IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-07-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:00:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-wai-wcag-irc
20:00:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:00:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:00:21 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
20:00:22 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:00:22 [trackbot]
Date: 22 July 2010
20:00:43 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:58 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:01:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.727.391.aacc
20:01:18 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:01:19 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:01:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, aacc is Marc_Johlic
20:01:33 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic; got it
20:01:41 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P2 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:01:41 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:02:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aadd
20:02:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Daman_Wandke
20:02:31 [Zakim]
+Daman_Wandke; got it
20:02:50 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, aadd is Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:17 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid; got it
20:03:57 [MichaelC]
zakim, Katie is Gregg_Vandierheiden
20:03:57 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vandierheiden; got it
20:03:58 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:04:03 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:04:03 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:04:15 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:20 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:04:20 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:05:20 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:05:30 [jamesn]
zakm, Oracle has James_Nurthen
20:05:45 [jamesn]
zaki
20:05:51 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle has James_Nurthen
20:05:51 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:06:33 [Ryladog]
test
20:07:28 [Ryladog]
Scribe: Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:07:32 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:39 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: Ryladog
20:09:15 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: Accept all unanimous consent issues? Not yet
20:10:43 [Loretta]
Daman Wandke
20:12:01 [Ryladog]
Introduction of new member: Daman Wandke, works part time for USDA and NASA for CIO
20:12:59 [Ryladog]
Daman Wandke does alot of work on PDFs at USDA
20:13:15 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: Accept all unanimous consent issues? YES
20:14:21 [greggvanderheiden]
Issue 2796: SC 1.4.7 Why "audio-only"?, Issue 2815: Is G1 sufficient technique for SC 2.4.1?, Issue 2819: WCAG2 Techniques draft doc H65- use of title attribute, Issue 2823: WCAG2 -Techniques draft: Flash15 vs Flash37
20:15:10 [Daman]
Daman has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:15 [Daman]
Daman Wandke, daman.wandke@nasa.gov, daman@damanw.com
20:15:33 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: CLOSED ISSUES: 2796, 2815, 2819 and 2823
20:15:44 [Ryladog]
Details: Issue 2796: SC 1.4.7 Why "audio-only"?, Issue 2815: Is G1 sufficient technique for SC 2.4.1?, Issue 2819: WCAG2 Techniques draft doc H65- use of title attribute, Issue 2823: WCAG2 -Techniques draft: Flash15 vs Flash37
20:16:21 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: CLOSED as PROPOSED: 2796, 2815, 2819 and 2823
20:17:07 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: OPEN ISSUES: 2822: Question about Understanding SC 2.4.4
20:18:25 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION: CLOSED as PROPOSED: 2796, 2815, 2819 and 2823
20:18:58 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: Discussion of OPEN ISSUES: 2822: Question about Understanding SC 2.4.4
20:21:25 [MichaelC]
s/ Daman Wandke, daman.wandke@nasa.gov, daman@damanw.com//
20:23:41 [Ryladog]
Loretta suggests add this something to User Agent notes
20:30:58 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: 2822. Add to User Agent Notes:......the following.......
20:37:40 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION: 2822. Add to User Agent Notes: Add and an EXAMPLE to the technique representing this. If the value of the title is essential to understanding the purpose of the link for all users, then the content of this attribute needs to be available to all keyboard users (not only those with text-to-speech software) for this technique to be accessibility supported.
20:38:40 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION: 2822. Add to User Agent Notes: If the value of the title is essential to understanding the purpose of the link for all users, then the content of this attribute needs to be available to all keyboard users (not only those with text-to-speech software) for this technique to be accessibility supported.
20:39:43 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION: 2822. Accept as ammended
20:41:01 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION: 2822. No example will be added to the technique
20:41:29 [Ryladog]
TOPIC:
20:41:40 [Ryladog]
TOPIC: WCAG Review of ATAG 2.0 Last Call by Sept 2
20:41:42 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-ATAG20-20100708/ ATAG 2.0 Last Call WD
20:42:30 [Ryladog]
Reviewers: Where ATAG 2 has dependencies upon WCAG
20:42:51 [Ryladog]
Reviewers: Ben, Daman
20:44:29 [jamesn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:44:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Daman_Wandke, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gregg_Vandierheiden, Marc_Johlic, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, [Oracle]
20:44:31 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vandierheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:44:31 [Zakim]
[Oracle] has James_Nurthen
20:44:44 [Ryladog]
Reviewers: Are see if there any inconsistancies between what ATAG 2 and WCAG 2 is requiring
20:44:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:44:49 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:45:41 [Ryladog]
Suggest Asking: David and Sophia to review
20:46:52 [Ryladog]
Deadline is Sept 2, will need reviews in 1 week before (by August 23rd) to coalate
20:47:51 [Ryladog]
How long is ATAG? 40 pages printed
20:48:24 [Ryladog]
Like WCAG's Understanding - called Implementing ATAG
20:51:42 [Ryladog]
Everyone ask friends to review. 3 main questions. 1. Do ATAG requirments match WCAG requirments? 2. Do ATAG requirments break any WCAG requirments? 3. Do ATAG conformance levels match/break any WCAG conformance levels?
20:52:32 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:52:48 [Ryladog]
Guideline: Parts A and Parts B. ATAG Guidelines plus the Glossary
20:55:33 [Ryladog]
Volunteer to Review ATAG 2: Mark (IBM) will compare ATAG and WCAG glossaries
20:56:34 [Ryladog]
Volunteer to Review ATAG 2: James (Oracle) may be able to find someone to review it - but - no promises
20:57:55 [Ryladog]
Volunteer to Review ATAG 2: Loretta will ask Cynthia S if there is anyone at Microsoft who might be able to review it
20:59:10 [Ryladog]
RESOLUTION to ACCEPT as Proposed, subject to review by Andrew. Issue 2823
21:00:04 [Ryladog]
CLOSING: Thanks Everybody
21:00:08 [Zakim]
-[Oracle]
21:00:10 [Ryladog]
Meeting: Next Week
21:00:11 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
21:00:37 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
21:00:39 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:00:46 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:00:55 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:45:52 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:45:56 [Zakim]
-Daman_Wandke
21:45:57 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:45:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.202.358.aaaa, +1.703.761.aabb, +1.727.391.aacc, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.650.214.aadd, Daman_Wandke, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland,
21:46:02 [Zakim]
... Ben_Caldwell, James_Nurthen, Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:51:31 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
21:51:31 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items