IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:00:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:00:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:00:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:00:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start now
16:00:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:00:17 [trackbot]
Date: 06 July 2010
16:00:28 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:00:36 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:00:53 [mphillip]
16:01:07 [mphillip]
Regrets: Phil Adams, Amy Lewis
16:02:17 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:02:21 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:02:24 [Zakim]
16:02:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
16:02:46 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
16:03:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.209.474.aabb
16:03:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.280.aacc
16:04:12 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:04:32 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
16:04:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mark, +1.708.246.aaaa, +1.209.474.aabb, +1.781.280.aacc
16:04:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eric, Derek, peaston, Zakim, RRSAgent, mphillip, Yves, trackbot
16:04:41 [eric]
Zakim, aabb is eric
16:04:41 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:05:13 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:05:15 [mphillip]
16:05:25 [eric]
Scribe: mphillip
16:05:30 [Derek]
Zakim, aaa is Derek
16:05:30 [Zakim]
sorry, Derek, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
16:05:40 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:05:42 [Derek]
Zakim, aaaa is Derek
16:05:42 [Zakim]
+Derek; got it
16:06:14 [mphillip]
No objections to approving the minutes
16:06:19 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:07:34 [mphillip]
No objections
16:07:45 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:07:52 [mphillip]
Eric - no progress on actions
16:07:56 [mphillip]
Peter - no progress
16:09:21 [mphillip]
Mark, 185 done, 188 still pending
16:09:30 [mphillip]
close action-185
16:09:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 Change the namespace to closed
16:10:10 [mphillip]
Derek: 187 - reviewing the spec...
16:11:30 [mphillip]
Derek: In Binding spec section 2.2.3 we say that targetService MUST appear in requestURI but there is no corresponding fault or specified behaviour
16:12:33 [eric];%20charset=utf-8#binding-message-props
16:15:16 [mphillip]
Mark: The receiver may not know that the targetService was specified and so may not me able to throw a fault
16:17:36 [mphillip]
Eric: Agreed, this may be untestable - can test the positive but can't test the negative
16:20:29 [mphillip]
Peter: There is an analagy with SOAP/HTTP if there is no match for soapAction and I have seen that handled in several ways
16:20:54 [eric]
SOAP Action in SOAP 1.1:
16:23:01 [mphillip]
Derek: Will raise this as an issue for later discussion
16:23:41 [mphillip]
close action-187
16:23:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-187 Review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits closed
16:24:00 [mphillip]
action: Derek to raise an issue regarding targetService and the missing fault
16:24:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-191 - Raise an issue regarding targetService and the missing fault [on Derek Rokicki - due 2010-07-13].
16:24:27 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Namespace discussion
16:24:44 [eric]
16:25:03 [mphillip]
Mark: For action 185
16:33:35 [mphillip]
Mark: Describes changes for namespace
16:34:37 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Changes approved, issue 39 can be closed
16:34:53 [mphillip]
16:34:55 [eric]
16:41:35 [mphillip]
Eric: Reads note from IETF reviewer - outling options
16:42:07 [mphillip]
Eric: Provisional registration makes some sense
16:42:38 [mphillip]
Eric: URN prefix is an option
16:43:18 [mphillip]
Consensus on call is that it is not the ideal option
16:44:32 [mphillip]
Mark: Does provisional URI expire?
16:45:08 [mphillip]
Eric: No, but it could be replaced either by a provisional or permanent URI
16:45:58 [mphillip]
Eric: Provisional *should* block the registration of another "jms" URI unless the new one was demonstrably better
16:46:33 [mphillip]
Eric: and IETF *should* look for backward compatibility before replacing a provisional URI
16:47:42 [mphillip]
Eric: Can push to turn a provisional URI into a permanent URI but it could take some time
16:48:14 [mphillip]
Mark: What's the provisional process?
16:48:18 [eric]
16:49:53 [mphillip]
We would change the status in section 9 of our document and re-submit as a provisional draft
16:51:41 [mphillip]
Mark: A colleague in IBM has a list of all the existing SOAP/JMS formats - perhaps we can use that to demonstrate this needs standardisation
16:52:19 [mphillip]
action: mark to send list of known JMS URI formats to the SOAP/JMS list
16:52:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-192 - Send list of known JMS URI formats to the SOAP/JMS list [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-07-13].
16:53:20 [mphillip]
Eric: We would prefer to keep a URI rather than a URN so I will follow up on the procedure for provisional registration and find out how we would move forward to permanent
16:53:42 [mphillip]
action eric to Investigate provisional uri process and how we would move forward after that
16:53:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-193 - Investigate provisional uri process and how we would move forward after that [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-07-13].
16:56:20 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Moving to PR (via CR)
16:56:52 [mphillip]
Eric: We will need to prepare a document detailing the differences since the last CR, so we will discuss that work next week
16:56:59 [mphillip]
16:57:08 [mphillip]
16:57:17 [Zakim]
16:57:18 [Zakim]
16:57:18 [Zakim]
16:57:43 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
17:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, +1.781.280.aacc, in WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM
17:05:05 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:05:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were Mark, +1.708.246.aaaa, +1.209.474.aabb, +1.781.280.aacc, eric, Derek
17:13:38 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
18:45:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms