IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-07-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:52:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:52:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/27-soap-jms-irc
15:52:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:52:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:52:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:52:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
15:52:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:52:12 [trackbot]
Date: 27 July 2010
15:58:28 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:58:36 [Zakim]
+[IBM-Hursley]
15:58:58 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:01:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
16:01:21 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
16:01:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.209.474.aabb
16:02:26 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:02:46 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:03:58 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
16:04:01 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Administrative items
16:04:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aacc
16:04:46 [mphillip]
Eric: Chair will be absent for meeting during week of Aug. 9-13 - shall we skip the meeting?
16:04:57 [mphillip]
Mark: I'll be out too - happy to skip
16:05:02 [mphillip]
Phil: +1
16:05:16 [mphillip]
Amy: (Will be out next week )
16:06:07 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: We will skip the meeting from 9-13 August
16:06:18 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:06:22 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:06:30 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:43 [mphillip]
The minutes are approved
16:06:51 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:07:57 [mphillip]
Agenda approved without modification
16:08:08 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI Scheme
16:09:06 [mphillip]
Eric: Sent updated draft of URI scheme to the list. Main changes are to make it a provisional draft, and to make the JMS reference a normative reference
16:10:38 [mphillip]
Mark: A number of RFC2119 words are lower case, but I'm happy with that
16:11:25 [mphillip]
Eric: Could take a run at changing
16:12:17 [mphillip]
Phil: Agree with Mark - doesn't seem very important - using the words without capitalisation is clear enough
16:12:43 [mphillip]
Eric: OK - will submit as a provisional scheme today.
16:12:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:13:15 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/146 - Eric - no action
16:13:36 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/181 - Eric - can't close (this is the issue of moving to CR)
16:13:57 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/189 - Eric - done resolution for issue 40
16:14:08 [mphillip]
close action-189
16:14:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 Apply resolution for issue 40 closed
16:14:40 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/190 - Eric - done - issue 59 raised
16:14:45 [mphillip]
close action-190
16:14:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-190 Review the test cases once the changes for issue 39 have been applied closed
16:14:54 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/191 - Derek - no progress
16:15:12 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/192 - Mark - done
16:15:21 [mphillip]
close action-192
16:15:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-192 Send list of known JMS URI formats to the SOAP/JMS list closed
16:16:02 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/193 - Eric - investigate provisional URI process - still needs further investigation
16:16:06 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/194 - Eric
16:16:14 [mphillip]
done
16:16:18 [mphillip]
close action-194
16:16:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-194 Apply the resolutions to Issues 41-46 closed
16:16:54 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Raised spec issues:
16:17:19 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/47 -
16:17:55 [mphillip]
Eric: topicReplyToName has two unflagged RFC2119 assertions, some inappropriate
16:19:44 [mphillip]
Mark: Proposal looks good
16:19:52 [mphillip]
Phil: Fine with rewording like this
16:20:42 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 47 is opened
16:21:49 [mphillip]
Eric: proposal is to rewrite the text to eliminate the keywords
16:22:15 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 47 is accepted as written
16:22:29 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/48
16:24:24 [mphillip]
Eric: Four unflagged 2119 assertions about message body and content type - more appropriate to move to definition of contentType
16:24:41 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 48 is opened
16:25:57 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/49
16:26:46 [mphillip]
Eric: Section 2.4.1: Another MUST statement without an assertion - describing the intended behaviour of XML parser
16:27:12 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 49 is opened
16:32:20 [mphillip]
Eric: XML parsers will already ignore the encoding
16:32:30 [mphillip]
Discussion on whether the bullet is required at all
16:32:52 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 49 is accepted as written
16:33:09 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/50
16:34:46 [mphillip]
Eric: The first paragraph in Section 2.5 does not make it clear that SOAP 1.1 must follow the patterns defined in this document
16:35:12 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 50 is opened
16:37:17 [mphillip]
Mark: Suggest the proposal is modified to make it clear that the MEP is specified in this document
16:37:52 [mphillip]
Mark: Moving the third paragraph up above the SOAP 1.2 statement
16:38:25 [mphillip]
Phil: Agreed - merging the first and 3rd paragraphs
16:38:49 [mphillip]
Eric: OK - we need an action for an alternative proposal
16:39:13 [mphillip]
action mark to propose an alternative resolution to issue 50
16:39:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-195 - Propose an alternative resolution to issue 50 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-08-03].
16:39:31 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/51
16:44:39 [mphillip]
Eric: normative statements are redundant in 2.4 (assertion 2027) and 2.6.1.1 (assertion 2034) and 2.7.1 (assertion 2040)
16:44:52 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 51 is opened
16:45:46 [mphillip]
Eric: Propose rewording and removing assertions 2034 and 2040
16:46:05 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 51 is accepted as written
16:46:19 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/52
16:47:46 [mphillip]
Eric: Lower case RFC2119 "must" keyword for JMSReplyTo in 2.6.1.1
16:48:03 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 52 is opened
16:49:10 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 52 is accepted as written
16:49:33 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/53
16:50:34 [mphillip]
Eric: Missing description for failure behaviour in 2.6.1.3
16:52:35 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 53 is opened
16:53:09 [mphillip]
Phil: Suggest we revise the proposal to spell the word fail as "Fail"
16:54:03 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 53 is accepted with the amendment to the word fail as suggested by Phil
16:54:19 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/54
16:55:33 [mphillip]
Eric: In 2.6.2.3 JMSDeliveryMode has an unflagged SHOULD
16:56:31 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 54 is opened
16:57:26 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposal is that SHOULD changes to "ought to"
16:57:54 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal to resolve Issue 54 is accepted as stated in the issue text
16:58:41 [mphillip]
Out of time
16:58:59 [mphillip]
Action Eric: To apply resolutions for the resolved issues above
16:58:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-196 - Apply resolutions for the resolved issues above [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-08-03].
16:59:23 [mphillip]
TOPIC: AOB?
16:59:39 [mphillip]
Phil: Do we have outstanding changes that will affect the test cases?
17:00:11 [mphillip]
Eric: The test cases will be simplified by removal of normation assertions and Issue 59 will add test cases for Correlation ID
17:01:05 [mphillip]
Phil: Would be good to get the test cases sorted as soon as we can
17:01:09 [mphillip]
Eric: Agreed
17:01:47 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:01:49 [Zakim]
- +1.708.246.aacc
17:01:49 [Zakim]
- +1.209.474.aabb
17:01:50 [Zakim]
- +1.512.286.aaaa
17:01:50 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:01:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were [IBM-Hursley], alewis, +1.512.286.aaaa, +1.209.474.aabb, +1.708.246.aacc
17:01:59 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:01:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/27-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:02:52 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:03:03 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:53:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms