderH, Felix, GordonD, +43.316.876.aabb, rsinger, whalb, pmurray,
14:37:22 [Zakim]
... +1.330.672.aacc, Kai?, jar, kai, Ray, Karen?, kefo, Asaf, +33.1.44.92.aadd, bvatant, digikim, michaelp
14:37:32 [whalb]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:37:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html whalb
14:38:09 [markva]
sorry I wasnt on the phone, VU phone central not working...
14:38:31 [TomB]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:38:38 [TomB]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:38:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html TomB
14:38:54 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:38:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB
14:39:04 [Zakim]
-TomB
14:39:05 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
14:39:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were TomB, +49.221.400.7.aaaa, jeff_, aseiler, jodi, marma, AlexanderH, Felix, GordonD, +43.316.876.aabb, rsinger, whalb, pmurray, +1.330.672.aacc, Kai?, jar, kai, Ray,
14:39:10 [Zakim]
... Karen?, kefo, Asaf, +33.1.44.92.aadd, bvatant, digikim, michaelp
14:39:44 [TomB]
Wolfgang, are you still there?
14:40:34 [whalb]
yes
14:41:18 [TomB]
Do you know how to generate minutes as text?
14:41:40 [whalb]
no, can you help please
14:41:49 [TomB]
ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about supplying additional use-cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:41:52 [TomB]
--drop
14:42:05 [TomB]
--done
14:42:29 [TomB]
Try http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html,text
14:42:43 [whalb]
thanks!
14:43:40 [TomB]
Save that, edit out "Draft", cut everything below "[end of minutes]", and post to the list.
14:43:46 [TomB]
...then you'll be done!
14:44:00 [whalb]
ok, do you know why the attendees are mixed up?
14:44:13 [whalb]
at least for me there is my phone no and nick listed in attendees
14:44:34 [TomB]
We have had a problem with that generally.
14:45:43 [TomB]
I don't know how to fix that unfortunately.
14:46:44 [TomB]
hi ed!
14:46:47 [TomB]
it was a short meeting
14:46:57 [TomB]
Hang on, Wolfgang, are you still there?
14:47:13 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
14:47:20 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:47:27 [Zakim]
-[LC]
14:47:28 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
14:47:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were [LC]
14:47:42 [TomB]
Wolfgang?
14:47:50 [edsu]
TomB: hey tom, i guess the call is over now
14:47:55 [whalb]
still there, yes
14:47:59 [TomB]
Yes, it was very short.
14:48:07 [edsu]
sorry i missed it, i did plan on attending
14:48:24 [TomB]
If you haven't edited that text yet...
14:48:49 [whalb]
yes...
14:49:12 [whalb]
tomb?
14:49:18 [TomB]
...it would be more correct to save the HTML of the minutes, edit those, save the HTML as text, and post that.
14:49:53 [whalb]
ok, who should i send that edited html to because i cant upload it?
14:49:58 [TomB]
...With just one or two changes, you could edit http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-minutes.html,text directly, but if there are more changes...
14:50:03 [TomB]
...send it to Antoine.
14:50:20 [TomB]
ok?
14:50:23 [whalb]
ok, will do that
14:50:28 [TomB]
great - thanks!
14:50:46 [TomB]
I'll complete the wrapping up...
14:51:36 [TomB]
zakim, bye
14:51:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld
14:51:39 [TomB]
rrsagent, bye
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-actions.rdf :
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01] [1]
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T14-28-05
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03] [2]
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T14-28-37
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09] [3]
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T14-28-50
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by signing their names in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08] [4]
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T14-30-10
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about supplying additional use-cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04] [5]
14:51:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-lld-irc#T14-41-49