IRC log of xproc on 2010-08-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
15:00:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:00:27 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:00:27 [Norm]
Date: 12 August 2010
15:00:27 [Norm]
15:00:27 [Norm]
Meeting: 178
15:00:27 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:00:28 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:00:30 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
15:00:45 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
15:01:03 [Zakim]
15:01:50 [Zakim]
15:03:06 [Norm]
Regrets: Vojtech
15:04:19 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
15:04:32 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
15:04:32 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
15:04:33 [Zakim]
15:04:50 [Zakim]
+ +44.794.975.aaaa
15:05:26 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Paul, Mohamed, Henry, Alex
15:05:37 [ht]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:05:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, PGrosso, MoZ, Ht, +44.794.975.aaaa
15:05:44 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:05:44 [Norm]
15:05:46 [ht]
zakim, +44 is alex
15:05:46 [Zakim]
+alex; got it
15:05:58 [Norm]
15:06:04 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:06:04 [Norm]
15:06:10 [Norm]
15:06:16 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 26 August 2010?
15:06:38 [Norm]
Accepted. No meeting 19 August 2010.
15:07:21 [Norm]
Topic: Comments on XML Processor Profiles
15:07:29 [Norm]
Norm: Nothing new, probably time to nudge them.
15:10:12 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm will nudge on issue 003
15:11:31 [Norm]
Topic: Review of latest editor's draft
15:16:45 [Norm]
Discussion of various editorial issues. Henry to publish a new draft in time for our next meeting.
15:17:46 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business
15:18:46 [Norm]
Henry: What about a lightweight XSLT template step? Pipelines need something simpler than 3 add attributes plus a rename.
15:19:05 [Norm]
...For, it would be nice to have a template step that allows you to have a match pattern and use curly braces.
15:19:29 [Norm]
Norm: Could you do that literally with an XQuery step?
15:19:47 [Norm]
Henry: Perhaps.
15:20:18 [Norm]
Henry: The other thing that occurred to me is that you could do that with a literal result stylesheet.
15:21:03 [Norm]
Norm: But you can't get at variables in the pipeline, of course.
15:22:17 [Norm]
Some discussion of content versus context, viewports, and XSLT.
15:25:13 [Norm]
Henry to find or send email example.
15:26:45 [Norm]
15:26:49 [Zakim]
15:26:51 [Zakim]
15:26:53 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world visible
15:26:53 [Zakim]
15:26:56 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:26:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
15:26:59 [Zakim]
15:27:00 [Zakim]
15:27:00 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:27:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, PGrosso, MoZ, Ht, +44.794.975.aaaa, alex
15:27:12 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
15:28:21 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has left #xproc
17:25:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc