IRC log of dap on 2010-08-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:45:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:45:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/08/04-dap-irc
13:45:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:45:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:45:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:45:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
13:45:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:45:52 [trackbot]
Date: 04 August 2010
13:46:02 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:46:10 [fjh]
Present+: Frederick_Hirsch
13:46:24 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:46:27 [fjh]
s/Present+: Frederick_Hirsch//
13:46:57 [fjh2]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0009.html
13:47:43 [fjh2]
Regrets: Robin_Berjon
13:49:59 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
13:50:10 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
13:51:14 [Suresh]
Suresh has joined #dap
13:51:25 [Suresh]
Present+ Suresh_Chitturi
13:52:39 [nstratford]
nstratford has joined #dap
13:58:04 [jmorris]
jmorris has joined #dap
13:58:25 [soonho]
soonho has joined #dap
13:58:35 [jmorris]
Present+ John_Morris
13:58:44 [soonho]
Present+ Soonho_Lee
13:59:23 [nstratford]
Present+ Neil_Stratford
14:01:05 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
14:01:05 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
14:01:06 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:01:08 [Zakim]
+Thomas
14:01:18 [tlr]
Present+ Thomas_781
14:01:20 [tlr]
gah
14:01:23 [tlr]
Present+ Thomas_Roessler
14:01:29 [Zakim]
+Dom
14:01:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.744.aaaa
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aabb
14:01:48 [Zakim]
- +1.425.214.aabb
14:01:53 [jmorris]
zakim, .aaaa is jmorris
14:01:53 [Zakim]
sorry, jmorris, I do not recognize a party named '.aaaa'
14:02:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aacc
14:02:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:02:06 [dom]
Regrets+ Ingmar_Kliche
14:02:06 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:02:13 [jmorris]
zakim, aaaa is jmorris
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+jmorris; got it
14:02:15 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller.a] is me
14:02:15 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:02:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.373.aadd
14:02:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.637.aaee
14:02:23 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
14:02:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom, jmorris, +1.425.214.aacc, fjh, +1.972.373.aadd, +1.202.637.aaee
14:02:28 [Suresh]
zakim, aadd is Suresh
14:02:28 [Zakim]
+Suresh; got it
14:02:33 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom, jmorris, +1.425.214.aacc, fjh, Suresh, +1.202.637.aaee
14:02:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see soonho, jmorris, nstratford, Suresh, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjhtoo, fjh, tlr, shepazu, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:02:40 [enewland]
enewland has joined #dap
14:02:47 [enewland]
Present+ erica_newland
14:02:48 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
14:03:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:03:46 [nstratford]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:03:46 [Zakim]
+nstratford; got it
14:03:58 [maoteo]
maoteo has joined #dap
14:04:02 [dom]
zakim, aaee is probably enewland
14:04:02 [Zakim]
+enewland?; got it
14:04:10 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has joined #dap
14:04:22 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom, jmorris, +1.425.214.aacc, fjh, Suresh, enewland?, nstratford
14:04:23 [bryan_sullivan]
present+ bryan_sullivan
14:04:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bryan_sullivan, maoteo, enewland, jmorris, nstratford, Suresh, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjhtoo, fjh, tlr, shepazu, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos, dom,
14:04:26 [maoteo]
Present+ Maria_Oteo
14:04:26 [jmorris]
zakim, enewland? is enewland
14:04:27 [Zakim]
... trackbot
14:04:28 [Zakim]
+enewland; got it
14:04:30 [somebody_]
somebody_ has joined #dap
14:04:42 [somebody_]
Present+ Daniel_Coloma
14:04:42 [dom]
zakim, aacc is bryan_sullivan
14:04:42 [Zakim]
+bryan_sullivan; got it
14:05:37 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom, jmorris, bryan_sullivan, fjh, Suresh, enewland, nstratford
14:05:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see somebody_, bryan_sullivan, maoteo, enewland, jmorris, nstratford, Suresh, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjhtoo, fjh, tlr, shepazu, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos,
14:05:41 [Zakim]
... dom, trackbot
14:05:53 [soonho]
soonho has joined #dap
14:06:04 [Suresh]
SribeNick:Suresh
14:06:12 [soonho]
Present+ Soonho_Lee
14:06:15 [fjh]
Erica is able to scribe next week, thanks
14:06:17 [dom]
ScribeNick: Suresh
14:06:45 [fjh]
TPAC registration and information available (F2F after London F2F, 4-5 November )
14:06:49 [Suresh]
Topic: Announcements
14:06:57 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010Jun/0001.html
14:07:11 [fjh]
November 4-5 for a F2F
14:07:16 [Zakim]
+ +4aaff
14:07:21 [jmorris]
Regrets+ Alissa_Cooper
14:07:34 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:07:34 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:07:47 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/
14:07:49 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/
14:08:22 [Zakim]
+ +34.97.421.aagg
14:08:32 [Suresh]
Frederick: please register and fill in the questionnarie
14:08:44 [maoteo]
Zakim, aagg is maoteo
14:08:44 [Zakim]
+maoteo; got it
14:09:12 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/ Actual TPAC Registration form
14:09:38 [fjh]
The questionnaire is for WG planning, and can be done anytime, and should be done even if you don't plan to attend.
14:09:59 [fjh]
The TPAC registration is essential if you plan to attend
14:10:24 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-dates/ March 2011 F2F in Seoul
14:10:37 [dom]
ack me
14:10:41 [fjh]
March F2F, plan for Seoul Korea, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-dates/
14:11:17 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:11:17 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:11:18 [fjh]
dom notes hosting is confirmed
14:11:33 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:11:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom (muted), jmorris, bryan_sullivan, fjh, Suresh, enewland, nstratford, +4aaff, maoteo
14:11:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see soonho, somebody_, bryan_sullivan, maoteo, enewland, jmorris, nstratford, Suresh, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjhtoo, fjh, tlr, shepazu, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka,
14:11:37 [Zakim]
... lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:11:56 [fjh]
Media Capture Working Draft published, 20 July - http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/
14:12:05 [fjh]
Richard Tibbett now at Opera, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0006.html
14:12:21 [Suresh]
Topic: Minutes review
14:12:34 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes#draft-minutes
14:12:43 [fjh]
please review and indicate corrections
14:13:06 [Suresh]
fjh: the approval is deferred until Robin s back from vacation
14:13:13 [Suresh]
Topic:Privacy and Policy
14:13:18 [soonho]
zakim, aaff is yourHandle
14:13:18 [Zakim]
+yourHandle; got it
14:13:49 [dom]
zakim, yourHandle is really soonho
14:13:49 [Zakim]
+soonho; got it
14:14:04 [Suresh]
Bryan: Are there minutes available from the privacy workshop?
14:14:36 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2010/07/12-privacy-minutes.html
14:14:38 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2010/07/13-privacy-minutes.html
14:14:42 [tlr]
draft minutes
14:14:44 [Suresh]
tlr: Summary report will be available soon
14:16:03 [dom]
ACTION-210?
14:16:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-210 -- Alissa Cooper to summarize and add issues to ruleset doc -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
14:16:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/210
14:16:07 [Suresh]
fjh: the group needs to make a decision on how to move the ruleset forward
14:16:10 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
14:16:13 [dom]
ack me
14:16:19 [richt]
Present+ Richard_Tibbett
14:16:46 [bryan_sullivan]
q+
14:16:48 [Zakim]
+ +44.757.091.aahh
14:17:00 [fjh]
ack bryan_sullivan
14:17:09 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:17:09 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:17:26 [Suresh]
Bryan: we should continue to discuss this - will take some time to flesh it out...UI aspects
14:17:26 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:17:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Dom (muted), jmorris, bryan_sullivan, fjh, Suresh, enewland, nstratford, soonho, maoteo, +44.757.091.aahh
14:17:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see richt, soonho, somebody_, bryan_sullivan, maoteo, enewland, jmorris, nstratford, Suresh, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjhtoo, fjh, tlr, shepazu, wmaslowski, ingmar,
14:17:29 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-privacy/2010JulSep/ public-privacy@w3.org mailing list
14:17:31 [Zakim]
... ilkka, lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:17:40 [bryan_sullivan]
q-
14:18:16 [Suresh]
fjh: next step is to wait for ACTION 210..
14:18:49 [Suresh]
John: agreed, it needs more discussion
14:18:53 [fjh]
privacy plan - outline issues (ACTION-210), propose means to address if possible, then WG decision on next steps
14:19:34 [Suresh]
q+
14:19:46 [fjh]
ack Suresh
14:20:09 [Suresh]
Suresh: Notification API?
14:20:20 [Suresh]
q-
14:20:30 [fjh]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/features/
14:20:40 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-notification/ list for discussions around the chartering of a Web Notification WG
14:20:43 [Suresh]
fjh: it's probably an error...should be deleted
14:20:57 [tlr]
q+
14:21:11 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:21:42 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2010Aug/thread.html#msg1 Thread around the need for a URI for geolocation API in widgets
14:21:57 [bryan_sullivan]
q+
14:22:48 [dom]
(I'm not sure if Notifications are very privacy-invasive in general)
14:23:00 [tlr]
(+1 on that, just pointing out the general point)
14:23:02 [fjh]
Suggest we avoid discussion of where URIs should be defined, currently keep in Features document so we can have text around the topic, and clarity
14:23:10 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/notif2010/ Call for Review: Rich Web Client Activity Proposal - Web Notification Working Group (Member-only)
14:23:13 [fjh]
Also suggest we limit to APIs in DAP + Geoloc, as a starting point
14:23:21 [Suresh]
tlr: FYI, notification work is being planned in a separate working group
14:23:27 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2010JulSep/0013.html (member-confidential link)
14:23:41 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2010Jul/0001.html Proposed W3C Charter: Web Notification Working Group (until 2010-08-23) [public announcement]
14:23:59 [Suresh]
fjh: re feature, what is our next steps?
14:24:25 [dom]
ack me
14:25:20 [fjh]
ack bryan_sullivan
14:25:36 [Suresh]
dom: we need to be aware that there are exisiting feature classification, and make sure we take them as input for our work
14:25:50 [jmorris]
q+
14:26:35 [fjh]
dom notes features can be used in various contexts, policy, widget, also potentially checkPermissions proposal, installable applications manifest
14:26:57 [fjh]
action: fjh to send notice on features draft to list and ask for help progressing
14:26:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-244 - Send notice on features draft to list and ask for help progressing [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-08-11].
14:27:29 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:27:29 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:27:31 [fjh]
action: fjh to provide notice on tpac questionnaire
14:27:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-245 - Provide notice on tpac questionnaire [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-08-11].
14:27:41 [jmorris]
q-
14:27:48 [fjh]
q+ to ask about WAC
14:28:16 [bryan_sullivan]
q-
14:28:59 [fjh]
ack fjh
14:28:59 [Zakim]
fjh, you wanted to ask about WAC
14:29:45 [Suresh]
fjh: does anyone know anything on WAC?
14:30:49 [Suresh]
fjh: back to Policy, if there is any input please provide it to help progress policy work
14:30:58 [dom]
s/on WAC/on how WAC plans to align with DAP's specs/
14:31:09 [fjh]
I suggest members of this WG that are involved with WAC to make sure WAC is aware of WG API work and strive toward alignment
14:31:19 [bryan_sullivan]
my comment re Web Notification WG proposal, this seems related to work that I lead in OMA and discussions we have had with HTML WG re Server-Sent Events and OMA Push (including SIP Push). I think this would be better handled as a new spec inside Webapps rather than a new group. AT&T would support this work, but joining another group is problematic.
14:31:35 [fjh]
ACTION-218?
14:31:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-218 -- Paddy Byers to provide proposal for feature architecture text regarding web and widgets cases for feature document -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
14:31:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/218
14:31:45 [fjh]
ACTION-241?
14:31:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-241 -- Frederick Hirsch to review and update policy requirements -- due 2010-07-23 -- OPEN
14:31:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/241
14:31:49 [fjh]
action-242?
14:31:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-242 -- Paddy Byers to review and update policy requirements -- due 2010-07-23 -- OPEN
14:31:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/242
14:32:02 [Suresh]
Topic: Message API Status
14:32:08 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0005.html
14:32:27 [fjh]
ACTION-222?
14:32:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-222 -- Thomas Roessler to review the Messaging security section -- due 2010-08-15 -- OPEN
14:32:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/222
14:32:35 [tlr]
action-221?
14:32:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-221 -- Maria Angeles Oteo to draft a security section for Messaging -- due 2010-07-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:32:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/221
14:32:47 [fjh]
ACTION-221?
14:32:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-221 -- Maria Angeles Oteo to draft a security section for Messaging -- due 2010-07-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:32:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/221
14:33:44 [Suresh]
fjh: we should publish FPWD
14:33:48 [Suresh]
tlr: +1
14:33:56 [Suresh]
+1
14:34:42 [Suresh]
Date: 10 Aug 2010
14:35:09 [Suresh]
RESOLUTION: To publish FPWD of Messaging API - 10 Aug 2010
14:35:20 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request approval for FPWD for messaging and prepare publication
14:35:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-246 - Request approval for FPWD for messaging and prepare publication [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2010-08-11].
14:35:31 [fjh]
action: fjh to send transition request for Message API FPWD publication
14:35:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-247 - Send transition request for Message API FPWD publication [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-08-11].
14:35:37 [dom]
ack me
14:35:45 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:35:45 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:36:06 [Suresh]
Topic: SysInfo status
14:36:18 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0002.html
14:37:39 [fjh]
Bryan will work on editorial items, anticipate completion mid-August
14:37:46 [fjh]
ISSUE-92?
14:37:46 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 -- Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; -- open
14:37:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/92
14:38:04 [dom]
ack me
14:38:26 [fjh]
"Should the privacy prompts/indications for operators that are permanent (watch) vs one-shot (get) differ? "
14:38:45 [dom]
zakim, mute me
14:38:45 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
14:40:12 [Suresh]
q+
14:40:20 [fjh]
action: jmorris to provide a proposal relevant to ISSUE-92, sysinfo privacy prompts for operators get vs watch
14:40:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-248 - Provide a proposal relevant to ISSUE-92, sysinfo privacy prompts for operators get vs watch [on John Morris - due 2010-08-11].
14:40:25 [fjh]
ack Suresh
14:41:13 [dom]
(wouldn't monitor be equivalent to get then?)
14:41:38 [Suresh]
I see that there are no exceptions for monitor(), shoudl we consider adding exceptions?
14:41:57 [dom]
(I suggest sending this as a question to the editors before raising an issue)
14:42:49 [fjh]
ISSUE: some properties of sysinfo are static so monitor might not make sense
14:42:50 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-96 - Some properties of sysinfo are static so monitor might not make sense ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/96/edit .
14:43:26 [fjh]
action-203?
14:43:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-203 -- Bryan Sullivan to add proposal from John Morris re buckets to sysinfo, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0322.html -- due 2010-07-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:43:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/203
14:43:26 [Suresh]
Suresh to send a note to the list re ISSUE-96
14:43:37 [fjh]
action-211?
14:43:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-211 -- Alissa Cooper to make proposal on list for sysinfo privacy section -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
14:43:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/211
14:43:42 [Suresh]
q-
14:43:49 [fjh]
action-212?
14:43:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-212 -- Bryan Sullivan to incorporate proposal from ACTION-211 into SysInfo draft -- due 2010-07-21 -- CLOSED
14:43:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/212
14:44:00 [fjh]
action-211 closed
14:44:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-211 Make proposal on list for sysinfo privacy section closed
14:44:23 [Zakim]
-enewland
14:44:32 [fjh]
action-212 closed
14:44:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-212 Incorporate proposal from ACTION-211 into SysInfo draft closed
14:44:34 [dom]
(I think that's done; but Alissa will review it as part of ACTION-210)
14:44:59 [richt]
correct. will review sysinfo after the edits
14:45:27 [fjh]
Expect that ACTION-213 and ACTION-243 will be done after edits complete, Bryan please notify the WG when complete
14:45:43 [fjh]
assume also for ACTION-214
14:46:12 [Suresh]
Topic: Contacts API
14:46:21 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0007.html (richard)
14:46:47 [fjh]
Richard plans to update over the next two weeks
14:46:51 [fjh]
ACTION-215?
14:46:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-215 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to write up issues with write/delete access for Contacts APIs -- due 2010-07-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:46:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/215
14:46:53 [tlr]
q+
14:46:57 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:47:39 [Suresh]
tlr: coordination between OMA CAB and IETF vCard
14:47:51 [fjh]
tlr link on vcard4, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0142.html
14:47:54 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/1279639071.29671.160.camel%2540localhost Write-access difficulties (for contacts and other APIs) — for ACTION-215
14:48:54 [Suresh]
tlr: OMA initial response was to have W3C align with OMA work
14:49:02 [bryan_sullivan]
q+
14:49:11 [Suresh]
tlr: we need to get IETF people involved as well
14:51:20 [richt]
Agree with fjh. We will need another working draft for Contacts API and Contacts Writer API in the very near future, which was mentioned before and during the f2f.
14:51:28 [fjh]
ack bryan_sullivan
14:52:06 [Suresh]
q+
14:52:14 [fjh]
suggest we publish another WD in mid-August of Contacts without delay, then allow review of other materials etc. Need to think about when Last Call might happen
14:52:21 [fjh]
ack Suresh
14:52:28 [Suresh]
q+
14:53:09 [Suresh]
Bryan: I can facilitate the information from OMA CAB
14:53:40 [richt]
I'd like to set a schedule for Last Call for Contacts.
14:53:46 [fjh]
me too
14:54:30 [fjh]
sounds to me that we risk a large delay in reaching DAP Contacts last call, given various other partiers
14:54:30 [richt]
...and last call sooner rather than later, with inputs from vcard, oma and any other external groups before that time. (1 or 2 months from now?)
14:54:35 [fjh]
s/partiers/parties
14:54:54 [fjh]
ack Suresh
14:55:34 [fjh]
suresh notes that OMA might provide an official liaison to DAP
14:55:57 [fjh]
suresh notes that OMA schema is much more detailed, closer to vcard than DAP contacts
14:56:10 [richt]
I'd like input from OMA, vcard on the public mailing list and propose to set the schedule for last call in one month.
14:57:05 [dom]
+1 on intermediate draft showing removal of write access
14:57:45 [Suresh]
tlr: based on the discussion, I would support publishling a ordinary public draft
14:57:50 [fjh]
plan to publish WD when current round of edits is done, then review convergence and plan schedule for Last Call
14:57:52 [richt]
q+ to ask whether we are just publishing Contacts API working draft (not writer api)?
14:57:54 [bryan_sullivan]
Link to the OMA CAB address book schema spec: http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-CAB/Permanent_documents/OMA-SUP-XSD_cab_address_book-V1_0-20100309-D.zip
14:58:38 [fjh]
ack richt
14:58:38 [Zakim]
richt, you wanted to ask whether we are just publishing Contacts API working draft (not writer api)?
14:59:45 [tlr]
bryan, is the spec relating to this XSD available?
15:00:14 [tlr]
in fact...
15:00:19 [fjh]
richard asks whether we want to publish writer at same time as contacts, so material is lost
15:00:32 [tlr]
that xsd defines an element <address-book> and doesn't say anything about the data model
15:00:49 [Suresh]
that's right, the schema is still TBD
15:00:54 [dom]
(I'm not sure about publishing contacts writer, but I wouldn't object to it)
15:01:25 [Suresh]
i will try to send the link to the actual spec or maybe better to have it through the OMA liaison
15:01:59 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:02:14 [tlr]
suresh, thanks
15:02:47 [Dong-Young]
Dong-Young has joined #dap
15:03:20 [Dong-Young]
Present+ Dong-Young_Lee
15:04:15 [dom]
ack me
15:04:21 [fjh]
ACTION-215?
15:04:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-215 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to write up issues with write/delete access for Contacts APIs -- due 2010-07-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:04:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/215
15:04:24 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html
15:04:25 [Suresh]
ACTION: Suresh to review OMA CAB, vCard work and provide a summary on how we may progress
15:04:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-249 - Review OMA CAB, vCard work and provide a summary on how we may progress [on Suresh Chitturi - due 2010-08-11].
15:04:26 [bryan_sullivan]
Further link to the spec which describes the CAB address book schema as an object accessible via an OMA XML Document Management Service (XDMS): http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-CAB/Permanent_documents/OMA-TS-CAB_XDMS-V1_0-20100722-D.zip
15:05:36 [fjh]
action: richard add issue to contact writer corresponding to Dom's email for ACTION-215, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html
15:05:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-250 - Add issue to contact writer corresponding to Dom's email for ACTION-215, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html [on Richard Tibbett - due 2010-08-11].
15:06:11 [dom]
ACTION-230?
15:06:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-230 -- Wojciech Maslowski to specify "add to calendar" based on ICS-objects opening -- due 2010-08-05 -- OPEN
15:06:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/230
15:06:12 [fjh]
ISSUE: Write-access difficulties (in contacts and other APIs), see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html
15:06:12 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-97 - Write-access difficulties (in contacts and other APIs), see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0112.html ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/97/edit .
15:06:48 [dom]
(regarding contacts, there was also discussion around <input type="contacts"/>)
15:06:50 [dom]
ACTION-224?
15:06:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-224 -- Wojciech Maslowski to look into <input type="contacts"> options for contacts API -- due 2010-08-05 -- OPEN
15:06:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/224
15:07:05 [Suresh]
fjh: the plan is to publish a read-only draft in mid-August after edits, and FPWD of contact writer later
15:07:15 [richt]
correct, dom, but nothing much to say on that on this call :-(
15:08:10 [Suresh]
Topic: Calendar
15:08:16 [tlr]
q+
15:08:22 [fjh]
ack tlr
15:08:31 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0142.html
15:08:38 [fjh]
calConnect, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0143.html
15:08:52 [fjh]
OASIS WS-Calendaring
15:08:53 [Suresh]
tlr: no active work in IETF re calendar
15:09:33 [fjh]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ws-calendar
15:09:45 [Suresh]
the open question is how can we be compatible with other calender services over the wire
15:10:55 [fjh]
tlr notes will need use cases for lunisolar calendars and help on working on that if needed
15:11:21 [fjh]
ACTION-227?
15:11:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-227 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to compare iCalendar recurrence model with current Calendar API -- due 2010-07-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:11:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/227
15:11:32 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jul/0115.html
15:11:34 [richt]
q+
15:12:02 [fjh]
ack richt
15:12:48 [Suresh]
+1 to work on the gregorian for the moment
15:13:26 [richt]
we have a way forward now on Calendar with the resolution to continue with what we have now (smaller scope than lunisolar support)...
15:13:35 [richt]
...and having a TimezonedDate proposal that is nearly complete
15:13:42 [Suresh]
dom: we need to take a look at my comments...
15:13:54 [Suresh]
Topic: Capture
15:13:56 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Aug/0004.html
15:14:08 [richt]
dom, we do need to address your comments on Calendar Recurrence rules. Will do that on the mailing list.
15:14:21 [fjh]
"how do we properly reference
15:14:21 [fjh]
external IDLs (after we moved e.g. FormatData into external spec
15:14:21 [fjh]
HTMLMEDIACAPTURE)?"
15:14:35 [dom]
(I'll respond to him on the list)
15:14:44 [fjh]
ACTION-235?
15:14:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-235 -- Ingmar Kliche to polish Media Capture -- due 2010-07-23 -- OPEN
15:14:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/235
15:15:16 [richt]
RE: referencing external widls. perhaps we should be defining modules as in the WebIDL spec. AFAICS, modules can be referenced across specs like ::module1::submodule1 (etc)
15:16:11 [fjh]
Topic: Action and issue review
15:16:22 [fjh]
ACTION-210 stays open
15:16:31 [fjh]
ACTION-211?
15:16:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-211 -- Alissa Cooper to make proposal on list for sysinfo privacy section -- due 2010-07-21 -- CLOSED
15:16:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/211
15:17:01 [fjh]
ACTION-213, ACTION-243, ACTION-214 open, await update of Sysinfo before review
15:17:09 [wmaslowski_]
wmaslowski_ has joined #dap
15:17:10 [Opera__]
Opera__ has joined #dap
15:17:11 [fjh]
ACTION-216?
15:17:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-216 -- WonSuk Lee to reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
15:17:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/216
15:17:34 [fjh]
ACTION-218?
15:17:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-218 -- Paddy Byers to provide proposal for feature architecture text regarding web and widgets cases for feature document -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
15:17:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/218
15:17:47 [fjh]
ACTION-222?
15:17:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-222 -- Thomas Roessler to review the Messaging security section -- due 2010-08-15 -- OPEN
15:17:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/222
15:17:49 [fjh]
today
15:18:00 [fjh]
ACTION-238?
15:18:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-238 -- Bryan Sullivan to inform OMA groups of our status -- due 2010-07-23 -- OPEN
15:18:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/238
15:18:19 [fjh]
Bryan will provide an update
15:18:28 [fjh]
ISSUE-92?
15:18:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 -- Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; -- open
15:18:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/92
15:18:36 [fjh]
ISSUE-78?
15:18:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 -- Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) -- open
15:18:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/78
15:19:02 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html-media-capture-20100720/#security has text around it
15:19:02 [dom]
q+
15:19:08 [dom]
ack me
15:19:10 [fjh]
ack dom
15:19:38 [fjh]
ISSUE-78: http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html-media-capture-20100720/#security has text around it
15:19:38 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) notes added
15:19:42 [dom]
"For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting"
15:20:30 [dom]
"Implementations must not embed information in the EXIF header which could be used for non-intended purposes (such as geolocation or device id). " http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/Overview-API.html#security
15:20:35 [fjh]
ISSUE-78: draft security text is "For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting"
15:20:35 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) notes added
15:20:39 [jmorris]
q+
15:20:46 [fjh]
ack jmorris
15:20:57 [Zakim]
-bryan_sullivan
15:22:21 [Suresh]
jmorris: perhaps a description in the privacy/security may help
15:22:22 [fjh]
action: jmorris to review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture
15:22:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-251 - Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture [on John Morris - due 2010-08-11].
15:22:46 [fjh]
action251: "Implementations must not embed information in the EXIF header which could be used for non-intended purposes (such as geolocation or device id). " http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/Overview-API.html#security
15:22:52 [dom]
ACTION-251: review both in html-media-capture and media-capture-api (current texts differ)
15:22:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture notes added
15:22:56 [Zakim]
+Bryan_Sullivan
15:23:01 [dom]
action-251: "Implementations must not embed information in the EXIF header which could be used for non-intended purposes (such as geolocation or device id). " http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/Overview-API.html#security
15:23:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture notes added
15:23:14 [fjh]
ACTOIN-251: draft Capture security text is "For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting"
15:23:22 [dom]
ACTION-251: draft Capture security text is "For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting"
15:23:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture notes added
15:23:24 [fjh]
ACTION-251: draft Capture security text is "For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting"
15:23:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture notes added
15:23:42 [fjh]
ISSUE-36?
15:23:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-36 -- How far can we go with domain based trust model given constraints of HTML5 security model -- open
15:23:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/36
15:24:22 [tlr]
q+
15:24:36 [dom]
(this was raised back in November 2009 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/att-0017/minutes-2009-11-02.html#item04 )
15:25:11 [fjh]
bryan notes how do you determine the origin, for browser clear, for widget less clear, interaction of models
15:25:14 [fjh]
ack tlr
15:25:41 [fjh]
ISSUE-26?
15:25:41 [trackbot]
ISSUE-26 -- How to refer to API -- open
15:25:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/26
15:26:32 [fjh]
ISSUE-26: WG agrees to use URIs for features to refer to APIs
15:26:32 [trackbot]
ISSUE-26 How to refer to API notes added
15:26:40 [Suresh]
dom: with features we can close issue 26
15:26:42 [fjh]
ISSUE-26 closed
15:26:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-26 How to refer to API closed
15:26:48 [dom]
ISSUE-26: http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/features/ API features draft
15:26:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-26 How to refer to API notes added
15:27:23 [fjh]
Bryan notes that need positive statements to enable testability
15:27:53 [jmorris]
q+
15:28:27 [Suresh]
Bryan: re EXIF minimization problem, we could say that the implemention should expose "these" data as opposed to "only these"
15:28:34 [jmorris]
q-
15:29:24 [Suresh]
tlr: not comfortable controlling what gets exposed or not...and support jmorris idea of describing privacy related text
15:30:29 [Suresh]
Bryan: it was only a suggestion, was just tyring to say how to make it a useful requirement
15:30:39 [Zakim]
-Bryan_Sullivan
15:30:41 [dom]
regrets from me for next week
15:30:41 [Zakim]
- +44.757.091.aahh
15:30:42 [Zakim]
-Thomas
15:30:42 [Zakim]
-jmorris
15:30:44 [Zakim]
-Dom
15:30:45 [Zakim]
-maoteo
15:30:46 [Zakim]
-nstratford
15:30:47 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:30:48 [Zakim]
-??P11
15:30:50 [Zakim]
-soonho
15:30:52 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:30:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/04-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:31:56 [fjh]
s/Robin s/Robin is/
15:32:46 [Zakim]
-Suresh
15:32:47 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:32:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thomas, Dom, +1.202.744.aaaa, +1.425.214.aabb, +1.425.214.aacc, jmorris, fjh, +1.972.373.aadd, +1.202.637.aaee, Suresh, nstratford, enewland, bryan_sullivan, +4aaff,
15:32:52 [Zakim]
... +34.97.421.aagg, maoteo, soonho, +44.757.091.aahh
15:33:01 [fjh]
s/it's probably an error...should be deleted/suggest we remove Notifications from Feature draft at this time
15:34:33 [fjh]
s/Date: 10 Aug 2010//
15:35:22 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:35:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/08/04-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:59:44 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
17:47:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap