IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-08-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:59:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:59:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:59:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:59:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:59:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:59:10 [trackbot]
Date: 31 August 2010
15:59:45 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:00:15 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:00:24 [Zakim]
16:01:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
16:01:37 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
16:01:52 [Zakim]
16:02:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.846.aabb
16:03:11 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:03:13 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:04:13 [eric]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see alewis, +1.708.246.aaaa, Mark, +1.650.846.aabb
16:04:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eric, Derek, alewis, Zakim, RRSAgent, mphillip, Yves, trackbot
16:04:47 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:04:50 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:05:01 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:05:18 [mphillip]
Minutes are approved without modification
16:05:44 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:06:22 [mphillip]
No modifications to agenda
16:06:33 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Administrative items
16:06:33 [mphillip]
16:06:37 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:06:49 [mphillip]
Eric: 146 and 181 pending
16:07:06 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:07:15 [mphillip]
Derek: - done
16:08:37 [Zakim]
16:08:46 [mphillip]
Eric: We can discuss in "raised spec. issues"
16:09:33 [mphillip]
Eric: 193 is pending
16:09:53 [mphillip]
Mark 201 is done
16:10:00 [mphillip]
close action-201
16:10:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-201 Apply the resolutions for issues 56, 57, 58 closed
16:10:09 [mphillip]
close action-191
16:10:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-191 Raise an issue regarding targetService and the missing fault closed
16:11:07 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:11:15 [mphillip]
Eric: Actions 202 still pending - 204, 205 and 206 complete
16:11:23 [mphillip]
close action-204
16:11:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-204 Apply the resolution for issue 48 closed
16:11:25 [mphillip]
close action-205
16:11:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-205 Apply the resolution for issue 55 closed
16:11:27 [mphillip]
close action-206
16:11:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-206 Apply the resolution for the issue described in closed
16:11:47 [mphillip]
Mark: action 207 complete
16:11:50 [mphillip]
close action-207
16:11:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-207 Finish proposal for issue closed
16:12:44 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Raised spec issues:
16:12:44 [mphillip]
16:14:09 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
16:14:47 [mphillip]
Derek: The issue is that faults are missing for the assertions which state that targetService and soapAction must appear in the message
16:14:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aacc
16:15:04 [padams]
Zakim, aacc is padams
16:15:04 [Zakim]
+padams; got it
16:18:07 [mphillip]
Discussion on proposal in Derek's note
16:19:26 [mphillip]
Derek: Concern that fault may be thrown erroneously if soapAction is overridden in the environment or elsewhere
16:21:06 [mphillip]
Phil: Ideally we'd word this so that the implementer of the service provider can throw the exception if it needs soapAction, (but it is up to the provider)
16:23:20 [mphillip]
Derek: We can say that this is the fault code to use, without being over-prescriptive about the circumstances in which it is used
16:29:47 [mphillip]
Derek: TargetService can't be overridden, so the server must throw the fault for targetService if it is missing. but soapAction can be overridden so needs to be optional
16:30:41 [mphillip]
action Derek to raise two formal issues for the soapAction and targetService faults
16:30:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-208 - Raise two formal issues for the soapAction and targetService faults [on Derek Rokicki - due 2010-09-07].
16:30:59 [mphillip]
Mark: The proposal needs to mention the new faults in section 2.8
16:31:20 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:31:50 [mphillip]
16:31:59 [eric]
16:37:11 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:38:42 [mphillip]
Mark: Note superfluous colon should be removed from start of element:
16:38:42 [mphillip]
<:tns:TradePriceRequest xmlns:tns="
16:40:12 [mphillip]
Peter: Checking - SOAP header elements don't appear in WSDL ?
16:40:17 [mphillip]
Phil: Correct
16:40:41 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Proposal accepted with modified XML
16:40:54 [mphillip]
action mark to apply the proposal for issue 61
16:40:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-209 - Apply the proposal for issue 61 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-09-07].
16:41:35 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting applied resolutions:
16:41:35 [mphillip]
16:41:39 [eric]
16:42:28 [mphillip]
Eric: Fixes unflagged assertions, and deferring to definition of contentType
16:43:57 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The application of the resolution for Issue-48 has been accepted
16:44:03 [mphillip]
16:44:26 [eric]
16:45:31 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The application of the resolution for Issue-55 has been accepted
16:45:45 [mphillip]
16:46:02 [eric]
16:48:37 [mphillip]
Changed references to be normative, or informative, and ensured correct format for W3C links
16:48:46 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The application of the resolution for Issue-58 has been accepted
16:48:51 [mphillip]
16:49:54 [eric]
16:50:25 [mphillip]
Eric: Addition of complete WSDL sample
16:51:10 [mphillip]
Eric: (Generated HTML shows a lot of changes because the new section introduces ToC and other changes )
16:51:51 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The application of the resolution for Issue-60 has been accepted
16:52:10 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Moving to PR (via CR)
16:53:41 [mphillip]
Eric: Derek is raising two new issues - once those and the other outstanding issues are complete we will be ready to change the document to PR (by changing the status at the top of the document) and record the changes that were made in CR
16:53:50 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI scheme
16:53:52 [eric]
16:54:39 [mphillip]
Discussion on Alexey's email
16:56:36 [mphillip]
Must follow precedence rules from SOAP/JMS (2.2)
16:58:49 [mphillip]
Eric: Delivery mode - should it be case-sensitive?
17:02:50 [Zakim]
17:02:51 [mphillip1]
mphillip1 has joined #soap-jms
17:02:51 [Zakim]
- +1.650.846.aabb
17:02:51 [Zakim]
17:02:53 [Zakim]
17:02:53 [Zakim]
- +1.708.246.aaaa
17:02:57 [mphillip1]
Amy: What about parameter order?
17:03:01 [Zakim]
17:03:03 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:03:04 [mphillip1]
Phil: Only matters if multiple instances are specified
17:03:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, +1.708.246.aaaa, Mark, +1.650.846.aabb, peaston, +1.512.286.aacc, padams
17:03:05 [mphillip1]
Eric: Out of time - will send out a draft
17:03:21 [mphillip1]
17:03:27 [mphillip1]
17:03:29 [mphillip1]
17:03:49 [mphillip1]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:03:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip1
17:04:15 [eric]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:04:22 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:06:20 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:48:47 [mphillip1]
mphillip1 has left #soap-jms
18:09:57 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
18:37:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
20:22:16 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms