IRC log of wam on 2010-09-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
12:58:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc
12:58:39 [Zakim]
+Art_Barstow
12:58:50 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log Public
12:59:07 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
12:59:07 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
12:59:07 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0986.html
12:59:07 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
12:59:07 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
12:59:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.479.524.aaaa
13:00:03 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
13:00:03 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:00:05 [Zakim]
+Steven
13:00:21 [darobin]
darobin has joined #wam
13:04:12 [ArtB]
Present: Art_Barstow, Steven_Pemberton, Marcos_Caceres
13:04:18 [ArtB]
Topic: Review and tweak agenda
13:04:24 [ArtB]
AB: I posted a draft agenda yesterday ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0986.html ). Any change requests?
13:04:49 [ArtB]
AB: if Robin doesn't join us we will probably drop the URI scheme agenda item
13:05:06 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
13:05:11 [ArtB]
AB: the only announcement I have is a reminder September 28 is the deadline for comments re the Widget Interface LCWD.
13:05:19 [ArtB]
AB: any other announcements?
13:05:37 [ArtB]
Topic: Packaging and Configuration spec
13:05:43 [ArtB]
AB: the P&C Implementation Report suggests we still need lots of data ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/ ). Does anyone have anything new to report?
13:06:28 [ArtB]
AB: Opera's impl is quite good
13:06:39 [ArtB]
... but the next best impl is only about 50%
13:07:03 [ArtB]
AB: do we think we can get data from BONDI/WAC?
13:07:30 [ArtB]
MC: I'm not sure
13:07:42 [ArtB]
AB: I can follow-up with WAC's AC rep
13:08:21 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying implementation data for the widget specs
13:08:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-580 - Contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying implementation data for the widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
13:08:36 [ArtB]
AB: the test suite is complete, right Marcos?
13:08:50 [ArtB]
MC: yes, I believe so
13:09:03 [ArtB]
... but I haven't received any feedback from the I18N WG
13:09:20 [ArtB]
AB: did you give the I18N WG a deadline?
13:09:33 [ArtB]
MC: I'll check and follow-up with them
13:10:34 [ArtB]
AB: so 5 impls are roughly 50% and Opera's impl is 99%
13:11:16 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing data for widget spec implementation
13:11:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-581 - Contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing data for widget spec implementation [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
13:11:25 [ArtB]
MC: Aplix's data has some bugs
13:12:00 [ArtB]
... they need to re-run their tests
13:12:07 [ArtB]
... need to talk to Paddy Byers
13:12:31 [Marcos]
i18n email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0749.html
13:12:53 [ArtB]
AB: can Wookie, in theory, implement 100% of the P&C test cases?
13:13:02 [ArtB]
MC: yes and I think Scott plans to run them
13:13:26 [ArtB]
AB: any news from GPAC guys?
13:13:32 [ArtB]
MC: no, not recently
13:13:50 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow contact GPAC implementation people re implemenation data for widget specs
13:13:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-582 - Contact GPAC implementation people re implemenation data for widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
13:14:51 [ArtB]
AB: have you heard anything from RIM?
13:14:57 [ArtB]
MC: no; would be good to follow-up
13:16:03 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs
13:16:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-583 - Contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
13:17:02 [ArtB]
AB: Marcos, will Opera be able to increase from 99% to 100%?
13:17:21 [ArtB]
MC: yes; it's probably just a bug that needs to be fixed and the test case re-run
13:17:45 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on P&C for today?
13:18:17 [ArtB]
MC: I think we need to republish this spec again?
13:18:27 [ArtB]
... we have made several changes
13:18:38 [ArtB]
... need to publish a new LC I think
13:19:36 [ArtB]
AB: yes, I agree we have made many changes
13:20:35 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the Packaing and Configuration spec
13:20:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-584 - Start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the Packaing and Configuration spec [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
13:21:00 [ArtB]
MC: what about timeframes?
13:21:11 [ArtB]
AB: the CfC period is 1 week
13:21:39 [ArtB]
... and the LC comment period can be 3 weeks
13:22:37 [ArtB]
AB: if I start a CfC today, it will end on Sept 30 and if agreed, we can publish a new LC on Oct 5 that would end on Oct 26
13:23:30 [ArtB]
SP: the week after that would be TPAC
13:23:41 [ArtB]
... and we could add it the agenda for TPAC meeting
13:24:02 [ArtB]
AB: we previously said we won't have a widgets meeting durig TPAC
13:25:01 [ArtB]
Topic: Digital Signature spec
13:25:08 [ArtB]
AB: the DigSig Implementation Report suggests we have no implementation at all ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/imp-report/ )
13:25:50 [ArtB]
MC: that's right we don't have any impl data yet
13:26:20 [ArtB]
... we may need to regen the test cases because of an issue with one of the certs
13:26:51 [ArtB]
AB: until the test suite is updated and complete, I won't track people down re implemenation data
13:27:05 [ArtB]
AB: anything else?
13:27:16 [ArtB]
MC: we will fix the spec as soon as possible
13:27:28 [ArtB]
s/the spec/the test suite/
13:27:36 [ArtB]
... we need to get more review
13:28:33 [ArtB]
AB: I'll chase people after the test suite is updated
13:28:41 [ArtB]
Topic: Widget Interface spec
13:28:48 [ArtB]
AB: earlier today I created a comment tracking document for the September 7 LCWD ( http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-apis-20100907/ )
13:28:57 [ArtB]
AB: to date, I think the only comment we received is from Addison ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0728.html ). My recollection we discussed providing support for the locale and that is something that is platform-dependent and as such, is not directly controllable by a strict TWI user agent.
13:30:57 [ArtB]
MC: we have looked into this comment
13:31:42 [ArtB]
... must know the context and that can be different in the JS context
13:32:28 [ArtB]
AB: would it make sense to add a non-normative comment about this?
13:32:33 [ArtB]
MC: maybe
13:33:10 [ArtB]
... I can ask him how this is handeled in other places e.g. HTML5
13:33:42 [ArtB]
AB: is this something new version of ECMAScript is addressing?
13:33:45 [ArtB]
MC: not sure
13:34:59 [ArtB]
... I will follow-up with Addison
13:35:20 [ArtB]
AB: re Implementation Report, it would be good to get 2 impls at 100% so we can progress to PR. Now we have Opera @ 105% and Wookie @ 95%
13:36:04 [ArtB]
AB: the issue for Wookie is test case ta-za
13:36:17 [ArtB]
... Is there a bug in this test case?
13:36:21 [ArtB]
MC: yes
13:36:48 [ArtB]
... I will fix ta-za
13:36:59 [ArtB]
... and I will remove the openURL test case
13:37:07 [ArtB]
... expect an update later today
13:37:19 [ArtB]
... and we will add some additional test cases too
13:37:44 [ArtB]
AB: so, we need everyone to re-run the test suite?
13:37:59 [ArtB]
MC: yes; we need everyone to re-run the test cases
13:38:23 [ArtB]
ACTION: marcos after TWI test suite updated, send an annoucement to public-webapps
13:38:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-585 - After TWI test suite updated, send an annoucement to public-webapps [on Marcos Caceres - due 2010-09-30].
13:39:37 [ArtB]
AB: now there are 16 test cases in the TWI test suite
13:39:53 [ArtB]
... how many will there be after the upload?
13:39:59 [ArtB]
MC: about 50 test cases
13:40:37 [ArtB]
zakim, who's where?
13:40:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ArtB.
13:40:45 [ArtB]
zakim, who is here?
13:40:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Art_Barstow, +1.479.524.aaaa, Steven
13:40:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see darobin, RRSAgent, Zakim, Steven, kenneth_, MikeSmith, lca, ArtB, tlr, Marcos, trackbot
13:41:11 [ArtB]
... just checked, yes it is 50 test cases for TWI test suite
13:41:16 [Steven]
zakim, aaaa is Marcos
13:41:16 [Zakim]
+Marcos; got it
13:41:23 [ArtB]
Topic: URI Scheme spec
13:41:37 [ArtB]
AB: without Robin here, we will skip this item for today
13:42:37 [ArtB]
Topic: view-mode Media Feature spec:
13:42:43 [ArtB]
AB: what is the status of the view-mode Media Feature test suite ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/ )? It is complete, right?
13:42:54 [ArtB]
MC: yes, it is complete
13:43:02 [ArtB]
AB: I still have an action to ask CSS WG to review the test cases ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/576 ). Should we ask them to review all 16 test cases?
13:43:37 [ArtB]
MC: yes, they should review all 16 test cases
13:43:58 [ArtB]
... want to know if they think non-widget UA test cases are needed
13:44:09 [ArtB]
AB: any other instructions for the CSS WG?
13:44:43 [ArtB]
MC: I need to clean up the Intro section
13:45:21 [Marcos]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/#product-ua
13:45:48 [ArtB]
MC: they go the above and click on "Show all tests"
13:45:56 [ArtB]
AB: what is our deadline for comments?
13:46:14 [ArtB]
... by TPAC?
13:46:28 [ArtB]
MC: we don't have any Ref Impls that I know of
13:46:34 [ArtB]
... so, by TPAC would be fine
13:47:29 [ArtB]
MC: we may want to add another mode in the future
13:47:40 [ArtB]
... so there is a question about how to extend the spec?
13:47:53 [ArtB]
... we could just create a new spec that defines the new mode
13:47:58 [ArtB]
AB: yes, that would work
13:48:10 [ArtB]
Topic: Updates spec
13:48:16 [ArtB]
AB: what is the status and plan for next publication ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ )?
13:48:44 [ArtB]
MC: I think we are close to being ready to publish a new WD
13:49:38 [ArtB]
MC: I just talked to Richard and we would like to publish a new WD as soon as possible
13:50:05 [ArtB]
AB: since this has been a reocurring agenda item, I'm OK with going forward with the publication
13:50:26 [ArtB]
AB: any objections to publish a new WD of Updates spec on September 28?
13:50:36 [ArtB]
AB: I support the publication
13:50:40 [ArtB]
MC: me too
13:50:40 [Steven]
+1
13:51:11 [ArtB]
RESOLUTION: widgets group agrees to publish a new WD of the Updates spec on Sept 28
13:51:34 [ArtB]
AB: who is the main person for pubreq issues?
13:51:44 [ArtB]
MC: both Richard and I
13:52:00 [ArtB]
Topic: AOB
13:52:12 [ArtB]
AB: next call will be in 2 weeks (October 7) if there are sufficient agenda items; otherwise later
13:53:39 [ArtB]
MC: has Nokia made any widget-related plans?
13:54:39 [ArtB]
AB: yes, I added Nokia impl to our Impl wiki: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation#Widget_Packaging_and_Configuration_.28P.26C.29
13:54:59 [ArtB]
MC: can they provide data for our Implemenation Reports
13:55:36 [ArtB]
AB: yes, I don't see why not but the announced widget platform (Qt Web Runtime) is an "alpha" release
13:55:53 [ArtB]
... thus I don't know how stable or complete the impl is
13:57:37 [ArtB]
AB: given our call frequency is down, we will use CfC's via e-mail if/when necessary
13:58:01 [ArtB]
AB: anything else?
13:58:09 [ArtB]
AB: Meeting Adjourned
13:58:19 [Zakim]
-Steven
13:58:21 [Zakim]
-Marcos
13:58:22 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
13:58:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html ArtB
13:58:28 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
13:58:29 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM has ended
13:58:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Art_Barstow, +1.479.524.aaaa, Steven, Marcos
14:00:32 [Steven]
Steven has left #wam
14:07:59 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
14:07:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wam
14:08:03 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-actions.rdf :
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying implementation data for the widget specs [1]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-08-21
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing data for widget spec implementation [2]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-11-16
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow contact GPAC implementation people re implemenation data for widget specs [3]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-13-50
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs [4]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-16-03
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the Packaing and Configuration spec [5]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-20-35
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: marcos after TWI test suite updated, send an annoucement to public-webapps [6]
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-irc#T13-38-23