IRC log of xproc on 2010-09-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:54:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-xproc-irc
14:54:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xproc
14:54:49 [Norm]
zakim, this will be xproc
14:54:49 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; I see XML_PMWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:55:26 [Norm]
Norm has changed the topic to: XProc WG meets 23 Sep: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/09/23-agenda (Norm)
14:55:53 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
14:55:53 [Norm]
Date: 23 September 2010
14:55:53 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/09/23-agenda
14:55:53 [Norm]
Meeting: 180
14:55:53 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
14:55:54 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
14:55:56 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
14:56:38 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
15:01:17 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
15:01:20 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+[ArborText]
15:01:50 [ht]
zakim, code?
15:01:50 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), ht
15:02:12 [Zakim]
+??P8
15:02:17 [ht]
zakim, ? is me
15:02:17 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
15:02:44 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
15:02:56 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:03:50 [Zakim]
+Norm
15:04:08 [Norm]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:04:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, ht, Alex_Milows, Norm
15:04:11 [Norm]
Regrets: Mohamed
15:04:14 [Norm]
Regrets: Mohamed, Vojtech
15:04:21 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Henry, Alex, Norm
15:04:38 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:04:38 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/09/23-agenda
15:04:44 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:04:48 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:04:48 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/08/16-minutes
15:04:52 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:05:00 [Norm]
Topic: Processor profiles
15:05:26 [Norm]
Norm: New draft, thanks, Henry.
15:06:17 [Norm]
Henry: XProc is all over the map with respect to xml:id.
15:07:20 [Norm]
...In 2.4.1, we don't list the references properties as ones which must be preserved.
15:08:04 [Norm]
...We ought to say something about what happens to the IDness of xml:id attributes as they flow through the pipeline.
15:08:45 [Norm]
Norm: I think we dropped the ball.
15:08:56 [Norm]
Henry: I think we should raise an issue against XProc itself to raise the issue.
15:09:45 [Norm]
Henry: In the profile spec, in 2.4, we need to add a note about implementing xml:id for documents flowing through the pipeline.
15:10:03 [Norm]
...or rather, "in conformance with xml:id"
15:10:19 [Norm]
Henry: It's the primary input that's important.
15:10:38 [Norm]
Norm: With that ammendment, do you think it's ready to go public?
15:10:40 [Norm]
Henry: Yes
15:10:43 [Norm]
Paul: Yes
15:10:46 [Norm]
Norm: Ok, let's do it.
15:11:43 [Norm]
ACTION: Henry to update 2.4 in the profile spec to mention xml:id specifically and correct the typos Mohamed reported.
15:12:00 [Norm]
Propose: publish the resulting document as a new public WD
15:12:09 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:12:14 [Zakim]
-ht
15:12:43 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to raise the xml:id issue against the XProc spec
15:15:11 [Norm]
Topic: Vojtech's comment on err:XD0026
15:15:17 [Norm]
Norm: I think Vojtech is right.
15:15:44 [Norm]
Alex: I think it's just an oversight.
15:15:52 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to propose an erratum to fix it.
15:16:01 [Norm]
Topic: TPAC 2010
15:16:15 [Norm]
Norm: Does anyone have suggestions for agenda items for TPAC?
15:16:35 [Norm]
Alex: Dealing with processor profiles, obviously. Then maybe XProc 1.1?
15:16:38 [ht]
BTW, have I said here, I can't make it to TPAC
15:17:23 [Norm]
Norm: I'm not sure about 1.1, but some discussion of library of new steps.
15:18:25 [Norm]
Alex: Henry's template example would be a good thing to discuss too.
15:18:50 [Norm]
Norm: I'll have to review that thread, but I think that would require a new language feature.
15:19:17 [Norm]
Alex: I also think it would be good to spend some time looking at other specs thinking about what steps would be helpful for them.
15:21:35 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:21:43 [Norm]
Adjourned.
15:21:57 [Zakim]
-Norm
15:21:58 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:21:58 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:22:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were PGrosso, ht, Alex_Milows, Norm
15:22:01 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world visible
15:22:04 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:22:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-xproc-minutes.html Norm
15:56:11 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
17:31:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc