IRC log of ws-ra on 2010-10-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:30:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:30:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-ws-ra-irc
19:30:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:30:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
19:30:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:30:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
19:30:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:30:17 [trackbot]
Date: 05 October 2010
19:30:19 [ircleuser]
ircleuser has joined #ws-ra
19:30:24 [ircleuser]
hi
19:30:28 [Tom_Rutt]
Tom_Rutt has joined #ws-ra
19:30:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.831.713.aaaa
19:30:40 [WeiJunKong]
WeiJunKong has joined #ws-ra
19:31:06 [Zakim]
+ +39.331.574.aabb
19:31:24 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:31:28 [asoldano]
Zakim, aabb is asoldano
19:31:29 [Zakim]
+asoldano; got it
19:31:52 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
19:31:54 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
19:32:20 [Bob_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
19:32:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2, Bob_Freund, Igor_Sedukhin, +1.831.713.aaaa, asoldano, [Microsoft], Tom_Rutt
19:32:38 [Zakim]
+Yves
19:32:44 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:33:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aacc
19:35:01 [Bob_]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Oct/0024.html
19:35:47 [Bob_]
zakim, pick a victim
19:35:47 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose +1.831.713.aaaa
19:36:07 [gpilz]
SCRIBE: gpilz
19:36:19 [gpilz]
TOPIC: Agenda
19:36:30 [gpilz]
RESOLUTION: Agenda approved with no changes
19:36:45 [gpilz]
TOPIC: Approval of minutes of 2010-09-28
19:36:57 [gpilz]
RESOLUTION: minutes of 2010-09-28 approved
19:37:07 [gpilz]
TOPIC: LCWD Comments
19:37:25 [gpilz]
-Issue-10960 MEX: Eventing: MaxExpires assertion needs a min value http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10960
19:37:35 [gpilz]
Bob: Doug has not joined the call yet
19:37:40 [asoldano]
Zakim, who is making noise?
19:37:54 [Zakim]
asoldano, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bob_Freund (75%), ??P2 (3%)
19:38:16 [gpilz]
RESOLUTION: new issue opened http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10960
19:38:19 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
19:38:33 [gpilz]
Bob: should we wait for Doug to discuss?
19:38:51 [gpilz]
Dave: yeah
19:39:02 [gpilz]
TOPIC: Feature Lists
19:39:17 [gpilz]
Bob: ODT is easy to convert to HTML
19:39:42 [gpilz]
... ODT can also be saved in .doc form
19:40:55 [gpilz]
... let's use tool-neutral formats just to keep the peace
19:42:06 [gpilz]
q+
19:42:43 [W3C]
W3C has joined #ws-ra
19:42:54 [Bob_]
ack gp
19:46:14 [Zakim]
+Martin_Chapman
19:47:03 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
19:47:08 [Zakim]
+Katy_Warr
19:47:53 [Bob_]
bob waves at katy & dug
19:47:57 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
19:51:04 [gpilz]
ACTION: gpilz to open issue on WS-Eventing and the "expiration feature"
19:51:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-168 - Open issue on WS-Eventing and the "expiration feature" [on Gilbert Pilz - due 2010-10-12].
19:54:51 [gpilz]
TOPIC: Schedule for Primers
19:59:44 [gpilz]
ACTION: primers for MEX, Transfer, Frag due on the 19th
19:59:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - primers
20:00:10 [gpilz]
ACTION: Doug - primers for MEX, Transfer, Frag due on the 19th
20:00:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-169 - - primers for MEX, Transfer, Frag due on the 19th [on Doug Davis - due 2010-10-12].
20:00:15 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
20:01:44 [gpilz]
Yves: primers should be W3C "Notes"
20:03:29 [gpilz]
ACTION: gpilz - primer for Eventing due on 2010-10-19
20:03:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-170 - - primer for Eventing due on 2010-10-19 [on Gilbert Pilz - due 2010-10-12].
20:04:30 [Ram]
q+
20:04:35 [Ram]
q-
20:05:33 [W3C]
what is doug's issue number
20:05:44 [Bob_]
10960
20:05:51 [W3C]
thx
20:06:06 [gpilz]
q+
20:07:04 [Bob_]
ack gp
20:10:00 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:10:31 [gpilz]
q+
20:10:33 [Bob_]
ack tom
20:11:06 [Bob_]
ack next
20:11:06 [Wu]
q+
20:12:46 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
20:13:21 [W3C]
W3C has left #ws-ra
20:13:27 [Bob_]
ack next
20:13:30 [W3C]
W3C has joined #ws-ra
20:14:12 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
20:14:47 [gpilz]
q+
20:14:47 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:14:52 [gpilz]
Note, a subscription expiring as expected is not considered to be an unexpected termination, therefore a SubscriptionEnd message MUST NOT be sent in this case.
20:15:00 [Bob_]
ack next
20:16:27 [Wu]
q+
20:16:30 [Bob_]
ack next
20:16:48 [Bob_]
q Dug
20:17:00 [Bob_]
q+ Dug
20:17:27 [Bob_]
q+
20:17:49 [Bob_]
ack wu
20:17:56 [Tom_Rutt]
If pt0s means "as long as possible", then it is a valid return value. However, as Wu said, any killing of that subscription should have the end message, since it is ending at less than infinity.
20:18:10 [gpilz]
q+
20:18:13 [gpilz]
If the event source terminates a subscription unexpectedly, and it supports the use of the EndTo EPR, and the EndTo EPR was present in the Subscribe message for that subscription (seeĀ 4.1 Subscribe), the SubscriptionEnd message MUST be sent to the endpoint reference indicated by that EPR, if possible.
20:18:47 [Zakim]
-Martin_Chapman
20:18:52 [W3C]
W3C has left #ws-ra
20:19:00 [Bob_]
ack dug
20:20:14 [Bob_]
ack bob
20:21:36 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:21:40 [Bob_]
ack next
20:23:44 [Bob_]
ack next
20:23:46 [Tom_Rutt]
I think it is important to distinguish "do not care how long the subscription is alive" vs "keep it alive as long as possible"
20:24:13 [gpilz]
+1
20:24:26 [Bob_]
shall we keep the subscription alive even if it is in a vegatative state?
20:24:37 [gpilz]
freeze its head
20:25:45 [Ram]
q+
20:25:59 [Bob_]
ack ram
20:26:15 [gpilz]
Ram: typo in the WS-Enumeration spec
20:26:29 [gpilz]
... Doug said he would treat it as an editorial issue
20:26:33 [Bob_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Oct/0015.html
20:27:48 [gpilz]
Bob: any objections to editors making this correction?
20:27:59 [gpilz]
RESOLUTION: editorial issue resolved
20:28:04 [gpilz]
TOPIC: Next Meetings
20:28:16 [gpilz]
Bob: next telecon will be October 26th
20:28:30 [gpilz]
... we should start planning a F2F for testing
20:28:54 [gpilz]
... In Jan we've picked up most of the implementations
20:29:02 [gpilz]
... nearly the full set in January
20:29:18 [gpilz]
Ram: would like end of January
20:30:02 [gpilz]
Bob: week of Jan 24th?
20:30:18 [gpilz]
Ram: I'm available. I'll confirm my product teams availability.
20:30:27 [gpilz]
Bob: does anybody see any major conflicts?
20:30:38 [gpilz]
Doug: I won't be able to tell until I get to my hotel
20:30:52 [gpilz]
Bob: declaring Boston out of bounds
20:30:59 [gpilz]
Dave: that week is out for me
20:33:49 [gpilz]
Bob: somewhere in the U.S., somewhere south central or west coast
20:34:53 [gpilz]
Gil: I might be able to host in Redwood Shores (or maybe S.F.)
20:35:35 [asoldano]
bye
20:35:37 [Zakim]
-Vikas
20:35:38 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:35:38 [Zakim]
-Igor_Sedukhin
20:35:39 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
20:35:40 [Zakim]
-??P2
20:35:41 [Zakim]
-Gil
20:35:41 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
20:35:42 [Zakim]
-Yves
20:35:44 [Zakim]
-Katy_Warr
20:35:46 [Zakim]
-asoldano
20:35:48 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
20:35:50 [Bob_]
rrsagent, draft hours
20:35:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob_
20:36:23 [Bob_]
LOL, this time I got there first
20:37:02 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
20:37:04 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
20:37:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bob_Freund, Igor_Sedukhin, +1.831.713.aaaa, +39.331.574.aabb, [Microsoft], asoldano, Tom_Rutt, Yves, +1.571.262.aacc, Vikas, Gil, Wu_Chou, Martin_Chapman,
20:37:08 [Zakim]
... Doug_Davis, Katy_Warr
21:27:24 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
22:34:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-ra