IRC log of mediaann on 2010-09-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:56:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:56:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-mediaann-irc
10:57:05 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
10:57:05 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
10:59:46 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
10:59:54 [Zakim]
+joakim
11:00:44 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
11:01:13 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:01:18 [joakim]
Hi, waiting others
11:02:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.588.aaaa - is perhaps Luis
11:04:44 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
11:04:44 [Zakim]
joakim, this was already IA_MAWG()7:00AM
11:04:45 [Zakim]
ok, joakim; that matches IA_MAWG()7:00AM
11:05:03 [joakim]
invite Zakim #mediaann
11:05:10 [Chris]
Chris has joined #mediaann
11:05:16 [joakim]
zakim, who's here?
11:05:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see joakim, wbailer, Luis
11:05:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Chris, joakim, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, raphael, tmichel, trackbot
11:05:47 [joakim]
Hi Chris, we are taliking on the phone
11:06:00 [Zakim]
+ +329331aabb
11:06:01 [Zakim]
+ +34.93.00.aacc
11:06:09 [joakim]
about "all actions points have been reopened"
11:06:33 [joakim]
chair: joakim
11:06:36 [raphael]
trackbot, start telecon
11:06:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:06:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MAWG
11:06:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM already started
11:06:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference
11:06:41 [trackbot]
Date: 21 September 2010
11:06:46 [raphael]
Chair: Joakim
11:07:04 [raphael]
Regrets: wonsuk, daniel
11:07:21 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
11:07:24 [joakim]
scribe: Raphael
11:07:27 [raphael]
scribenick: raphael
11:07:52 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-mediaann-minutes.html
11:07:59 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/09-mediaann-minutes.html
11:08:00 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0118.html
11:08:04 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/10-mediaann-minutes.html
11:08:08 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
11:08:27 [raphael]
Joakim: I suggest to accept the minutes of the f2f meeting (3 days)
11:08:30 [raphael]
[silence]
11:08:43 [raphael]
RESOLUTION: minutes of the f2f meeting accepted
11:09:01 [raphael]
Joakim: thanks for Thierry for the organization and the dinner in Sophia Antipolis
11:09:05 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
11:09:07 [raphael]
Topic: 2. Action Items
11:09:20 [raphael]
Joakim: we have a lot of Actions !!!
11:09:25 [raphael]
How do we manage?
11:09:43 [raphael]
List in the tracker: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
11:10:15 [stegmai]
stegmai has joined #mediaann
11:10:29 [wbailer]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/2389
11:10:36 [raphael]
Werner: ACTION-270
11:11:00 [Zakim]
+florian
11:11:02 [raphael]
... we have a clear answer about subtitles, and less for semantic annotations
11:11:18 [stegmai]
zakim, who is here?
11:11:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see joakim, wbailer, Luis, chris, raphael, florian
11:11:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see stegmai, Chris, joakim, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, raphael, tmichel, trackbot
11:12:17 [raphael]
Thierry: should we discuss now the proposed text resolving the issue?
11:13:10 [raphael]
Joakim: I suggest to close the action, but more peope need to read the lc comment before closing it
11:13:17 [raphael]
close ACTION-270
11:13:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-270 Draft an answer for the comment 2389 closed
11:13:39 [raphael]
ACTION: Thierry to send to the group the list of LC Comments that needs to be reviewed for moving on
11:13:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-312 - Send to the group the list of LC Comments that needs to be reviewed for moving on [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-09-28].
11:14:23 [raphael]
Raphael: ACTION-271
11:14:35 [raphael]
... it is done
11:17:49 [raphael]
... in a nutshell, embedded named graphs syntax is not yet ready (might be part of RDF 2.0)
11:18:05 [raphael]
... no other ways for doing such complex annotations
11:18:39 [raphael]
... except with an event-based modeling, suggested by Yves Raimond
11:18:50 [raphael]
... similar to what has been done with the Programmes web site in BBC
11:19:19 [tmichel]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html#examples
11:19:25 [raphael]
Veronique: problem with this approach is to have multiple annotations about the same fragment that co-exist
11:19:30 [raphael]
close ACTION-271
11:19:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-271 Contact the SW Coordination Group about how to do semantic annotation with ma:description and ma:relation alternatives closed
11:19:45 [raphael]
Wonsul: ACTION-272
11:20:05 [raphael]
See http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html#examples
11:20:10 [raphael]
close ACTION-272
11:20:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-272 Start a new section in the Ontology document providing example of usage (e.g. subtitles, powder, etc.) closed
11:20:30 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-273
11:20:34 [raphael]
... I have done it
11:21:33 [raphael]
... the tables are done, but need to be filled now
11:22:19 [raphael]
... it seems to me that for ogg, e.g. the technical information is in the codecs (video/audio) and not in the container formats
11:22:22 [raphael]
... need to be checked
11:22:29 [raphael]
... I suggest to keep this action opened
11:22:35 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-274
11:22:38 [raphael]
... I have done this
11:22:55 [raphael]
close ACTION-274
11:22:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-274 Check all mapping tables and add N/A when it is needed closed
11:23:02 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-275
11:23:23 [raphael]
... it is not yet finished, I need to coordinate with Wonsuk
11:23:26 [raphael]
... ongoing
11:23:32 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-276
11:24:25 [raphael]
... it is dependent on ACTION-311
11:24:28 [raphael]
... not yet finished
11:25:21 [raphael]
close ACTION-276
11:25:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-276 Change the type definition into the new syntax closed
11:25:32 [raphael]
... it is actually the same one than 311
11:25:47 [raphael]
Chris: ACTION-277
11:25:49 [raphael]
... still open
11:26:07 [raphael]
Was the conclusion to add a ne
11:26:16 [raphael]
s/a ne/new property?
