Provenance Incubator Group Teleconference

30 Jul 2010

See also: IRC log


[IPcaller], +44.238.059.aaaa, +1.915.603.aabb, [ISI], jcheney, +, SamCoppens
Yolanda Gil


<trackbot> Date: 30 July 2010

<scribe> Scribe: YolandaGil

<scribe> ScribeNick: YolandaGil

Yolanda: next week hopefuly we'll have a report from the vocabulary mappigs effort

Paul: Describes his draft of related work for the NA scenario

Draft is at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Analysis_of_News_Aggregator_Scenario#Scenario-Related_Research

Paul describes the process

Paul: First described how the scenario happens today

<Christine> +q

Paul: looked at the papers in Mendeley that were tagged with this scenario, then read the papers, then cited

a comment: [Lynch2001] is probably [Lynch2010]?

<jcheney> [Lynch2001] == http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=358223

<Christine> -q

<Christine> Agree

<Paulo> the identification of the information sources appears to be something critical for the news aggregation scenario

Sam agrees to add a few sentences about Premis, which is relevant to this scenario

Christine: we should cite work on identity and digital signatures

<Christine> Yolanda, Paul has already added the references I gave him regarding authentication, identity and authorisation.

Paul: how to proceed?

<Luc> i can work on this for a few hours next week

<Jose_> which tag?

<Paulo> i can also work on this this coming week

<DGarijo> #CURATE_ME

<DGarijo> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tQjIZ7YEUcAMOk3c1ARfaUw&authkey=COeamYUC&hl=en#gid=0

Next steps with the NA scenario: 1) Daniel add citations tagged with this scenario to the wiki page

<DGarijo> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Tagging_ToDos

2) Paul: draft gap analysis

3) Yolanda add mentions of the scenario to ground the related work discussion

Next topic: tagging status -- Daniel reports

<pgroth> she's done this

<pgroth> sorry

<Christine> Pointers to watermarking and fingerprinting still to come.

<Christine> Thanks for all the hard work Paul.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/07/30 16:23:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: YolandaGil
Inferring ScribeNick: YolandaGil
Found ScribeNick: YolandaGil

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: [IPcaller], +44.238.059.aaaa, +1.915.603.aabb, [ISI], jcheney, +, SamCoppens
Present: [IPcaller] +44.238.059.aaaa +1.915.603.aabb [ISI] jcheney + SamCoppens
Found Date: 30 Jul 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/07/30-prov-xg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]