IRC log of xproc on 2010-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:04:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
15:04:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:04:14 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:04:15 [Norm]
Date: 7 October 2010
15:04:15 [Norm]
15:04:15 [Norm]
Meeting: 181
15:04:15 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:04:15 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:04:17 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
15:04:42 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
15:04:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, ht, Vojtech, Alex_Milows, Norm
15:04:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, alexmilowski, ht, Zakim, Vojtech, PGrosso, Norm, caribou
15:04:53 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Henry, Vojtech, Alex, Norm
15:04:55 [Norm]
Regrets: Mohamed
15:05:14 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:05:14 [Norm]
15:05:20 [Norm]
Charter expiration
15:05:28 [Norm]
15:05:33 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:05:33 [Norm]
15:05:40 [Norm]
15:05:46 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 21 October 2010?
15:07:28 [Norm]
Paul to chair if Norm doesn't make it. Most significant agendum: an agenda for TPaC
15:07:32 [Norm]
15:09:27 [Norm]
Topic: Charter extension
15:10:19 [Norm]
Norm: Apparently our charter expired. Liam proposes extending with two plans:
15:10:26 [Norm]
...1. Finishing the default processing model
15:10:32 [Norm]
...2. Maintenance
15:11:10 [Norm]
Henry: I think something non-commital should be there for
15:11:15 [Norm] case we decide to do it.
15:11:27 [Norm]
Alex: At least the opportunity to define some new steps would be good.
15:12:07 [Norm]
Norm: So I'm hearing some consensus for attempting to get possible language extensions in our scope for the extended charter
15:12:21 [Norm]
Vojtech: Perhaps just looking around and seeing if we can help people with what they're doing.
15:12:40 [Norm]
Norm: Ok, I'll take that back to Liam
15:12:46 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to discuss the charter with Liam
15:13:00 [Norm]
topic: Agenda items for TPAC
15:13:19 [Norm]
Norm: Expected to be present: Norm, Vojtech, Mohamed, and Alex. Regrets: Paul, Henry
15:13:53 [Norm]
Norm: Proposed agenda topics: questions about processing model document, errata on XProc language
15:14:36 [Norm]
...Vojtech's observation on p:xslt and our xml:id story
15:15:01 [Norm]
Vojtech: What about the template idea?
15:15:15 [Norm]
Henry: Under the general heading of, there's the template thing, iterate to fixed point, ...
15:15:22 [Norm]
Vojtech: We could take items from the XProc wiki
15:15:39 [Norm]
Norm: We can also talk about
15:17:03 [Norm]
Alex: What about a time slot for other groups to come and discuss it?
15:17:35 [Norm]
Norm: Sure we could invite other groups. I tried to engage the TAG, but they're likely to be light on the ground.
15:17:48 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to write a first draft of the f2f agenda
15:18:17 [Norm]
Topic: XML processor profiles document
15:18:33 [Norm]
Norm: Henry, you had an action to produce a new draft, I had hoped a pub-ready one, any progress?
15:19:07 [Norm]
Henry: I think I can get it done this weekend.
15:20:41 [Norm]
Paul: The moratorium starts on 28 October, last request by 27 October
15:21:05 [Norm]
Norm: We should be able to get in on that schedule.
15:21:37 [Norm]
Norm: Any other issues to discuss about the profiles document?
15:21:40 [Norm]
None heard
15:21:49 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:22:14 [Zakim]
15:22:15 [Norm]
15:22:15 [Zakim]
15:22:15 [Zakim]
15:22:17 [Zakim]
15:22:18 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
15:22:18 [Zakim]
15:22:20 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:22:22 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:22:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
15:22:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were PGrosso, [IPcaller], ht, Jeroen, Vojtech, Alex_Milows, Norm
15:22:38 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
15:28:17 [Norm]
Hey, RRSAgent, how about pushing that request along a bit, huh? I'm *still* waiting
15:42:37 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:42:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
16:52:13 [Liam]
Liam has joined #xproc
16:57:43 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
17:22:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
17:23:34 [ht]
ht has left #xproc