11:26:29 [raphael]
Chris: no, it is about adding an example
11:26:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
11:26:55 [raphael]
Werner: ACTION-278
11:26:57 [wbailer]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/2417
11:26:59 [raphael]
... it is done
11:27:50 [raphael]
... made the changes to follow the suggestion
11:28:02 [raphael]
... we need to update the ontology document
11:28:33 [raphael]
... we will keep copyright though we are aware that there will be some overlap with what Policy is providing
11:28:58 [raphael]
... rational is a strong need from the industry to have a simple field for this, see email thread
11:30:07 [raphael]
... I don't see her reply of Jean Pierre on this thread
11:30:13 [raphael]
s/her/a
11:31:16 [wbailer]
action: wonsuk to update definition of ma:policy according to comments from PLING
11:31:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-313 - Update definition of ma:policy according to comments from PLING [on WonSuk Lee - due 2010-09-28].
11:31:31 [raphael]
close ACTION-278
11:31:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-278 Draft a response to the comment LC-2417 closed
11:31:38 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-279
11:31:44 [raphael]
... it is done, we have a new css
11:31:49 [raphael]
... now in the dev space
11:32:06 [raphael]
... we have to wait for Wonsuk to use this new css
11:32:14 [raphael]
close ACTION-279
11:32:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-279 Look into problems with the CSS rule closed
11:32:36 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-280
11:32:49 [raphael]
... we have changed about this section about conformance
11:32:53 [raphael]
... but we need to read it again
11:32:58 [raphael]
... so leave this action open
11:33:06 [raphael]
Werner: ACTION-281
11:33:19 [raphael]
... contact Florian ?
11:33:35 [raphael]
... seems a WebIDL issue encountered by Florian
11:33:57 [raphael]
... we could delete this sentence about HTML5
11:34:11 [raphael]
... I think it is done already
11:34:16 [raphael]
close ACTION-281
11:34:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-281 Follow up the comment of Robin about the HTML 5 compatibility issue by contacting Florian closed
11:34:26 [raphael]
Wonsuk: ACTION-282
11:34:43 [raphael]
... someone has an idea if this has been done?
11:34:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
11:35:51 [raphael]
Werner: ACTION-284
11:36:01 [raphael]
... I got a response that I use to draft the table
11:36:25 [raphael]
... I sent this to the editors of the ontology document
11:36:37 [raphael]
... we can leave this action open
11:36:54 [raphael]
... it is just the editors that need to include in the doc
11:37:03 [raphael]
close ACTION-284
11:37:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-284 Mail David Singer about the inclusion of media type parameters in the ma:format property closed
11:37:45 [raphael]
ACTION: Wonsuk to update the description of the ma:format in the ontology doc using the input from Dave Singer (see Werner email)
11:37:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-314 - Update the description of the ma:format in the ontology doc using the input from Dave Singer (see Werner email) [on WonSuk Lee - due 2010-09-28].
11:38:17 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-285
11:38:29 [raphael]
... I'm looking for the diff with ACTION-280
11:38:42 [raphael]
Werner: it seems the same
11:38:56 [raphael]
close ACTION-285
11:38:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-285 Check the normative statemens according to the editorial comment of Robin closed
11:39:00 [raphael]
duplicate actions
11:39:08 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-286
11:39:15 [raphael]
... done
11:39:23 [raphael]
close ACTION-286
11:39:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-286 Update the XPATH columns of the mapping tables closed
11:39:32 [raphael]
Felix: ACTION-287
11:39:50 [raphael]
... Felix will work on this tonight
11:40:15 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-289
11:40:36 [raphael]
... leave it open
11:40:46 [raphael]
Chris: ACTION-290
11:40:58 [raphael]
... it is done
11:41:04 [raphael]
close ACTION-290
11:41:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-290 Make updates to api document related to dropping type attribute of identifier closed
11:41:15 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-291
11:41:26 [raphael]
... the file is now in the proper namespace
11:41:42 [raphael]
... coneg is not yet implemented for serving either the rdf or the html
11:41:46 [raphael]
... conneg is still pending
11:42:05 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/2404
11:42:06 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-292
11:42:13 [raphael]
... done
11:42:17 [raphael]
close ACTION-292
11:42:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-292 Draft response to ivan closed
11:43:05 [raphael]
Chris: ACTION-295
11:43:12 [raphael]
... has been done during the f2f
11:43:20 [raphael]
close ACTION-295
11:43:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-295 Chanage title to plural in api doc closed
11:43:50 [raphael]
... the web site needs to be updated too
11:44:09 [raphael]
ACTION: Joakim to update the group web site to reflect the plural in the title and to make working his cvs
11:44:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-315 - Update the group web site to reflect the plural in the title and to make working his cvs [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-09-28].
11:44:37 [raphael]
Thierry: I have also done the action of wonsuk
11:44:47 [raphael]
close ACTION-296
11:44:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-296 Change title to plural in ontology doc closed
11:45:05 [raphael]
Thierry: ACTION-297
11:45:33 [raphael]
Chris: only the title has been changed !!!
11:45:41 [raphael]
... we need to change this everywhere in the document !!!
11:45:42 [raphael]
+1
11:45:49 [florian_pa]
+1
11:46:53 [raphael]
I have re-opened the action-296 and re-assigned to Thierry
11:47:08 [Chris]
also change the mentioning of the "API for Media Resource 1.0" to "API for Media Resources 1.0" in the ontology document please
11:47:14 [raphael]
Thierry: regarding the contact to HTML, I have no response
11:47:24 [raphael]
... I will meet the staff contact this afternoon
11:49:00 [raphael]
Joakim: I think we should let open this action until TPAC and make sure we talk with this group
11:49:27 [raphael]
Joakim: ACTION-298
11:49:32 [raphael]
... I sent an email to Dominique
11:49:58 [raphael]
... asking if there will be a binding for a RESTful API
11:51:04 [raphael]
... it seem they have just discussed this at the moment
11:51:14 [raphael]
... and suggested to bring this to the coordination group
11:51:22 [raphael]
... to see if more people are interested
11:51:53 [raphael]
... I can follow-up this suggestion
11:51:59 [raphael]
+1
11:52:44 [raphael]
ACTION: pursue development of WebIDL for REST at the Coordination Group meeting
11:52:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - pursue
11:53:05 [raphael]
ACTION: joakim to pursue development of WebIDL for REST at the Coordination Group meeting
11:53:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-316 - Pursue development of WebIDL for REST at the Coordination Group meeting [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-09-28].
11:53:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
11:54:21 [wbailer]
raphael: group chair should have received invitation to coordination group
11:54:50 [wbailer]
... chair should send short mail with progress from group and any topics for cc telecon
11:55:34 [wbailer]
close action-299
11:55:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-299 Change the API interface about Date closed
11:55:50 [Zakim]
-raphael
11:56:06 [wbailer]
action 300 is pending, joakim has sent mail, but not received an answer
11:56:06 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 300
11:56:39 [wbailer]
chris: action 301 is still open
11:56:45 [wbailer]
... same for 302
11:57:16 [wbailer]
joakim: not sure what to do about action 303, what exactly to tell them?
11:58:33 [wbailer]
from Comment LC-2419
11:58:53 [wbailer]
"note: integration with DAP's Media Capture is likely desirable."
11:59:16 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20100608/2395?cid=2395
11:59:30 [wbailer]
thierry: drafted answer fpr 2395
11:59:37 [wbailer]
s/fpr/for/
11:59:49 [wbailer]
close action-304
11:59:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-304 Draft answer for lc-2395 closed
12:00:19 [wbailer]
joakim: concerning action 305, sent mail to doug, no answer yet
12:00:44 [wbailer]
close action-306
12:00:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-306 Add paragraph to section 2 about support for several metadata sources closed
12:00:59 [wbailer]
close action-307
12:00:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-307 Fix description of parameters in getoriginaldata (LC-2410) closed
12:01:04 [tmichel]
action traker problem ...
12:01:04 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - traker
12:01:09 [tmichel]
Based on the changelog, it looks like Wonsuk did this, see e.g.:
12:01:09 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/1?changelog
12:01:30 [wbailer]
chris: worked on editorial issues in comment LC-2394, did not draft answer yet
12:02:06 [wbailer]
... open issues: do we need to have a final solution before drafting a response?
12:02:20 [wbailer]
... or can we respond that we are in the process of looking at this
12:02:45 [wbailer]
thierry: wait for response from other groups and have resolution
12:03:12 [wbailer]
... if there are many other points, we can send response with resolutions for some of the points
12:03:22 [wbailer]
close action-308
12:03:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-308 Take care of editorial issues in comment LC-2394 closed
12:03:38 [Zakim]
-florian_pa
12:03:55 [wbailer]
thierry: sent proposal for normative/non-normative markup
12:04:04 [wbailer]
... leave open until agreed
12:04:49 [wbailer]
concerning action 310, werner to send png version to chris
12:05:07 [wbailer]
[adjourned]
12:05:13 [Zakim]
-Luis
12:05:15 [Zakim]
-joakim
12:05:16 [Zakim]
-chris
12:05:17 [Zakim]
-wbailer
12:05:18 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:05:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were joakim, wbailer, +1.617.588.aaaa, +329331aabb, +34.93.00.aacc, raphael, chris, florian_pa
12:05:23 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:05:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:37:48 [raphael]
raphael has left #mediaann
14:07:30 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
14:09:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann