IRC log of webapps on 2010-08-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:02:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webapps
18:02:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/08/25-webapps-irc
18:02:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:02:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webapps
18:02:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DOM3
18:02:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_WebApps(DOM3)2:00PM already started
18:02:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
18:02:09 [trackbot]
Date: 25 August 2010
18:02:10 [shepazu]
Zakim, call shepazu
18:02:10 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; the call is being made
18:02:12 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
18:07:24 [smaug_]
shepazu: we have the meeting?
18:07:57 [smaug_]
and sorry, I'm a bit late
18:09:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:10:16 [smaug_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Olli_Pettay
18:10:16 [Zakim]
+Olli_Pettay; got it
18:10:59 [Travis]
scribe: Travis
18:11:03 [Travis]
scribeNick: Travis
18:11:08 [Travis]
Hi, and welcome.
18:11:16 [Travis]
shepazu: I know of two outstanding issues
18:11:41 [Travis]
... 1) ContextInfo sections need to be checked and fixed if necessary
18:11:52 [Travis]
... 2) composition events implementation feedback
18:12:01 [Travis]
... other than that, I think we're ready to publish.
18:12:28 [Travis]
... I expect there will be feedback that we'll need integrate after last call, and possibly a second last call.
18:12:44 [Travis]
... but we can take these comments and integrate them.
18:13:03 [Travis]
smaug_: We had talked earlier about publishing a WD first, then issuing the Last Call
18:13:33 [Travis]
shepazu: Yes, we could that because WD get better review than editor's draft.
18:13:52 [Travis]
smaug_: I see in many bugs, that people are looking at the last (outdated) WD.
18:14:15 [Travis]
shepazu: It would be ideal to go from WD to LastCall, but to get this shipped it makes sense to go straight there.
18:14:31 [Travis]
... we should have been pushing every three months, but haven't kept up.
18:15:16 [Travis]
... I will ask the working group to go to last call, with certain known issues, and the expectation that we will take last-call comments seriously.
18:15:28 [Travis]
smaug_: How are last call comments different from WD comments?
18:16:15 [Travis]
shepazu: Last call comments need to be tracked and resolved by the group. We have to ensure that we close the loop on commenters.
18:17:12 [Travis]
... We understand that there are potential (old) issues, that we'd like to make official last call comments.
18:17:58 [Travis]
... Timing is a factor here too, relative to Doug's upcoming schedule.
18:18:19 [Travis]
... We want to make sure we collect the comments.
18:18:56 [Travis]
... We will probably have a second last call (shorter) becuase hopefully we have addressed all the issues.
18:19:34 [Travis]
ACTION: shepazu to update composition events and contextinfo sections before this Friday (8/27/2010)
18:19:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-571 - Update composition events and contextinfo sections before this Friday (8/27/2010) [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-09-01].
18:19:57 [Travis]
ACTION: shepazu to request Last Call transition from the Web Apps Working Group
18:19:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-572 - Request Last Call transition from the Web Apps Working Group [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-09-01].
18:24:06 [Travis]
shepazu: I added a definition for event order and a section that relates to event loops.
18:24:21 [Travis]
Travis: That section looks good to me.
18:26:42 [Travis]
smaug_: The event loop does not seem relevant to the DOM Events spec
18:27:42 [Travis]
... We should be careful that we don't imply that the event loop concept is a DOM Events spec feature.
18:27:43 [sicking]
sicking has joined #webapps
18:41:20 [Travis]
shepazu: Are there any other outstanding issues that need to be addressed (other than the two aforementioned ones)?
18:41:42 [Travis]
Travis: None. I expect we'll have a few last call comments
18:41:51 [Travis]
smaug_: No
18:43:31 [Zakim]
-Olli_Pettay
18:43:37 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
18:43:43 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
18:43:44 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(DOM3)2:00PM has ended
18:43:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], Shepazu, Olli_Pettay
19:03:29 [shepazu]
trackbot: end telcon
19:03:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
19:03:29 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
19:03:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
19:03:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/25-webapps-minutes.html trackbot
19:03:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
19:03:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/25-webapps-actions.rdf :
19:03:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shepazu to update composition events and contextinfo sections before this Friday (8/27/2010) [1]
19:03:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/25-webapps-irc#T18-19-34
19:03:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shepazu to request Last Call transition from the Web Apps Working Group [2]
19:03:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/25-webapps-irc#T18-19-57