Internationalization Core Teleconference

18 Aug 2010


See also: IRC log


addison, richard, mati, aharon, david, andrew, felix
Addison Phillips
Addison Phillips


<scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

<scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip

<David> Hello Addison & Andrew

<Aharon> I will only be able to stay on for about half an hour.


richard had one agenda add on

Action Items

Addison to review Media Fragments URI

addison: write back to Unicode/Mark Davis seeking further information on UTR#20 future requirements and indicating that we don't wish to sever relationship between W3C and TUC documents

Aharon: forward text of input locale comment to WG for DOM3 key events

<scribe> DONE

Aharon: publish meeting minutes from bidi meeting

<scribe> DONE

Richard: announce charset tutorial as draft for review on winter list for Official Announcement in two weeks

<scribe> DONE

Info Share

<r12a> http://rishida.net/scripts/myanmar/

richard: WOFF and TT webfonts

<r12a> http://rishida.net/scripts/urdu/

richard: put links in above documents
... that allow you to view with an embedded WOFF font
... been testing WOFF and will update results

<r12a> http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview6beta/

richard: if interested in Unicode 6.0 characters
... secret Unicode 6 Beta has graphics for everything
... (a few ugly symbols in alchemical symbols)

MathML directionality

addison: do we have anything to add to this topic?

aharon: don't anticipate anything to add

<r12a> Arabic mathematical notation

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-arabic-math-20060131

matial: arabic math note is interesting
... math ml is good enough to cover

Info Share

richard: new member from Microsoft

Keyboard Locale text

richard: moved thread to winter list for further discussion
... also on DOM3 list

aharon: only one response
... concern about fingerprinting

<r12a> from anne van kesteren

aharon: maybe not that big a deal, but not sure what others think

Where people should send comments on specs

richard: brought up from the time to time :-)
... we have been using i18n-comments@ for comments
... I think it could be problematic because you have to join the list to send to it
... thinking we could send things to www-international
... and then distribute
... consider eric's comments no JLTF document
... no one will see on i18n-comments@
... so have to forward
... but then it doesn't get more exposure
... appropriate for that comment perhaps
... but more general comments?

norbert: where to post comments? have to join mailing list nobody reads... so maybe just create a web form?

richard: don't think so, because poster probably wants to respond to comments

<Aharon> Have to go now. Bye, everybody!

<scribe> chair: any objection to using winter list unless we deliberately choose another target list (e.g. the bidi list)?

so resolved

richard: think first if a conversation should be on www-international when considering where to start a thread of conversation?

bidi document progress


richard: looked at review comments for P&C
... looks like we've closed them all!
... polyglot, first item addressed, but others unaddressed

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0907-widgets-pc/

richard: changed table slightly

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/

richard: now links better to latest version of spec

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/08/18 17:09:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/addison: any/chair: any/
Succeeded: s/winter/www-international/
Succeeded: s/doucment/document/
Succeeded: s/item closed/item addressed/
Found Scribe: Addison Phillips
Found ScribeNick: aphillip
Default Present: +972.5.424.5aaaa, +44.141.888.aabb, aphillip, David, Aharon, [IPcaller], andrewc, Felix, +972.5.225.5aacc, Richard, matial, +1.415.283.aadd, Norbert, +1.408.349.aaee
Present: addison richard mati aharon david andrew felix
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2010Aug/0003.html
Got date from IRC log name: 18 Aug 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/08/18-core-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]