IRC log of ws-ra on 2010-09-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:28:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:28:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-ws-ra-irc
19:29:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:29:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
19:29:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:29:02 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
19:29:03 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:29:03 [trackbot]
Date: 28 September 2010
19:29:32 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
19:30:00 [Zakim]
+ +44.196.281.aaaa
19:30:48 [Zakim]
+asoldano
19:31:25 [DugD]
DugD has joined #ws-ra
19:32:30 [Zakim]
+??P4
19:32:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.860.aabb
19:33:04 [dug]
zakim, mute P4
19:33:04 [Zakim]
sorry, dug, I do not know which phone connection belongs to P4
19:33:08 [Bob_]
zakim, who is noisy?
19:33:13 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
19:33:19 [Zakim]
Bob_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P4 (28%)
19:33:24 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:33:27 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
19:33:36 [dug]
zakim, mute ??P4
19:33:36 [Zakim]
??P4 should now be muted
19:33:46 [Zakim]
-??P4
19:35:05 [wu]
wu has joined #ws-ra
19:35:32 [Bob_]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Sep/0014.html
19:35:46 [Zakim]
+Yves
19:35:49 [Zakim]
+??P4
19:38:24 [Bob_]
scribenick: Katy
19:38:49 [Katy]
TOPIC: Agenda
19:38:54 [Katy]
Agenda accepted
19:39:09 [Katy]
TOPIC: Approve minutes from 21st Sept
19:39:17 [Katy]
Minutes approved
19:39:33 [Bob_]
Topic: Issue-10768 MEX: Optionality of GetWSDL http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10768 -Davis
19:39:37 [Katy]
TOPIC: Issue 10768
19:40:13 [Katy]
Doug: Explains issue
19:40:58 [Katy]
Issue 10768 Accepted
19:41:12 [Bob_]
proposal: Proposal: Modify the GetWSDLResponse: Current text: [Body]/mex:GetWSDLResponse/xs:any When the GetWSDLResponse element contains any child elements, the first element MUST either be the WSDL metadata document, or a reference to the WSDL metadata document, of the endpoint. Any extension elements MUST appear after the WSDL document/reference. The absence of any child elements indicates that the endpoint does not have any WSDL document, or additional m
19:41:36 [Bob_]
"Any extension elements..." sentence: While an endpoint MAY choose to return a reference to the WSDL, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that the WSDL metadata document itself be returned. If a requester would like a reference to the WSDL then it can use the GetMetadata operation specifying the appropriate Content URI.
19:41:46 [ircleuser]
ircleuser has joined #ws-ra
19:42:04 [Katy]
No objections to accepting proposal
19:42:22 [Katy]
RESOLUTION: Issue 10768 resolved with proposal
19:42:31 [Bob_]
Topic: Issue-10785 MEX: PutMetadata is ambiguous on request with references http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10785
19:42:37 [Katy]
TOPIC: 10705
19:43:37 [Yves]
s/10705/10785
19:43:43 [Katy]
Doug: explains
19:43:50 [Katy]
thanks Yves
19:44:18 [Katy]
No objections to opening issue
19:45:37 [Katy]
RESOLUTION: Proposal accepted - Doug to edit approriate text
19:45:46 [Katy]
TOPIC: Feature list
19:46:07 [Katy]
Bob: Eventing, Mex, Transfer and Frag Feature lists out
19:46:27 [Katy]
... remaining expected within next couple of days
19:47:34 [Katy]
... Implementors must take feature template lists and mark up aspects that they are not implementing
19:47:37 [dug]
or ibm symphony
19:49:43 [dug]
word reads odt
19:49:44 [Katy]
Discussion about best format for document editing/sharing
19:51:08 [ircleuser]
Everyone should buy a mac and use Pages.
19:51:41 [dug]
try /nick
19:52:40 [Katy]
Bob: We will use HTML for these documents
19:53:05 [Katy]
Action: Bob will perform conversion on documents
19:53:05 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Bob
19:53:05 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. bnatale, rfreund)
19:53:18 [Katy]
Action: Bob_ will perform conversion on documents
19:53:18 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Bob_
19:53:49 [Bob_]
Action: Freund will perform conversion on documents
19:53:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-167 - Will perform conversion on documents [on Bob Freund - due 2010-10-05].
19:54:42 [Katy]
Bob: Will distribute the feature lists in html for discuss next week
19:55:42 [Katy]
Bob: Mex primer under review and should be distributed this week
19:56:07 [Katy]
... Doug will do Mex primer (no timescale yet)
19:56:20 [Katy]
... Gil and Wu to start work on Eventing
19:56:44 [Zakim]
-asoldano
19:56:45 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
19:56:47 [Zakim]
- +1.703.860.aabb
19:56:47 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
19:56:51 [Zakim]
-Yves
19:56:53 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
19:56:57 [Zakim]
-??P4
19:57:26 [Bob_]
rrsagent, draft hours
19:57:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob_
20:00:48 [Zakim]
- +44.196.281.aaaa
20:00:49 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
20:00:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Doug_Davis, Bob_Freund, +44.196.281.aaaa, asoldano, +1.703.860.aabb, Wu_Chou, Yves
22:01:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-ra