IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-06-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:20:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:20:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-irc
09:20:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:20:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:20:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:20:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 20 minutes ago
09:20:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:20:44 [trackbot]
Date: 30 June 2010
09:20:47 [raphael]
zakim, code?
09:20:48 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), raphael
09:21:34 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:21:41 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:21:41 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
09:21:50 [raphael]
Regrets: Davy,Erik
09:21:52 [Zakim]
+Jack_Jansen
09:22:04 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Jack
09:22:47 [jackjansen]
any else calling in?
09:23:47 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0081.html
09:24:01 [raphael]
scribe: raphael
09:24:04 [raphael]
scribenick: raphael
09:24:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:24:23 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aaaa
09:25:41 [silvia]
scribe: silvia
09:26:11 [silvia]
raphael wants to have at least an informal chat
09:26:23 [raphael]
scribenick: silvia
09:26:46 [silvia]
… informed us that his student has some good slides and made a good demo on media frag, which he will publish after the phone conf
09:28:13 [silvia]
raphael: can we discuss philip's issues
09:28:44 [silvia]
status: Yves reckons escaped characters are only allowed in specific places
09:29:05 [silvia]
silvia: but I am not sure that applies to fragment name-value pairs
09:29:14 [silvia]
jack: if it is in the URI spec, we need to point to it
09:29:42 [silvia]
action: jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri spec
09:29:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-181 - Investigate how escaping is defined in uri spec [on Jack Jansen - due 2010-07-07].
09:30:09 [raphael]
ACTION-180?
09:30:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-180 -- Davy Van Deursen to add the WebM codec into our fitting table -- due 2010-06-30 -- OPEN
09:30:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/180
09:30:18 [silvia]
raphael: wants to discuss a number of things
09:30:31 [silvia]
start with action-180
09:30:48 [raphael]
close ACTION-180
09:30:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-180 Add the WebM codec into our fitting table closed
09:31:20 [raphael]
Silvia: I agree to remove "conditionnaly fit" from the table since we are not dealing with transcoding... this is clear now
09:31:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:31:56 [raphael]
ACTION-179?
09:31:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-179 -- Raphaël Troncy to address RTSP handling, pointing to the wiki page for the processing, making sure the syntax is stated to be generic -- due 2010-06-30 -- OPEN
09:31:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/179
09:32:03 [raphael]
close ACTION-179
09:32:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-179 Address RTSP handling, pointing to the wiki page for the processing, making sure the syntax is stated to be generic closed
09:33:33 [raphael]
Silvia: I don't think the wiki page is good, I would prefer to point to the email thread starting by Jack
09:33:35 [silvia]
specification is published with a link to the RTSP wiki page
09:34:01 [silvia]
silvia: problem with the wiki page is that the spec for implementers isn't really complete, but the email thread is more useful
09:34:19 [silvia]
jack: I thought we were going to point to a proper document, not a wiki page
09:34:38 [silvia]
raphael: shall we incorporate the email summary in the wiki or start a new document?
09:36:11 [silvia]
silvia: if we can get the rtsp part back into the spec, I would prefer this - and then keep it in the wiki
09:36:35 [silvia]
raphael: such a massive change may require another last call WD
09:36:47 [silvia]
.. it will stop us from going to CR
09:37:20 [silvia]
… we can take that decision at the end of august
09:37:39 [silvia]
jack: if we add this as normative text, it would require LC WD
09:38:10 [silvia]
… but if we just add it as informative text, e.g. in an appendix, then it may be possible to move to CR without another LC WD
09:38:42 [silvia]
raphael: suggests to continue making changes in wiki, so we keep all possibilities open still
09:39:11 [raphael]
Good summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0080.html
09:39:19 [silvia]
action: silvia to include summary into wiki page
09:39:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-182 - Include summary into wiki page [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-07-07].
09:39:43 [silvia]
raphael: AOB?
09:39:50 [silvia]
jack: planning summer
09:40:04 [silvia]
raphael: have teleconf next week, and then decide what to do in July/August
09:40:24 [silvia]
action: raphael to write to mailing list about teleconf in summer
09:40:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - raphael
09:41:20 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:41:22 [raphael]
[adjourned]
09:41:22 [Zakim]
-Jack_Jansen
09:41:22 [Zakim]
- +61.2.801.2.aaaa
09:41:24 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:41:26 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, Jack_Jansen, +61.2.801.2.aaaa
09:41:29 [silvia]
bye!
09:41:37 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft minues', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
09:41:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:42:19 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
09:42:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:42:40 [raphael]
Present+ silvia
09:43:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:44:14 [raphael]
zakim, bye
09:44:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
09:44:18 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri spec [1]
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-irc#T09-29-42
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: silvia to include summary into wiki page [2]
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-irc#T09-39-19
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: raphael to write to mailing list about teleconf in summer [3]
09:44:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-irc#T09-40-24