IRC log of mediaann on 2010-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:01:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
11:01:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-irc
11:01:57 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
11:02:17 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Jul/0005.html
11:02:23 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, make log public
11:02:38 [tmichel]
I am the only one on zakim ?
11:02:46 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
11:03:04 [Zakim]
-??P1
11:03:06 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
11:03:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were
11:03:07 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
11:03:15 [Zakim]
+joakim
11:03:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.588.aaaa
11:04:20 [Zakim]
+??P2
11:05:12 [fsasaki]
chair: Thierry
11:05:16 [Zakim]
+florian
11:05:41 [fsasaki]
present: Thierry, Joakim, Florian, pierre, Felix
11:05:59 [fsasaki]
regrets: raphael, john, tobias
11:06:11 [fsasaki]
scribe: felix
11:06:23 [fsasaki]
topic: Convene
11:06:42 [fsasaki]
minutes from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-minutes.html
11:06:53 [fsasaki]
thierry: last minutes approved?
11:07:03 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: minutes approved
11:07:06 [fsasaki]
topic: next meeting
11:07:20 [fsasaki]
thierry: next meeting 2010-08-31
11:07:36 [fsasaki]
topic: next f2f meeting
11:08:09 [fsasaki]
thierry: dates are September 8,9,10
11:08:15 [fsasaki]
.. please register at http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/MAWG-Sophia/
11:08:30 [fsasaki]
.. logistic page ist at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Sophia2010Logistics
11:08:35 [fsasaki]
.. registration will close on August 20th
11:08:44 [fsasaki]
.. please register ASAP
11:08:49 [fsasaki]
.. questions about f2f?
11:09:21 [fsasaki]
.. will work out agenda at next teleconf, after summer break
11:09:32 [fsasaki]
.. logistic page has a bunch of hotels
11:10:00 [fsasaki]
regrets+ chris
11:10:56 [fsasaki]
thierry: please make reservations for the hotels ASAP
11:11:06 [fsasaki]
.. since there will be heavy bookings in early September
11:11:09 [fsasaki]
topic: Action items
11:11:13 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
11:12:31 [fsasaki]
thierry: for ACTION-47, ACTION-189, ACTION-214, ACTION-223 : responsible people are not on the call
11:12:58 [fsasaki]
joakim: about ACTION-234: planned to advertise our spec to Google
11:13:24 [fsasaki]
.. will keep this open for after the summer break
11:13:47 [fsasaki]
thierry: create a namespace doc for joakim, ACTION-259, why this one?
11:14:25 [fsasaki]
joakim: there was no formal namespace description at all, Felix showed me some examples of namespace documents
11:15:25 [fsasaki]
felix: would be good to have something that resolves at the namespace location
11:16:00 [fsasaki]
.. I have no preference whether that should be a namespace document or something else
11:16:13 [fsasaki]
thierry: agree that we need something
11:16:39 [fsasaki]
.. I have an HTML document, will change that to the new location with the #
11:16:47 [fsasaki]
.. so we can close ACTION-259
11:16:51 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-259
11:16:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-259 Create a namespace doc closed
11:17:22 [fsasaki]
thierry: ACTION-261, done with an PHP script, need to coordinate with Wonsuk that he can include the code inthe doc
11:17:31 [fsasaki]
s/inthe /in the /
11:18:20 [fsasaki]
.. leave this open for later
11:19:09 [fsasaki]
thierry: ACTION-263 done
11:19:16 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-263
11:19:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-263 Provide info on hotel and logistics for upcoming f2f closed
11:20:36 [fsasaki]
thierry: ACTION-266 is an action to the editor, probably wonsuk
11:22:40 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-267
11:22:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-267 Organize a call asap, e.g. next week closed
11:22:51 [fsasaki]
topic: Extend the LC period until the end of August or not?
11:23:43 [fsasaki]
thierry: don't think that extension of LC is a good idea
11:25:08 [fsasaki]
.. suggest that we keep the current July date open
11:25:17 [fsasaki]
.. WG will send in comments late, as usual
11:25:38 [fsasaki]
felix: understand thierry's rationale
11:26:04 [fsasaki]
.. I think it is mostly important to have a period for the fragments folks to provide comments
11:26:34 [fsasaki]
thierry: we can say "LC period is July 11th", but we will accept responses that are late
11:26:40 [fsasaki]
.. but we want them before our f2f meeting
11:27:00 [fsasaki]
.. if we push until September 1st, we will not get anything for the f2f meeting
11:27:21 [fsasaki]
.. even if we get a late LC comment, we will accept it
11:27:39 [fsasaki]
.. hence, would like to avoid an offical push of postponing the date
11:27:59 [fsasaki]
.. before going to LC I asked the groups if they are OK with the July date, groups were OK with that
11:29:12 [fsasaki]
.. plan to say "closing date is still the same, if people are late we will ack their response anyway, but we must have the comments before the f2f meeting"
11:29:20 [fsasaki]
.. everybody on the call fine with that?
11:29:24 [fsasaki]
+1
11:29:55 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: plan for LC "closing date is still the same, if people are late we will ack their response anyway, but we must have the comments before the f2f meeting" accepted
11:29:58 [fsasaki]
topic: LC comments
11:34:02 [fsasaki]
discussion of the "mapping table should be non-normative" comment
11:34:15 [fsasaki]
thierry: will send out responses to LC comments after the f2f meeting
11:35:07 [fsasaki]
.. there are still some LC comments which need a volunteer to take care of them
11:35:21 [fsasaki]
.. please speak up if you are available for (one of) them
11:35:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:35:56 [fsasaki]
action: Thierry to send mail to remind for volunteers taking care of LC comments
11:35:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-268 - Send mail to remind for volunteers taking care of LC comments [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-07-13].
11:36:31 [fsasaki]
topic: Namespace Discussion
11:36:47 [fsasaki]
suggested namespace is http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#
11:37:52 [fsasaki]
thierry: there was a resolution to agree on this new namespace last week
11:38:01 [fsasaki]
.. two things to change, wonsuk should change the string
11:38:11 [fsasaki]
.. I will make sure that the string is resolved
11:38:23 [fsasaki]
.. any questions?
11:38:56 [fsasaki]
joakim: is that common to use #?
11:39:04 [fsasaki]
thierry: have seen both
11:39:23 [pchampin]
the RDF namespace itself uses # :)
11:39:39 [fsasaki]
felix: I think both versions are fine
11:39:56 [fsasaki]
.. for RDF the hash version is more practical
11:40:03 [fsasaki]
.. see "cool URIs for the semantic web" document
11:40:04 [pchampin]
but # namespaces are slightly easier to publish than / namespaces
11:40:15 [fsasaki]
pchampin: exactly
11:40:28 [fsasaki]
topic: RDF Task force update and progress
11:40:39 [fsasaki]
thierry: tobias not here, skipped
11:40:53 [fsasaki]
topic: Test Suite Progress
11:41:31 [fsasaki]
thierry goes through the contributions from Florian and Werner, and test suite proposal from Chris
11:42:27 [fsasaki]
florian: "library to extract test cases for JavaScript" based on an earlier version of webIdl, so not appropriate for us
11:43:50 [fsasaki]
s/based on an earlier version of webIdl/based on an earlier version of webIdl (I think that it is the same a thierry mentioned)/
11:44:09 [fsasaki]
florian: will report about the library at next call
11:44:23 [fsasaki]
action: Florian to report about "library to extract test cases for JavaScript" at next call
11:44:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-269 - Report about "library to extract test cases for JavaScript" at next call [on Florian Stegmaier - due 2010-07-13].
11:45:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:45:13 [Zakim]
-Felix
11:45:43 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:49:12 [fsasaki]
thierry: not sure how to move forward with test suite issue
11:50:23 [fsasaki]
topic: AOB
11:50:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:50:43 [fsasaki]
thierry: have a good summer break
11:50:51 [fsasaki]
.. I will track comments during the summer break
11:51:02 [fsasaki]
.. will remind groups to send their comments
11:52:58 [Zakim]
-florian
11:53:24 [fsasaki]
adjourned
11:53:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:53:40 [Zakim]
-Felix
11:53:45 [Zakim]
-joakim
12:05:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, +1.617.588.aaaa, in IA_MAWG()7:00AM
12:05:06 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:05:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were joakim, +1.617.588.aaaa, Felix, florian, [IPcaller]
14:05:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
14:31:02 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann