IRC log of ua on 2010-08-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:49:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
16:49:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-irc
16:50:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:50:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:50:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
16:50:02 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
16:50:03 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
16:50:03 [trackbot]
Date: 05 August 2010
16:50:07 [jeanne]
chair: Jim, Kelly
16:59:47 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
16:59:53 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:00:13 [Jan]
Jan has joined #ua
17:00:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:00:54 [AllanJ]
AllanJ has joined #ua
17:00:54 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
17:01:06 [Jan]
zakim, code?
17:01:06 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), Jan
17:01:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:01:39 [Zakim]
+Greg
17:01:40 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jan
17:01:40 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
17:01:55 [Zakim]
+AllanJ
17:06:22 [Zakim]
+KimPatch
17:08:06 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
17:10:51 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
17:14:02 [Greg]
topic: EOWG comments
17:14:32 [Greg]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2010Jul/0000.html
17:14:33 [AllanJ]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2010Jul/0000.html
17:16:02 [Greg]
Jeanne says the comments from EOWG are very good. Many we're already aware of, some new, caught a lot of minor editing tasks yet to be done.
17:19:10 [Greg]
EOWG Comment 10. Appendix E: Checklist. We are interested in what you have in mind here. EOWG has been working on defining enhancements to How to Meet WCAG 2.0: A customizable quick reference... <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/> (some of which are collected at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-wcag2-checklist.html ) It would be good to coordinate on theses related items.
17:19:24 [kford]
/me apologies but I need to step out for about two minutes. I will be back.
17:19:40 [Greg]
Everyone agrees this is a good idea.
17:23:10 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the glossary.
17:23:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-422 - Meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the glossary. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-08-12].
17:23:11 [Greg]
Jim brings up general topic of reorganizing or reformatting glossary. Jeanne and Kim intend to go through the document doing a copy-edit pass, while Kim and Greg intend to normalize glossary terms.
17:25:08 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to meet with Kim and go through the glossary, making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped location.
17:25:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-423 - Meet with Kim and go through the glossary, making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped location. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-08-12].
17:25:37 [Greg]
We have the general question of organizing the glossary, choosing between having all entries alphabetically listed, or grouping related terms together, or grouping related terms and putting cross-references in the general alphabetical list.
17:28:30 [Greg]
Kim created a Google Doc with editorial resources, at https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASiGLIaAlHSKZGR3d3FrbWJfNDkxaHRka3JjZjg&hl=en
17:29:36 [Zakim]
-Jan
17:33:33 [jeanne]
WCAG Manual of Style - http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=WCAG_2.0_Manual_of_Style
17:34:06 [jeanne]
community > writing guidelines
17:34:06 [jeanne]
General Writing Guidelines for Technology and People with Disabilitieshttp://www.sigaccess.org/community/writing_guidelines/
17:34:57 [Greg]
Eventually we will need to formally respond to EOWG with resolution of each of their suggestions, once they have been resolved.
17:35:23 [jeanne]
W3C Excerpt and Citation Guide - http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/06-excerpt-license
17:36:10 [Greg]
Kelly will send them a thank-you and let them know we'll follow up and let them know when they're resolved.
17:40:14 [Greg]
topic: Review of writing on Monday and Tuesday
17:41:19 [Greg]
There's no need to review Monday an Tuesday work on this call, as everyone on the call participated in those discussions.
17:42:32 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:42:33 [Zakim]
-KimPatch
17:42:37 [Zakim]
-Greg
17:42:43 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
17:42:44 [Zakim]
-AllanJ
17:42:44 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
17:42:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jeanne, [Microsoft], Greg, Jan, AllanJ, KimPatch
17:43:01 [AllanJ]
All: please review the survey for next week http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20100802/
17:43:09 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:43:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
17:43:21 [AllanJ]
scribe: Greg
17:44:16 [AllanJ]
meeting ended early. only writing participants (including Jan) present.
17:44:21 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:44:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
17:44:39 [AllanJ]
zakim, please part
17:44:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
17:44:48 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, set logs public
17:45:01 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, please part
17:45:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-actions.rdf :
17:45:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to meet with Kim to normalize terms and do a general editorial sweep of the document. Greg will be involved in the glossary. [1]
17:45:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-irc#T17-23-10
17:45:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to meet with Kim and go through the glossary, making terms in Alpha order linking to the grouped location. [2]
17:45:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/08/05-ua-irc#T17-25-08