IRC log of ua on 2010-07-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:03:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
16:03:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-irc
16:03:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:03:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:03:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
16:03:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 57 minutes
16:03:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
16:03:44 [trackbot]
Date: 08 July 2010
16:04:11 [AllanJ]
chair: JimAllan_KellyFord
16:50:18 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item
16:50:19 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments)
16:50:21 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions
16:50:23 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup
16:55:20 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
16:55:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.206.aaaa
16:55:37 [AllanJ]
zakim, aaaa is me
16:55:37 [Zakim]
+AllanJ; got it
16:55:41 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
16:56:18 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
16:56:18 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
16:56:19 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item [from AllanJ]
16:56:22 [Zakim]
2. review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments) [from AllanJ]
16:56:25 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
16:56:27 [Zakim]
4. Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup [from AllanJ]
16:57:54 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html kford
16:57:57 [AllanJ]
regrets: mhakkinen
16:58:16 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:58:19 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
16:58:25 [kford]
zakim, microsoft is kford
16:58:25 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
16:59:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.895.aabb
17:00:33 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
17:00:59 [Greg]
zakim, aabb is me
17:00:59 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
17:01:06 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:01:38 [AllanJ]
regrets for Jeanne for next week
17:02:13 [AllanJ]
partial regrets for Jeanne, need to leave before 2
17:03:37 [sharper]
sharper has joined #ua
17:04:47 [jeanne]
agenda+ Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG
17:04:47 [sharper]
Zakim, code?
17:04:48 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), sharper
17:05:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.325.aacc
17:05:33 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:05:36 [sharper]
zakim, ??P4 is sharper
17:05:36 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
17:05:47 [jeanne]
zakim, aacc is really kim
17:05:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aacc is really kim', jeanne
17:05:52 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
17:06:03 [jeanne]
zakim, aacc is KimPatch
17:06:03 [Zakim]
+KimPatch; got it
17:07:44 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
17:07:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AllanJ, kford, Greg, Jeanne, KimPatch, sharper
17:07:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see KimPatch, sharper, jeanne, Greg, kford, Zakim, RRSAgent, AllanJ, trackbot
17:11:38 [AllanJ]
http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=ATBCB-2010-0001
17:14:04 [kford]
Scribe: kford
17:14:21 [AllanJ]
zakim, agenda?
17:14:21 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
17:14:23 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item [from AllanJ]
17:14:26 [Zakim]
2. review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments) [from AllanJ]
17:14:28 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
17:14:30 [Zakim]
4. Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup [from AllanJ]
17:14:32 [Zakim]
5. Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG [from jeanne]
17:14:46 [kford]
zakim, take up item 5
17:14:46 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG" taken up [from jeanne]
17:15:28 [kford]
JS: Expresses much joy that authoring tool accessibility guidelines goes to last call.
17:15:51 [kford]
JS: ATAG needs UAAG to review. Comments are due Sept. 2.
17:16:29 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-ATAG20-20100708/
17:17:01 [kford]
JS: Like UAAG, our implementing doc is likely easier to read, that is ATAG.
17:17:18 [kford]
JA: Do we want to do this as a group or individually?
17:17:44 [kford]
JA: We will put this on a future agenda and come back with a comment as UAAG.
17:18:27 [AllanJ]
implementing ATAG http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100708/
17:19:26 [kford]
JS: One thing I learned from ATAG is how problematic it is to let comments linger until last call.
17:20:10 [kford]
zakim, close item 5
17:20:10 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Evaluate ATAG LC draft from UAAG, closed
17:20:11 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:20:13 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item [from AllanJ]
17:20:19 [kford]
zakim, take up item 2
17:20:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments)" taken up [from AllanJ]
17:20:59 [kford]
JS: Make the effort now to get comments on UAAG.
17:22:10 [kford]
JS: Working on form to send to list that people can use to get feedback.
17:23:34 [kford]
Group discusses strategy for getting feedback comments.
17:26:08 [AllanJ]
c
17:26:16 [AllanJ]
ChromeVis: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/halnfobaneppemjnonmmhngbfifnafgd
17:27:49 [kford]
zakim, close item 2
17:27:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2, review Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call (we need comments), closed
17:27:51 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:27:52 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item [from AllanJ]
17:28:51 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
17:28:51 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item" taken up [from AllanJ]
17:41:38 [AllanJ]
all: discussion of implementation tracking spreadsheet.
17:44:10 [kford]
group looking at doc for tracking UAAG.
17:46:44 [AllanJ]
... added a comment field. need to include comments to expand on how an item was met, test used, sample page, any other tools used (screen reader, extension, etc.)
17:50:12 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/UAWG20100707/
17:50:21 [kford]
Group continues to look at shared doc. Looking like we will stick with this version for working within group for now.
17:51:11 [kford]
As you are able start updating browser details.
17:51:12 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
17:55:34 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
17:55:34 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
17:55:36 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item [from AllanJ]
17:55:38 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
17:55:41 [Zakim]
4. Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup [from AllanJ]
17:55:43 [kford]
zakim, close item 1
17:55:43 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Tracking UAAG implementations - Google Group (Kim) Action item, closed
17:55:45 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:55:46 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
18:03:12 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
18:03:12 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
18:03:13 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
18:03:15 [Zakim]
4. Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup [from AllanJ]
18:03:24 [kford]
zakim, take up item 4
18:03:24 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup" taken up [from AllanJ]
18:04:20 [kford]
JA: HTML accessibility task force media subgroup working on requirements for audio and video accessibility.
18:04:47 [AllanJ]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements
18:05:37 [AllanJ]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2010JulSep/0003.html
18:05:42 [kford]
JA: Group has been making progress and reaching the point where they want some clarifications on items.
18:07:21 [kford]
JA: Gave example of cc button showing up when a media track has cc available.
18:12:35 [kford]
GL: A user might say in preference settings that they want doc to reflow to handle changes by automatic content or alternative such as image replacement with alt text.
18:13:54 [Greg]
An example of user control over how overflow is handled would be that the user can set a preference setting saying they want documents to reflow to accomodate elements growing or shrinking in response to automatically generated content (like link numbering) or the substitution of alternative content (such as alt or longdesc).
18:14:59 [Greg]
Then, the user may encounter a particular element (e.g. an image) where the substitution makes the page unusuble, so they could right-click on it and choose to have that element not grow, but instead have scroll bars, thus preventing the rest of the page from being effected.
18:15:53 [kford]
KP: When we talked about this earlier we talked about an option where there might be some drop down option instead of scroll bars.
18:16:37 [kford]
GL: This was just one example. There are likely at lest five ways of handling overflow content.
18:18:27 [kford]
JA: I am preparing another set of clarification questions.
18:19:30 [kford]
JA: Would be great if people could look at the requirements doc once and see what they think.
18:21:44 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:21:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html kford
18:21:53 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
18:21:53 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
18:21:54 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
18:21:57 [Zakim]
4. Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup [from AllanJ]
18:22:03 [kford]
zakim, close item 4
18:22:03 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Update HTML-A11Y Media Subgroup, closed
18:22:04 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
18:22:06 [Zakim]
3. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from AllanJ]
18:23:20 [Zakim]
-sharper
18:23:22 [Zakim]
-KimPatch
18:23:35 [Zakim]
-kford
18:23:39 [Zakim]
-Greg
18:23:43 [Zakim]
-AllanJ
18:23:44 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
18:23:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.206.aaaa, AllanJ, kford, +1.425.895.aabb, Greg, Jeanne, +1.617.325.aacc, sharper, KimPatch
18:26:34 [kford]
Present: Kelly, Simon, Jeanne, Jim, Greg, Kim
18:26:41 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:26:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html kford
18:28:53 [kford]
zakim, please part
18:28:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
18:29:26 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:29:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/08-ua-minutes.html kford