IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-09-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:02:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:02:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-irc
09:02:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:02:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:02:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:02:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 2 minutes ago
09:02:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:02:15 [trackbot]
Date: 29 September 2010
09:03:03 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0075.html
09:03:35 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:03:42 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:03:55 [raphael]
Chair: Erik
09:04:03 [raphael]
Regrets: Silvia, Erik
09:04:05 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
09:04:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:04:46 [Zakim]
+chris
09:05:06 [raphael]
zakim, chris is davy
09:05:06 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
09:05:09 [dvdeurse]
dvdeurse has joined #mediafrag
09:06:19 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:09:28 [dvdeurse]
dvdeurse has joined #mediafrag
09:11:02 [raphael]
Present: Yves, Davy, Raphael
09:11:51 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:12:36 [davy]
TOPIC 1. ADMIN
09:12:48 [davy]
scribenick: davy
09:12:49 [raphael]
s/TOPIC/Topic:
09:12:56 [Yves]
s/1.//
09:12:58 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html
09:13:00 [davy]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 22 September 2010 telecon:
09:13:00 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html
09:13:10 [davy]
+1
09:13:13 [Yves]
+1
09:13:14 [raphael]
+1
09:13:21 [davy]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
09:13:21 [raphael]
ACTIOn-183?
09:13:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-183 -- Raphaël Troncy to send reminders to all relevant groups -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN
09:13:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/183
09:13:35 [davy]
raphael: will finish that today
09:13:42 [raphael]
ACTIOn-185?
09:13:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
09:13:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185
09:14:02 [davy]
Yves: pending, will do that right now
09:14:06 [raphael]
TPAC registration: http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration
09:15:02 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#MediaF
09:15:29 [raphael]
Registered persons for TPAC from the group: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#MediaF
09:16:25 [davy]
action: troncy to remind Jack and Michael to register asap for TPAC
09:16:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-188 - Remind Jack and Michael to register asap for TPAC [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-10-06].
09:17:31 [davy]
TOPIC: MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION:
09:17:38 [davy]
action-186?
09:17:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-186 -- Philip Jägenstedt to send his list of test cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and html-encoded URL -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
09:17:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/186
09:17:54 [raphael]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0057.html
09:18:49 [davy]
Yves: wonder if the same thing can be obtained with firebug
09:19:09 [davy]
close action-186
09:19:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-186 Send his list of test cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and html-encoded URL closed
09:19:23 [davy]
action-187?
09:19:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-187 -- Philip Jägenstedt to start a new thread about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
09:19:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/187
09:20:07 [davy]
raphael: people agreed with proposal (2) of Philip
09:20:22 [davy]
yves: would like to know the opinion of Jack
09:21:11 [davy]
raphael: first decide which proposal, afterwards decide how it is written in the spec
09:22:13 [davy]
yves: just against the fact that saying that all key-value pairs are media fragments
09:22:54 [davy]
raphael: on condition is that you need to have keys that we understand
09:23:03 [davy]
... if this is not the case, it's not a media fragment
09:23:27 [davy]
yves: not in favour, but also not against this
09:23:49 [davy]
close action-187
09:23:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-187 Start a new thread about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week closed
09:24:36 [davy]
raphael: philip would like to distinghuis between validity and parsing
09:25:08 [davy]
s/distinghuis/distinguish
09:26:12 [davy]
yves: if we have grammar explaining what should be there, and a parsing algorithm, that's fine
09:26:14 [raphael]
Is this grammar could be http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Aug/0005.html
09:26:40 [davy]
yves: this is not a grammar
09:27:47 [davy]
... it's a general approach to parse key-value pairs
09:28:29 [davy]
raphael: the grammar we currently have, will be kept of course
09:29:05 [Yves]
I propose, keep the current grammar and add the extension point, _and_ define a parsing algorithm for those who need it
09:30:10 [Yves]
mediasegment = namesegment / axissegment
09:30:10 [Yves]
axissegment = ( timesegment / spacesegment / tracksegment )
09:30:10 [Yves]
*( "&" ( timesegment / spacesegment / tracksegment )
09:30:11 [Yves]
;
09:30:20 [Yves]
=> add extensionsegment there
09:31:47 [davy]
yves: a mediasegment can't be only an extensionsegment
09:31:57 [raphael]
Yves propose that: mediasegment = namesegment / axissegment / extensionsegment + prose to state that a media segment cannot be only an extension segment
09:43:54 [davy]
yves: we have to state that extensions should remain compatible with the current spec
09:44:25 [davy]
... e.g., bounding box (through xywh) as fallback for an arbitrary shape (through ref)
09:44:26 [Yves]
extensionsegment = extensionname '=' extensionvalue
09:45:52 [raphael]
extensionsegment = extensionprefix '=' extensionparam
09:46:23 [Yves]
issue is with extensions that conflict with already defined axis, like 'ref' being impacting the spatial dimension defined by 'xywh'
09:46:54 [davy]
raphael: top-level production rules of the grammar should be in de document as well, not only in the appendix
09:47:09 [davy]
... in section 3.5 or 4.1
09:47:21 [davy]
s/3.5/4.3.5
09:49:32 [davy]
action: troncy to put the top-level production rules back into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1)
09:49:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-189 - Put the top-level production rules back into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2010-10-06].
09:50:12 [davy]
raphael: still missing is a paragraph how things should be parsed
09:50:42 [davy]
... I will ask Philip regarding this issue
09:51:04 [davy]
close action-187
09:51:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-187 Start a new thread about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week closed
09:51:15 [davy]
action-173?
09:51:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-173 -- Yves Lafon to produce the code that will check the grammar of both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax -- due 2010-06-22 -- OPEN
09:51:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/173
09:51:45 [davy]
yves: not done yet for the header syntax
09:52:08 [davy]
Topic: PUBLIC COMMENTS
09:52:15 [raphael]
ACTION-184?
09:52:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-184 -- Yves Lafon to email Chris the reply on when to send the range header -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN
09:52:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/184
09:52:49 [davy]
close action-184
09:52:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-184 Email Chris the reply on when to send the range header closed
09:53:39 [davy]
raphael: should we use the bug tracker for LC comments?
09:55:41 [davy]
yves: a manual approach should be feasible (e.g., manually building an HTML table)
09:56:48 [davy]
raphael: suggest to start with manual approach, when a lot of comments are coming, we might consider using the bug tracker
09:57:03 [raphael]
ACTION-167?
09:57:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-167 -- Erik Mannens to find licence free movies for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN
09:57:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167
09:58:28 [davy]
Topic: AOB
09:58:55 [davy]
[adjourned]
09:59:04 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:59:06 [Zakim]
-Yves
09:59:07 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:59:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, davy, Yves
09:59:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:22:11 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
10:22:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:10:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag