IRC log of svg on 2010-09-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:59:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #svg
19:59:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-irc
20:00:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:00:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #svg
20:00:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GA_SVGWG
20:00:04 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
20:00:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference
20:00:04 [trackbot]
Date: 30 September 2010
20:03:21 [shepazu]
Zakim:, room for 7?
20:03:42 [anthony]
anthony has joined #svg
20:03:51 [ed]
Zakim, code?
20:03:51 [Zakim]
sorry, ed, I don't know what conference this is
20:04:13 [shepazu]
Zakim, room for 7?
20:04:15 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; conference Team_(svg)20:04Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 2104Z
20:04:28 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)20:04Z has now started
20:04:29 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
20:04:42 [shepazu]
Zakim, this is SVG
20:04:42 [Zakim]
shepazu, this was already Team_(svg)20:04Z
20:04:43 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; that matches Team_(svg)20:04Z
20:05:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:05:18 [ed]
Zakim, [IP is me
20:05:18 [Zakim]
+ed; got it
20:06:03 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:06:11 [anthony]
Zakim, ??P13 is me
20:06:11 [Zakim]
+anthony; got it
20:06:39 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
20:06:39 [ed]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0144.html
20:07:03 [ChrisL]
i'm having a problem connecting, zakim says the conference is restricted
20:10:07 [Zakim]
+ +39.524.9.aaaa
20:10:21 [ChrisL]
zakim, +39 is me
20:10:21 [Zakim]
+ChrisL; got it
20:11:14 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
20:11:23 [ed]
chair: ed
20:11:29 [ed]
scribeNick: ed
20:11:41 [ed]
topic: SVG 1.1 implementation report / testsuite
20:12:41 [Zakim]
+ +39.524.9.aabb
20:12:53 [ChrisL]
zakim, +39 is me
20:12:53 [Zakim]
+ChrisL; got it
20:13:35 [ed]
ed: we should get started on the 1.1 implementation report
20:14:00 [ed]
CL: have an action to go through old tests and mark them properly as reviewed/approved
20:14:05 [ed]
...will do that tomorrow
20:15:28 [ed]
ed: will hopefully have some automated tests for checking in tomorrow
20:15:50 [ed]
cl: the css wg did some automated tests too
20:17:07 [ed]
ed: all this is using the test.w3.org testing framework
20:17:36 [ed]
... what do we need to do to get started on the implementation report?
20:18:24 [ed]
cl: did we agree to use the same template as before, the xml-files generated by the svg perl scripts?
20:18:37 [ed]
ed: yes, if it still works
20:18:44 [ed]
ag: checking this now
20:18:55 [ed]
...they are being generated
20:20:07 [ed]
ed: we need to make sure that only accepted tests are in the test status xml-file
20:20:32 [ed]
...currently it's probably using the list of tests that are in the harness, which includes drafts
20:22:47 [ed]
ACTION: AG to generate the svg 1.1f2 implementation report test status xml-template consisting of the list of all accepted SVG 1.1 tests
20:22:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2877 - Generate the svg 1.1f2 implementation report test status xml-template consisting of the list of all accepted SVG 1.1 tests [on Anthony Grasso - due 2010-10-07].
20:25:20 [ed]
ed: do we need to re-run previous 1.1 tests, or can we run just the new tests?
20:25:45 [ed]
cl: we could, but it's probably better to re-run everything
20:26:20 [ed]
(discussion on who has actions for testing various implementation)
20:26:52 [ed]
ag: just regenerated the test status template, need to get the list of tests to include
20:29:12 [ed]
ed: sent http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0140.html (some tests that need review)
20:29:43 [ed]
... if we need to change the spec to address 1.1F2, we will need to add more tests
20:29:51 [ed]
... how do we deal with that?
20:31:28 [ed]
cl: we can merge old test results with new test results
20:31:34 [ed]
...most tests won't change
20:31:41 [ed]
... avoid repeating work
20:32:12 [ed]
ds: we should only test tests that changed, or where previously it was a fail
20:32:42 [ed]
ag: we could generate the blank impl query, and start merging bits that we know results for
20:33:09 [ed]
ds: is this a job for xslt?
20:33:17 [ed]
cl: not very good at taking two input documents
20:33:37 [ed]
ds: what's the process, how are we going to do this?
20:34:00 [ed]
ag: i have the action mentioned above, to generate the test report
20:34:56 [ed]
ds: what's the automated process?
20:35:48 [ed]
cl: not there yet, but merge old results, generate new template with those results
20:36:08 [ed]
...this is mostly for when we add a small amount of new tests
20:36:39 [ed]
ds: if we put the results into a database it might be easier
20:36:58 [ed]
cl: sure, that means we don't use the xml templates
20:37:26 [ed]
ds: so it's mostly about how we do this in an easy way
20:38:27 [ed]
... a CSV file can easily be imported into SQL
20:38:40 [ed]
... don't know how we want to automate the process
20:40:12 [ed]
... we should talk to the testing taskforce
20:40:59 [ed]
ed: so the testing framework seems to have provisions for automated (scriptdriven) tests, and produces an html report, but not sure about manual/interactive tests
20:41:31 [shepazu]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview
20:42:56 [ed]
topic: TPAC
20:43:52 [ed]
ds: people should register for TPAC as soon as possible
20:44:07 [ed]
cl: the daily charge goes up soon
20:46:00 [ed]
ds: we need to set up a meeting with the css group
20:46:30 [ed]
... CL can you setup an FX taskforce meeting?
20:47:32 [ed]
ACTION: CL to set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS WG for TPAC 2010
20:47:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2878 - Set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS WG for TPAC 2010 [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-10-07].
20:50:26 [ed]
ed: any other groups we want to meet with?
20:50:29 [ed]
ag: html, xsl?
20:50:46 [ed]
ds: do we need to meet with webapps?
20:52:36 [ed]
... there will be discussion of DOM 3 Events
20:54:21 [ed]
... one open issue for DOM 3 Events is that DOM 3 Events doesn't have a way to normalize x and y coordinates (for transforms etc)
20:54:44 [ed]
cl: what does that means?
20:55:06 [ed]
ds: it's to deal with screenCTM etc
20:57:51 [ed]
ACTION: ed to contact jwatt regarding DOM 3 Events and mouse events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3 Events
20:57:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2879 - Contact jwatt regarding DOM 3 Events and mouse events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3 Events [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-10-07].
20:59:44 [ed]
topic: next f2f (after tpac)
20:59:52 [ed]
ed: what's the status?
21:00:27 [ed]
ds: jwatt is investigating mozilla hosting in new zeeland
21:01:23 [shepazu]
Jonathan Watt wrote (on 9/13/10 9:26 PM):
21:01:24 [shepazu]
Okay, got approval. Mozilla will host a F2F in Auckland in January/February
21:01:24 [shepazu]
(other date could be fine too, but the weather is good then).
21:02:47 [shepazu]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Testing_Framework
21:02:54 [ed]
cl: tpac is november, so january sounds a bit early
21:05:34 [ed]
ed: late february would be good, since tpac is in november
21:05:39 [ed]
cl: sounds good to me
21:06:35 [ed]
ds: will communicate that to jwatt
21:07:04 [ed]
ed: would be nice to get the meetings wikipage updated with the details for the auckland f2f
21:07:20 [ed]
ds: will remind him about that too
21:09:03 [anthony]
http://dev.w3.org/Graphics-FX/modules/2D-transforms/spec/2DTransforms.html
21:09:42 [ed]
topic: css/svg 2d transforms
21:10:00 [ed]
ag: many changes, see changelog for the history
21:10:06 [ed]
... mostly ready for publishing
21:12:37 [ed]
topic: html change requests
21:13:04 [ed]
ds: html wg is trying to freeze changes to html5, and they want changerequests in today or tomorrow
21:13:35 [ed]
... the treatment of param elements was one thing i know of, they're static and don't update
21:13:55 [ed]
... i'm filling out a change req for that
21:14:03 [ed]
...anything else we need to ask for?
21:14:20 [ed]
... referring to the SVG integration spec, maybe?
21:14:33 [ed]
CL: i thought we had already agreed to doing that
21:14:39 [ed]
ed: yes, would be good
21:29:18 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
21:29:18 [Zakim]
-ed
21:29:20 [Zakim]
-anthony
21:29:30 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
21:29:32 [ed]
trackbot, end telcon
21:29:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
21:29:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
21:29:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html trackbot
21:29:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-actions.rdf :
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AG to generate the svg 1.1f2 implementation report test status xml-template consisting of the list of all accepted SVG 1.1 tests [1]
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-irc#T20-22-47
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CL to set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS WG for TPAC 2010 [2]
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-irc#T20-47-32
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ed to contact jwatt regarding DOM 3 Events and mouse events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3 Events [3]
21:29:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-irc#T20-57-51
21:29:34 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)20:04Z has ended
21:29:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shepazu, [IPcaller], ed, anthony, +39.524.9.aaaa, ChrisL, +39.524.9.aabb
21:29:42 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is