IRC log of html-wg on 2010-09-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:00:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/09-html-wg-irc
16:00:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:00:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:00:21 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:00:22 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:00:22 [trackbot]
Date: 09 September 2010
16:00:33 [dsinger_]
Zakim, code?
16:00:33 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dsinger_
16:00:35 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #html-wg
16:00:37 [Judy]
zakim, who's here?
16:00:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy
16:00:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, dsinger_, paulc, rubys, Judy, Martijnc-, Julian, Stevef, oedipus, aroben, plh, MikeSmith, arronei, krijnh, mjs, laplink, anne, Jedi,
16:00:41 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:00:46 [Zakim]
... johndrinkwater, Dashiva, pimpbot, phenny, Yudai, jmb, gavin, inimino, scotfl, hsivonen, ed_work_, hober, Shunsuke, CIA-1, webben, Philip, jwm, gsnedders, jgraham, Hixie, drry,
16:00:48 [Zakim]
... trackbot
16:00:50 [Zakim]
+dsinger
16:00:52 [Zakim]
+[HP]
16:01:04 [Zakim]
+Sam
16:01:13 [Zakim]
+Matt_May
16:01:16 [dpenkler]
dpenkler has joined #html-wg
16:01:36 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:01:51 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
16:01:51 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:02:18 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:02:40 [dpenkler]
zakim, [HP] has dpenkler
16:02:41 [Zakim]
+dpenkler; got it
16:02:49 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
16:02:50 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:02:54 [janina]
zakim, call janina
16:03:00 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:03:02 [Zakim]
+Mike
16:03:04 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+Janina
16:03:08 [Zakim]
+Eric_Carlson
16:03:09 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-wg
16:03:11 [eric_carlson]
eric_carlson has joined #html-wg
16:03:12 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:03:26 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] has adrianba
16:03:26 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:03:32 [Zakim]
+ +49.251.280.aaaa
16:03:47 [Julian]
Zakim, +49.251.280.aaaa is me
16:03:48 [Zakim]
+Julian; got it
16:04:31 [adrianba]
ScribeNick: adrianba
16:04:34 [adrianba]
Scribe: Adrian Bateman
16:04:38 [adrianba]
Chair: Maciej Stachowiak
16:04:40 [eliot]
eliot has joined #html-wg
16:04:42 [adrianba]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JulSep/0022.html
16:04:43 [pimpbot]
Title: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-08 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:05:26 [Zakim]
+Laura_Carlson
16:05:31 [janina]
zakim, who's here?
16:05:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy, [HP], dsinger (muted), Sam, Matt_May, [Microsoft], Plh, Mike, Eric_Carlson, Janina, [Microsoft.a], Julian, Laura_Carlson
16:05:38 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has adrianba
16:05:38 [Zakim]
[HP] has dpenkler
16:05:40 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:05:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eliot, eric_carlson, Laura, janina, dpenkler, adrianba, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, dsinger_, paulc, rubys, Judy, Martijnc-, Julian, Stevef, oedipus, aroben, plh,
16:05:46 [Zakim]
... MikeSmith, arronei, krijnh, mjs, laplink, anne, Jedi, johndrinkwater, Dashiva, pimpbot, phenny, Yudai, jmb, gavin, inimino, scotfl, hsivonen, ed_work_, hober, Shunsuke, CIA-1,
16:05:48 [Zakim]
... webben, Philip, jwm, gsnedders, jgraham, Hixie, drry, trackbot
16:05:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.850.aabb
16:05:59 [eliot]
zakim, 206.850.aabb is me
16:05:59 [Zakim]
sorry, eliot, I do not recognize a party named '206.850.aabb'
16:06:13 [eliot]
zakim, 1.206.850.aabb is me
16:06:13 [Zakim]
sorry, eliot, I do not recognize a party named '1.206.850.aabb'
16:06:36 [eliot]
zakim, +1.206.850.aabb is me
16:06:36 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
16:07:08 [dsinger_]
zakim, who is here?
16:07:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Judy, [HP], dsinger (muted), Sam, Matt_May, [Microsoft], Plh, Mike, Eric_Carlson, Janina, [Microsoft.a], Julian, Laura_Carlson, eliot
16:07:13 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has adrianba
16:07:13 [Zakim]
[HP] has dpenkler
16:07:14 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:07:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eliot, eric_carlson, Laura, janina, dpenkler, adrianba, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, dsinger_, paulc, rubys, Judy, Martijnc-, Julian, oedipus, aroben, plh, MikeSmith,
16:07:19 [Zakim]
... arronei, krijnh, mjs, laplink, anne, Jedi, johndrinkwater, Dashiva, pimpbot, phenny, Yudai, jmb, gavin, inimino, scotfl, hsivonen, ed_work_, hober, Shunsuke, CIA-1, webben,
16:07:22 [Zakim]
... Philip, jwm, gsnedders, jgraham, Hixie, drry, trackbot
16:08:38 [MikeSmith]
adrian, you on?
16:08:44 [adrianba]
yes
16:08:55 [janina]
We don't seem to have any of the chairs?
16:09:16 [janina]
O, good!
16:09:33 [paulc]
So is Paul
16:10:00 [paulc]
Paul is in Japan doing his best imitation of Mike S!
16:10:07 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:10:10 [MikeSmith]
adrianba, can you scribe?
16:10:19 [adrianba]
yep, ready to go
16:10:30 [MikeSmith]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JulSep/0022.html
16:10:31 [pimpbot]
Title: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-09 - LC timeline, distributed extensibility, media accessibility from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-08 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:11:17 [adrianba]
Chair: Sam Ruby
16:11:29 [adrianba]
Chair: Mike Smith
16:11:41 [adrianba]
TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, Sep 9
16:11:54 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda
16:11:55 [pimpbot]
Title: Input for Agenda Planning for the HTML Weekly - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:11:57 [plh]
ACTION-29?
16:11:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-09-09 -- OPEN
16:11:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29
16:11:58 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:12:14 [adrianba]
plh: first action is mine, doc license
16:12:33 [adrianba]
...PSIG proposed a draft which was rejected by FSF as not compatible with GPL
16:13:06 [adrianba]
...PSIG went to Director to ask for next steps, a survey was prepared but was withdrawn because of some gaps in the PSIG analysis
16:13:17 [adrianba]
...we're fixing the PSIG document and how it maps to HTML WG use cases
16:13:23 [adrianba]
...after that we'll resubmit the survey
16:13:33 [adrianba]
...don't expect any resolution before TPAC on this
16:13:44 [adrianba]
...suggest check back in one month to make sure progress is being made
16:13:46 [MikeSmith]
action-29: plan is to put forward another survey to the W3C membership
16:13:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring notes added
16:13:54 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: should we keep the action?
16:14:03 [MikeSmith]
action-29 due 2010-10-09
16:14:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now 2010-10-09
16:14:04 [adrianba]
plh: keep it open - we'll check back in a month
16:14:15 [adrianba]
TOPIC: New Issues This Week
16:14:26 [adrianba]
ISSUE-118?
16:14:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-118 -- Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" -- raised
16:14:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/118
16:14:27 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-118 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:14:38 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
16:15:50 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: we don't have any other information on this, do we need to discuss anything on this today?
16:16:05 [adrianba]
rubys: no, it's new - if people want to look at it then it is there
16:16:28 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: this is related to an action outside the group related to a registration I submitted on behalf of the group
16:16:46 [adrianba]
...it isn't purely internal - nothing we can do this week - people should follow-up if they have anything to add
16:16:50 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Items Closed Last Week
16:16:58 [adrianba]
ISSUE-110?
16:16:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-110 -- Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type -- open
16:16:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/110
16:16:59 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-110 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:17:52 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: we have one change proposal here to change the owner to W3C
16:18:04 [adrianba]
...this is closed and it seems like we have resolution on this
16:18:11 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Items Closing This week
16:18:16 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: None
16:18:24 [adrianba]
TOPIC: New Calls for Consensus / Proposals this Week
16:18:30 [adrianba]
ISSUE-116?
16:18:30 [trackbot]
ISSUE-116 -- provide reference and info about HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives in html5 spec -- open
16:18:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/116
16:18:31 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-116 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:18:35 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #html-wg
16:18:42 [oedipus]
regrets+ Gregory_Rosmaita
16:18:46 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: this is for text alternatives
16:18:54 [adrianba]
...call for consensus closes on Sep 17
16:19:12 [adrianba]
...we have until then to get in comments and have discussion about it
16:19:57 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Issue updates
16:20:08 [adrianba]
ISSUE-85?
16:20:08 [trackbot]
ISSUE-85 -- ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 -- open
16:20:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/85
16:20:09 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-85 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:20:21 [adrianba]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066
16:20:22 [pimpbot]
1110066: faulkner.steve@gmail.com, P1, NEW, 13replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA)
16:20:41 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: i think we have some more updates based on the mail Maciej sent
16:20:58 [MikeSmith]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0087.html
16:20:59 [pimpbot]
Title: ARIA mapping status from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-09 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:21:15 [MikeSmith]
bug 10066
16:21:16 [pimpbot]
11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066 faulkner.steve@gmail.com, P1, NEW, 13replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA)
16:21:29 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: that is Maciej's summary of the issues related to bug 10066
16:21:44 [adrianba]
rubys: this points out who Maciej thinks who owns which bugs
16:21:57 [adrianba]
...i agree with the assessment - if anyone has comments they should speak up
16:22:03 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: next is issue 41
16:22:06 [adrianba]
ISSUE-41?
16:22:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- open
16:22:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41
16:22:07 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-41 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:22:22 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: few items listed in the agenda
16:22:33 [adrianba]
rubys: we have three proposals left from the original 5 or so
16:22:46 [adrianba]
...of those one is fully formed, the other two need updating
16:23:04 [adrianba]
...we have volunteers for one but not the other - if someone would like to do that they should speak up
16:23:08 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #html-wg
16:23:31 [adrianba]
...if they are not updated then they may fall away (i expect one to be updated)
16:23:53 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Last Call Timeline
16:24:14 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: hope everyone has seen the significant announcement from Maciej on behalf of the chairs
16:24:14 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html
16:24:15 [pimpbot]
Title: Timeline to Last Call from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-08 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:24:33 [adrianba]
...this is a breakdown of the time line for getting to last call with milestones and consequences for missing the milestones
16:24:46 [adrianba]
...everyone in the group should read and provide feedback
16:25:04 [adrianba]
...first deadline is oct 1 for bugs to be filed
16:25:20 [adrianba]
...to be considered before last call, bugs after this will be treated as last call comments
16:25:45 [adrianba]
...bottom line is if you have bugs you want to file you should get them in now
16:25:49 [adrianba]
q+
16:25:50 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:26:30 [plh]
ack ad
16:26:50 [plh]
zakim, mute Judy
16:26:50 [Zakim]
Judy should now be muted
16:27:35 [adrianba]
adrianba: how will we make sure that work is done through the milestones?
16:27:38 [MikeSmith]
adrianba: how are the chairs going to make sure that work happens during the time between the milestones instead of everybody waiting until just befor the milestone deadlines?
16:27:49 [paulc]
Adrian: How do we spread out the work over each work period so it does not all occur near the end?
16:27:59 [adrianba]
rubys: i don't have a specific answer right now - we're working with ian on how bugs will be processed - we also need to focus on other issues too
16:28:24 [paulc]
We need feedback from spec Editors on their readiness to accept this timeline:
16:28:26 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0094.html
16:28:27 [pimpbot]
Title: RE: Timeline to Last Call from Eliot Graff on 2010-09-09 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:28:31 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: comments and questions to the milestones and time line are welcome on public-html
16:28:48 [adrianba]
paulc: i'm not sure how many editors of specs we have on
16:29:03 [adrianba]
...we also asked other editors if this was an acceptable time line
16:29:27 [adrianba]
...there is a message from Eliot but we need to follow-up with other editors to see how many specs will follow this plan
16:29:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.595.aacc
16:29:42 [mjs]
hi all
16:30:02 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: i think part of the point is that the other editors have the opportunity to speak up and say that they want their specs to progress at the same rate
16:30:15 [adrianba]
TOPIC: ISSUE-9 media accessibility requirements overview, Janina
16:30:19 [adrianba]
ISSUE-9?
16:30:19 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open
16:30:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
16:30:21 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:30:34 [janina]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements
16:30:34 [adrianba]
MikeSmith: meant to do this last week but had some technical issues
16:30:36 [pimpbot]
Title: Media Accessibility User Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)
16:30:53 [adrianba]
Janina: this is the user reqs doc that has come out of the media subteam in the a11y TF
16:31:00 [mjs]
Zakim, +1.415.595.aacc is me
16:31:00 [Zakim]
+mjs; got it
16:31:02 [rubys]
zakim, aacc is mjs
16:31:02 [Zakim]
sorry, rubys, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
16:31:03 [adrianba]
...this is not an inventory of what is or isn't supported
16:31:26 [adrianba]
...it is what kind of resources and control are needed by people with a11y reqs
16:31:38 [adrianba]
...it is a user requirements not a user agent requirements doc
16:31:55 [MikeSmith]
mjs, can you take over on chairing for the remainder of the call?
16:32:02 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:32:03 [mjs]
MikeSmith, yes
16:32:06 [adrianba]
...we need to engineer solutions but as was pointed out in a recent conversation we should not assume that the full WG has agreed on thes reqs
16:32:21 [MikeSmith]
chair: Maciej
16:32:29 [adrianba]
...so before we get down to engineering solutions it seems prudent to ask the group if we agree that the reqs are accurate
16:32:35 [adrianba]
...if something is missing we need to add it
16:32:55 [adrianba]
...equally if something is here that shouldn't be now is the time to discuss that
16:33:58 [rubys]
did we lose janina again?
16:34:06 [paulc]
Did we lose Janina?
16:34:08 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:34:12 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:34:32 [plh]
zakim, drop Janina
16:34:32 [Zakim]
Janina is being disconnected
16:34:33 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop janina
16:34:33 [dsinger_]
Zakim, apple has dsinger
16:34:34 [Zakim]
-Janina
16:34:34 [Zakim]
sorry, MikeSmith, I do not see a party named 'janina'
16:34:35 [Zakim]
+dsinger; got it
16:34:37 [Judy]
zakim, unmute me
16:34:37 [Zakim]
Judy should no longer be muted
16:34:42 [janina]
zakim, call janina
16:34:42 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
16:34:44 [Zakim]
+Janina
16:35:47 [adrianba]
...this way when we get to technologies to build with we've agreed on what we need to support
16:36:00 [adrianba]
...section 1 is a crash course on what the different issues are for people and media
16:36:20 [adrianba]
...all the tech requirements are section 2 and 3
16:36:31 [adrianba]
...in section 2, describe video
16:36:53 [adrianba]
...this has been around since the 80s, used in analog and digital broadcast
16:37:05 [adrianba]
...uses the silences to add description by voice of what is happening
16:37:33 [adrianba]
...in section 2.2 you also have the ability to do textual description rather than the expensive addition of a recorded voice
16:37:52 [adrianba]
...2.3 if you can do text and audio you may not need to be limited to the timeframe of original video
16:38:05 [adrianba]
...in education situations you may need more time than is available in pauses or silences
16:38:22 [adrianba]
...which can be supported in a computer environment in a way that couldn't be done in traditional broadcast
16:38:51 [adrianba]
...concept of extended time where you pause and restart to allow a longer description
16:39:13 [adrianba]
...2.4 concept implemented primarily in the UK - clear audio - for people losing their hearing
16:39:41 [adrianba]
...probably only used in a professional situation - create an additional audio track with most of the incidental sounds removed
16:40:00 [adrianba]
...only main sounds like speech remain - people can use their remaining hearing more effectively
16:40:20 [adrianba]
...removing less essential sounds improves recognition
16:40:31 [adrianba]
...being done with digital broadcasting at least in the uk
16:41:05 [adrianba]
2.5 comes from electronic book publishing - make content available for people who can't read a book
16:41:34 [adrianba]
janina: the idea is that if you can map the DOM structure to next / previous you make it more accessible
16:41:48 [adrianba]
...getting the balance between all and only high-level is hard
16:41:59 [adrianba]
...in real time you could adjust the level of detail
16:42:18 [adrianba]
...moving forward to captioning - it is the word most often thought of as making video accessible
16:42:31 [adrianba]
...also can be used in a noisy environment so most familiar
16:42:40 [adrianba]
...very close to subtitles but not the same
16:42:48 [adrianba]
...important events may also be mentioned in captioning
16:43:18 [adrianba]
...traditionally from broadcast but because this is computer mediated we can support additional capabilities
16:43:43 [adrianba]
...2.8 sign language translation - oldest that predates something electronic
16:43:52 [adrianba]
...often prefer whatever is happening signed for them
16:44:12 [adrianba]
...but for people who became deaf later in life learning a new language is harder
16:44:22 [adrianba]
...also different locales have different signing
16:44:38 [adrianba]
...so we've had text tracks, additional audio tracks, etc.
16:44:48 [adrianba]
...these need to be in sync and are not always the same length
16:45:12 [adrianba]
...2.9 sometimes only having a transcript is useful
16:45:46 [adrianba]
...section 3 - we need controls that are device independent so that what ever device is connected can stop/start/forward/rewind/etc
16:46:01 [adrianba]
...real time ability to control the dom depth of next/previous
16:46:25 [adrianba]
...3.3 fortunately this is in the spec already - need to be able to speed up or slow down
16:46:46 [adrianba]
...great that this is already in spec - is required
16:47:04 [adrianba]
...3.4 most of this is not new - older than the web itself
16:47:15 [adrianba]
...generally going to be in authoring guidance
16:47:28 [adrianba]
...discovery and activation important - need to be able to choose what is available
16:47:38 [adrianba]
...3.6 what kinds of properties need to be available
16:47:55 [adrianba]
...3.7 need to be able to control placement on screen and some of the styling needs to be under user control
16:48:29 [adrianba]
...3.8 the need to be able to control which output device audio is pointed at - various reasons why you want the described video audio to go to a different device than the primary resource
16:48:41 [adrianba]
...that's the walkthough - any questions?
16:48:55 [adrianba]
mjs: thanks for covering all that, any questions or comments?
16:49:01 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:49:21 [adrianba]
...i hope everyone takes a closer look at the document and reviews and follows up on the mailing list
16:49:25 [Judy]
q+
16:49:32 [adrianba]
...would be good to have discussion of the document
16:49:34 [mjs]
ack Judy
16:49:59 [adrianba]
judy: janina, we had talked about mentioning some of the next steps in the media sub-team - could you outline those so people know what to expect?
16:50:11 [adrianba]
...also wanted to mention that if people are interested they are welcome to join
16:50:13 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10481] Default role of <IMG> should be "img" <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0414.html> 4** [Bug 9817] Details element Focus problem <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0413.html> 4** [Bug 10066] replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0412.html>
16:50:24 [adrianba]
janina: i can provide a pointer here
16:50:27 [janina]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Media_Accessibility_Checklist
16:50:28 [pimpbot]
Title: Media Accessibility Checklist - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)
16:51:02 [adrianba]
janina: this is what we are currently focusing on - if you look at the table we are mapping the user requirements into the types of technology to support them
16:51:17 [adrianba]
...from that we expect to prioritise on which technologies still need attention
16:51:36 [adrianba]
...that's what the MUST, SHOULD, MAY is for - they start as MUST but probably don't all stay that way
16:51:57 [adrianba]
...next we look at different technologies (e.g. TTML or WebSRT) to see what capabilities there are and what might be missing
16:52:11 [adrianba]
...can we use existing things - they may be almost everything there already
16:52:19 [adrianba]
mjs: thanks, any other questions?
16:52:41 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Other business
16:52:54 [adrianba]
mjs: Julian sent an item ahead of time
16:53:04 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10399
16:53:05 [pimpbot]
1110399: julian.reschke@gmx.de, P2, RESOLVED INVALID, 13base64 def in algorithm for put to data URI
16:54:08 [adrianba]
julian: this issue i raised an small editorial issue - it seems the editor agrees with the issue but chose not to fix because he doesn't agree with the way i raised the issue
16:54:14 [adrianba]
...i'm not sure how to proceed
16:54:21 [adrianba]
...perhaps someone else can pick this up?
16:54:40 [adrianba]
mjs: i haven't had chance to study this - it looks like two different mutually exclusive changes
16:54:52 [adrianba]
...the editor took this as two issues and rejected the first
16:55:03 [adrianba]
...i would be happy to take this on and see what i can do to move this forward
16:55:11 [adrianba]
...i will contact you offline if i have any questions
16:55:23 [adrianba]
mjs: any other business or comments on this item?
16:55:31 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Scribe for next meeting
16:55:38 [adrianba]
mjs: volunteers?
16:55:49 [adrianba]
...next week sam is chairing
16:56:10 [adrianba]
...i will volunteer to scribe
16:56:20 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Adjournment
16:56:27 [adrianba]
mjs: see you all next week
16:56:28 [Zakim]
-Matt_May
16:56:28 [MikeSmith]
Mike, drop Mike
16:56:29 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:56:30 [Zakim]
-Eric_Carlson
16:56:31 [Zakim]
-Janina
16:56:31 [Zakim]
-mjs
16:56:32 [Zakim]
-Julian
16:56:32 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:56:33 [Zakim]
-Sam
16:56:34 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:56:35 [Zakim]
-[HP]
16:56:37 [Zakim]
-Judy
16:56:39 [Zakim]
-eliot
16:56:41 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
16:56:43 [Zakim]
-Laura_Carlson
16:56:43 [adrianba]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:56:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/09-html-wg-minutes.html adrianba
16:56:49 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
16:56:55 [adrianba]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:56:58 [Zakim]
-Mike
16:58:30 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:58:31 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:58:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were Judy, dsinger, Sam, Matt_May, paulc, Plh, dpenkler, Mike, Janina, Eric_Carlson, [Microsoft], adrianba, Julian, Laura_Carlson, eliot, Cynthia_Shelly, mjs
16:58:44 [adrianba]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/09/09-html-wg-minutes.html adrianba
16:58:45 [pimpbot]
Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 09 Sep 2010 (at www.w3.org)
17:39:31 [anne]
anne has left #html-wg
17:43:14 [anne]
anne has joined #html-wg
17:48:20 [MikeSmith_]
MikeSmith_ has joined #html-wg
17:54:14 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
18:07:24 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
18:16:21 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
18:20:46 [pimpbot]
bugmail: "[Bug 10481] Default role of <IMG> should be "img"" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0415.html>
18:21:58 [eric_carlson]
eric_carlson has left #html-wg
18:30:49 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
18:32:49 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
18:50:52 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 9817] Details element Focus problem <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0416.html>
18:53:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
19:10:28 [Judy]
Judy has left #html-wg
19:18:31 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #html-wg
19:20:32 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
19:54:38 [MikeSmith_]
MikeSmith_ has joined #html-wg
20:02:47 [hober]
hober has joined #html-wg
20:48:26 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
20:51:26 [pimpbot]
bugmail: "[Bug 10591] conflicting info for table element in aria section" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0421.html> 4** [Bug 10066] replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0419.html> 4** [Bug 10591] conflicting info for table element in aria section <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public
21:11:32 [karl]
karl has joined #html-wg
21:21:31 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10493] "ARIA restricts usage of this role to one per page" is an unclear statement <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0431.html> 4** [Bug 10465] provide correct aria mapping and role info for the table element <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0430.html> 4** "[Bug 10593] thead, tfoot and tbody conflicts in aria section" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Arc
21:49:51 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #html-wg
21:51:38 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10594] conforming use of various aria attributes not specified <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0434.html> 4** [Bug 10066] replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0433.html> 4** [Bug 10594] New: conforming use of various aria attributes not specified <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugz
22:10:34 [aroben]
aroben has left #html-wg
22:21:47 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10265] Should this be "conversation"? <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0435.html>
22:51:51 [pimpbot]
changes: hixie: Update the 'Contexts in which this element may be used' sections and generally clean that up. (whatwg r5455) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0040.html> 4** device; hixie: Update the 'Contexts in which this element may be used' sections and generally clean that up. (whatwg r5455) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0039.html> 4** hixie: typo (whatwg r5454) <11http://lists.
22:51:52 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10266] "contexts in which this element may be used:" should read "where flow content or phrasing content is expected" <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0436.html>
23:00:58 [anne]
anne has joined #html-wg
23:04:11 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
23:21:58 [pimpbot]
changes: 2Dapi; hixie: give images sizes (whatwg r5456) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0042.html> 4** hixie: give images sizes (whatwg r5456) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0041.html>
23:21:59 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10274] The sentence starting "On setting, if the new value is true" seems to be out of place. Also raising a syntax_err is not web compatible and breaks at least TinyMCE. <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0438.html> 4** [Bug 10594] conforming use of various aria attributes not specified <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0437.html>
23:48:45 [MikeSmith_]
MikeSmith_ has joined #html-wg
23:51:08 [MikeSmith]
MikeSmith has joined #html-wg
23:52:06 [pimpbot]
changes: hixie: update domintro and xref (whatwg r5458) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0044.html> 4** hixie: clarification of an edge case (whatwg r5457) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Sep/0043.html>
23:52:07 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 10596] New: Clarify what <img> represents if no@alt, no@title and NOT the sole content of a <figure>+<figcaption> element <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0443.html> 4** [Bug 10594] conforming use of various aria attributes not specified <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0442.html> 4** [Bug 10595] New: contextmenu event should be a MouseEvent <11http://lists.w3.org/A