IRC log of a11y-bugs on 2010-08-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:16:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #a11y-bugs
16:16:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:18:49 [Joshue]
Joshue has joined #a11y-bugs
16:24:15 [MichaelC]
9326: might be a duplicate of 10066
16:24:24 [MichaelC]
pinging Cynthia to verify, added note to bug
16:24:43 [MichaelC]
(that is, 10066 has taken over the role of ARIA mapping omnibus bug, so 9326 not needed)
16:25:00 [MichaelC]
8673: assigned to cynthia, need info from the mapping sub-team
16:25:06 [MichaelC]
no action from us at this time
16:30:15 [MichaelC]
8000: Assigning to Cynthia to address in ARIA mapping sub-team
16:30:25 [Joshue]
Just for the record, list of bugs we are working on as of Aug 1 2010
16:40:22 [MichaelC]
8644: this is an omnibus @alt bug on several elements
16:40:29 [MichaelC]
seems primarily related to <embed>
16:40:42 [MichaelC]
(fall back for the other elements being addressed separately)
16:41:01 [MichaelC]
10077 separately requests @alt for <embed>
16:41:54 [MichaelC]
<object> has a fallback model via being "transparent", but <embed> lacks this
16:43:29 [MichaelC]
there's confusion about when to use <embed> and when to use <object>
16:45:48 [MichaelC]
and whether fallback content as supported by <object> is browser support fallback or accessibility alternative fallback
16:46:07 [MichaelC]
these are two separate use cases, even though sometimes they get confused / blended
16:48:52 [MichaelC]
as defined in, the fallback for object is for browser support and does not address accessibility
16:50:11 [MichaelC]
so this leads us to conclude that both <embed> and <object> do not have accessibility fallback mechanisms at the moment
16:52:19 [MichaelC]
this issue turns out to be represented by 8885
16:54:12 [Joshue]
16:57:26 [MichaelC]
topic: Homework
16:59:30 [MichaelC]
Review the wontfix bugs so we can be more efficient in next triage meeting
16:59:32 [MichaelC]
17:02:33 [MichaelC]
Josh to make proposals on 9216, 9437, 9871, 9872
17:03:32 [MichaelC]
Michael to make proposals on 9061, 9098, 9212, 9215
17:04:56 [MichaelC]
Martin to look at 8674, 8681, 8754
17:05:06 [MichaelC]
Marco to look at 8827, 8872
17:05:34 [MichaelC]
topic: Next meeting: Tuesday 7 September 2010 at 15:00 UTC
17:14:51 [MichaelC]
meeting: Bug Triage sub-team - HTML A11Y TF
17:15:14 [MichaelC]
present: Michael_Cooper, Martin_Kliehm, Joshue_O'Connor, Marco_Ranon
17:15:22 [MichaelC]
regrets: Laura_Carlson, Sally_Cain
17:15:34 [MichaelC]
chair: Michael_Cooper
17:15:36 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
17:15:41 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -final
17:15:44 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes world
17:15:44 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes world', MichaelC. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:15:49 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes public
17:15:49 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', MichaelC. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:16:01 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make lo gpublic
17:16:01 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make lo gpublic', MichaelC. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:16:05 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log public
17:16:22 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:16:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MichaelC
17:17:03 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
17:17:03 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items