IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-10-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:04:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:04:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-irc
09:04:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:04:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:04:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:04:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 4 minutes ago
09:04:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:04:12 [trackbot]
Date: 06 October 2010
09:04:38 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:04:44 [jackjansen]
zakim, code?
09:04:44 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), jackjansen
09:05:06 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:05:14 [Zakim]
+ +39.523.0.aaaa
09:05:20 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is raphael
09:05:20 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
09:05:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:05:54 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0003.html
09:06:00 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
09:06:05 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik, Silvia
09:06:20 [Zakim]
+ +20592aabb
09:06:22 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:06:42 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is jackjansen
09:06:42 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
09:07:17 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:08:13 [Zakim]
+ +329331aacc
09:17:55 [raphael]
Matroska (MKV)
09:17:59 [Yves]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
09:18:30 [Yves]
scribe: jackjansen
09:18:40 [Yves]
chair: raphael
09:18:53 [jackjansen]
1. ADMIN
09:18:59 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html
09:19:02 [davy]
+1
09:19:05 [raphael]
+1
09:19:10 [jackjansen]
Raphael: minutes accepted
09:20:17 [jackjansen]
Raphael: keep 183 open, in progress
09:20:21 [raphael]
ACTION-185?
09:20:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
09:20:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185
09:23:20 [jackjansen]
Raphael: 188 closed, just now reminded Jack
09:23:29 [jackjansen]
2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION
09:23:46 [raphael]
close ACTION-188
09:23:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-188 Remind Jack and Michael to register asap for TPAC closed
09:28:01 [raphael]
Raphael: summarizing the long thread and discussion about extensibility
09:28:10 [raphael]
... and summarizing the position of philip
09:28:55 [raphael]
Jack: the only thing we should say is: if we partially understand a media fragment, should we accept or ignore ?
09:29:04 [raphael]
... this is one line in the spec
09:29:47 [raphael]
... we should accept what is acceptable
09:30:11 [raphael]
... and in particular if a media fragment URI can have things we don't understand
09:30:21 [raphael]
... and personally I don't care about the gramme
09:30:26 [raphael]
s/gramme/grammar
09:31:10 [raphael]
Yves: we should be very caution with extension
09:31:13 [jackjansen]
Yves: we should be careful with extensions
09:31:28 [raphael]
... e.g. the ref redefines an existing dimension
09:36:20 [jackjansen]
Jack: explains we could use an attribute to control strict or loose parsing
09:36:30 [jackjansen]
All: think this is ugly
09:36:34 [Yves]
:)
09:38:17 [jackjansen]
Jack: suggestion: we mandate the chair to decide something
09:42:49 [raphael]
Jack: I have no strong feeling either way
09:44:17 [jackjansen]
Jack: I do think (and so does Davy) that if we recognize the attribute name then the value musrt adhere to our syntax
09:44:26 [jackjansen]
s/musrt/must
09:44:53 [raphael]
#t=banana ... means parsing stops
09:45:36 [davy]
#t=10&t=20 ... means parsing stops?
09:45:46 [Yves]
well if you always ignore what you don't understand #t=banana&xywh=10,10,20,20 should be xywh=10,10,20,20
09:46:16 [davy]
I disagree
09:46:47 [jackjansen]
That woulnd mean that t=1o&xywh=1,2,3,4 wold pars
09:47:15 [Yves]
this is what is consistent with 'ignorning what you don't understand'
09:48:05 [Yves]
we have t=npt:120, what happens if we have t=<mytimeunit>:120 ?
09:53:04 [Yves]
we can have extensionaxis = extensionname = extensionvalue
09:53:21 [raphael]
Jack: we should not try to encode in a grammar what we will not understand
09:55:26 [Yves]
but jack, encoding extension points is a good thing to do
10:00:50 [jackjansen]
Yves: either we do nothing about extension or do it correct, with extensionaxis in the grammar
10:01:47 [jackjansen]
Yves: we could check what existing implementations do
10:02:01 [jackjansen]
Raphael: they are waiting for us to specify correct behaviour
10:03:25 [jackjansen]
Raphael: time to adjourn
10:04:30 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:04:31 [Zakim]
-Davy
10:04:31 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
10:04:32 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:04:32 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:04:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were +39.523.0.aaaa, raphael, +20592aabb, Yves, jackjansen, +329331aacc, Davy
10:05:07 [raphael]
Jack: I suggest the chairs put a deadline and take a decision on this issue
10:05:27 [raphael]
Raphael: I agree, I will have a discussion with Erik
10:05:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:06:24 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:09:25 [raphael]
s/wold/would
10:09:42 [raphael]
s/ignorning/ignoring
10:09:49 [raphael]
s/pars/parse
10:10:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:11:00 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
10:11:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:24:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag