IRC log of ua on 2010-07-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:55:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
16:55:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc
16:55:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:55:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:55:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
16:55:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
16:55:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
16:55:50 [trackbot]
Date: 01 July 2010
16:56:35 [kford]
Agenda+ Tracking UAAG implementations
16:56:37 [kford]
Agenda+ Action item review
16:56:38 [kford]
Agenda+Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call
16:56:40 [kford]
Agenda+ Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions
16:57:04 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
16:57:04 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
16:57:06 [Zakim]
1. Tracking UAAG implementations [from kford]
16:57:08 [Zakim]
2. Action item review [from kford]
16:57:09 [Zakim]
3. Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call [from kford]
16:57:11 [Zakim]
4. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from kford]
16:57:34 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html kford
16:57:55 [kford]
Chair: Jim_Allan_Kelly_Ford
17:00:07 [sharper]
sharper has joined #ua
17:00:26 [sharper]
zakim, code?
17:00:26 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), sharper
17:01:14 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
17:01:52 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
17:01:59 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:02:29 [kford]
zakim, code?
17:02:29 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), kford
17:02:54 [kford]
We still need skype, correct?
17:03:38 [jeanne]
correct
17:04:03 [kford]
Phoning in now and then adding Simon.
17:04:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:05:04 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:05:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:06:04 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
17:07:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.325.aaaa
17:09:36 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:09:40 [jeanne]
scribe: jeanne
17:09:43 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
17:09:43 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Tracking UAAG implementations" taken up [from kford]
17:09:44 [jeanne]
Chair: kelly
17:09:57 [jeanne]
present+ Jeanne, Kelly, Simon, Kim
17:10:07 [jeanne]
regrets+ Jim, Greg
17:10:23 [jeanne]
agenda?
17:10:33 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
17:10:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Tracking UAAG implementations" taken up [from kford]
17:11:00 [jeanne]
KF: Send me an ID so I can get you set up with Windows Live ID file sharing.
17:12:10 [kford]
Please send windows live IDs to Kelly's work e-mail address. We will add these to sharing for the tracking document.
17:12:31 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #ua
17:13:53 [kford]
/me, Mark are you just on IRC?
17:14:04 [kford]
zakim, close item 1
17:14:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Tracking UAAG implementations, closed
17:14:05 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:14:06 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
17:14:07 [Zakim]
2. Action item review [from kford]
17:14:19 [kford]
zakim, take up iem 2
17:14:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up iem 2', kford
17:14:25 [kford]
zakim, take up item 2
17:14:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Action item review" taken up [from kford]
17:14:32 [mhakkinen]
i'm joining on the phone in a minute
17:14:46 [mhakkinen]
trying to find a quiet spot
17:16:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
17:17:23 [jeanne]
present+ Mark
17:18:54 [jeanne]
action-173 close
17:19:11 [jeanne]
close action-173
17:19:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-173 Clean up focus definition. closed
17:19:53 [jeanne]
action: Patch to go through document and make sure that instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions
17:19:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-411 - Go through document and make sure that instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions [on Kimberly Patch - due 2010-07-08].
17:22:27 [jeanne]
close action-188
17:22:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-188 Review UAAG 2.0 to find missing glossary definitions closed
17:22:57 [jeanne]
close action-226
17:22:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-226 Square HTML5 with 4.9. closed
17:29:09 [jeanne]
KP: Did we ever finish following up on all the HTML5 issues that we wanted to include in UAAG? If jeanne sends me the document, I will look and see if we covered them
17:31:15 [jeanne]
jeanne has left #ua
17:33:43 [kford]
zakim, close item 2
17:33:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Action item review, closed
17:33:44 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:33:45 [Zakim]
3. Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call [from kford]
17:33:57 [kford]
zakim, take up item 3
17:33:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call" taken up [from kford]
17:37:18 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:37:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html kford
17:37:42 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
17:37:54 [jeanne]
Dates changed to August 12 on actions 290 and 303
17:37:54 [jeanne]
[13:36] <jeanne> zakim, take up next item
17:37:54 [jeanne]
[13:36] <jeanne> public-uaag2-comments@w3.org
17:38:05 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next item
17:38:05 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions" taken up [from kford]
17:38:23 [jeanne]
public-uaag2-comments@w3.org
17:38:48 [kford]
zakim, close item 3
17:38:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Promoting most recent working draft and getting to last call, closed
17:38:50 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
17:38:51 [Zakim]
4. Work on techniques for Principle 1: Comply with applicable specifications and conventions [from kford]
17:49:08 [jeanne]
KF: I don't like the start of Principle 1. It is repetitious and confusing. I propose:
17:49:53 [jeanne]
... Make 1.3 -> 1.1
17:50:05 [jeanne]
... 1.4 -> 1.2
17:50:19 [jeanne]
... Old 1.1 -> 1.3
17:50:29 [jeanne]
...old 1.2 -> 1.4
17:52:11 [jeanne]
KF: In the subheadings - 1.1.1 - change to HTML headings.
17:52:19 [jeanne]
JS: Yes.
17:52:59 [jeanne]
action: JS to reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings <h> headings.
17:52:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-412 - Reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings <h> headings. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-07-08].
17:55:50 [jeanne]
KF: Can we reorganize it so that we separate the web based vs. non web based.
17:56:21 [sharper]
Action: sharper to rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved to 1.3 and 1.4
17:56:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-413 - Rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved to 1.3 and 1.4 [on Simon Harper - due 2010-07-08].
17:56:35 [jeanne]
JS: for example, a browser is web based, and an embedded video player is non web based.
17:58:46 [jeanne]
# authoring tool user interface (non-web-based): Any parts of an authoring tool user interface that are not implemented as web content and instead run directly on a platform that is not a user agent, such as Windows, Mac OS, Java Virtual Machine, etc.
17:58:46 [jeanne]
# authoring tool user interface (web-based): Any parts of an authoring tool user interface that are implemented using web content technologies and are accessed by authors via a user agent.
18:04:14 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
18:04:20 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
18:05:53 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:05:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-minutes.html jeanne
18:08:13 [kford]
http://cid-a7b1bd807b044bbc.office-df.live.com/view.aspx/Public/uaag20100617.xlsx
18:08:51 [jeanne]
zakim, bye
18:08:51 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Jeanne, [IPcaller], +1.617.325.aaaa
18:08:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
18:08:56 [jeanne]
rrsagent, bye
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-actions.rdf :
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Patch to go through document and make sure that instances of focus, highlight and select match the new definitions [1]
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc#T17-19-53
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to reorganize the HTML to make the subheadings <h> headings. [2]
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc#T17-52-59
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sharper to rework current 1.1 and 1.2 just moved to 1.3 and 1.4 [3]
18:08:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-ua-irc#T17-56-21