IRC log of egov on 2010-10-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:52:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
11:52:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-irc
11:52:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:52:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #egov
11:52:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
11:52:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
11:52:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
11:52:48 [trackbot]
Date: 01 October 2010
11:53:09 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Sep/0048.html
11:53:14 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Michael
11:53:20 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
11:53:36 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:53:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:53:42 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:59:23 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, code?
11:59:23 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), mhausenblas
11:59:28 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has now started
11:59:36 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aaaa
11:59:58 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is me
11:59:58 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
12:00:31 [mhausenblas]
sandro, will you join us today?
12:01:03 [Zakim]
+Sandro
12:02:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.268.aabb
12:03:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is Brand
12:03:03 [Zakim]
+Brand; got it
12:03:48 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
12:04:00 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/09/17-egov-minutes.html
12:04:24 [Brand]
+1
12:04:30 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: group accepts the minutes from last meeting
12:04:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.333.aacc
12:04:56 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aacc is gdick
12:04:56 [Zakim]
+gdick; got it
12:04:59 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/products/20
12:05:11 [mhausenblas]
MacTed, are you around?
12:05:35 [mhausenblas]
assuming your action continues, MacTed ...
12:05:51 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Linked Open Government Application Challenge straw man call
12:05:57 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:06:44 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft#To_Do
12:07:28 [mhausenblas]
Michael: need to go through the open issues
12:07:44 [mhausenblas]
Brand: get the sunlight foundation involved
12:12:02 [mhausenblas]
Michael: my bad, I didn't mark the actions correctly, so this was not visible - now updated with product "Government Linked Data (GLD) Demo"
12:14:26 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Brand to contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge
12:14:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-116 - Contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge [on Brand Niemann - due 2010-10-08].
12:16:55 [mhausenblas]
Michael: what about organisation?
12:19:10 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: sandro to check back with W3C legal about the organisation status
12:19:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-117 - Check back with W3C legal about the organisation status [on Sandro Hawke - due 2010-10-08].
12:19:51 [mhausenblas]
find all new actions at http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/products/20
12:20:40 [mhausenblas]
Sandro: Re website, one option would be www.w3.org/egov/XXX
12:21:09 [Zakim]
-gdick
12:21:37 [mhausenblas]
Michael: we need a good name
12:22:07 [mhausenblas]
Sandro: Settle on GLD, also the upcoming WG will be called like this
12:23:22 [Zakim]
+gdick
12:23:56 [mhausenblas]
Michael: GLD works for me, but need to emphasis apps
12:24:31 [mhausenblas]
... GLD Application Challenge
12:25:19 [mhausenblas]
Michael: re time frame
12:25:40 [sandro]
+1
12:26:32 [mhausenblas]
sandro: re time frame, let's work back from an event were we want to present the winners
12:26:46 [mhausenblas]
... for example the Gov summit in Washington in May 2011
12:27:01 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aadd
12:27:14 [sandro]
s/Gov/Gov 2.0/
12:27:45 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
12:27:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, Brand, gdick, +3539149aadd
12:27:59 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aadd is Deirdre
12:27:59 [Zakim]
+Deirdre; got it
12:28:03 [Brand]
I just sent a request to Sunlight Labs to let us know who the new director is and if they are interested in supporting / participating in out Challenge
12:28:13 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
12:28:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, Brand, gdick, Deirdre
12:28:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, gdick, Brand, tlr, mhausenblas, trackbot, edsu, sandro
12:29:33 [Brand]
http://semanticommunity.net
12:30:34 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:30:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:30:52 [Brand]
I need to go to another call, thanks
12:30:57 [Zakim]
-Brand
12:31:41 [deirdreLee_]
deirdreLee_ has joined #egov
12:31:50 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:32:01 [mhausenblas]
Brand we lost you on the call
12:34:22 [Brand]
I had to go to another call - sorry
12:34:42 [mhausenblas]
ok, Brand, thanks a lot!
12:36:45 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:36:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:37:06 [mhausenblas]
sandro: trying to think of what possibilities there are for venues
12:37:15 [mhausenblas]
... like ORA Gov Summit
12:37:21 [sandro]
what to attach it to? O'Reilly Gov 2.0 Summit may be too American
12:37:33 [sandro]
s/Summit/Expo/
12:38:19 [sandro]
also, WWW2011, ISWC, ESWC
12:39:11 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I don't think conferences are a good place
12:39:21 [sandro]
more government-oriented would be better.
12:39:42 [sandro]
michael: right, better to have policy makers, decision makers, end customers.
12:41:04 [mhausenblas]
public-egov-ig@w3.org
12:41:25 [edsu]
is it worth joining the call now, sorry i missed it
12:41:45 [mhausenblas]
edsu, always worth it ;)
12:41:46 [sandro]
:-)
12:43:02 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Deirdre volunteered to come up with a list of potential targets for the venue
12:43:10 [Zakim]
+[LC]
12:43:22 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, LC edsu
12:43:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'LC edsu', mhausenblas
12:43:29 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, [LC] edsu
12:43:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[LC] edsu', mhausenblas
12:43:35 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, [LC] is edsu
12:43:35 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
12:43:45 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:47:03 [edsu]
incidentally ran across this at amazon aws workshop, not sure if you guys knew about it already http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/openei/
12:47:43 [edsu]
scan for "Linked Open Data"
12:51:07 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:51:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:52:54 [Zakim]
-gdick
12:54:09 [Zakim]
+gdick
12:55:29 [mhausenblas]
edsu: at last WWW there was quite some interest (FB, etc.), right?
12:58:14 [mhausenblas]
Sandro: potential judges: XXX Miller, TimBL, TimORA, someone from sunlight
12:58:55 [sandro]
s/XXX/Ellen/
12:59:59 [edsu]
q+ to ask about collecting possible venues to announce
13:00:06 [mhausenblas]
ack edsu
13:00:06 [Zakim]
edsu, you wanted to ask about collecting possible venues to announce
13:01:36 [mhausenblas]
edsu: shall we collect announce/promotion channels?
13:01:51 [mhausenblas]
Michael: yes please, on the Wiki
13:02:07 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
13:02:20 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:02:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:02:39 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
13:02:40 [Zakim]
-Deirdre
13:02:40 [Zakim]
-Sandro
13:02:41 [Zakim]
-gdick
13:02:41 [Zakim]
-edsu
13:02:41 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has ended
13:02:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were +3539149aaaa, mhausenblas, Sandro, +1.703.268.aabb, Brand, +1.508.333.aacc, gdick, +3539149aadd, Deirdre, edsu
13:02:47 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
13:02:47 [trackbot]
Sorry, mhausenblas, I don't understand 'trackbot, end telecon '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:03:00 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, stop telecon
13:03:00 [trackbot]
Sorry, mhausenblas, I don't understand 'trackbot, stop telecon '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:03:07 [gdick]
gdick has left #egov
13:03:23 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:03:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:03:47 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
13:03:57 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, bye
13:03:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #egov
13:04:02 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, bye
13:04:02 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-actions.rdf :
13:04:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Brand to contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge [1]
13:04:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-irc#T12-14-26
13:04:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sandro to check back with W3C legal about the organisation status [2]
13:04:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-irc#T12-19-10