IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-07-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:52:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:52:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:52:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:52:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:52:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:52:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
15:52:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:52:10 [trackbot]
Date: 13 July 2010
15:52:38 [mphillip]
Zakim, list
15:52:38 [Zakim]
I see VB_VBWG()10:00AM, Team_()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_HCLS(COI)11:00AM, XML_(F2F)3:00AM active
15:52:41 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are HTML_WG(HTMLT)11:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, WF_()12:00PM, WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM
15:57:55 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
15:58:38 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:58:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aaaa
16:00:27 [Zakim]
+ +44.196.287.aabb
16:01:54 [mphillip]
zakim, aabb is Mark
16:01:56 [Zakim]
+Mark; got it
16:04:09 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:04:12 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:04:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.209.474.aacc
16:04:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.280.aadd
16:05:12 [eric]
Zakim, aacc is eric
16:05:12 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:05:27 [mphillip]
16:05:35 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:06:30 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:06:39 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:06:49 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:57 [mphillip]
16:07:21 [mphillip]
No objections - minutes are approved
16:07:34 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:11:47 [eric]
Topic: Minutes from last week
16:11:50 [eric]
16:12:31 [mphillip]
Issue 39 should not have been closed (there was no issue associated with namespace problem)
16:13:08 [mphillip]
Issue 39 resolution was applied for action 188 since last meeting
16:13:57 [mphillip]
Minutes from last week need amending to show that Issue 39 should NOT be closed
16:14:08 [mphillip]
No objections to this revision to the minutes
16:14:34 [mphillip]
We will add Issue 39 to the applied issues for review
16:14:47 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:15:04 [mphillip] - Eric - no progress
16:15:36 [mphillip] - Peter - now closed
16:16:05 [mphillip]
Peter: Change log in the spec didn't reflect Peter's changes
16:16:05 [mphillip]
close action-179
16:16:05 [mphillip]
close action-177
16:16:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-179 Update URI editors spec to reflect latest URI scheme URL closed
16:16:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-177 Update the spec with the resolution to issue 34 closed
16:16:48 [mphillip]
Eric: 179 was to reflect the latest URI scheme - now closed
16:17:07 [mphillip] - Eric - still open
16:17:14 [mphillip] - Eric - done
16:17:18 [mphillip]
close action-183
16:17:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-183 Apply resolution to issue 38 closed
16:17:34 [mphillip] - Eric - done
16:17:42 [mphillip]
close action-186
16:17:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-186 Review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits closed
16:17:53 [mphillip] - Derek - no update
16:18:08 [mphillip] - Mark - done
16:18:12 [mphillip]
close action-188
16:18:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-188 Apply the resolution to issue 39 closed
16:18:30 [mphillip] - Eric - no progress
16:18:44 [mphillip]
Eric: 190-193 - no progress
16:18:53 [mphillip]
Mark: 192 - no progress
16:19:05 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review of editorial nits
16:19:20 [mphillip]
16:21:01 [eric]
16:23:57 [mphillip]
Workgroup are happy after skimming the changes - will raise issues after a more careful offline review.
16:24:19 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Raised spec issues
16:24:28 [mphillip]
16:24:52 [mphillip]
Eric: List of spec. editors is incorrect
16:25:50 [mphillip]
Eric: It seems appropriate that we change this list
16:26:17 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 41
16:26:32 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION - We should open issue 41
16:27:14 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 41 resolved with the proposed list of editors -i.e. Roland, Phil, Mark, Peter, Eric
16:27:31 [mphillip]
16:28:21 [mphillip]
Eric: Spec abstract should mention WSDL
16:28:34 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 42
16:29:58 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposed resolution to Issue 42 is accepted as written
16:30:09 [mphillip]
16:31:58 [mphillip]
Eric: Section 2.2: paragraph #2 has a spurious assertion
16:32:16 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 43
16:32:40 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION No objections to opening Issue 43
16:34:29 [eric]
New proposal to resolve issue 43:
16:34:29 [eric]
Drop the sentence altogether, and combine the second & third paragraphs, so that they now read:
16:34:29 [eric]
Some of the properties are optional. Properties can be obtained from a number of sources. If a given property is specified in more than one of these, the following list specifies the precedence: the first MUST be used in preference to the second. †
16:35:28 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposed resolution to Issue 43 is accepted as written in the IRC log above
16:35:50 [mphillip]
16:38:50 [mphillip]
Eric: The named properties have an RFC2119 "MAY" which is not flagged as an assertion - possible because it is informative
16:39:01 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to opening Issue 44
16:41:23 [eric]
New proposal:
16:41:24 [eric]
For jndiInitialContextFactory, jndiURL, jndiConnectionFactoryName, replace bullet that reads "an optional property", and the bullet that reads "MAY be specified in ..." with the single bullet of: "optional in URI, optional in WSDL, optional in environment"
16:41:27 [eric]
16:44:02 [eric]
For jndiContextParameter, replace the "MAY be specified ... " bullet to be "optional in URI, optional in WSDL, optional in environment", and change the bullet starting with the sentence "An optional property that MAY be specified more than once" to read "A property that can be specified more than once."
16:45:35 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposed resolution to Issue 44 is accepted as written in the IRC log above
16:45:52 [mphillip]
16:47:01 [mphillip]
Eric: jndiContext parameter had 4 unflagged RFC2119 keywords. Two are resolved in previous issue
16:48:45 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections:- Issue 45 is opened
16:50:18 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposal must be amended to drop the first part which is dealt with in the previous issue
16:51:30 [mphillip]
Eric: this Issue can be considered to refer to only the changes to the fourth bullet
16:52:01 [eric]
Revised proposal: As in the issue tracker, except drop the first part that changes the second bullet.
16:52:56 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The revised proposal (just the 4th bullet) to Issue 45 is accepted
16:53:36 [mphillip]
16:55:07 [mphillip]
Eric: Section 2.2: soapjms:replyToName has redundant SHOULD in first bullet
16:55:33 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections:- Issue 46 is opened
16:56:30 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposed resolution to Issue 46 is accepted as written in the issue
16:56:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting applied resolutions
16:57:18 [eric]
16:57:27 [mphillip]
16:58:07 [mphillip]
16:59:58 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to accepting the appied changes for Issue 39 - Issue 39 can be closed
17:00:34 [mphillip]
action eric to apply the resolutions to Issues 41-46
17:00:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-194 - Apply the resolutions to Issues 41-46 [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-07-20].
17:01:55 [mphillip]
If anyone would like to make proposal to the issues discussed in Eric's spec. review, then please raise the issues and include proposals
17:02:21 [mphillip]
17:02:26 [mphillip]
17:02:29 [Zakim]
- +1.781.280.aadd
17:02:30 [Zakim]
17:02:32 [Zakim]
17:02:32 [Zakim]
17:02:33 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:02:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, +44.196.287.aabb, Mark, +1.209.474.aacc, +1.781.280.aadd, eric
17:02:46 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
17:03:44 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:32:26 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
19:01:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
20:13:19 [mphillip1]
mphillip1 has joined #soap-jms
22:26:53 [mphillip1]
mphillip1 has left #soap-jms