IRC log of tagmem on 2010-08-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:01:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-irc
17:01:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tagmem
17:01:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:01:57 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM scheduled to start now
17:01:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:01:58 [trackbot]
Date: 19 August 2010
17:02:17 [Yves]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0024.html
17:02:20 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
17:02:20 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
17:02:21 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has now started
17:02:23 [Zakim]
+Ht
17:03:15 [ht]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:03:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ht
17:03:20 [ht]
:-(
17:03:24 [Zakim]
+Noah_Mendelsohn
17:03:57 [noah]
noah has joined #tagmem
17:04:04 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ht, Noah_Mendelsohn
17:04:06 [Zakim]
On IRC I see noah, Zakim, RRSAgent, ht, Ashok, timbl, Yves, trackbot
17:04:45 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
17:05:49 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Rees
17:06:15 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
17:06:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ht (muted), Noah_Mendelsohn, Ashok_Malhotra, Jonathan_Rees
17:06:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see noah, Zakim, RRSAgent, ht, Ashok, timbl, Yves, trackbot
17:06:19 [jar]
jar has joined #tagmem
17:06:36 [Zakim]
+Yves
17:07:06 [Yves]
Scribe: Yves
17:07:14 [Ashok]
Regrets for the next 2 Thursdays -- travel/vacation
17:07:43 [jar]
jar has changed the topic to: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/19-agenda (jar)
17:08:07 [Yves]
Topic: Agenda
17:08:25 [Yves]
next meeting on the 26th
17:10:15 [Yves]
scribe will be ht
17:10:44 [Yves]
Topic: Minutes approval
17:10:50 [Yves]
minutes of Aug 12 are approved
17:11:06 [Yves]
Topic: Administrative
17:11:17 [Yves]
TAG status report published to the world
17:11:49 [Yves]
Topic: Dev Feedback Camp
17:11:55 [noah]
From DanA: On developer camp, no new information, other than that I have not had a lot of luck finding a venue.
17:12:37 [Yves]
Topic: HttpRedirections-57
17:12:45 [noah]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0014.html
17:13:11 [Yves]
Yves: would be good to wait for timbl and Larry to further discuss this issue
17:13:42 [Yves]
Topic: rdfURIMeaning-39-27 Generic Fragment ID
17:13:50 [Yves]
s/ID/ID Processing/
17:14:43 [jar]
yves: xhtml+xml is compatible with generic processing
17:15:28 [jar]
yves: svg+xml has no conflict with xpointer generic processing
17:15:41 [ht]
q+ to say that sounds good
17:16:40 [Yves]
noah: is xhtml forbidding xpointer?
17:16:58 [Yves]
yves: no, xhmtl is just defining id, and how they are used in frags
17:17:04 [noah]
ack next
17:17:06 [Zakim]
ht, you wanted to say that sounds good
17:19:05 [Yves]
ht: in the xhtml case, in practise, it is fine as bare names is what you will fine
17:19:38 [noah]
I'd like to scribe that more carefully: I (Henry) >think< (but need to check) that the minimum conformance requirement for the XPointer framework is barenames
17:19:53 [Yves]
s/fine/find/
17:21:48 [noah]
From 3023bis:
17:21:49 [noah]
A family of specifications define fragment identifiers for XML media types. A modular syntax and semantics of fragment identifiers for the XML media types is as defined by the [XPointerFramework] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J., and N. Walsh, “XPointer Framework,” March 2003.) W3C Recommendation. It allows simple names, and more complex constructions based on named schemes. The syntax of a fragment identifier part of any URI or IRI with a retrieved media t
17:23:03 [noah]
Conformant applications MUST interpret such fragment identifiers as designating that part of the retrieved representation specified by [XPointerFramework] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J., and N. Walsh, “XPointer Framework,” March 2003.) and whatever other specifications define any XPointer schemes
17:23:17 [noah]
Conformant applications MUST support the 'element' scheme as defined in [XPointerElement] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J., and N. Walsh, “XPointer element() Scheme,” March 2003.).
17:25:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.413.458.aaaa
17:25:26 [Yves]
noah: before we interpret the fragment, we need to ensure that the fragment is conformant to the expected syntax
17:26:19 [Yves]
ht: SVG allows bare names as well?
17:26:21 [Yves]
Yves: yes
17:27:00 [Yves]
ht: as long as you have a xpointer implementation implementing barenames you are safe
17:28:25 [Yves]
rfc2023bis is not saying that generic processing must support all xpointer schemes
17:29:59 [Yves]
noah: ok to close 450?
17:30:03 [noah]
ACTION-449?
17:30:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-449 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of pushback on generic handling of fragment IDs in application/xxx+xml media types (self-assigned) -- due 2010-09-07 -- OPEN
17:30:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
17:30:15 [Yves]
Yves: yes, we still have to investigate on the RDF case
17:30:19 [jar]
+1 close action-450
17:30:28 [noah]
close ACTION-450
17:30:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-450 Investigate generic processing of svg+xml and XHTML+xml closed
17:30:51 [Yves]
Topic: Overdue Actions Items
17:31:27 [Yves]
Goal is to start working on text during september teleconferences
17:32:53 [noah]
action-404 due 2010-09-15
17:32:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-404 Track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership due date now 2010-09-15
17:33:08 [noah]
ACTION-341?
17:33:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-341 -- Yves Lafon to follow up with Thomas about security review activities for HTML5 -- due 2010-06-15 -- OPEN
17:33:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/341
17:33:42 [noah]
YL: I started talking to TLR. They are waiting for HASMAT bof to start. Will ping him when he's available.
17:33:57 [noah]
ACTION-341 due 2010-09-01
17:33:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-341 Follow up with Thomas about security review activities for HTML5 due date now 2010-09-01
17:34:10 [noah]
ACTION-456?
17:34:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-456 -- Yves Lafon to locate past HTTP WG discussion on Location: A#B change, and make the TAG aware of it -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
17:34:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/456
17:34:27 [noah]
ACTION-456 pending review
17:34:53 [noah]
ACTION-447?
17:34:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-447 -- Yves Lafon to coordinate TAG positions on media type related work with IETF, and to represent TAG at IETF meetings in Mastricht Due: 2010-07-20 -- due 2010-07-20 -- OPEN
17:34:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/447
17:35:23 [noah]
YL: Maastricht has passed, and the pertinent meeting didn't line up with my travel.
17:35:44 [noah]
NM: Any followup needed?
17:36:17 [noah]
YL: There's the 3023bis discussion, and also fragment recombination
17:36:25 [noah]
NM: Has to do with redirection?
17:36:40 [noah]
YL: Yes. It's possible we would ask for a change in the mime registration template.
17:36:50 [Zakim]
- +1.413.458.aaaa
17:37:09 [noah]
YL: Nothing for the TAG to track right now, but we should have an action to keep in touch with IETF on mime types in general. Should be different action.
17:37:10 [noah]
close ACTION-447
17:37:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-447 Coordinate TAG positions on media type related work with IETF, and to represent TAG at IETF meetings in Mastricht Due: 2010-07-20 closed
17:37:44 [noah]
YL: There's also Larry's document on MIME on the Web
17:38:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.413.458.aabb
17:38:23 [noah]
ACTION: Noah to schedule discussion of followup actions for TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities
17:38:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-458 - Schedule discussion of followup actions for TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2010-08-26].
17:38:38 [noah]
ACTION-458 due 2010-09-07
17:38:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-458 Schedule discussion of followup actions for TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities due date now 2010-09-07
17:39:15 [noah]
ACTION-430?
17:39:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-430 -- Ashok Malhotra to propose a plan for his contributions to section 5: Client-side state -- due 2010-06-15 -- OPEN
17:39:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430
17:39:22 [jar]
q+ to discuss action 322
17:39:47 [noah]
ACTION-442?
17:39:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-442 -- Ashok Malhotra to trya nd integrate NM and TVRs words into a coherent draft -- due 2010-06-16 -- OPEN
17:39:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442
17:40:22 [Yves]
Ashok: need to incorporate comments
17:41:00 [noah]
NM: What you wrote was on 442, what we need is client side state like cookies, sql stores, etc.
17:42:37 [noah]
NM: Would really like to have substantive drafts in Sept, for discussion at Oct. F2f
17:42:39 [Yves]
Ashok: got bullet points, like a TOC. I will send them out, if we can cooperate, that would be terrific
17:43:58 [noah]
ACTION-430 due 2010-09-09
17:43:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-430 Propose a plan for his contributions to section 5: Client-side state due date now 2010-09-09
17:44:14 [noah]
ACTION-442?
17:44:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-442 -- Ashok Malhotra to trya nd integrate NM and TVRs words into a coherent draft -- due 2010-06-16 -- OPEN
17:44:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442
17:44:25 [noah]
AM: I'll take Noah's comments and send out
17:44:36 [noah]
ACTION-442 due 2010-09-09
17:44:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-442 Trya nd integrate NM and TVRs words into a coherent draft due date now 2010-09-09
17:44:52 [noah]
ACTION-438?
17:44:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-438 -- Ashok Malhotra to comment to web storage guys: basically all of this is origin-based, but section 6.1 has a 'may' -- is this a door being held open for CORS? -- due 2010-06-15 -- OPEN
17:44:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/438
17:45:27 [noah]
AM: I sent it out, got some notes back saying "spec is what it is"
17:45:28 [Yves]
Ashok: did it, got some notes back.
17:46:35 [noah]
close ACTION-438
17:46:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-438 Comment to web storage guys: basically all of this is origin-based, but section 6.1 has a 'may' -- is this a door being held open for CORS? closed
17:46:54 [noah]
ACTION-379?
17:46:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-379 -- Noah Mendelsohn to check whether HTML language reference has been published -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
17:46:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379
17:48:39 [Yves]
ACTION-455?
17:48:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-455 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion on privacy workshop outcomes. -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
17:48:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/455
17:48:42 [noah]
action-455 due 2010-08-30
17:48:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-455 Schedule discussion on privacy workshop outcomes. due date now 2010-08-30
17:48:45 [Yves]
waiting for DanA
17:48:54 [noah]
ACTION-381?
17:48:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-381 -- Jonathan Rees to spend 2 hours helping Ian with http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/ -- due 2010-09-14 -- OPEN
17:48:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/381
17:49:33 [noah]
ACTION-33?
17:49:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-33 -- Henry S. Thompson to revise naming challenges story in response to Dec 2008 F2F discussion -- due 2010-07-15 -- OPEN
17:49:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33
17:49:58 [Yves]
Henry: will work on actions this week
17:50:44 [jar]
q?
17:50:46 [jar]
q?
17:50:56 [noah]
ack next
17:50:58 [Zakim]
jar, you wanted to discuss action 322
17:51:03 [jar]
action-322?
17:51:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-322 -- Dan Connolly to brief Science Commons counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-06-09 -- OPEN
17:51:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322
17:52:00 [Yves]
we have to talk to the science common counsel before september.
17:53:46 [noah]
ACTION-322?
17:53:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-322 -- Dan Connolly to brief Science Commons counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-06-09 -- OPEN
17:53:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322
17:54:03 [noah]
ACTION-322?
17:54:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-322 -- Jonathan Rees to brief Science Commons counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-08-20 -- OPEN
17:54:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322
17:54:15 [noah]
ACTION-335?
17:54:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-335 -- Dan Connolly to remind us about data-* when progress on distributed extensibility next becomes available -- due 2010-06-15 -- OPEN
17:54:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/335
17:55:05 [Yves]
jar: 335 should be folded into the new HTML/XML integration issue
17:55:35 [noah]
close ACTION-335
17:55:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-335 Remind us about data-* when progress on distributed extensibility next becomes available closed
17:55:44 [jar]
data-* is being taken up by html wg, yes? as one of the 5 proposals?
17:55:51 [noah]
ACTION-436?
17:55:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-436 -- Dan Connolly to bring "Schemas for XHTML" inquiry to the attention of Michael Smith, HTML Activity Lead -- due 2010-06-08 -- OPEN
17:55:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/436
17:56:15 [noah]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0038.html
17:56:31 [noah]
Mike Smith answered:
17:56:32 [noah]
Murata-san,
17:56:32 [noah]
Perhaps this is something you and I could meet face-to-face to
17:56:32 [noah]
discuss
17:56:32 [noah]
--Mike
17:56:57 [noah]
Shane McCarron wrote:
17:56:58 [noah]
Actually, the XHTML 2 Working Group already has this on our list of
17:56:58 [noah]
things to complete during our winding up. PLH has authorized
17:56:58 [noah]
publication of M12N and the related RNG specs for the XHTML family
17:56:58 [noah]
markup languages as far as I know. We have the work mostly completed.
17:57:46 [noah]
close ACTION-436
17:57:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-436 Bring "Schemas for XHTML" inquiry to the attention of Michael Smith, HTML Activity Lead closed
17:58:33 [Yves]
any AOB?
17:59:57 [Zakim]
-John_Kemp
17:59:57 [Yves]
noah: needs a heads up from jar is the science common counsel can participate in next call
17:59:58 [Zakim]
-Noah_Mendelsohn
17:59:59 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:00:00 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Rees
18:00:02 [Yves]
ADJOURNED
18:00:04 [Zakim]
-Yves
18:00:07 [Zakim]
-Ht
18:00:09 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
18:00:11 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ht, Noah_Mendelsohn, Ashok_Malhotra, Jonathan_Rees, Yves, +1.413.458.aaaa, +1.413.458.aabb, John_Kemp
18:00:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-minutes.html Yves
19:56:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem